10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Using your Duo as a CD player

Started by HuMan, 09/16/2017, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuMan

Who here likes to play music CDs in their Duos?

I have to confess... I haven't yet.

I have used my Sega CD for music CDs though.

turboswimbz

Actually funny story,

I used my TG-16CD set up to play a classical music CD since I got rid of all my CD players, and drives with my new computer.  Haha,  I had no other way of listening to it other than the PCE and Feka consoles.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

My Turbo CD became my main CD player until the TurboDuo came out. The Duo remained my main player until the CDX was released, but I used both until the early launch of the Saturn. The Saturn remained my main CD player until I got rid of my receiver/speakers.

The Turbo/PCE system card player is still great and the North American cards have a lot of features. If you try out the 1.0 and 2.X revisions in order, you can see the evolution of what Turbo gamers simply took for granted
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dicer

Loved playing my few CD+G on my Turbo/Duo

Good shit, sadly limited to Hendrix and Information Society but still fun stuff.

SignOfZeta

I've always had a better player, but sure, of course I've done it on occasion.
IMG

Gypsy

Maybe a couple times.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/16/2017, 05:27 PMI've always had a better player
My standalone player is old. I've slowly been upgrading av hardware lately, not sure where CD player falls in the pecking order though as I'm generally happy with the player I have. Got some nice Klipsch speakers that arrived today. I'd like to get a better amp some time soon-ish.

esteban

YES, but I use SuperCD and/or PCE IFU briefcase.

HISTORY:
Early 90's: I played CDs every day on TG-CD (since it was attached to receiver in living room). The only other CD player in the entire house was in my room.

Early 90's: Before I got a portable CD player, I used TG-CD with headphones at kitchen table to do my homework in high school.

2017: Currently, if I am at my desk, the best  way to listen to CD's via speakers+subwoofer is with whatever console is currently hooked up (SuperCD this month). I do have an old laptop with a CD drive near my desk, but that's for ripping mp3's or playing DVD's.

RELICS: I have a 5-CD carousel I rarely use in the family room. Minivan, too. Minivan CD player gets the most use, I think, since I'm always driving the damn thing.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

exodus

I've done it, but not recently - my PCE isn't hooked up to my good speakers, my HDTV is - so usually if I want to play CDs "for real" instead of just on my boombox, I put them in a PS3 hooked up to the TV.

That said, for a while I lent my friend my CDX - he used it as a discman, seriously! For like a year. I'm glad it still works :P

NoSexGex

Only when I have hot girls over
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2017, 01:48 AMOnly when I have hot girls over
hahahhahahahhha.

Absolutely.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MisterCrash

I used to use my TG-CD to play music CDs while I played HuCards. I also used it to play music CDs through the TV when I was doing work in the living room back in high school. Haven't done either in a while, though.

I did have fun with the Saturn as a CD player, as it offered speed up /slow down options.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

gilbert

Well, when I got the PCE Duo it was the only system I had and so yes, I did use it to play CDs.
I then got a trustworthy 1x CDROM drive for my PC, but I still use the Duo more for CD playing due to its accessibility.

ClodBusted

Quote from: NoSexGex on 09/17/2017, 01:48 AMOnly when I have hot girls over
Equals to "when hell freezes over".

NecroPhile

Other than looking at my few CD+G titles, I've not used my Duo for music CDs for years.  Back in the day, however, I used it quite often, as it was my sole CD player for about two years.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!