RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Fair price for a Neo Gold Cab 2-slot?

Started by bust3dstr8, 10/10/2007, 01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bust3dstr8

One for sale fairly close to me. Says B.O.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

So does the machine have body odor or something?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

guyjin

i think it stands for Best Offer.  [-X

Kitsunexus

And here I thought it meant "bad ornithologist".  It confused me because I knew Kolibri was on the 32x and not the Neo·Geo.

All kidding aside, what's the difference in a normal Neo and a Gold Neo?  Does the Gold Neo let you visit Willy Wakatashi's SNK factory?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

WoodyXP

Definitely check the Neo-Geo forums.  There's alot of knowledgeable guys over
there that collect Cabs.
"I bathe in AES carts."

SignOfZeta

I would say that it all depends on the monitor. The monitor size, quality, and condition are more important than anything like joysticks or what games are in it since those can be had for cheap.

If its a burt-in bubbly 17" screen, I'd say $200 or so. If its an immaculate 21" with no burn in, maybe $400.

It would also matter, at least to me, if it was an actual SNK USA MVS (with red MVS sides, coin counter, light-up switching marquee, etc) or just an old Berserk machine with an MVS slapped in it.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/10/2007, 04:54 PMAll kidding aside, what's the difference in a normal Neo and a Gold Neo?  Does the Gold Neo let you visit Willy Wakatashi's SNK factory?
LOL all most it's just a cab with a wood grain finsh.

There's been times i wouldn't mind owning a neogeo gold cab myself.

Not,to mention there a prefect match at home since it blends in with the furniture.
IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Wow, that is both borderline cheesy and awesome!

bust3dstr8

Goddamn mutha #%$#ing son of mutha @#%^ %$#@!!!
Went on the Neo site and found someone selling a better cab for good price, like 10 minutes
away. Even better he was looking for PCE stuff to trade. I just got started collecting PCE so
I have been buying game lots and have quit a  few doubles and extra hardware.

But, he sold it right before I noticed his post.....ARRG #-o talk about missing the boat.

IMG

I need to find my buddy Johnnie Walker now.......
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: TRON on 10/10/2007, 09:58 PMIMG
The problem with that type of Neo cabinet is that the screen is annoying as hell to play on, at least for me.

TR0N

Quote from: Derek Lee Missed His School Bus on 10/11/2007, 04:51 PM
Quote from: TRON on 10/10/2007, 09:58 PMIMG
The problem with that type of Neo cabinet is that the screen is annoying as hell to play on, at least for me.
Yeah the screen on it does seem kind of out of place.

Still i find it unique for a u.s neo cab i wouldn't mind owning one either way.
IMG

bust3dstr8

I really like the look of the wood cab. I dig the late 70's-pizza house style. The screen looks small too, wonder if you can fit something else in there?
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 10/12/2007, 12:00 AMThe screen looks small too, wonder if you can fit something else in there?
Either my mind is perpetually in the gutter, or you just pwned yourself.  :lol:

TR0N

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 10/11/2007, 11:48 AMGoddamn mutha #%$#ing son of mutha @#%^ %$#@!!!
Went on the Neo site and found someone selling a better cab for good price, like 10 minutes
away. Even better he was looking for PCE stuff to trade. I just got started collecting PCE so
I have been buying game lots and have quit a  few doubles and extra hardware.

But, he sold it right before I noticed his post.....ARRG #-o talk about missing the boat.

IMG

I need to find my buddy Johnnie Walker now.......
That's a shame keep checking you will get one sooner or later.

Still,with the sell forum at neo-geo.com you snooze you loose if your not fast enough.

Beside ebay i see them pop-up there once in a while.
IMG