10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Wii recommendations

Started by _Paul, 11/20/2006, 03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Not getting mine until Christmas (it's not even released over here until December 8th) but I'd like some opinions on the good, bad and ugly games so far.

Zelda is a must-get of course  :wink:

Seldane

Are there any other good games on the Wii? Doesn't look like it judging from the reviews.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

_Paul

Quote from: Seldane on 11/20/2006, 04:23 PMAre there any other good games on the Wii? Doesn't look like it judging from the reviews.
From what I see Monkey Ball is decent, Rayman is cool and I like the look of Trauma Center (as long as it's easier than the DS version). Of course the big guns are next year, like Metroid and Mario.

guyjin

I've only had the chance to play wii sports, red steel and Dragon ball Z, multiplayer. The former two are great; I wasn't impressed with DBZ, but I'm not a fan of fighting games, so take that with a saltshaker.

Joe Redifer

Get Super Monkey Ball. That's pretty good.  Excite Truck has less-than-Gamecube quality graphics (and fun).  Tony Hawk is awful.  Trauma Center is good if you liked the DS version, which I did not.  Rayman was surprisingly good, but is not in 480p.  Wii Sports is pretty fun, especially bowling (the only thing missing is cigarette smoke pouring out from the Wii to overwhelm you).  I watched a friend play Zelda and that looks insanely boring.  Then again I haven't liked Zelda since the glorious SNES version.

JoshTurboTrollX

I got Zelda and Trauma Center.  They both rock!  Wii sports will be more than enough to wet your whistle though.

More about Zelda:   This game rules right now- Holy Sh*t!!  Thats all I can say!  Quite amazing!

TurboSage
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

cavein2000

ya zelda is awesome so far, and Wii sports is great too!!  Definitely looking forward to super smash, mario galaxy etc.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Keranu

Well I'm not much help because the only Wii game I have played so far is Wii Sports, which is incredibly fun! Me and my bro have played Wii Sports for hours and it's exactly what I wanted from new games: simple, easy to pick up and play anytime, and absolutely fun! You'll be amazed as to how well the Wiimote works with everything.

Also not only will Wii Sports keep you busy, but the various Wii Channels are really interesting and fun to look at, even though there isn't very much.

Will buy more Wii games for Christmas presents.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

GUTS

I recommend you get a 360 instead.

grahf

I recommend you dont. Ive been having a blast playing Wii sports with a few friends all afternoon.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 11/21/2006, 12:49 AMI recommend you get a 360 instead.
I recommend you don't start flames on threads that are doing fine.

That said, can anyone tell me how Red Steel is? I don't like typical FPS games these days, but I am interested in trying Red Steel because the aiming controls look pretty interesting and the sword fights look fun.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Seldane on 11/20/2006, 04:23 PMAre there any other good games on the Wii? Doesn't look like it judging from the reviews.
Just curious, where did you find these reviews  :mrgreen: ? I can't find any reviews on the games anywhere, not even Wii Sports!
IMG

Seldane

Quote from: Keranu on 11/21/2006, 02:55 AMThat said, can anyone tell me how Red Steel is? I don't like typical FPS games these days, but I am interested in trying Red Steel because the aiming controls look pretty interesting and the sword fights look fun.
5.5 of 10 - mediocre. Has gotten similiar reviews everywhere except the sites that are endorsed by Nintendo.  :wink:

360?  :lol:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

esteban

Quote from: GUTS on 11/21/2006, 12:49 AMI recommend you get a 360 instead.
Hahahahhahahaa.

Seriously, though, I recommend you guys get a Xavix instead*. Afterall, the Wii stole nearly all of its "innovation" from the Xavix. Plus, Jackie Chan Studios has not graced teh Wii with a single title.

*This message brought to you by a proud owner of the Xavix Super System.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

td741

Quote from: Keranu on 11/21/2006, 02:55 AMThat said, can anyone tell me how Red Steel is? I don't like typical FPS games these days, but I am interested in trying Red Steel because the aiming controls look pretty interesting and the sword fights look fun.
I like Red Steel (granted I'm only in the first two chapters in)  I'm sore from playing Wii sports with my wife and I've got work I need to do before I can invest more time in it and other games. :P

I do have occasional problems with controls.  The point and shoot works okay, but I think there is too many reliance on motions that might confuse people a bit.  The sword fighting works fairly well though.

I do like how the game starts.  It reminded me of Halo in the fact that it more or less just threw you into a situation and eventually you were given hints and instructions on how to perform certain tasks.  It helps in making a game immersive. 

Personally, I also like the fact that I don't have to run around looking for health packs/shields, etc.  If you're able to hide for a little bit, your lifebar recharges.  On the flip side, the enemies also run for cover (when possible).

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the title.  Then again, I wasn't expecting anything too spectacular. :P

I've also played a little Zelda, but I haven't gotten very far...  The beginning is a bit dull, it's essentially a bunch of tutorials.  It would have been nice if it just threw you into a situation like Red Steel.  Granted, once the real gameplay starts, I'm sure that Zelda will surpass Red Steel. ;)

OldRover

Quote from: stevek666 on 11/21/2006, 09:43 AMSeriously, though, I recommend you guys get a Xavix instead*. Afterall, the Wii stole nearly all of its "innovation" from the Xavix. Plus, Jackie Chan Studios has not graced teh Wii with a single title.
The Xavix was little more than a prototype machine...the games play like crap and none of them were very interesting to begin with. It's possible that Nintendo got some ideas from the Xavix, but I doubt it...this isn't exactly the first time Nintendo's messed with these kinds of control schemes. U-Force, anyone? Or perhaps Mattel's Power Glove?

And btw: GUTS, take your fanboyism elsewhere. :P :lol: ](*,)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2006, 03:34 PM
Quote from: stevek666 on 11/21/2006, 09:43 AMSeriously, though, I recommend you guys get a Xavix instead*. Afterall, the Wii stole nearly all of its "innovation" from the Xavix. Plus, Jackie Chan Studios has not graced teh Wii with a single title.
The Xavix was little more than a prototype machine...the games play like crap and none of them were very interesting to begin with. It's possible that Nintendo got some ideas from the Xavix, but I doubt it...this isn't exactly the first time Nintendo's messed with these kinds of control schemes. U-Force, anyone? Or perhaps Mattel's Power Glove?

And btw: GUTS, take your fanboyism elsewhere. :P :lol: ](*,)
No, I'm not talking about peripherals like the Power Glove (or my favorite, the Activator for the Genesis!) which were "novel" means of controlling standard games. I'm talking about the revolutionary Xavix, whose entire raison d'etre was to provide folks with an experience that the Wii is only just now introducing to the masses.

Every game on the Xavix was developed around its own unique control scheme. There are no optional controllers or pads you can use. The Power Glove and Activator (etc. etc.) never had any software that was specifically and exclusively designed for it. For the NES, the only item that comes close to this was the Power Mat (since the control scheme and software were closely integrated and you had to use the mat to play the games designed for it). (It goes without saying that R.O.B. / Gyromite aren't germane to a discussion about Wii aping the Xavix).

Anyway, playing games on the Xavix can only be described as "pure bliss."

Instead of throwing my wiimote around, I use nifty props! I have hand weights! I have a mini bowling ball! Boxing gloves! A mini baseball bat! Mini raquets! A fishing pole! A golf club!

Come on, face it, nodtveidt: even the MARKETING of the Wii is a carbon-copy of that found for the Xavix*.

Nodtveidt, I hereby invite you (and your family) to join me for a Xavix marathon. We'll play every title I own. I'll even let you use the Jackie Chan Studio 1-pound handweights that came with my dance mat (or, to be more precise, my "J-Mat")! Normally, I never let anyone use these weights, because I don't want them to get sweaty! :)

*I'm actually not joking about the marketing. Look at any of the marketing for the Xavix and I bet you'll find it indistinguishable from the stuff Nintendo is doing. This, of course, shouldn't be surprising, since Nintendo stole the entire concept of the Xavix when creating the Wii!

OldRover

The thing is, I got to play with a Xavix and about 6 games for it awhile back...there was a baseball game, a bowling game, I think a boxing game as well...but they were all very stale, and the control scheme wasn't too good either (ie. very VERY unresponsive gameplay, made me want to never own one...had to keep switching "controllers" as well, which was aggravating). Whether or not the Wii rips off the Xavix isn't really relevant...some of the best ideas on the market today were borrowed from previous experiments with the same concept. If you wanted to get anal about the control scheme, then we can say that every console throughout the 80s ripped off video game machines from the 70s...ideas get reused when the concept works, and that's how it is.

EDIT: I wouldn't normally say this to you steve, but err...you're sounding like a Xavix fanboy with all of the "Nintendo stole the idea!" stuff...
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

GUTS

Well I was joking around about getting a 360, I don't give a flying fuck what system people buy, especially on a forum full of anti-microsoft drones.  But honestly has anyone been impressed by the Wii so far?  Talk about a huge disappointment, even Zelda is just more of the same old bullshit, hell Okami wipes the fucking FLOOR with Zelda in every way possible and that's on the PS2.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 11/21/2006, 07:49 PMWell I was joking around about getting a 360, I don't give a flying fuck what system people buy, especially on a forum full of anti-microsoft drones.  But honestly has anyone been impressed by the Wii so far?  Talk about a huge disappointment, even Zelda is just more of the same old bullshit, hell Okami wipes the fucking FLOOR with Zelda in every way possible and that's on the PS2.
Umm I have been more than impressed with the Wii and I have only played the frickin' pack in game :D ! The controls of the Wiimote came out even nicer than I imagined and the menus of the Wii are even a blast to control. Even though Wii Sports is the only game I have played for it, it's a great example that shows what the Wiimote is capable of and it's just a helluva lotta fun. I know you don't like pre-NES games, but for us gamers that do enjoy those games, I think they will love Wii Sports because it is incredibly easy to learn and play and is piles of fun.

My bro just rented Red Steel, gonna go try it now!
IMG

OldRover

I know a ton of people impressed by the Wii so far. No one's sold on the "antiquated" graphics but virtually everyone I know who has one has been glued to the screen, even with the pack-in, for hours on end. If that doesn't spell satisfaction, I don't know what does...don't judge a console by its graphics, Wii owners obviously aren't.

Furthermore...NO ONE I know has the new PS3, and down here, you can walk into most gaming stores and pick one or two up if you have that kind of cash. But a Wii? Impossible.

JoshTurboTrollX

Call me old fashioned- but at times I say WOW! when I see the grafx of NEO GEO and Sega Saturn games, so to me the Wii grafx look totally amazing.  I'm glad Nintendo went the route they did with the Wii in terms of grafx, theres plenty that the developers will be able to do with this powerful of a graphic processor!

Zelda The Twilight Princess looks better than most 360 games I've played BTW:  just so you know- once you put in about 10 hours of this game you start thinking about 'calling in sick' and avoiding other responsabilities just to play.

Me personally, its been a HELL of a long time since I felt this way about a video game.  Finally Video Games have evolved.....

TurboSage(my 2 cents)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

I've said this many times before about Wii's graphics, so I'll just say it again:

1. ) I don't care if Wii's graphics are going to be much or any better than Gamecube's because I think Gamecube has awesome graphics to begin with.

2. ) To me, X-Box 360 and PS3 games don't look any better than X-Box or Gamecube's graphics.

3. ) I'll take the awesome new gaming concept of the Wii over graphics :) .

Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2006, 07:58 PMFurthermore...NO ONE I know has the new PS3, and down here, you can walk into most gaming stores and pick one or two up if you have that kind of cash. But a Wii? Impossible.
Please tell me you bought a PS3 or two and sold them on eBay to make a fortune?  :mrgreen:

Just played very little of Red Steel. Can't say I am impressed with it, but that's mainly because I don't like modern FPS games. However I can say that the sword fighting is really cool and fun and that I think it's probably better than any other FPS these days just because it's a little easier to control. (I have using a mouse + keyboard and I hate using the two analog sticks even more) I'm hoping Metroid Prime 3 will be a lot better since it's actually made by Nintendo and not a company I don't really care for.
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: Keranu on 11/21/2006, 10:18 PMPlease tell me you bought a PS3 or two and sold them on eBay to make a fortune?  :mrgreen:
Hehe...if I had $1200 to invest, I sure as hell wouldn't invest it into two PS3 units...regardless of the profits I could make off of them. Scalping just ain't my thing...

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2006, 05:57 PMEDIT: I wouldn't normally say this to you steve, but err...you're sounding like a Xavix fanboy with all of the "Nintendo stole the idea!" stuff...
Nod, all of my posts about XaviX have been made with my tongue firmly in my cheek ;). Now, I really do believe that there are legitmate parallels between XaviX and Wii... but my posts were purposely outrageous!

Of course, I wasn't joking about inviting you over for a XaviX marathon. I would be honored if joined me :).

PCEngineHell

Quote from: stevek666 on 11/22/2006, 01:35 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2006, 05:57 PMEDIT: I wouldn't normally say this to you steve, but err...you're sounding like a Xavix fanboy with all of the "Nintendo stole the idea!" stuff...
Nod, all of my posts about XaviX have been made with my tongue firmly in my cheek ;). Now, I really do believe that there are legitmate parallels between XaviX and Wii... but my posts were purposely outrageous!

Of course, I wasn't joking about inviting you over for a XaviX marathon. I would be honored if joined me :).
For serious,I was totally convinced you thought it was a better gaming experience then anything else. You were starting to scare me. As for Gutts,your on here bitching about people on here hating Microsoft,but your also coming off as a extreme fanboy,like those defensive Sega Genesis kids that cried when Mortal Kombat 2 was released and was better on Snes.

Every system is going to have something to offer someone,and it just so happens that unless you have  a HD TV or a nice VGA monitor with  a cable for the 360,there isnt much point in owning one yet. With a lower end set up you dont really get to appreaciate what the 360 is supposed to offer,HD gaming.

Im iffy on the PS3,as I didnt like the PS2. I only see 2 games I want to play,and unless they release a VGA cable,I wont even think of buying one,because I have no plans to buy a HD TV. The Wii however is something I could get right now,be satisified with the composite or s-video function,and not worry too much. It requires little hassle to enjoy,and to me,what you get out of the box is worth the price.

Its pretty much designed for 640x480 res. Its also offering stuff I want,Gamecube capability,games my kids can play,and the potential to be hacked and allow normal roms to be played possibly without buying them. It is more of a family system. If I want to play on a hard core gaming system,Ill continue to play on my gaming pc,which mops the floor with the PS3 and 360 both.

PCEngineHell

And Gutts,I love Microsoft,because of them,my awesome gaming computer is running on XP X64 edition. Not Linux:P

Keranu

Quote from: stevek666 on 11/22/2006, 01:35 AMOf course, I wasn't joking about inviting you over for a XaviX marathon. I would be honored if joined me :).
Hey can I join? :)
IMG

Keranu

After playing more of Red Steel and getting to the controls more, I am enjoying the game a lot more. The controls take a bit to get used to, but after that it feels rather nice and works great for the FPS style. I also love the style of this game, it's kind of early 90's in a strange way. This game is also a lot more straight forward than other FPS', which is a plus side in my book.
IMG

Seldane

Hmmm, Xavix... was that some kind of toy/video game that only got released in North America? I've never heard of it before but I have heard of other strange "video game" systems directed at children.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 11/22/2006, 03:25 AM
Quote from: stevek666 on 11/22/2006, 01:35 AMOf course, I wasn't joking about inviting you over for a XaviX marathon. I would be honored if joined me :).
Hey can I join? :)
Dude, of course :). I know you'd love to use the running / dancing mat... since, at random times, and for no apparent reason, NINJAS ATTACK YOU. Granted, you are running an obstacle course through the streets of Hong Kong... but still...

esteban

Quote from: Seldane on 11/22/2006, 07:26 AMHmmm, Xavix... was that some kind of toy/video game that only got released in North America? I've never heard of it before but I have heard of other strange "video game" systems directed at children.
Xavix was marketed towards everyone -- just like Nintendo's doing with the Wii. And all of the marketing showed families playing sports games together (hmmm, where have I seen that recently?) and it reached out to non-gamers. In fact, I would go so far as to say non-gamers (or non-traditional gamers) was *the* crucial demographic Xavix was looking for. They have fitness/exercise games, for goodness sake!

A year ago I bought a Xavix for my wife... and we still enjoy playing the stupid thing (the boxing and fitness titles, mostly). I thought the silly dance pad was going to break in a month, but thankfully it is still working.

I honestly can't believe the company is still in business (especially in NA). I should look at the Japanese website and see if they released any new games that aren't available here in the states. Their release schedule is like.... uhhhhhh.... 1-2 titles per year!

GUTS

Dude if you really saw a couple PS3 systems sitting on the shelf you would have bought them, end of story.  There's no way in HELL you saw a couple systems just sitting there when they're getting $1000+ on ebay.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: GUTS on 11/22/2006, 04:44 PMDude if you really saw a couple PS3 systems sitting on the shelf you would have bought them, end of story.  There's no way in HELL you saw a couple systems just sitting there when they're getting $1000+ on ebay.
Well,considering it would take a investment upfront of 1200 + bucks to do,maybe hes more worried about making rent next week then proving a point to you.

cavein2000

why not just buy 1 system using a credit card if you have no cash, sell it on ebay via a BIN auction, require immediate payment via paypal only, and pay back you card - guaranteed 350+ bucks no?

cavein2000

Quote from: turbo_sage on 11/21/2006, 09:40 PMBTW:  just so you know- once you put in about 10 hours of this game you start thinking about 'calling in sick' and avoiding other responsabilities just to play.
That's awesome!  I've clocked in three and am loving it already.  I'm the wolf link right now, and a bit upset about those kids still having my sword.  WTF?

PCEngineHell

Keranu

Quote from: stevek666 on 11/22/2006, 01:32 PMDude, of course :). I know you'd love to use the running / dancing mat... since, at random times, and for no apparent reason, NINJAS ATTACK YOU. Granted, you are running an obstacle course through the streets of Hong Kong... but still...
Holy shite, that sounds rad to the max! The ninjas attacking you for no reason sounds so hilarious, I got to see that! :)
IMG

cavein2000

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/22/2006, 05:28 PMhttp://guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=4578

Dont update your wiis yet.
Ummm, that was the first thing I did.  I did get an error message on the first try but haven't experienced any problems with the system.  How would I check to see if my system is effected? 

Also, starting a Zelda thread since it seems to be pretty popular.   8)

OldRover

I went into Gamestop in Arecibo yesterday to see if they had either of the new consoles left, it was the only store in the area I hadn't visited yet. All the Wiis sold out the very first day...while five PS3 units were just sitting there, waiting to be bought. They had a few Xbox 360s as well but they've been getting regular stock of them and they sell them well so that wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

GUTS

Oh yeah my Gamestop here has 100 PS3 systems just sitting there all forlorn even though they're going for $1000+ on ebay, while there are still massive riots and looting going on and half my city is on fire from the Wii launch.

OldRover

People down here are not as fucking stupid as people in the USA. 'Nuff said.

GUTS

Yeah making money by selling PS3 systems on ebay is really fucking stupid and only something stupid Americans would do. What an awesome, intelligent rebuttal to getting called out on your blatant lie.  Let's insult an entire country because we're a fucking liar, awesome.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: GUTS on 11/23/2006, 08:34 PMYeah making money by selling PS3 systems on ebay is really fucking stupid and only something stupid Americans would do. What an awesome, intelligent rebuttal to getting called out on your blatant lie.  Let's insult an entire country because we're a fucking liar, awesome.
This isnt  a subject worth fighting over guys. The economy and demand is different in many areas.

Also,there was Ps3s available in certain areas of Arkansas too,and Wiis,in the smaller towns where people tend to not care so much about the stuff,like in Mountain Home ect ect.... people from bigger cities here ended up hitting these smaller towns to nab the systems up a day or 2 later. Not every place in the world is filled with complete idiots and overly obsessive rich fools who camp out for weeks in advance to play a system with 1-2 games.

Its getting so bad these days me and a friend have a running joke going about maybe going and acting like we are camping out at gamestop for Tekken 10 to see what the employees would say when they arrive and ask why we were there.

For serious,I dont understand why people do this for systems that obviously dont have any good launch games worth the price of admission. At least we knew the Wii would have great launch games. People always think they need stupid shit just because its in limited supply(faked limited supply) and they cant easily get one.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 11/23/2006, 08:34 PMYeah making money by selling PS3 systems on ebay is really fucking stupid and only something stupid Americans would do. What an awesome, intelligent rebuttal to getting called out on your blatant lie.  Let's insult an entire country because we're a fucking liar, awesome.
Yeah and wasting your time to ruin other's friendly, entertaining chats on message boards and calling people stupid is really smart and useful right? If you have no good to say, please avoid ruining other people's fun.  =D> Nodtveidt said he doesn't like to scalp, so the arguement is over. I understand where he is coming from and personally I don't give a whole lot about making money either, as you might already remember.

Has anyone played that Elebits game or whatever it's called? It looks pretty interesting.
IMG

OldRover

Virtually no one can afford even the basic PS3 here. $500 for a game console with no titles suited for a poverty-stricken Spanish-speaking island? Good luck...that's why there are so many available here. Only in the metro area did the PS3s sell well, the Gamestop in Plaza las Americas, the largest mall in the Carribean, was the only store on the island to sell out (mainly due to the high number of American tourists). Even the Xbox 360 struggled at first here but started picking up once more and more titles were available for it, right now it's doing rather well.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: OldRover on 11/23/2006, 11:35 PMVirtually no one can afford even the basic PS3 here. $500 for a game console with no titles suited for a poverty-stricken Spanish-speaking island? Good luck...that's why there are so many available here. Only in the metro area did the PS3s sell well, the Gamestop in Plaza las Americas, the largest mall in the Carribean, was the only store on the island to sell out (mainly due to the high number of American tourists). Even the Xbox 360 struggled at first here but started picking up once more and more titles were available for it, right now it's doing rather well.
Thats pretty much exactly what I figured.

cavein2000

Anyone rock monkey ball or rayman?  I'm not really a fan of either series, but am kind of interested in picking up a new game.  I'm thinking to just wait until smash brothers and mario galaxy come out.  No?

td741

Quote from: cavein2000 on 11/24/2006, 09:43 AMAnyone rock monkey ball or rayman?  I'm not really a fan of either series, but am kind of interested in picking up a new game.  I'm thinking to just wait until smash brothers and mario galaxy come out.  No?
Just got Rayman...  I picked it up on a recommendation of a game for my wife to play.  (She really likes Wii Sports, and tends to dislike games with more then 2 buttons to press and requires super-split second decisions.)  We gone through the first 2 complete "stages" (each stage has multiple mini-games.)  So far most of the mini-games are fun, and the Rabids can be hilarious.  Each mini-game has detailed instructions, although there are still some hit-or-miss segments where you need a couple of runs before you get some of the nuances.  Some of them are challenging, never the less.

Haven't gotten Monkey Ball yet...  I need to complete some of the other games first.

cavein2000

cool, thanks for the heads up man.  Sounds like a fun game from what I've seen/heard so far.  I'm thinking about just hanging out, maybe continue to add to my older games collection - might find some steals with everyone focused on the new systems.  Zelda and Wii sports seem to be the best games for me right now.