10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Shoutbox

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 07/03/2017, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

I'm going to see it sometime this week.  With that said though?  Excessive reboots really annoy me.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/16/2017, 06:39 PMThe 2012 Spidey looks older than the one from 2002...
Well, yeah.  He's ten years older!  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NoSexGex

Do his eyes actually squint in the new Spiderman? I saw a video where the Spiderman suit animatronically squints his eyes, not sure if it was used in the movie or something fan made
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

ClodBusted

Yes, he does that. Looks rather cool.

However, ever since I've seen Hentai Kamen, I can't unthink of him when I see somebody in a Spiderman costume. It's the similar style of eyes.

blueraven

Necro, Arkhan is gonna have a fit that you used quotes

Arkhan Asylum

STOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING THIS IS SHOUTBOX NOT QUOTEBOX ITS NOT A FORUM JUST PRETEND ITS A SHOUTBOX I SWEAR ITS A SHOUTBOX HNGGNHGFGBGF
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/17/2017, 04:16 PMSTOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING THIS IS SHOUTBOX NOT QUOTEBOX ITS NOT A FORUM JUST PRETEND ITS A SHOUTBOX I SWEAR ITS A SHOUTBOX HNGGNHGFGBGF
Okay.  Stop shouting.

Arkhan Asylum

ITS SHOUTBOX I TIMETRAVELED TOO FAR MY KEYBOARD ONLY SUPPORTS ALL CAPS NOW ITS LIKE A COMMODORE 64.

CALL HACKERMAN.

I HACKED TOO MUCH TIME.

I LOVE YOU
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

And the Spiderman thing, I'm not judging anyone. As a super-diehard comics fan I pretty much have to watch it. It just sucks when certain storylines get butchered on the big screen, which is how I felt about the last two reboots, its just seemed like a gigantic money grab and assertion of control over Stan Lee's character. Lee sued Sony over his creation and was I think awarded 10% of everything and a cameo in every movie and series in a settlement or judgement. That's apparently why Marvel went with Netflix, because they were able to in-house everything.

...But again, Marvel isn't a tiny company any more. They're fucking Disney... at this point the only person I care about in this Spiderman war is Stan The Man, who created a comic book that the world loves, and is finally getting paid for it. It just sucks that there is this embroiled war over who owns it.

...Oh and Miles Morales, the new Spiderman is badass. I really dug the few issues that I read. Peter Parker is washed out like an old pair of jeans at this point, imo.

More research on this and I'll rant about it again.

I guarantee it.

Arkhan Asylum

AUNT MAY IS HOT FUCK THE REST OF THE MOVIE.

LOL SHIT CAPS LOCK IS STILL ON.

blueraven

Yeah she keeps getting younger, like in every reboot. Someone here posted a meme about it earlier that made me laugh. She was always like this 70+ yo woman in the comic, his great aunt... So now Aunt May is a tough 30something. I'm strangely OK with this, haha.

But again, they want to bring a younger generation into the franchise and are doing an experiment to see how they dig the character reboots. So far, the only interesting tie-in was the confirmation that the kid with the helmet in Iron Man 2 was actually a 6yo Peter Parker. And that whole thing about balancing High School and the Avengers... well, that's Hollywood for ya. He was already working for J.J.J. when he teamed up with the Avengers, and probably like 26 or 27.

Just parallels. 

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/17/2017, 04:16 PMSTOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING STOP QUOTING THIS IS SHOUTBOX NOT QUOTEBOX ITS NOT A FORUM JUST PRETEND ITS A SHOUTBOX I SWEAR ITS A SHOUTBOX HNGGNHGFGBGF
I'll donate $10000 to the forum if someone adds the shoutbox back

but with a quote add-on installed in it
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

blueraven

Just to drive Ark bonkers?

blueraven

Ten grands a lot of dough. I assume you already have magical chase? I've heard it's worth taking out a second mortgage for.

Arkhan Asylum

itd be cool if aunt may talked like in my cousin vinny for the whole movie.

spidey wouldnt the only one shooting white shit all over the screen.

blueraven

:lol:

Apparently Jack Palance was fucked up and gave Marisa Tomei the Oscar that year.

Look it up.

Arkhan Asylum

I'll give her a fuckin oscar.

seriously, ill paint my wang like oscar the grouch and get down with her.

awyeee lol.

YO BITCH LEMME GET IN YOUR CAN.

blueraven

But can you tell the court what the proper ignition timing is on a 1957 Chevy Belair with a 327 V8 Engine?

Arkhan Asylum

ITS A BULLSHIT QUESTION.

blueraven

SO I'm guessing the chat "app" can be re-turned on from control panel somewhere by an admin?

I can just drop chatrooms into MySQL databases and blast off from the control panel on my xhml webpages... It can't be too hard, right?

blueraven

Also, alternatively, I could create YET ANOTHER PCE CHATROOM and then kick you all off of it when you finally figure out how to log on

blueraven

I think like 3 people found freeforum chat on the last day.

TR0N

To quote geese howard,PREDICTABLE !!!!!!!!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

IRC widgets are available.   Depending on the forum framework, there are other chattydoodads, too.

xcrement5x

Quote from: blueraven on 07/18/2017, 12:52 AM:lol:

Apparently Jack Palance was fucked up and gave Marisa Tomei the Oscar that year.

Look it up.
I googled it, you are wrong :P
http://blackbag.gawker.com/did-marisa-tomei-win-her-best-supporting-actress-oscar-1694866564

Also, I don't care I quoted, eat a bag of diiiiicks!

PS-She looks pretty good in that acceptance video, I can see why George was smitten.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

In light of La La Land's debacle, the bit in there about PWC immediately correcting any errors is hilarious.

o.pwuaioc

blueraven

Stop using quotes in Shoutbox. There's only so much fucking bandwith.

Also, I said that Jack Palance was fucked up, not that there was an oscar conspiracy that year. He looks like he drank a bottle of Robotussin when he gives the speech. Said that he was drunk or had a headcold in a later interview.. code for "I was fucked up"

Yeah the Snopes article here:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/tomei.asp

Gredler

seieienbu

Speaking of Geese Howard, I'm super excited that he's being added as a guest character to Tekken 7.  I've been playing Paul for years but I'm totally dropping him for Geese.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

blueraven

Geise is probably stoked too.

blueraven

oh man, finally got that comic done for Sarumaru. Big announcement coming soon...

ClodBusted

This is now a Trump thread.

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

trumplovescum 2016

Gredler

Pro motion NG trumps PhotoShop, maybe, when it comes to pixel art. I am addicted!

Arkhan Asylum

hahahhhhhhhhhh.

I like when Photoshop suckage is confirmed.

Gredler

So black and white! :) I am excited to have a new tool. I figured there was a toolset out there that was built for low spec platforms. I so to glad to finally have something with modern design sensibilities which take advantage of somewhat current hardware capabilities, but works within the confines or at least with the limitations in mind for these platforms.

blueraven

...Says the guy from Germany.

FIRST PCEFX THEN PAULCHAT NOW DoxPhile.

THERE IS NOWHERE TO SHOUT. THE SHOUTBOXES GONE ALLL GONE. WHAT DO WE DO.

SHOUT SHOUT LET ITALL OUT

Gredler

so the phile is 100% down right now? I tried logging in and was refused access. Everyone, viva le discord! vamanos!

blueraven

This is a massive conspiracy to overthrow Shoutbox.

I WILL NOT YIELD.

ClodBusted

He likes to shout and he can't lie...

Arkhan Asylum

I am kind of black and white when it comes to tools that cost that much money.

Photoshop is expensive.   Stupidly expensive, really.

I would expect that I don't need to buy a supposedly less gooder paint program because the best one ever can't do a thing.

I bought FruityLoops for music. 

I've literally needed no other audio or music software since.  Unless you count VSTs, which you shouldn't, since they are designed to be this way, and work in all the music programs

EXCEPT FUCKIN RENOISE BECAUSE THAT THING ALWAYS FUCKS UP ON ME

Gredler

I get my moneys worth out of my photoshop sub in both income and money saved performing tasks that would otherwise cost a lot of money. This argument has been had a million times before, and I understand why it's not right for you, but for me and a million other artists it's hard to ween away from the teet of photoshop. It's great, has a great tools and most of us have over 15-20 years using the same tools yet improved and modernized constantly. I am happy fruityloops is a one stop shop for you, but that's apples and oranges no pun intended. I understand your frustration that photoshop doesn't have a low resolution indexed color workflow in mind, but it IS still possible and is a super low priority for Adobe. It's still undeniably the best raster image software you're going to find, even if a small portion of its use case is outclassed by a program specifically designed for that use case.

Arkhan Asylum

I don't know that DAWs and coloring programs are really as apple and orangey as you think.  They are both on the same level of complexity, and people get into the same religious arguments about the various options...

and then everyone says oh use Logic Pro on their 9000230230923$ apple setup

and I really just go back to the part where the issue is an actual bug in photoshop.   It's just comical, since they could probably fix it pretty easily.

Probably easier than when we had to reload the image with Allegro or SDL, and rewrite the file with a reversed palette.

I think that's the reason it's so easy to make fun of the entire situation.

I really wish I knew where the hell that utility went.   I'll probably rewrite it at some point when I am not being lazy.

blueraven

I got Master Suite CS6 right before they went fully to the cloud.

It was the last physical copy you could buy... And the last one in the store. They gave me a free tshirt.  got the program for $549 out the door with my student discount and I own it forever.

I have to say, I have no fucking clue how to do word bubbles in comics, that is one thing that has just completely evaded me. Maybe I should get Manga studio.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

johnnykonami

Quote from: blueraven on 07/20/2017, 02:21 AMI got Master Suite CS6 right before they went fully to the cloud.

It was the last physical copy you could buy... And the last one in the store. They gave me a free tshirt.  got the program for $549 out the door with my student discount and I own it forever.

I have to say, I have no fucking clue how to do word bubbles in comics, that is one thing that has just completely evaded me. Maybe I should get Manga studio.
I did the same thing, except I couldn't afford the entire master suite at the time.  I went for production premium I think it is, only stuff I care about was ps, illustrator, and aftereffects, so I'm good I think.  I think i missed some desktop publishing/web stuff.  But I feel the same way, I just wanted to own the damn thing and not have a monthly bill just to use it.  Reason 6.5 is the last DAW I've used, not sure if I'm gonna update to latest or not, it's just for fun for me.

NecroPhile

I only have Elements, but at least it's not subscription bullshit.

Psycho Punch

I'm going to be late for work and it's all because of Bithead100.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

blueraven

Quote from: johnnykonami on 07/20/2017, 11:11 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 07/20/2017, 02:21 AMI got Master Suite CS6 right before they went fully to the cloud.

I did the same thing, except I couldn't afford the entire master suite at the time.  I went for production premium I think it is, only stuff I care about was ps, illustrator, and aftereffects, so I'm good I think.  I think i missed some desktop publishing/web stuff.  But I feel the same way, I just wanted to own the damn thing and not have a monthly bill just to use it.  Reason 6.5 is the last DAW I've used, not sure if I'm gonna update to latest or not, it's just for fun for me.
*Like*