@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Replacement Screws for DUO

Started by narunetto, 06/27/2018, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narunetto

Hello, it seems someone lost all the screws in a console and I'm wondering where you can get new ones for it. Any help on this regard?

NightWolve

Ask/PM Keith Courage, he would have bags of them he could send ya. As a courtesy, all our modders replace the security style screws with Phillips since most owners won't have that 4.5mm security bit.

narunetto

Not sure which sizes I'd have to get to replace all the screws with phillips though.

SignOfZeta

You could steal them from a white Duo, I guess. I think the weird screws are only on black Duos.

These are dead standard as can be fasteners though. Every town in America has what you need. Don't video game nerds know about hardware stores? Just go in there, find someone who smells like tobacco and has a penis, and hand him one of the screws you have and tell him you want Phillips, square, Torx, whatever. The same dude can probably tell you how to stop your toilet from running too.
IMG

narunetto

As I said in my earlier post, the screws are missing completely, so I don't have any to compare them to. So I'd like to know the real sizes so I won't get the wrong ones

Ergot_Cholera

The screws for the Duo/R are torx 10, but they have a raised circular part in the middle.

Keith Courage

I wish I new the actual size.  I live to use typical size #4 wood screws from a hardware store when the holes for these get are stripped out. So I'd assume a size #3 would be the actual size since it's slightly smaller.

However, I have some extra PC engine duo screws that are the correct size. Just a different bit type. If you would like to get some from me just send me a PM.