10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

yes! STREET FIGHTER 4 is coming ~ destination unknown

Started by handygrafx, 10/17/2007, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handygrafx

IMG

QuoteCapcom Announces Street Fighter 4 and More!

Mark this year as one of the most momentous years for gaming. It's announcements like this one that keep making this job so worthy and awesome. After much anticipation and hype, Capcom finally delivers with their promises of bombshells.

Street Fighter 4 was officially confirmed at their press event in London just a few hours ago. A concept trailer was shown depicting the series' two most recognizable fighters exchanging some moves.

The current release date scheduled is more than a year away, which hopefully means we'll see it in time for the 2008 holiday season.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2004.html

QuoteOct 17, 2007

Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007101714511031010&releaseId=20060321132945404017

QuoteStreet Fighter 4 Confirmed

What could be better than Capcom bringing back Bionic Commando? How about Street Fighter 4? Games Radar is reporting from the Capcom Gamer's Day in London that the 4th game in the series has been oficially confirmed. A stylized trailer of Ken and Ryu fighting was shown, but no actual gameplay footage, and while development has started the game is still more than a year away for whatever platform it ends up coming out on, Still, we can all rest easy that it is indeed on the way. Along with this amazing news, Capcom also announced Lost Planet for the PS3, a new Ace Attorney game for the DS featuring and new main character, and an all-new sci-fi action adventure game called Dark Void. It takes a special kind of company to wait 20 years from the release of the original game to finally get to number 4 in the series. I can't wait for the year 2012, when we'll be playing Super Street FIghter 4 Hyper Mega Hologram Remix. Yum.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/finally/street-fighter-4-confirmed-311856.php

teaser-trailer video (NOT gameplay)

http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/assets/trailer.flv
http://stage6.divx.com/user/blehblah/video/1750390/Street-Fighter-4-Trailer

NecroPhile

Hmmm... I don't know what to think about this.  The trailer makes me think that they're really pushing for pretty 'look at my hair blowing in the wind' graphics, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're neglecting the game play mechanics.  At least Capcom's trying something new and not just slinging us the same old hash.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/17/2007, 01:56 PMLet's hope it's still 2D.
Capcom isn't that stupid

P.S. - The over-under on the number of hyper turbo championship impact x revisions to Street Fighter IV is three.

Joe Redifer

Kitsunexus

NecroPhile

I hope that they make a spin-off platform game with Dhalsim where he attacks enemies with a stretched out punch, kick, or head butt and yells "Yoga" every time.  That would be cool.

Joe Redifer

Hobo Xiphas

nat

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/17/2007, 03:10 PMI hope it's a turn-based strategy game.
:lol:

they could call it "Street Fighter Tactics"
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Turbo D

Looks promising. I hope that its for arcade, although there aren't many arcades around anymore :(

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/17/2007, 01:56 PMLet's hope it's still 2D.
I hope so too. I think capcom learned its lesson after that lame EX one for psx, but you never know. They might make it 3-D to compete with VirtuaFighter 5 on ps3( and soon to be on 360 come halloween).
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

Well, its nice to know that SF went out with a bang (Third Strike) because its clear now that that will have been the last real SF game.
IMG

GUTS

That's a pretty bold statement based on a teaser trailer with no actual gameplay footage.  At least wait until some actual gameplay is shown before whining about it.

SignOfZeta

Its 3D, and from my vague understanding of how Capcom works these days, almost certainly American developed. Also if it isn't coming out until 2009, as they are saying, then that's way too much lead time for a project that actually has a solid idea behind it. Virtually all (good) fighting games are made in less than 9 months.

Street Fighter is dead. I'm not whining about it, rather its just a simple statement. Its OK. There are plenty of 90s fighters to last forever.
IMG

Turbo D

I'd say that you can't beat Street Fighter 2 on hucard. If capcom really wanted to make money, they would pay nec to re-release the pcengine.  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

i hope NEC-Ave considers to bring this to the pc engine.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

I really hope it's not Street Fighter EX 3 and instead is more like SF2 Turbo but with all the characters and GIGANTIC HD 2D artwork.

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/17/2007, 08:04 PMIts 3D, and from my vague understanding of how Capcom works these days, almost certainly American developed. Also if it isn't coming out until 2009, as they are saying, then that's way too much lead time for a project that actually has a solid idea behind it. Virtually all (good) fighting games are made in less than 9 months.

Street Fighter is dead. I'm not whining about it, rather its just a simple statement. Its OK. There are plenty of 90s fighters to last forever.
At least we have the HD SFII to look forward to. :)

Too bad it probably won't add any frames of animation. :|
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

What I don't understand is why they don't make 2-D games anymore  :-k They are obviously more fun.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Making 2D games has recently become illegal.  Everyone hates 2D games.

SignOfZeta

If by "they", you mean Capcom then the reasons are basically that they lost interest/staff and pretty much pulled out of the arcades. There is so much more money in crap like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, etc.

But...the upcoming Sengoku Basara X is 2D, a fighter, and from Capcom (Japan even). It might not suck.

If by "they" you mean anyone in particular there are still 2D games being made all the time, even some that aren't on DS. Even some fighters. Arcana Heart, Hokuto no Ken, Melty Blood, KOF XII was just announced a couple of weeks ago.

I just finished Mother 3 last week. Fucking great, that.

Also: Contra for DS. That should be fantastic.
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/17/2007, 09:28 PMMaking 2D games has recently become illegal.  Everyone hates 2D games.
yeah..our small commune here is soon going to face the same experience like in "Fahrenheit 451".
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/17/2007, 08:42 PMI really hope it's not Street Fighter EX 3 and instead is more like SF2 Turbo but with all the characters and GIGANTIC HD 2D artwork.
Well, it won't be EX3 because there already is an EX3. It was a direct-to-PS2 release and nobody gave a shit.

It won't be HD 2D though. It will be 3D. The whole point of the trailer was to show you the graphical direction it's going in.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

I thought the trailer looked pretty ghey, but hopefully the game is good.

Personally I don't see why Capcom would make it 3D since they're probably well aware that Street Fighter is for a 2D fanbase. I definitely got a feeling that this won't be coming to the arcades though.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Now that I finaly got home form work (early!  :dance:) I will review this trailer.

GOOD: The music was awesome. The characters were drawn and animated well.

BAD: Nothing about this movie except for Ryu and Ken was even REMOTELY Street Fighter. It's all Matrix-y wire-fu shit.

I was excited for this, now I honestly couldn't care less.

Street Fighter is dead, Capcom is a zombie.

Turbo D

I didn't even waste my time watching the trailer  :lol:
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: turbo D on 10/18/2007, 02:11 AMI didn't even waste my time watching the trailer  :lol:
If you like hybrid nuskool Big Beat/DNB it's worth just leaving on in the background.

guyjin

Quote from: GUTS on 10/17/2007, 07:50 PMThat's a pretty bold statement based on a teaser trailer with no actual gameplay footage.  At least wait until some actual gameplay is shown before whining about it.
but if we didn't whine about things, this board would be dead due to lack of posts.

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 10/18/2007, 05:25 PM
Quote from: GUTS on 10/17/2007, 07:50 PMThat's a pretty bold statement based on a teaser trailer with no actual gameplay footage.  At least wait until some actual gameplay is shown before whining about it.
but if we didn't whine about things, this board would be dead due to lack of posts.
Nah, there is always going to be a ridiculous poll just around the corner :P .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Kitsunexus

I hope it will be a first-person sidescroller.

Joe Redifer

I hope it will be a 2nd person RTS.

I'm a big fan of the 1st person sidescrolling genre, though.   Tons of great games in that.  Yeah.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/22/2007, 04:39 AMI hope it will be a 2nd person RTS.

I'm a big fan of the 1st person sidescrolling genre, though.   Tons of great games in that.  Yeah.
YOSHI'S SAFARI!

PCEngineFX

They should really call this "Street Fighter XXXVII"....seriously, we are WAY past the number "4" here.  Trailer looks sweet though.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

nat

Aaron's right. Street Fighter is a series that has had more entries than Friday the 13th, and yet somehow they are only up to part 4.

I think part 2 alone actually included games 2 thru 495.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

New information and a single screen revealed here - http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=90608 .

IMG

I like the graphic style, still looks kinda 2D.
IMG

NecroPhile

Ewww, I don't like that at all.  Ryu looks like he survived open heart surgery performed by a ax wielding surgeon, and the fisheye look is f'n up his proportions (his right foot is nearly twice as long as his left hand).  It looks like Capcom wanted us to know that Ryu is 100% man - If he gets such a prominent package, then I can't wait to see Chun-Li.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2007, 05:30 PMRyu looks like he survived open heart surgery performed by a ax wielding surgeon,
they're called 'muscles'. I know that, as a gamer, you don't see people like that too often, but they do exist.

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

GUTS

Holy fuck that looks cool, I hear it's going to play entirely in 2D also.  I'm totally pumped for it now, can't wait to see what the other characters look like.

Joe Redifer

I am looking forward to the Street Fighter HD Remix more.  These 3D character models look pretty piss-poor:

IMG
IMG

Much work still needs to be done.  At least I hope to science that these aren't the finished characters.

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 12/06/2007, 05:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/06/2007, 05:30 PMRyu looks like he survived open heart surgery performed by a ax wielding surgeon,
they're called 'muscles'. I know that, as a gamer, you don't see people like that too often, but they do exist.
Agreed, we need more manly characters these days too.

Man that first screenshot I posted was looking pretty good, but it's starting to look worse after seeing the one's Joe posted, haha. Ken looks goofy.
IMG

Kitsunexus

After seeing the trailer those character models are disapointing. Good to hear it'd 2D though.  =D&gt;

Turbo D

I dislike how the newer streetfighter games have goofy looking characters.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

goofy? I'm not seeing it.

I think they look good.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/06/2007, 08:34 PMI am looking forward to the Street Fighter HD Remix more.  These 3D character models look pretty piss-poor:

IMG
IMG

Much work still needs to be done.  At least I hope to science that these aren't the finished characters.
Hmm looks like a hybrid to me a mix of 2d&3d  [-(

Guess i was holding out for the good old hand drawn spirtes.

Still,who i'm kidding there are hardly any programers left that do that any more.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nat

Looks better than I expected, and not as good as I hoped. IF that makes any sense. But I'll wait to see/play the finished product to pass judgement.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 12/07/2007, 01:59 AMLooks better than I expected, and not as good as I hoped. IF that makes any sense.
Makes perfect sense to me. Realistically, you thought it would be worse than this, but you fantasized that it would look as good as the trailer did.

Count me in that boat as well.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 12/06/2007, 05:34 PMthey're called 'muscles'. I know that, as a gamer, you don't see people like that too often, but they do exist.
Thanks for filling me in, genius.  Let me know if you find a way to develop such a deep division between your pecs and yet keep them as small as your abs.  :roll:

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/06/2007, 08:34 PMMuch work still needs to be done.  At least I hope to science that these aren't the finished characters.
Word.  Ken's face reminds me of Ash's face after being pulled and stretched by the Necronomicon in Army of Darkness; such cheese has no place in Street Fighter.