@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Wii Super Mario All Stars

Started by bob, 12/31/2017, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

ClodBusted

jperryss

It's literally the SNES ROM on a Wii disc. Garbage.

Gypsy

*rubs his Super Famicom Mario Collection cart gently*

seieienbu

Quote from: jperryss on 12/31/2017, 08:28 AMIt's literally the SNES ROM on a Wii disc. Garbage.
Was it at least a budget title?  That's kinda...weird...

You could just buy Mario All Stars on wiiware afterall for what, like $6?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bartre

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/31/2017, 05:53 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 12/31/2017, 08:28 AMIt's literally the SNES ROM on a Wii disc. Garbage.
Was it at least a budget title?  That's kinda...weird...

You could just buy Mario All Stars on wiiware afterall for what, like $6?
Nope.
Though the initial prints came with some small extras.
But then Nintendo collectards decided to do what they do and the game got stupid expensive.
So Nintendo rereleased it without the extras for the same price.
Did it hit the Nintendo selects?

seieienbu

Yeah, that's pretty terrible.  That's definitely one game I can be happy I have no interest in.  I'm perfectly satisfied with my SNES cart.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

GohanX

The worst part is that it runs in 480i instead of 240p so it looks worse than VC titles on a sdtv.

Gypsy

Quote from: GohanX on 12/31/2017, 08:05 PMThe worst part is that it runs in 480i instead of 240p so it looks worse than VC titles on a sdtv.
It's like they were trying to make it as bad as possible.

HuMan

To be fair, All-Stars has the best version of SMB2 and SMB3.

SignOfZeta

A "shitty" version of these games that's only this shitty is still a pretty great game. I agree they were lazy as hell though, of course. I only paid retail so I wasn't disappointed too much.

They did a much better job with the Kirby collection which spans mutiple platforms and has a museum of sorts in it. Totally different experience.
IMG

GohanX

Quote from: HuMan on 12/31/2017, 08:25 PMTo be fair, All-Stars has the best version of SMB2 and SMB3.
There's a rom hack that fixes some of the physics in the original game. I love it.

ClodBusted

...and the Oscar goes to:
Bob/Galam/Agent Orange/?, the guy with the most name changes on PCEFX.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/01/2018, 08:03 AM...and the Oscar goes to:
I can't even keep track of all this. SRSLY hurts my brain.

All I remember is this mantra that I repeat every morning before I say the rosary: "bob is a pcefxer you like, so don't forget--he **isn't** a newbie. I repeat, bob is NOT a newbie..."

Then I take another sip of coffee and thank Sweet Bebe Jesus I survived another day without spilling coffee on my TG-CD.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Holy shit, you guys have names!?
IMG

CrackTiger

There is a NES rom that does everything Super Mario Allstars does, but includes the proper games. It also includes Mario Bros.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2422/
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ClodBusted

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/01/2018, 09:13 AMHoly shit, you guys have names!?
"The Galam of Fighting Street pulsed like a large bullcock. Necromancer smiled at it, and placed his hand on its head: 'You are Bob now.'"

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 01/01/2018, 08:16 AM
Tis simple, Galam was the man.  he spent many an hour lording over PCEFX.  then one-day DoxPhile came round and corrupted Galam and made him a little less evil so he changed to Agent Orange.  Increased pricing, noobs, and gauging further ate at Agent Orange's soul and soon he just became regular old bob.  but deep down Galam still lives, and we all eagerly await his return comrades.

Also seriously though that ROM hack is the BOMB!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/01/2018, 10:40 AM
Tis simple, Galam was the man.  he spent many an hour lording over PCEFX.  then one-day DoxPhile came round and corrupted Galam and made him a little less evil so he changed to Agent Orange.  Increased pricing, noobs, and gauging further ate at Agent Orange's soul and soon he just became regular old bob.  but deep down Galam still lives, and we all eagerly await his return comrades.

Also seriously though that ROM hack is the BOMB!
THIS IS THE ORIGIN STORY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Thank you, swimbz.

:)

Quote from: guest on 01/01/2018, 10:35 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/01/2018, 09:13 AMHoly shit, you guys have names!?
"The Galam of Fighting Street pulsed like a large bullcock. Necromancer smiled at it, and placed his hand on its head: 'You are Bob now.'"
THIS IS THE HOLLYWOOD (filmed in Canada) ADAPTION OF PCEFX HISTORY.

:)

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ClodBusted

You're welcome. It also was absolutely not inspired by the chapter "The handsome one" from "Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash." Seriously.

bob

ClodBusted