RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

behold... the Mega Tower!!!

Started by Turbo D, 12/03/2007, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo D

MegaTowerPower.webp
/mtower.gif
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

ccovell

How many barrels of oil went into all that black plastic...? :-k

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

Phh...where is the Pro Action Replay, and the Xband?
IMG

guyjin

it fails if it doesn't actually play games. Which I'm fairly sure it doesn't.

NecroPhile

Blast ProcessingTM to the extreme!  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dark Fact

homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Turbo D

Not sure if it works or not, it came from some japanese site. I couldn't read what was going on, but thought it was super cool.  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

rolins

With the Power Base converter on top, doesn't even work like that?

Hobo Xiphas

It doesn't work if I think the stack is what I think it is.

If that is a power base converter on top of the 32X, it won't work.

I think the best playable stack you can get is Original Sega CD + Original Genesis + 32X + Game Genie + Sonic & Knuckles + an EA Sports game.

SegaTowerOfPower.webp

I'm not sure if you can create an infinite size stack with multiple Game Genies, but I don't think you can.

Turbo D

It looks like a special japanese power base, because that ain't no sms cart on top  :-k
IMG IMG
IMG

rolins

Quote from: Ernie Banks' Retirement Pants on 12/03/2007, 07:48 PMIt doesn't work if I think the stack is what I think it is.
yeah, guess so.

Quote from: turbo D on 12/03/2007, 07:51 PMIt looks like a special japanese power base, because that ain't no sms cart on top  :-k
Yup, thats a MarkIII cart, the japanese counterpart of the SMS. Actually, the whole system I bet is japanese, it even has karaoke w/ microphone on the side, and those I don't think were sold in US.

Wait...they made karaoke for Sega Megadrive?

Hobo Xiphas

I thought it was just for that JVC Wondermega thing

But knowing them wacky japanese it wouldn't surprise me to see one for the vanilla genesis too

Joe Redifer

Yup, the Mega CD model 1 had its own karaoke unit.  Ive never seen it outside of magazine photos.

Ceti Alpha

Haha!! That's just absurd.  :roll:

Jenga does what Genesis don't.  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

SignOfZeta

There was a picture, which I could have sworn was taken during one of the PC Engine Maniax offline events (but I can't find the thing online anymore) which showed a really tall Mega Tower. I think it was MD1, MCD1, karaoke unit, Super 32X, and a bunch of carts like maybe it was PAR2, Game Genie, XBand, Honey Bee converter, Sonic and Knuckles and then Sonic 3. Whatever it was, it worked.

The real problem with the stack in this photo is the MKIII adapter.
IMG

Joe Redifer

If the Sonic & Knuckles cart is anywhere, it will take over.  You can't slap Tommy Lasorda Baseball on S&K and play Tommy Lasorda Baseball.

TowerOfPower.webp

Ceti Alpha

Hey! It's the prototype of the Genesis Torpedo!  :P
I guess blast processing was the unstable ingredient that made the Genesis device useless.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/06/2007, 01:51 PMTowerOfPower.webp
lessee... xband, game genie, pink thing?, sonic & knuckles, blank something, genesis something, 32x? (looks too square.)

Turbo D

does it work at all? At least with the sonic and knuckles?
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I don't know what the red thing is, but Knuckles should work.

The thing above Sonic & Knuckles is the Genesis cleaning cart which can clean the system connectors and cartridge connectors.  It has no electronic parts, so it really shouldn't be included.  I have no idea what the thing on top of that is, though.  Maybe some kind of modem or credit card thingy.

guyjin

OH! I think that's a Sega channel modem!

IMG

oh, and... WISE FWUM YOW GWAVE!  :twisted:

RegalSin

Don't do it Marty, the particle time flux capacitor blast  collider accelerator processing processor was never meant to have so many cartriges in it at once. Sacrafice a N64 instead. They are like feeder fishes.
IMGIMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nat

I wonder what ever happened to turbo D.

Maybe the tower fell on him.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TR0N

Quote from: nat on 02/03/2012, 12:47 AMI wonder what ever happened to turbo D.

Maybe the tower fell on him.
LOL crushed by a tower of death he has been mia lately.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

Yeah, those karaoke units are hella expensive, but they look pretty awesome.  They just need the official Sega speakers coming off the headphone port and they'd be set :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

guyjin

wow, last post in 2010. Seems like it was yesterday.

esteban

When I last spoke to TurboD, it was during a trade: he traded me his copy of Air Zonk for my copy of SpinPair.

I haven't heard from him since.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

guyjin

Quote from: esteban on 02/06/2012, 04:16 PMWhen I last spoke to TurboD, it was during a trade: he traded me his copy of Air Zonk for my copy of SpinPair.

Hopefully he isn't ashamed of making such a bad trade ;)

esteban

Quote from: guyjin on 02/06/2012, 04:54 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/06/2012, 04:16 PMWhen I last spoke to TurboD, it was during a trade: he traded me his copy of Air Zonk for my copy of SpinPair.

Hopefully he isn't ashamed of making such a bad trade ;)
I fear he has yet to recover :(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

i want that karaoke thing so bad

BigusSchmuck

Can't be any worse than this:
wayback.joystiq.com/2007/01/23/the-leaning-tower-of-sega/

genesistower.jpg SegaDoomTower.webp
and this:

youtu .be/_8CNubiT7t4