Creepy Old Lady Selling Bonks Adventure

Started by TR0N, 10/06/2007, 05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

QuoteHappy slightly belated birthday, ceti alpha.  Did you go out, get hammered, and pick up some sluts?
Hey Necro. Thanks for the Necrobday wish. hehe I did not unfortunately.  :( However, a girl I know wants me to go out with her to see a band play tonight and have some drinks.  :wink:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/24/2008, 04:18 PMHowever, a girl I know wants me to go out with her to see a band play tonight and have some drinks.  :wink:
Have some laughs and don't do anything that I would do.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2008, 04:50 PMHave some laughs and don't do anything that I would do.
That doesn't exactly leave him too many options. :D

Happy belated birthday, ceti alpha.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2008, 03:08 PMActually I think most of us here are late 20's early 30's.  We only have a few members younger than that I think, like Keranu who will forever remain 19.  :)
Dude I first started posting here when I was like 14 or 15 under the name Luta Gemma! Good times! By the way, I turned 20 last month - THANK GOD I'M NO LONGER A TEENAGER! Though the 20's are going to suck too, can't wait until I'm 40.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

once you turn 21 your life becomes 100 times better!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

I turned 30 last Oct. Not much changes,except maybe you feel more aches and pains,and grumpier,and more picky in your buying habits.You also gain the knowledge of a 30 year old,unless you have downs syndrome or some other equally impairing brain problem...

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: turbo D on 01/25/2008, 02:16 AMonce you turn 21 your life becomes 100 times better!
Yes, because alchohol is the cause of, & solution to all of life's problems!  

Seriously though, I think Keranu doesn't drink, I could be wrong.  Personally, I drink in moderation.  Not 100% sure I've been drunk.  I've drunk alot, & then felt like crap, that's about it.

Keranu, you don't want to be 40.  Our bodies, start going downhill around 30, & I agree with that, it's true. :P
IMG

Joe Redifer

They only go downhill if you let 'em.

Keranu

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/25/2008, 02:32 AMSeriously though, I think Keranu doesn't drink, I could be wrong.  Personally, I drink in moderation.  Not 100% sure I've been drunk.  I've drunk alot, & then felt like crap, that's about it.
I don't drink anymore. I did it when I was a stupid teenager for a year and then stopped for myself (long run of alcoholics in the family), my new faith, and most especially, my mom, who's had to suffer so much from helping alcoholics.

Quote from: Paranoia DragonKeranu, you don't want to be 40.  Our bodies, start going downhill around 30, & I agree with that, it's true. :P
Going downhills is so much more fun than uphills!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 01/25/2008, 02:01 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2008, 03:08 PMActually I think most of us here are late 20's early 30's.  We only have a few members younger than that I think, like Keranu who will forever remain 19.  :)
Dude I first started posting here when I was like 14 or 15 under the name Luta Gemma! Good times! By the way, I turned 20 last month - THANK GOD I'M NO LONGER A TEENAGER! Though the 20's are going to suck too, can't wait until I'm 40.
I turn 21 this year/  :dance:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

ParanoiaDragon

I've always been amazed(if that's the correct word) on how most humans make a big deal about drinking.  I don't recall caring about being 21.  I drink to relax sometimes, but, I usually don't care to drink, like when I go out to dinner, even then, I rarely drink.  It seems like the only real time I do, is when I'm up in the mountains, fishing, & freezing me bum off, that I'll have some hard stuff, to make me feel like I'm getting warmer, rather then colder.

Anways, not trying to be critical, just, stating my thoughts.
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: Keranu on 01/25/2008, 03:09 AMI don't drink anymore. I did it when I was a stupid teenager for a year and then stopped for myself (long run of alcoholics in the family), my new faith, and most especially, my mom, who's had to suffer so much from helping alcoholics.
You don't need religion to tell you not to drink, just common sense.

OldRover

A short, violent trip through a windshield was enough to convince me never to drink.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nat

Quote from: turbo D on 01/25/2008, 02:16 AMonce you turn 21 Once you imbibe alcohol your life becomes 100 times better!

Ceti Alpha

I drink to forget I'm a Turbo addict. And now that my Turbo Duo is getting modded and no longer in my house watch out!!
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/25/2008, 07:37 AMI don't recall caring about being 21.
I don't drink, I don't plan on having sex soon, so pretty much I don't think I'll care about being 21 either.

Turbo D

Having a few drinks makes getting laid a whole lot easier. Not that either of those are that important, haha. I'd say live your life how you want. Being 21 is great for the fact that you become free of restrictions. Trust me dude, whether you drink or not, its a great feeling.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Odonadon

Drop a beer or two on an empty stomach for some great Gate of Thunder action :) .  That, and those fancy "medically rolled game enhancing cigarettes" - I forget who's sig that was in, I was trying to quote them. :)

OD

MurderDate

I just did somethin' like that except used cafffeeine (coffee) instead of the alchohol.  played Gate of Thunder for the very  first time and nearly had a heart attack when the game speeds up at the end of level one !!  AWESOME !!!!!!!!     :mrgreen:

Sinisi you gotta get a big TV !
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 01/25/2008, 08:28 AM
Quote from: Keranu on 01/25/2008, 03:09 AMI don't drink anymore. I did it when I was a stupid teenager for a year and then stopped for myself (long run of alcoholics in the family), my new faith, and most especially, my mom, who's had to suffer so much from helping alcoholics.
You don't need religion to tell you not to drink, just common sense.
I listed numerous reasons besides religion and whether you like it or not, guyjin, religion DID do a big part in helping me stop. Enough religion bashing already.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Odonadon on 01/25/2008, 03:36 PMDrop a beer or two on an empty stomach for some great Gate of Thunder action :) .  That, and those fancy "medically rolled game enhancing cigarettes" - I forget who's sig that was in, I was trying to quote them. :)

OD
LOOK ABOVE YOU!  :lol:

Joe Redifer

Quote from: OldRoverA short, violent trip through a windshield was enough to convince me never to drink.
Ouch.  That'd do it!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 01/25/2008, 08:32 AMA short, violent trip through a windshield was enough to convince me never to drink.
Yikes!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: OldRover on 01/25/2008, 08:32 AMA short, violent trip through a windshield was enough to convince me never to drink.
Reminds me of this paramedic's blog entry:

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/008845.html#008845

OldRover

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/26/2008, 12:49 AMReminds me of this paramedic's blog entry:

Sounds about right most of the time. I was lucky (head lacerations, minor brain and neck damage which resulted in lacunar amnesia) but the driver of our car wasn't so lucky...year-and-a-half coma. He's dead now, his parents pulled the plug. The driver of the car who ran into us was drunk off of his ass...0.18 BAC. We were sober, but not wearing seatbelts. Needless to say, not only do I wear a seatbelt now, but I avoid alcohol like the plague it is.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: OldRover on 01/26/2008, 01:08 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/26/2008, 12:49 AMReminds me of this paramedic's blog entry:

Sounds about right most of the time. I was lucky (head lacerations, minor brain and neck damage which resulted in lacunar amnesia) but the driver of our car wasn't so lucky...year-and-a-half coma. He's dead now, his parents pulled the plug. The driver of the car who ran into us was drunk off of his ass...0.18 BAC. We were sober, but not wearing seatbelts. Needless to say, not only do I wear a seatbelt now, but I avoid alcohol like the plague it is.
Damn man, that's a smart decision, and I'm sorry about you and your friend. :(

Joe Redifer

Rover, how long ago did this all happen?

TR0N

Me thinks kenaru unlock the thread....grumble,grumble.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

Joe Redifer

Ah, OK, that's what happened.  I don't know why he locked it, as there certainly wasn't any reason to.

TR0N

IMG

WoodyXP

It was unlocked so we can hear details on how you all are gonna run train on this Turbo Hag that sells Bonk.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

OldRover

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/26/2008, 04:01 AMRover, how long ago did this all happen?
Just over 14 years ago. New Years Eve, 1993.

By the way, I won a second item from Linda on ebay. :D

nat

Maybe if you ask real nice she'll throw some of her panties in with your games.

Odonadon

The locking of the topic was probably one of these reminders:

stay_on_topic.jpg
stay_on_topic.jpg

OD

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

Since when do threads here ever stay on topic?

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Odonadon on 01/26/2008, 04:06 PMThe locking of the topic was probably one of these reminders:
stay_on_topic.jpg
stay_on_topic.jpg
OD
Awesome, I love it!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Do you guys know how many components are in a hydrogen fuel cell?  :-s

TR0N

Quote from: Odonadon on 01/26/2008, 04:06 PMThe locking of the topic was probably one of these reminders:
stay_on_topic.jpg
stay_on_topic.jpg
OD
I don't think it ever will  #-o This is a mad house i tell you a mad house  8-[

I'm...just woundering what does drinking how to do with the creepy old bonk lady.

If any body has some more auctions by her link it  :wink:

Damn i sure did open a can of worms with this thread.
IMG

Turbo D

After many drinks, she'll start looking good, lmao.
IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

I hear they recently used her as one of the motion actors for a 3-D model in a new PSP game:
IMG
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 01/26/2008, 05:15 AMwhy did you lock it?
I didn't lock it, or at least I wasn't aware I did. I didn't know the thread was locked until Joe PMed me about it, so I quickly unlocked it afterwards.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keranu on 01/27/2008, 03:38 AMI didn't lock it, or at least I wasn't aware I did. I didn't know the thread was locked until Joe PMed me about it, so I quickly unlocked it afterwards.
Exactly.  Why would you reopen a thread that the thread originator had decided to lock?

GUTS

Because keranu knows that locked threads are for cowards, real heroes burn through at least 10 different topics before a good thread dies off.

OldTurboBastard

That'll do it. For me it was the tendency to move on to other, more evil and expensive vices after a few drinks.

Video games are a better and cheaper way to go....
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Kitsunexus

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2008, 02:27 PMVideo games are a better and cheaper way to go....
I can believe better, but cheaper!?  [-(

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/28/2008, 02:32 PM
Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2008, 02:27 PMVideo games are a better and cheaper way to go....
I can believe better, but cheaper!?  [-(
For me, yes. Without getting into too much detail, i could easily spend $1000 in a night on "that other stuff". Plus with games, you tend to at least think before you spend. But I understand what you are saying the games can get expensive too.....
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

NecroPhile

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2008, 02:49 PMFor me, yes. Without getting into too much detail, i could easily spend $1000 in a night on "that other stuff".
Zoinks!  :shock:

OldRover

My US TG16 collection has thus far cost me close to $1000 so I can understand why one might say gaming is more expensive. :D And I haven't really even hit the high-ticket items yet, like Magical Chase or Bonk 3 CD.