@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Shoutbox

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 07/03/2017, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

That's actually... kind of rad.

xcrement5x

You know clodbuster if you are diligent about it you can normally find new blank cassette tapes at thrifts for cheap.  I picked up packs of them for awhile at around 50c a tape or less, have more than enough for now though.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

why get new blanks when you can just go buy all the garbage 90s pop music tapes for less and tape over them.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

boats and hoes
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

The Maxell UR-90 were on sale for 2 € per pack of five, so I couldn't say no.

I'm not dead serious about that cassette tape deck. Just mildly serious enough for wanting to make it work again and have some fun recording silly stuff from my MP3 library. So I can make friends suffer, erm, listen to it.

And to show cassette tapes sound better than what most people think of them nowadays, if handled with proper recording equipment and noise reduction.

blueraven

Cassettes. The new 8-Track.

They're "oldschool"

Arkhan Asylum

i like when people call them A Tracks, and it's like bitch are you dumb.

blueraven

Try stuffing flapjacks into the dashboard of your car. They will give you Quadrophonic sound.

Arkhan Asylum

flapjack titties are the worst.

blueraven

Having a boat would be pretty sweet but then you would have to have a lake

blueraven

WHO THE FUCK HAS A LAKE

Arkhan Asylum

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

blueraven

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE A BOAT WITHOUT A LAKE

Arkhan Asylum

how can you eat your PUDDING IF YOU DONT BEAT YOUR MEAT

ClodBusted

QuoteTHIS IS A QUOTE

ClodBusted

The "JAPJAC (Leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.) JAPJAC is the first known AND proven SNK NEO-GEO Retail Version owner in the English-speaking World." is back.

Let's have a party time.

gilbert

Party time? Party Time? PARTY TIME?
Your wish is fulfilled!

(Sorry, just couldn't resist. ](*,) )

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2017, 07:23 AMThe "JAPJAC (Leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.) JAPJAC is the first known AND proven SNK NEO-GEO Retail Version owner in the English-speaking World." is back.

Let's have a party time.
(© 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

"JAPJAC is the first known AND proven SNK NEO-GEO Retail Version owner in the English-speaking World."

why do I have the feeling that JAC stands for JACQUES or other stupid french name?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

NecroPhile

Because the french are horrible people?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Dat Party Time.  The movie looks just atrocious.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

JAPJAC

JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

ClodBusted

Of course, if you tell us more about the CPS game changer, the thing that changed the English speaking world. Please.

JAPJAC

Quote from: ClodBusted on 11/03/2017, 06:49 PMOf course, if you tell us more about the CPS game changer, the thing that changed the English speaking world. Please.
Thanks for the fandom.  Who are you?  No one.  Don't care.  Thanks for your time.
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

Sarumaru

Quote from: JAPJAC on 11/03/2017, 08:01 PMThanks for the fandom.  Who are you?  No one.  Don't care.  Thanks for your time.
Well, you certainly aren't going to make any friends with that attitude, mister!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 11/03/2017, 08:45 PM
Quote from: JAPJAC on 11/03/2017, 08:01 PMThanks for the fandom.  Who are you?  No one.  Don't care.  Thanks for your time.
Well, you certainly aren't going to make any friends with that attitude, mister!
JAVFAP is the first known AND proven autistic friendless forums user in the English-speaking World.

SignOfZeta

Fuck yeah! I mean, when did you buy your Neo Geo? In 1993!? Ha! You fucking herb! There's no way you could have filled it with as much cum learned as much about it as this guy has. Die noob, you got burned by the fan's fan, the OG (of the English speaking world) Fapjack.
IMG

turboswimbz

YsBeMorePoliteComrade.jpg
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SignOfZeta

Oh man, you know how Bowie constantly says Hoggle's name wrong in that awesome movie with all the walls in it? I'm now imagining something like that with JimmyJack here.
IMG

CrackTiger

You guys are just jealous because you don't have the Capcom Power System CHANGER.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

...and there's no point in getting one now because I'll never be the FIRST IN THE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD, that mighty crown is taken.
IMG

SignOfZeta

tragic.webp

I wonder what his other Google Alerts are.
IMG

ClodBusted

Quote from: CrackTiger on 11/04/2017, 12:59 AMYou guys are just jealous because you don't have the Capcom Power System CHANGER.
I bet it was a real game changer.

Pffdfffrrfffdffpfffr.

turboswimbz

MY MOM IS A GAME CHANGER

ClodBusted

Hypermarket - when a regular supermarket is just not doing it.

turboswimbz

Target and Walmart can kiss my ass

blueraven

JAPJAC LE BAQ?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't we run you off the forum years ago for doing something so ridiculous I can't even remember? The mirth... the mirth is as thick as a pea soup fog. It must not have been important. Oh, and it looks like you're still a n00B after all of these years. Welcome back n00B.

The shitstorm will be unrelenting. Hope you brought a raincoat.

And acting important will only bring you a flamewar... You know this. Might be a good time to fade into the pixels unless you want to argue with everyone and get that post count up.

ClodBusted

Gredler

Link looks like he's trying to work a fart out

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gredler on 11/08/2017, 12:26 PMLink looks like he's trying to work a fart out
I thought of this:

spenoza

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/03/2017, 09:16 PMJAVFAP is the first known AND proven autistic friendless forums user in the English-speaking World.
OK, that's not cool. Autism isn't an insult. It's something some people have and cannot help.

(this is in no way a defense of JASRAC, or JEVDAP, or whoever the fuck he is)

SignOfZeta

It's an insult when you don't have it.
IMG

spenoza

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/08/2017, 04:05 PMIt's an insult when you don't have it.
And people who use it that way are assholes, so there is that.

SignOfZeta

What you're touching on is part of a much larger issue of "who is it OK to make fun of and for what" that I think needs addressing.

I warn you though, the answer isn't very...fun, exactly, because it's really just "selfish people who are aware of how selfish they are". Those are the only people it's OK to rag on now. Many many many forum weirdos are autistic or have other diagnosis, so are many of the most valuable members of forums that I go to. There are quite a few "bad guys" we shit on every day that are very obviously the victim of their own internal troubles, Nintega, the Prof, RegalSyn, be it autism or something else.

Be careful what you wish for.
IMG

seieienbu

When I was in college I had a classmate that was in a wheel chair.  We worked together in a few classes on a few projects.  At one point I was discussing something with him and I referred to something as "lame."  It was exactly at that moment that I realized that any insult you sling is insulting to somebody.  He didn't even seem to care but I felt really bad at that moment that because of something I used frequently due to its relatively innocuous nature.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBusted

Fighting a zombie is a lot simpler than booking a plane flight.

NecroPhile

Lame has more than one long standing definition, including its use to describe something that's weak/inadequate/unsatisfactory.  Saying something like "that's a lame excuse" is not an insult to the physically handicapped.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/09/2017, 10:07 AMLame has more than one long standing definition, including its use to describe something that's weak/inadequate/unsatisfactory.  Saying something like "that's a lame excuse" is not an insult to the physically handicapped.
Yeah, it bugs me when people have an inability to understand how vernacular changes.   

The autism one is hard to really justify since it only exists as a mental problem and is literally what the word was made for... granted, around here a lot of us still use it to make fun of each other because we're dicks.

Over the course of the 90s, we called everything gay/lame/retarded.  Everyone did this.  Girls, Guys, pets, skip its.

Everything was gay.  It had nothing to do with homosexuals.   You'd spill your icecream and go "fuck that's gay", or we'd call our friends fags.

In recent times, people have been flipping the hell out about it.  Most of the time, in my experience, it's not even gay people being upset.   I've had gay people back me up on it, too.

Gay used to mean happy, fag used to be cigarettes or piles of sticks or something.   Shit changes.  Save the triggertimes for when it's actually some hate driven discrimination crap. 

Lame/Gay/Retard are basically the 90s way of saying "that isn't good."

Granted, retard is short for mentally retarded, and you're calling someone fucking slow, but whatever.

Fuck it allllllllllll

SignOfZeta

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/09/2017, 10:07 AMLame has more than one long standing definition, including its use to describe something that's weak/inadequate/unsatisfactory.  Saying something like "that's a lame excuse" is not an insult to the physically handicapped.
Well, first off, people are insulted by whatever insults them, it often makes zero sense, therefore you don't get to say. If you're in a wheelchair and "lame" doesn't bother you then that would be the only claim you could really make.

The physically handicapped are lame. That's what lame means. If you use "lame" as an insult a value judgment is implied. Lame is bad. This game is bad. This game is lame. Oh shit, this person is lame, I'm an asshole, shit. Guess what, we had this same fucking conversion here on this forum 12 years ago about "gay" and "jap", it's the same thing. I know you don't think it is, it's OK, you're just wrong again. "Gyp", it turns out, has yet to see its day. I was wrong about that, but I believe it just hasn't happened yet for Romani. They just need a big movie or a poster boy and that term will die as well.

You can't escape it. Believe me. I've been thinking about this for years. The English language/culture simply lacks insults that don't have to do with some kind of weakness or filthiness. They don't exist yet, not many anyway. We're working on it but like I said, selfishness is the last thing where it's more or less agreed jointly that it's OK to bring that up. This is related to the rise of white rights and whatever since for some time selfishness has been enshrined as a virtue and now those that revel in it feel betrayed. Nobody will make fun of people with glasses, in wheelchairs, fat, stupid, gay, ugly, mentally ill, poor...religion is right out, race doubly so, even moronic beards and clothing are off limits unless the person is seen as a celebrity and therefore open to it. Really, think about it. There isn't anywhere from the elementary school playground to $200M movie where it's socially acceptable to shit on those people. Who's left? Pretty much the T word, and that's maybe going to be the first "selfishness pejorative" to take off. "Don't be such a T&*%#, tip the guy." "You've never had a job in your life, what do you know, ya wannabe T&*%#?". "He's a real T&*%#" and of course, "He T&*%#s all over the ladies." and "Dude, what time did you get home tonight? You look like T&*%#!
IMG