@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

yes! STREET FIGHTER 4 is coming ~ destination unknown

Started by handygrafx, 10/17/2007, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

guyjin

Hobo Xiphas

OK, that video makes me not hate this game anymore.  It looks like it plays like regular Street Fighter games, just with fancy 3D backgrounds and character models.

Although the character in the first video obviously rips-off Rock Howard's move set, hahaha.  :-"

SignOfZeta

lost: insertcredit,com/archives/news/022008/chinpol.jpg
alt:
SFIV-Ryo-Chinpo.webp

BTW, the new KOF is looking FUCKING PARADISE, so the death of Street Fighter isn't so bad. I never really expected it to come back after CvS2 anyway. I mean, the obi for the DC version says, "2D will never die!" or something like that...followed by years of nothing, then Fighting Jam, more years of nothing, then this SFIV crap.

wayback.speksnk.org/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_MotionJPEG.avi
IMG

guyjin

SignOfZeta

IMG

guyjin

damnit, need to start studying kana again  :oops:

Also, I do not see the male package.

SignOfZeta

Everyone in SFIV seems to have a huge package, male or otherwise. If you can't see it then...I don't know what to say.
IMG

TR0N

Either Ryu sees something we don't or he's getting excited  :roll:
IMG

Now,what's wrong with blanka some body spill on coffee on his family tree  :wink:
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

QuoteEither Ryu sees something we don't or he's getting excited  :roll:
IMG
Seriously, you don't see that huge male ballet dancer's coin purse there? WTF she looks like Chun He.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/15/2008, 10:38 PM
QuoteEither ryu see's some thing we don't or he's getting excited  :roll:
Seriously, you don't see that huge male ballet dancer's coin purse there? WTF she looks like Chun He.
I see it is chun-li a tranny wtf  :shock:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

I'm a little skeptical on how well SFIV will play. Judging from the first link, it looks like the animations for attacks take too long, especially Ryu's sweep. The problem that happens a lot with 3D graphics is that they tend to add too much animation for things which just makes them end up looking unnatural. In this case, it might cause some response delay during the gameplay, but we'll see. That new Abel guy looks kinda cool, but that new chick looks like a dude.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/15/2008, 10:38 PMSeriously, you don't see that huge male ballet dancer's coin purse there? WTF she looks like Chun He.
Looks like she's trying hard to contain a bad case of weresnatch with a tiny pair of panties.  She either needs to trim the hedges or switch to boxers.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/15/2008, 06:38 PMBTW, the new KOF is looking FUCKING PARADISE, so the death of Street Fighter isn't so bad.
Truth.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

It looks like my theory on SFIV not being responsive due to the excessive 3D animation might be truthful. I skimmed through this IGN hands on article and took special notice to this:

"My first play test was with my old -- oh what did I call her back then -- that's right, my old hoochie-mama, Chun Li. I was a bit surprised from the start in that she felt slower than I remember her late life SFII counterpart being. In particular, her wall rebound was slow and hard to pull off. I also couldn't get her to do her down kick on enemies. Aside from that, Chun Li still felt like Chun Li, complete with her spinning bird kick and tons of combo opportunities involving her lightning fast legs."

Game still looks like it could be fun though.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Joe Redifer

If only I could pick the moves from menus instead of having to press buttons in real time...

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/16/2008, 09:41 PMIf only I could pick the moves from menus instead of having to press buttons in real time...
Wow, there isn't a Street Fighter RPG, is there? I'm a bit suprised one hasn't been made.
IMG

Joe Redifer

No, not an RPG, but a fighting game where you select from a deep menu system instead of pressing buttons to do moves.  Maybe some cards could be involved as well.  Nobody likes having to react in real time.  Menu systems is all the world needs.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/16/2008, 09:56 PMNo, not an RPG, but a fighting game where you select from a deep menu system instead of pressing buttons to do moves.  Maybe some cards could be involved as well.  Nobody likes having to react in real time.  Menu systems is all the world needs.
I'd be all over it, if they'd include the use of twenty eight sided dice.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/16/2008, 09:56 PMNo, not an RPG, but a fighting game where you select from a deep menu system instead of pressing buttons to do moves.  Maybe some cards could be involved as well.  Nobody likes having to react in real time.  Menu systems is all the world needs.
I would love that. I always wanted to make a wrestling game like that.

Initial D for GBA is like that. Semi-real-time menu based racing. I really like that game, and I'm sure there must be more like it. I don't know what they might be though.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/17/2008, 12:47 AM
I would love that. I always wanted to make a wrestling game like that.
There actually is one for PCE. I think it might be that one Monster one, but there was another one that was anime style. I'll have to look for it because it was really cool actually.
IMG

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Ok Maniac Pro Wrestling was the other game I was thinking of, but they're both RPGs. Maniac is a lot harder to understand with all of it's Japanese, but Monster is much easier but is kinda cheesy becuase it determins who attacks by who can make the rolling number counter stop at a higher number. Still very interesting games that I'd like to play more of. I think the PCE has an RPG for every kind of game.
IMG

GUTS

You guys realize SFIV isn't coming out until sometime this summer right?  So they're probably going to, I don't know, improve the gameplay and tighten things up a bit between now and then.  That's just a wacky theory I have though, I could be wrong!

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 02/18/2008, 01:36 AMYou guys realize SFIV isn't coming out until sometime this summer right?  So they're probably going to, I don't know, improve the gameplay and tighten things up a bit between now and then.  That's just a wacky theory I have though, I could be wrong!
Chill out GUTS. I'm simply just stating an untalked about aspect of the game thus far.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: GUTS on 02/18/2008, 01:36 AMYou guys realize SFIV isn't coming out until sometime this summer right?  So they're probably going to, I don't know, improve the gameplay and tighten things up a bit between now and then.  That's just a wacky theory I have though, I could be wrong!
Whatever. This game is doomed. A year after its release nobody will even remember it. Its failure will mean that SFV will never be made. The Japanese won't touch it. Shit, I don't even think that the people in SoCal that played CvS1 religiously will touch it. Even the KOF Maximum Impact series looked better than this.

Seriously, with KOFXII, Blaz Blu, Basara X, and Arcana Heart 2 there are plenty of good looking games that don't need excuses and wishful thinking to get excited about.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2008, 07:23 AMArcana Heart 2
I'm just looking forward to the American release of the original.

GUTS

Jesus, Arcana Heart?  No wonder you guys are so pessimistic, you have awful taste in fighting games.

guyjin

Quote from: GUTS on 02/18/2008, 02:36 PMJesus, Arcana Heart?  No wonder you guys are so pessimistic, you have awful taste in fighting games.
seconded.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guyjin on 02/18/2008, 04:10 PM
Quote from: GUTS on 02/18/2008, 02:36 PMJesus, Arcana Heart?  No wonder you guys are so pessimistic, you have awful taste in fighting games.
seconded.
Ya that game is the suck!

Now let me get back to my Ka Ge Ki: Fists of Steel on Sega Genesis!!

Edit: Added Link
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

I've never heard of this "Arcana Heart".

That said, I agree with JoshTurboTrollX-16 that Ka Ge Ki rules! Sorry, I'm the world's biggest Sage's Creation fanboy.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Keranu on 02/18/2008, 05:41 PM
I've never heard of this "Arcana Heart".

That said, I agree with JoshTurboTrollX-16 that Ka Ge Ki rules! Sorry, I'm the world's biggest Sage's Creation fanboy.
Ok, I was initially kidding, but now its official; Ka Ge Ki is the greatest game ever made!!  I just beat it, and at the end you get to fondel a womans ass while all the bad guys watch in a pile!  I'm not kidding, the main character rubs, or smacks, or pinches this chicks ass for a good minute!!

Gaming greatness!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

I've never even played it. My point though is that for people who like that type of game, Arcana Heart will make them happy. As a KOF fan I can assure you that the new KOF looks *really* cool. Meanwhile, while SFIV might might make some people happy, but it won't please actual SF fans. They'll sell a few thousand to those tools that bought Mortal Kombat Deception, I'm sure.
IMG

Kitsunexus

How can you guys not like Arcana Heart, a game about hot anime chicks kicking the shit out of each other?

GUTS

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 02/18/2008, 11:39 PMBecause all-girl fighters suck shit.
Hmm, I'm almost inclined to agree with this. I do like Asuka, but I don't think it's nearly as good as other fighting games.
IMG

SignOfZeta

You must not have played Gal's Fighters. That game is fucking great.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2008, 11:59 PM
You must not have played Gal's Fighters. That game is fucking great.
Oh yeah, that game was cool. I only played some of it in an emulator though, need to get that one once I get another NGPC. Gotta love Drag Iori!
IMG

SignOfZeta

It has a small character selection and really crappy backgrounds, but the actual fighting is as good, if not better than, all other NGP fighters. Its basically like SFZ3 with all the juggles, mixed with SFIII's super cancels. It also has a lot of new animation, mostly for comic effect.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/19/2008, 12:10 AMIt has a small character selection and really crappy backgrounds, but the actual fighting is as good, if not better than, all other NGP fighters. Its basically like SFZ3 with all the juggles, mixed with SFIII's super cancels. It also has a lot of new animation, mostly for comic effect.
Fixed.

Hobo Xiphas

I bet you've never even played it, Kitsune.  It is a very fun game.

The final boss is genius.  It plays better on the click stick I'd imagine too, although I've never played it non-emulated.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/20/2008, 04:01 AMI bet you've never even played it, Kitsune.  It is a very fun game.
Of course I haven't, right now it's import only. But I have seen the Youtube videos.

SignOfZeta

Gals Fighters? It was released in JP, EU, and US territories. My version was bought right off the shelf at an American EB.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/20/2008, 12:24 PMGals Fighters? It was released in JP, EU, and US territories. My version was bought right off the shelf at an American EB.
Oh I thought he was talking about Arcana Heart. Yeah I've played Gals Fighters on my friends NGPC (He had that and BeastBusters or something) but I never bought it for myself. I wonder if I should have...  :-k

guyjin

Keranu

This may be a retarded quesiton, but is that an actual screenshot? Hey you never know incase there are Victor Ireland wannabes when it comes to localization!  :mrgreen:
IMG

guyjin

honestly, i have no idea. stole it from a post on another forum.

I've been meaning to pick up paper mario for a while, though.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guyjin on 02/25/2008, 09:23 PMIMG

:D
How is making a boob joke complaining? CAN YOU READ GUYJIN? CAN YOU FUCKING READ? NO? THEN GOOD. STFU.

Also, thanks for the new PSP wallpaper Bonk!

guyjin

I wasn't replying to you directly... just a general statement about this thread.