RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Question about Megadrive game...

Started by Kitsunexus, 01/13/2008, 04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

OK, so I found my favorite form of the SEGA Genesis:

http://www.segagagadomain.com/hardware-mega/wonder1.htm

It looks COMPLETELY awesome, but the only thing more awesome is this:

IMG

WHAT IS THAT GAME!? THAT IS HANDS DOWN THE COOLEST CARTRIDGE EVER. I NEED IT IN MY BODY. would like to find out more about this game, if possible.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

Haha, Segagagadomain.com. A site ran by a wacky Englishman living in Japan.

It looks like that cartridge is Virtua Racing. And yeah, the Mega Wonder kicks ass.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 01/13/2008, 04:34 AMIt looks like that cartridge is Virtua Racing.
Fucking D'OH](*,) Thanks for the answer! ^_^

Still a cool-looking cart though. Does the American version look that cool?

Keranu

No problem.

I haven't seen the American cart since I was a kid (I thought the Genesis version was so rad back then). Here's an image retrieved froma Google Image Search:

IMG

They both look pretty cool I think. I like how the cart has a special shape because it's so powerful.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

MissaFX

What you really want is the Aiwa megadrive
IMG

That will make your friends take a doubletake when you ask them if they want to play Sonic.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Missa on 01/13/2008, 04:43 AMWhat you really want is the Aiwa megadrive
IMG

That will make your friends take a doubletake when you ask them if they want to play Sonic.
I used to want that thing, but I found out it doesn't work with 32x that well. :(

Keranu

Haha, I don't think I've seen that Aiwa MegaDrive before! Check out this pic of it with a 32x in it!

IMG

It's like you have to have it slanted if you're gonna use it.
IMG

nat

Are you sure the photographer wasn't just falling over when he took the picture?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 01/13/2008, 04:49 AMAre you sure the photographer wasn't just falling over when he took the picture?
Nah, it's the same pic as on the page I linked, there's some more pics as well.

WoodyXP

Hahah Virtua Racing for the Genesis rocked!! But for 10 cents more you can get the 32x version... the best version, IMO.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

Joe Redifer

Quote from: KeranuAnd yeah, the Mega Wonder kicks ass.
It's the Wondermega!  You've got it backwards, my friend.  BACKWARDS!  To the punishment cabin with you!  The Wondermega was redressed and released in the USA as the X'Eye.  They removed the s-video port, sadly.

OldRover

Hrm, I didn't know that the Wondermega and the X'Eye were the same...interesting tidbit of trivia. I've owned a few X'Eyes, they sold a lot cheaper than Sega's official consoles, but then stores stopped selling them.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

SignOfZeta

There is a Wondermega 1, and a Wondermega 2. The 2 was released in the US as the X'eye (minus MIDI port and IR controller) which is the most nonsensical name ever.

Wondermega 1s, especially in the original color, are fucking crazy hard to find and seriously expensive. I'd really like to have one, but I don't have $700 or whatever.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/13/2008, 05:29 AM
Quote from: KeranuAnd yeah, the Mega Wonder kicks ass.
It's the Wondermega!  You've got it backwards, my friend.  BACKWARDS!  To the punishment cabin with you!  The Wondermega was redressed and released in the USA as the X'Eye.  They removed the s-video port, sadly.
Wow, not even sure how that happened! I must've been thinking of Megadrive at the same time or something.  :-k
IMG