OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

01.17.08 - Forum Upgrade: Real-time chat

Started by PCEngineFX, 01/17/2008, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Just added the "Shoutbox" to the top of the main page for anyone wishing to participate in real-time chat.  Enjoy.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

chop5

AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Cool, but I hope it doesn't take away the purpose of the forums.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

PCEngineFX

It should be fine as you can't always get your question answered using the real-time chat feature.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Keranu

No IRC channel, but a shoutbox?  :-s Oh well, still cool I guess.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Not bad but it's all hard tell who's chatting when it scrolls up.

Dunno it be nice if there was a vbchat program instead.

Just a little suggestion it's what used at neo-geo.com and it works well.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Screw IRC, this doesn't require a special client and is built in to the browser, plus EVERYONE can read it.  IRC = Is Really Craptacular.

guyjin

minor gripe: we read from the top of a page to the bottom; to follow a conversation in the shoutbox, you must read from the bottom up. it's unnatural and confusing.

is it possible to get it to scroll the other way?

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 01/18/2008, 03:29 AMminor gripe: we read from the top of a page to the bottom; to follow a conversation in the shoutbox, you must read from the bottom up. it's unnatural and confusing.

is it possible to get it to scroll the other way?
Yeah that throwed me off as well since you have...to read the text from the top not the bottom.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/18/2008, 01:55 AMScrew IRC, this doesn't require a special client and is built in to the browser, plus EVERYONE can read it.  IRC = Is Really Craptacular.
What Joe said.

Kitsunexus

Will there be an RSS feed for the shoutbox?

Joe Redifer

I think it should be called "Chat time with Kitsunexus" or maybe "Kitsunexus' Room" or similar since he's always in there.

nat

Haha, it's funny you mention that, because the last few times I've been on he's been in there talking about synthesizers. I came back a few hours later and he was still talking about them.

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 01/18/2008, 10:50 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/18/2008, 01:55 AMScrew IRC, this doesn't require a special client and is built in to the browser, plus EVERYONE can read it.  IRC = Is Really Craptacular.
What Joe said.
You two need to get X-Chat :P . You can also add prebuilt IRC apps onto websites like the shot box too (with no refreshing delay), but I prefer programs.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Nah.  Chatting is only good for posting illegal pirating links.  Now that Aaron has provided a way for us to illegally pirate as much media as possible, we don't need no IRC!

Keranu

I'm starting to doubt your IRC expertise :P . IRC = Illegal Richness Center!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/20/2008, 01:05 AMI think it should be called "Chat time with Kitsunexus" or maybe "Kitsunexus' Room" or similar since he's always in there.
Of course I'm always in there. Why shouldn't I be? :P

guyjin

i could say something mean here, but I'm not gonna.   8-[

Joe Redifer

Well, thanks for letting us know, I guess.