The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Pix from and around your area?

Started by Tatsujin, 03/06/2008, 08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

sorry..i stoll that thread from the assembler-forum, but since not all users here are regsitered over there, it might be interessting how your area looks like :)

here some recent pix from my livingplace and nearby:

we had a very clear morning today and could see mt. fuji (fuji-san) very clearly out from the baybridge in yokohama beside minato mirai (landmark tower):
/minatofujivb1.jpg

some pictures shoot from our new appartement in which we recently moved in:

/landmark2wt7.jpg
/landmark1pl3.jpg
/mansion1dr5.jpg
/mansion2gk6.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sinistron

Just snapped this a second ago for ya tat (with my cellphone)-
it's the view from my office window on the 14th floor taken from 58th street between Lex and 3rd in Manhattan

IMG
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Tatsujin

wow..scares me a little bit^^" coz i hate being in big buildings. looks like directly taken out of a game. a PS2 game :mrgreen:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MurderDate

yeah that IS scary!  VERTIGO!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

nat

This is a neat thread. I'd like to see more of everyone's area. Here's a pic I took, well, one minute ago looking out my french doors into my backyard and over the fence that encloses it to the building across the street and beyond. During the summer that tree is is full of green leaves that block that building and the Rhododendron is in full bloom but this is what I get during the winter.

IMG
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Nice shots guys. And Tats, Mt. Fuji looks sweet. I love seeing where everyone is.  :dance:

I love the style of those buildings nat. You bastards on the west coast. You're just as bad as Vancouver with your flowers blooming in February and whatnot.  :P  [-(

Here's some pics of Dartmouth (the dark side)/Halifax: (Haligonians call Dartmouth the Dark Side because they don't know any better.  [-X)

Night shot of refinery on the Dartmouth side:

IMG

Lake Banook in the winter: (Dartmouth is called the City of Lakes)

IMG

Lake Banook in the summer:

IMG

Here's a photo I took of the ferry heading over to the Halifax side from Dartmouth: (I actually made this into a postcard - hence the cheesy Dartmouth slogan at the bottom.  :mrgreen: The other side is around here somewhere...)

IMG

...and here it is. - I found it.  :):

IMG

This is Red Ridge Pond right behind behind my place:

IMG

I have more around here. I'll take some more pics of Halifax and post 'em.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to resize them. lol
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Rainbow_Bright

cool pics, like that refinery pic, very cool :)

I'll get some pics up soon..

:)

Sinistron

that night shot of the refinery is one of the coolest pics I've seen anywhere.
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

quoth09

Sinistron, your photo looks like it is taken from a game or from a Godzilla movie  :lol:.

termis

IMG

Yeah, I can't wait to get out of this shithole city! ](*,)

Ceti Alpha

QuoteYeah, I can't wait to get out of this shithole city! Brick wall
You don't like Calgary I take it. I've only briefly passed through myself, but I've pretty much avoided making the move  to Calgary so many Atlantic Canadians take. I need water around me, so if I was to move back out west it would be to BC, which does cross my mind from time to time. I miss it out there.
IMG

termis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/09/2008, 12:37 AMYou don't like Calgary I take it. I've only briefly passed through myself, but I've pretty much avoided making the move  to Calgary so many Atlantic Canadians take. I need water around me, so if I was to move back out west it would be to BC, which does cross my mind from time to time. I miss it out there.
Yeah, a lot of folks from the maritimes and the prairie provinces for work here.  As long as you can make a decent living out there, I'd say there's ZERO reason to move here (Hence, I here a LOT of Saskatchewan folks are getting the hell out and moving back since now that their province is booming). 

After living here for a year and a half, I like to describe this place as "The place where it has all the hassles of a big city, yet without any of the benefits of a big city."  It's the only place where I lived that were able to combine the worst aspects of big & small places together!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteYeah, a lot of folks from the maritimes and the prairie provinces for work here.  As long as you can make a decent living out there, I'd say there's ZERO reason to move here (Hence, I here a LOT of Saskatchewan folks are getting the hell out and moving back since now that their province is booming).
That's fantastic that Saskatchewan is finally seeing some boom time. Newfoundland is also going to be a "have" province in a couple years. Hopefully Nova Scotia can get some of that action soon, [-o&lt; but we've been screwed by Ottawa countless times since Confederation and Stephen Harper is going above and beyond to continue this tradition (i.e. the Atlantic Accord) :evil: It's amazing how quickly some forget that when Alberta was a "have-not" province Nova Scotia basically fed them - a healthy diet of fish no less. hehe In the meantime I will enjoy watching the Prime Minister of Atlantic Canada, the honourable Danny Williams (Premier of Newfoundland)  :P, continue his anti-Harper campaign - god knows we're not getting any leadership from any of the other Premiers in the Maritimes.  [-(

QuoteAfter living here for a year and a half, I like to describe this place as "The place where it has all the hassles of a big city, yet without any of the benefits of a big city."  It's the only place where I lived that were able to combine the worst aspects of big & small places together!
That's exactly how I imagine Calgary - no heart and soul. They experienced such a huge and immediate boom that the city just grew without any plan or design. Maybe the 30+ years of Conservative majority wasn't such a great thing for Alberta? Who knows...

Where would you like to move?
IMG

termis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/09/2008, 05:16 PM
QuoteYeah, a lot of folks from the maritimes and the prairie provinces for work here.  As long as you can make a decent living out there, I'd say there's ZERO reason to move here (Hence, I here a LOT of Saskatchewan folks are getting the hell out and moving back since now that their province is booming).
That's fantastic that Saskatchewan is finally seeing some boom time. Newfoundland is also going to be a "have" province in a couple years. Hopefully Nova Scotia can get some of that action soon, [-o&lt; but we've been screwed by Ottawa countless times since Confederation and Stephen Harper is going above and beyond to continue this tradition (i.e. the Atlantic Accord) :evil: It's amazing how quickly some forget that when Alberta was a "have-not" province Nova Scotia basically fed them - a healthy diet of fish no less. hehe In the meantime I will enjoy watching the Prime Minister of Atlantic Canada, the honourable Danny Williams (Premier of Newfoundland)  :P, continue his anti-Harper campaign - god knows we're not getting any leadership from any of the other Premiers in the Maritimes.  [-(
Yeah, I've yet been to the Maritimes, but I hear nothing but good things about it.  Plus, all the folks that I've met that are from there have all nothing but super-cool people :D  It'd definitely be good to get some real economic boom over there, but then I suppose many people probably wouldn't want to exactly Alberta-ize the maritimes.  The real problem here is that all the eggs are in one basket - the oil industry.  If that tanks (and nothing is forever), then this province will quickly go down the drain, and people even know that here, but it's hard to change your ways when the money keeps on rolling in, so people are hesitant to change the status quo.

But you know what, even all that considered, as a whole, I find Canadians (Albertans or not) to be the one of the most socially-aware people that I've come across, which is a good thing.

QuoteWhere would you like to move?
Well, I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months, so CANNOT wait for that -- It's my favorite city in the world, and I've been threatening to move down there for some years, and it's finally becoming reality now.  Average temperature of 20, variance of about 5 degrees, superb culture & dining, good motorcycling environment, and I even really like what the new Rudd administration has been doing down there since taking over from Howard.  :D

Kinda like you, my wife wants to do BC (Vancouver or Victoria, maybe), and that might still happen in the future, but for now, the other Victoria it'll be!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteBut you know what, even all that considered, as a whole, I find Canadians (Albertans or not) to be the one of the most socially-aware people that I've come across, which is a good thing.
Who me? Socially aaa wha?  8-[ Yeah, we're a mini United Nations. lol.

QuoteWell, I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months, so CANNOT wait for that -- It's my favorite city in the world, and I've been threatening to move down there for some years, and it's finally becoming reality now.  Average temperature of 20, variance of about 5 degrees, superb culture & dining, good motorcycling environment, and I even really like what the new Rudd administration has been doing down there since taking over from Howard.  Very Happy

Kinda like you, my wife wants to do BC (Vancouver or Victoria, maybe), and that might still happen in the future, but for now, the other Victoria it'll be!
Yeah, it was great to finally see Howard go.  :dance: Man, good luck in Melbourne. That's super exciting. I've never been there, but I have a feeling it beats Calgary. lol. Between Melbourne and Vancouver you guys are definitely picking the right places to live. lol .....seriously though: http://www.economist.com/markets/rankings/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8908454&CFID=16415879&CFTOKEN=94552766

Perth has always intrigued me. I HAVE to go there someday. I think it's how isolated it is that intrigues me so much. But I guess it's a great place to live.
IMG

Tatsujin

less of talk, more of pix PLZ :D

SuperDeadite

The apartment:

IMG

The neighborhood:

IMG

Some pics from last year's local fire festival:

IMG
IMG

Here's some pics of Kyoto, the closest city to me:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

nat

Damn Deadite, you've got the best pics yet so far.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

QuoteDamn Deadite, you've got the best pics yet so far.
Yeah! I love the pics. You're apartment and neighbourhood look so cozy. I love it. Japan looks like a great place to live.

Quoteless of talk, more of pix PLZ Very Happy

haha. Sorry tats, I get carried away when it comes to politics. lol  #-o
IMG

TR0N

Nice pics deadite i see the cherry blossom are in bloom.

DC has,them as well beside the cheery blossom festival that happens every spring.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Hobo Xiphas

Keranu

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 03/11/2008, 03:29 AMIMG
You beat me to it! It's my turn to post the cyberpunk graffiti then.

IMG
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

what a cyber!! lolol!! :lol:

great pix deadl. reminds me to visit kyoto once again after 10yrs now (if i find some time :lol: )

Sinistron

Here's another one from my office- a good one from the conference room window. Sorry- grubby cellphone photo again.

IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Keranu on 03/11/2008, 04:02 AMYou beat me to it! It's my turn to post the cyberpunk graffiti then.
Since we are digging things out of our Crete folder, we might as well include the most iconic place in Crete:

/~xiphas/images/likethecountry.jpg

Jim Kelderhouse is a true American hero

nat

Sorry for the poor quality (took with my cellphone), but what is wrong with this picture?

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Jeepers!! There's snow on the buds/flowers!!  :shock: Looks like Atlantic weather.  :P Actually, we're actually having a normal spring for once this year. It's been a few years at least.
IMG

Sparky

yikes... nat that makes me want to cry :( i am another canadain who is sick of the snow it it has finally gone where i am  =D&gt;

nat

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/18/2008, 10:32 PMJeepers!! There's snow on the buds/flowers!! 
Exactly. It was 80 degrees four days ago.

What the fuck is going on? The snow is still coming down, BTW....

Joe Redifer

Quote from: natIt was 80 degrees four days ago.

What the fuck is going on?
4 days ago?  4 DAYS AGO?  That's nothing.  We had a few 80 degree days last week with fire dangers and warnings all over the place (along with 3 huge fires), then the next day it was snowing.  The next day.  That may make the brain inside your head pop, but not anyone's from Colorado.  Yesterday morning there was snow all over the ground, by afternoon it was all gone because it was just about 80!  Colorado weather kicks ass.  It's not all "same-y" all the time.

nat

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Looks like Seattle (when it's not snowing). What mountain is that?

Turbo D

Quote from: nat on 04/19/2008, 04:52 AMLooks like Seattle (when it's not snowing). What mountain is that?
Thats the San Gabriel Canyon. Its pretty cool, I go fishing there sometimes.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Right now these are just around my house.

/2565577834.jpg

Petersburg, VA from the highway.

/2772308257.jpg

SignOfZeta

This was taken in front my apartment last year.

/gamera.jpg
IMG

Digi.k

heheh ooold topic brought back to life.. I can't remember if I've posted these or not oh well... I repost them

Technically this is not my area however its my city and it's big...London City..

Tower Hill Bridge
IMG

The Mayor of London works here
IMG

London Dungeon
IMG

fresh meat ?
IMG

Shakespeare globe theatre
IMG

photo shoot at Embankment for freestyle mountain biking
IMG

The London Eye
IMG

Westminster and the Houses of Parliment
IMG

queens gaurd on duty
IMG

Queens guard offices
IMG

Buckingham Palace
IMG

Squirrels at St James park
IMG

one of the art museums
IMG

Japanese Bakery
IMG

IMG

Piccidilly
IMG

China town - soho
IMG

All the above pics were taken a few months ago...  I don't think you can take pics of the guards anymore since we got new laws relating to Terrorist security threats..

Anyway... today was a very rainy day Y_Y But its Camdem Town and Camden Lock about a mile away from the heart of london

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

There's a goth scene here especially at night when the freaks come out!!
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Great pics Digi!  8) Makes me want to cross the pond for a visit.

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. Hopefully now that it's summer people will be walking around with their cameras in their holsters, ready to shoot.
IMG

termis

Unless you're down under.  Just coming into "winter" here.

It was 10°C yesterday (that's about, what, 50-55°F?) and I saw people in huge down jackets here. :shock: Granted, that's not warm, but seriously... (That was considered "nice weather" in Calgary.)

Arkhan Asylum

DOWNTOWN: THE HOOD', YO (15 mins away)
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

THIS IS MY COLLEGE INSIDE THE HOOD:
/45491185.DSCN0304.jpg

PARMA HEIGHTS, MY HOOD!:
I work behind that gazebo in the library
IMG
IMG
/7066.jpeg

yay. Go Ohio!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ninja Spirit

The Old Towne district of Petersburg, VA. Don't go down there at night without a friend that got your back. Alot of panhandlers and con artists that like to play the "tow truck" lie.
IMG IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/27/2009, 05:12 PM/IMG_1791.jpg
Lemme guess, the B-Boys do their thing down there?

Joe Redifer

What is the "tow truck" game?  Is it fun?

Ninja Spirit

Oh shit Joe you got me, I meant to say lie instead of game.

you walking down the road, minding your biz and then someone stops you and says "hey I need 20 dollars cause my car got towed" then if the victim falls for it, it becomes a slippery slope after that

termis

I had to duck into the train station, so took a couple quick cellphone shots around Melbourne CBD (basically, downtown).

Flinders Station -- this is the essentially the center of Melbourne, as everything grew out from here.
IMG

St. Paul's Cathedral -- Kitty-corner from Flinders station.  I basically just turned around from the first shot and took this one.
IMG

Typical scene from the CBD.  Old buildings (or at least old-style facades) mixed in with the new.
IMG

I had some other shots after this, but somehow messed up the resolution setting on the cellphone and they came out too small. :?

Joe Redifer

Instead of pictures from around my area, how about video?  Here is a bunch of video footage I shot and edited around my area of dwelling; Denver, CO, USA:

"HD" Version:
Normal Version:

Ceti Alpha

Cool pics termis.  8)

Just curious: Have you had many, if any, run-ins with poisonous insects/arachnids so far? That's the one thing that would freak me out, are the poisonous creatures down there. heh
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/22/2009, 02:45 AMInstead of pictures from around my area, how about video?  Here is a bunch of video footage I shot and edited around my area of dwelling; Denver, CO, USA:

"HD" Version:
Normal Version:
Damn Joe, you have definitely inspired me.

I just might do the same in my other surrounding cities like Richmond, Hopewell, Colonial Heights and Chesterfield.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/22/2009, 01:58 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/22/2009, 02:45 AMInstead of pictures from around my area, how about video?  Here is a bunch of video footage I shot and edited around my area of dwelling; Denver, CO, USA:

"HD" Version:
Normal Version:
Damn Joe, you have definitely inspired me.

I just might do the same in my other surrounding cities like Richmond, Hopewell, Colonial Heights and Chesterfield.
I'll have to check this out tonight at home.
IMG