10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Frederal Agents Go Afther Gaming Pirates

Started by TR0N, 08/05/2007, 12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

While i don't "suport useing modchips for playing burns i do, like how they let you play imports.

Discuss yall.

http://www.physorg.com/news105194834.html
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

I had a feeling that they would go after the chip makers, but it is a little late for that, haha. Nowadays consoles are modded using custom firmware. Too bad for the feds, they're always a day late and a buck short. They can try to stop pirates but they can't stop their success  :twisted:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

2X4

Good to see that government agencies are spending time and resources to "protect" us (large companies).
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Kitsunexus

Who cares, I don't play new games anyway.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Hobo Xiphas

It is nice to know that the Department of Homeland Security is on the ball on this issue

TR0N

Quote from: Derek Lee Missed His School Bus on 08/05/2007, 05:04 PMIt is nice to know that the Department of Homeland Security is on the ball on this issue
:lol: Yeah modchips suport terror networks  :P

Sigh just another waste of tax payers money....
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

I remember when the news was saying that terrorists were using ps2 consoles to control weapons or something  :lol: You guys remember that?
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: turbo D on 08/06/2007, 01:53 AMI remember when the news was saying that terrorists were using ps2 consoles to control weapons or something  :lol: You guys remember that?
Yes, thats right. Apparently they have discovered if you use the Emotion Engine from the PS2 with a Metal Gear Solid disc, you can launch a nuclear missile at any location in the world.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: turbo D on 08/06/2007, 01:53 AMI remember when the news was saying that terrorists were using ps2 consoles to control weapons or something  :lol: You guys remember that?
If I remember correctly, one of the reports at the time also mentioned Iraq/Saddam Hussein. The genius story said most people don't realize that the PS2 is so sophisticated that it's almost like a real computer and as such could possibly be used to launch nuclear missiles.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

A freakin' Game and Watch could be used to launch nuclear missiles.  Launching the missiles does not require super-jagged polygon rendering power.

lbblue

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/07/2007, 06:58 PMA freakin' Game and Watch could be used to launch nuclear missiles.  Launching the missiles does not require super-jagged polygon rendering power.
How could you know this, unless....?*gasp*  :shock:

Turbo D

even a double screen zelda game and watch?
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

The double screen Zelda Game and Watch could launch a nuke and AT THE SAME TIME run your sprinklers.

Kitsunexus

The above is sarcasm, but since you could launch a nuke with one pulse, and turn on sprinklers with another, this is theoretically possible, since even the most basic processor should be able to send to pulses out at once.

Joe Redifer

The Sega CD can't.  If it is sending the data to the Genesis telling it to launch the nuke, it has to wait until the Genesis has the data before it can process the instruction to turn on the sprinklers.  You do NOT want the Sega CD in charge of national defense and the white house lawn.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/08/2007, 03:59 AMThe Sega CD can't.  If it is sending the data to the Genesis telling it to launch the nuke, it has to wait until the Genesis has the data before it can process the instruction to turn on the sprinklers.  You do NOT want the Sega CD in charge of national defense and the white house lawn.
If I am not mistaken, the internal auditors at command central (in Iraq) have been using an application built around the SegaCD to track the allocation of supplies and weapons. Perhaps they should have built their logistics program around the venerable 32X platform...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

The 32X really is a powerful machine.  Not only can it launch a nuke and water your lawn, but it can also control your heating/AC and open your garage door... ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Kitsunexus

Pshh.. so can the Colecovision.

And also, you don't need the 32x, a stock Genesis will do. They don't call it "Blast Processing" for nothing...

esteban

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 08/08/2007, 09:56 PMPshh.. so can the Colecovision.

And also, you don't need the 32x, a stock Genesis will do. They don't call it "Blast Processing" for nothing...
The U.S. Army is not going to settle for a stock Genesis. Only 32X will do. Period.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG