RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

List of Stores That Sell Turbo Games

Started by jlued686, 12/31/2006, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlued686

BigusSchmuck

Video Game Wizards in Portland Oregon has some stuff. Got my 2nd Duo there when I traded in my Japanese Saturn at the Retro Gaming Convention. My only complaint is that they included Keith Courage with it, but hey at least I got two more controllers and av and power supply with it too!

A_Locomotive

Quote from: guest on 10/29/2011, 03:21 PM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 10/29/2011, 12:51 AMHere is one you can add to your list. http://www.lunavideogames.com/ These guys have 2 stores in my city they usually have a selection of TurboGrafx and on occasion Duo games. They are a great store. When I first found my TG16 it had no controller, RF or power supply and not knowing at the time that generics of either would work I took it down to see if they would let me use some of their TG16 cables to test it. They did and let me play R-type for a while. :)
Last time I was in San Diego (this past July) I stopped by both of those shops to see what kind of TG goodness they had.  Both stores were selling the console (for $70, which isn't horrible, but it was more than I was willing to pay) and one had an Express, which they wanted $200 for (which I thought was pretty steep).  Both stores also had maybe a dozen common HuCards, and I think they wanted between $10-20 ea.  I didn't get any Turbob goodness from them, but did pick up a handful of Genesis carts for $3 ea.  Good bunch of guys - they know their retro.
The downside to them knowing their stuff is they price accordingly and you'll never find crazy hidden gems like will occasionally happen at swap meets or play n trade. Though they are still almost always priced fairly and usually cheaper then ebay. They've been really cool to me when I've bought and traded from them. Once when I was there I was short 3 bucks + tax and they said what I had was enough and gave it to me. :D And they have stretched the value of my trade-in's on more then one occasion if the item I wanted to trade for was pretty close in price(such as some Lynx games for my old GBC). They've also got a great return policy so in the event a dud game slips through them they will take it back with no hassle. There is only one other retro gaming store aside from the two Luna locations that I'm aware of in my town. The guy who runs it is a loony and prices his shit like its made of gold, want a copy of Finally Fantasy 7 black label? $100. Boxed Sega Genesis III in pretty shitty condition? $300. Loose copy of Secret of Mana w/ peeling label and writing on cart? $90. Earthbound? Don't bother asking.  ](*,) lol Here is his store, check out the reviews, I'd be willing to be all the positive reviews are from friends and relatives or people oblivious to what things are worth.  :lol:

A_Locomotive

BigT

I should check out this Luna Video Games place... though, I've usually been disappointed in local game stores that deal with retro systems...

A_Locomotive

Quote from: BigT on 11/01/2011, 04:35 AMI should check out this Luna Video Games place... though, I've usually been disappointed in local game stores that deal with retro systems...
How come you've been disappointed? You an SD local too then I take it? :P

VenomMacbeth

QuoteSouth Carolina
Columbia: Software Seconds - 4508 Saint Andrews Rd #3
Is this place still open?  If so, what kind of retro game selection do they have?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

kiketonto

If anyone's interested...here in SPAIN there is a shop still selling Turbografx system (PAL only). I supose no one's interested but...I don't open the thread  :dance:

Here you got it: www.emere.es

NecroPhile

Quote from: kiketonto on 02/09/2012, 06:25 AMIf anyone's interested...here in SPAIN there is a shop still selling Turbografx system (PAL only). I supose no one's interested but...I don't open the thread  :dance:

Here you got it: www.emere.es
Not too bad on some of the prices ($13 for brand new taps and pads).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kiketonto

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2012, 10:25 AMNot too bad on some of the prices ($13 for brand new taps and pads).
shipping price it's not included ( 5€ er...7$ maybe? ), but it's the only shop here (there I know) selling TG stuff

jlued686

cyberfluxor

To append a few Virginia stores:

Virginia Beach:
Cool Stuff
Address: 4239 Holland Road
Phone: 495-2665

Replays - General Booth
Address: 2093 General Booth Boulevard
Phone: 427-9001

Replays - Kempsville
Address: 1830 Kempsville Road # 103
Phone: 965-7529

Chesapeake:
Video Game Heaven
Address: 681 North Battlefield Boulevard
Phone: 547-7577

The above stores usually have a few Turbo related items: controllers, games, or systems. These are the local shops I most frequently find accessories or games.
Freeplay 2: Classic & Modern Gaming convention at the Chesapeake Central Library in Chesapeake, Virginia on Saturday, March 31st
[Website] [Gallary] [Games List]

jlued686

glazball

Hi folks.  I'm in Austin and haven't seen GameFellas listed.  There is a popular game store (Game Over) who seem to get a lot of attention, but GameFellas have been around much longer.  They also buy/sell DVDs and BDs so their stores are often merged with MovieFellas.  There are 3 or 4 around the Austin area and do carry Turbo stuff, but not much.  They've got all the other old consoles too, but seem to make most of their money on used 360/PS3/Wii stuff.

GameFellas
http://www.gamefellasentertainment.com/

Their website doesn't have much.  I recently went to the one up by Lakeline Mall and found World Sports Competition for $30.  After trading in a few extras I had lying around, I ended up paying about $22 for it.  Not too bad!  I've been keeping my eye on eBay for that one and it just isn't around really, not for less than $120.  (The gameplay is definitely NOT worth $120).  They also have lots of KCs as well as sports titles that I'm sure they'll sell for cheap for anyone needing cases.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

jlued686

futureman2000

Disc Replay in Flint, MI had some Turbo games in early March. Not sure what they were though, as I had my hands full of other stuff. Their prices on Genesis games were very reasonable, so there's a chance that the Turbo games are reasonable as well.

http://www.discreplay.com/locations.html
3192G S. Linden Rd.
Flint, MI 48507 [map]
Phone: 810.732.5899
[Oak Brook Square, between
Buffalo Wild Wings & TJ Maxx]

jlued686

Quote from: futureman2000 on 04/02/2012, 08:23 AMDisc Replay in Flint, MI had some Turbo games in early March. Not sure what they were though, as I had my hands full of other stuff. Their prices on Genesis games were very reasonable, so there's a chance that the Turbo games are reasonable as well.

http://www.discreplay.com/locations.html
3192G S. Linden Rd.
Flint, MI 48507 [map]
Phone: 810.732.5899
[Oak Brook Square, between
Buffalo Wild Wings & TJ Maxx]
Added.

suikoman444

In Columbus there's a few places that sell TurboGrafx stuff, though they're not common finds around here.
Their prices have always been pretty fair, a friend of mine has gotten a TurboDuo for $70 last year from the first one listed:

Play It! Trade It! (3 Locations that I know of)
4316 N High St
Columbus, OH 43214

1202 East Powell Road
Lewis Center, OH 43035

3237 Hilliard Rome Road
Hilliard, OH 43026

Super Game Team
1724 Northwest Blvd
Columbus, OH 43212
http://www.supergameteam.com/

jlued686

Added.

Anyone know of good game stores in the New Orleans area? I'm going there in a few weeks.

geise

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 09:02 PM
QuoteSouth Carolina
Columbia: Software Seconds - 4508 Saint Andrews Rd #3
Is this place still open?  If so, what kind of retro game selection do they have?
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2474.45
Please check my post at the bottom of the page.  Yes they are still there.  If by classic games you mean before 8 and 16 bit stuff, they have had quite a few 2600 in the past.  Not to sure about now.  The do however have a decent amount of the 16-bit stuff.  Their pc-engine section has dwindled since last time i visited.  Henry probably bought it all up hehe.

CrackTiger

Games Deals in New Westminster, BC has a worn/dirty TG-16 for $85 and a few HuCards, including Air Zonk loose for $80, Bonk's Big Adventure loose for $140 and Keith Courage loose for $15. Their slogan is "cheap games!".

If you're interested in trading in games, they give 25% of the cheapest sold prices on eBay. Less for cash.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

henrycsc

This is the ebay link for Software Seconds in Columbia, SC  (seller Anime Camp)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/animecamp/m.html?hash=item199e1bbc0e&item=110026800142&pt=Video_Games_Games&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Pretty much the same inventory.  Unfortunately, games don't come with cases if you buy from ebay...  The CD Games have cases in the store (but not the hucards)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Nando

http://www.player1videogames.com/

I contacted Michael there and he sent me these pics of what they have in stock.

IMG
IMG

jlued686

Added.

That's the most Turbo games I've seen in a store in a long time!

mrhaboobi

Id be keen on getting the Chew Man Fu there if it was a decent price :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Nando

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 04/18/2012, 07:33 PMId be keen on getting the Chew Man Fu there if it was a decent price :)
First time I emailed them, they replied quick. I did ask for a price on the sidearms but I haven't receive anything yet. Maybe all youz guyz flooded their store already ;)

mrhaboobi

:)  Not me.. ive got no hope of them selling me anything being halfway around the world :)  hard enough buying items from ebay let alot private stores
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

farankoshan

That's a pretty well-stocked TG-16 selection. Never entered a retrogame store and ever saw that many.

Where was this shot taken?
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

Nando

Quote from: farankoshan on 04/23/2012, 02:00 AMThat's a pretty well-stocked TG-16 selection. Never entered a retrogame store and ever saw that many.

Where was this shot taken?
http://www.player1videogames.com/ in Houston. One of the guys that works them sent me some pics after I asked if they had any turbo stuff.

Oddly enough, I asked for the SideArms copy but I never heard back from them.

whitetrashshayno

Game play in long beach california sells turbo games. A very very very limited supply but they sell em. got a pc engine controller there for 5 bucks as well.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2012, 02:20 PMGames Deals in New Westminster, BC has a worn/dirty TG-16 for $85 and a few HuCards, including Air Zonk loose for $80, Bonk's Big Adventure loose for $140 and Keith Courage loose for $15. Their slogan is "cheap games!".

If you're interested in trading in games, they give 25% of the cheapest sold prices on eBay. Less for cash.
Heh, there's a YouTube guy who always talks about that place. Doesn't sound as awesome from your description as he makes it out to be.
--DragonmasterDan

jlued686

Game Play in Long Beach has been added.

henrycsc

Software Seconds in Columbia, SC has moved.  I will get the new address when I head to the new place.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Vectorman0

In case you want to update the listing, Next Level Video Games (in New Jersey) has their Facebook page as their website (http://facebook.com/NLvideogames/)

Retro Games Plus in Westport, Connecticut is a newer store which has a handful of Turbografx games in stock. (for full disclosure: I work there)

420GOAT

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2012, 10:40 PMGame Play in Long Beach has been added.
I CALLED AND THEY ONLY HAVE A HANDFULL AT THIS TIME.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

jlued686

Quote from: Vectorman0 on 05/24/2012, 12:57 PMIn case you want to update the listing, Next Level Video Games (in New Jersey) has their Facebook page as their website (http://facebook.com/NLvideogames/)

Retro Games Plus in Westport, Connecticut is a newer store which has a handful of Turbografx games in stock. (for full disclosure: I work there)
Added.

Quote from: 420GOAT on 05/24/2012, 03:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/07/2012, 10:40 PMGame Play in Long Beach has been added.
I CALLED AND THEY ONLY HAVE A HANDFULL AT THIS TIME.
OKAY THANKS FOR THE INFO.

NecroPhile

Quote from: 420GOAT on 05/24/2012, 03:19 PMI CALLED AND THEY ONLY HAVE A HANDFULL AT THIS TIME.
/capslockql2.jpg

I'll never tire of that one.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Rhode island has Time Capsule in Cranston and Toy Vault in Warwick
There is a flea market in Cumberland where the retro booth gets turbo games once in a while

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 06/05/2012, 06:32 PMRhode island has Time Capsule in Cranston and Toy Vault in Warwick
There is a flea market in Cumberland where the retro booth gets turbo games once in a while
Good to know!  I'll be in RI in about a month, so now I've got a few destinations to explore.  Thanks!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: cyberfluxor on 03/11/2012, 02:54 PMTo append a few Virginia stores:

Virginia Beach:
Cool Stuff
Address: 4239 Holland Road
Phone: 495-2665

Replays - General Booth
Address: 2093 General Booth Boulevard
Phone: 427-9001

Replays - Kempsville
Address: 1830 Kempsville Road # 103
Phone: 965-7529

Chesapeake:
Video Game Heaven
Address: 681 North Battlefield Boulevard
Phone: 547-7577

The above stores usually have a few Turbo related items: controllers, games, or systems. These are the local shops I most frequently find accessories or games.
No kidding I hit up those shops all the time

BaldGuyVideoGames

I would like to self promote since I am in the process of opening a real storefront and not being internet only.  I have the space and am renovating it starting this week and should be up and running by next week sometime.  I have sold tg16 games on here so you know I sell them and I still have a lot left over so I will have stock and also will happily sell them in the future as I acquire them.

Bald Guy Video Games
8700 SW 26th Ave
Suite J-2
Portland, OR 97219
If you are interested in more than tg16, check out my store at baldguyvideogames.com  I will change this signature if I post tg16 items to my store.

Bernie

bald guy..  you still have some left??  hang tight, lemme go lookie..

Nando

Quote from: baldguyvideogames on 06/21/2012, 01:04 PMI would like to self promote since I am in the process of opening a real storefront and not being internet only.  I have the space and am renovating it starting this week and should be up and running by next week sometime.  I have sold tg16 games on here so you know I sell them and I still have a lot left over so I will have stock and also will happily sell them in the future as I acquire them.

Bald Guy Video Games
8700 SW 26th Ave
Suite J-2
Portland, OR 97219
How about some PCE love too?  ;)

BaldGuyVideoGames

If I get any into the store those will be for sale too.  Nothing against PCE, just don't have any at the moment.  :)
Quote from: Nando on 06/21/2012, 02:01 PM
Quote from: baldguyvideogames on 06/21/2012, 01:04 PMI would like to self promote since I am in the process of opening a real storefront and not being internet only.  I have the space and am renovating it starting this week and should be up and running by next week sometime.  I have sold tg16 games on here so you know I sell them and I still have a lot left over so I will have stock and also will happily sell them in the future as I acquire them.

Bald Guy Video Games
8700 SW 26th Ave
Suite J-2
Portland, OR 97219
How about some PCE love too?  ;)
If you are interested in more than tg16, check out my store at baldguyvideogames.com  I will change this signature if I post tg16 items to my store.

jlued686

BaldGuyVideoGames

Thanks jlued686!  The only thing I want to add since I noticed other listings had them now, is my website which is http://www.baldguyvideogames.com

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2012, 05:05 PMAdded!

Nando

Quote from: baldguyvideogames on 06/21/2012, 03:30 PMNothing against PCE, just don't have any at the moment.  :)
awesome key word! ;)

jlued686

Quote from: baldguyvideogames on 06/21/2012, 07:32 PMThanks jlued686!  The only thing I want to add since I noticed other listings had them now, is my website which is http://www.baldguyvideogames.com

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2012, 05:05 PMAdded!
DONE!

Bardoly

These used video games stores carry TurboGrafx-16 merchandise in Northwest Indiana.

Video Palace
1811 East 37th Avenue
Hobart, IN 46342
(219) 942-4500

Disk Replay
10327 South Indianapolis Boulevard
Highland, IN 46322
(219) 924-8910

Disk Replay
1858 E. 80th Avenue
Merrillville, IN 46410
(219) 736-5205

Disk Replay
5916 Grape Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545
(574) 273-5800

I have personally shopped at each of these locations and have either purchased or have seen TurboGrafx-16 merchandise.

jlued686