@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

THIS JUST IN ! ! ! KITSUNEXUS HAS HAD ENOUGH ! ! ! GIVES UP ON GAMING ! ! !

Started by PCEngineHell, 03/14/2008, 01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

THIS JUST IN ! ! ! KITSUNEXUS HAS HAD ENOUGH ! ! ! GIVES UP ON GAMING ! ! ! WORLD LEFT IN MORNING THE PASSING OF KITSUNEXUS'S ENJOYMENT OF GAMING ! ! !

As reported earlier today in the shout box,somewhat obscure Pcenginefx member Kitsunexus has went into retirement. He was unable to stand the demanding pressures gaming requires,along with maintaining a good social life among his fellow gaming peers,and keeping his pocket filled with fat rolls of $5.00 bills. The world was deeply saddened to see him go,and will soon expect to see him post his meager collection for sale soon on the Neo-Geo.com forums,after his membership clears for 4 months.

Last words before passing:

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/14/2008, 01:31 AMMuch like many important things in my life, I got too wrapped up in the reason I got into gaming, and now I can't remember it. Because of this, I'm not getting enjoyment out of gaming.
Quote from: Kitsunexus from the shout box[Fri 06:29] <Kitsunexus> video games bring me no enjoyment anymore and i cant keep doing this to my very limited funds
[Fri 06:29] <Kitsunexus> i need to sell my game collection

[Fri 06:29] <Kitsunexus> well i totally depleted my bank account >_<
IMG

Turbo D

lol @ that pic! I felt like selling my collection for quick cash at times, but I love it too much! I can't live without it!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

PCEngineHell

Ceti Alpha

Yes, I'm not worried. He may sell some of  his stuff, but to quit it altogether? Naaahhhhhh
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

=D&gt;

Great laugh, thanks Michael.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

When was he into gaming?  I thought he just liked keyboards, furries, and the PSP.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Well,he did all the sudden start buying games left and right from local stores for systems. But now he sounds so regretful,bad buyers remorse. Games are what they are. If hes a unhappy person before buying them they were not all the sudden going to fix issues or make them go away. Hes still going to be unhappy,and sometimes its just impossible to please unhappy people long term.

Hobo Xiphas

Hi

He has said multiple things like this to me before

I think this is a little premature, Michael

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 03/14/2008, 11:48 AMWhen was he into gaming?  I thought he just liked keyboards, furries, and the PSP.  :lol:
I thought he was into emulators  :roll: I don't know got me,he's says one then does some thing that would be the oppsite of what he states.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 03/15/2008, 02:22 AMHi

He has said multiple things like this to me before

I think this is a little premature, Michael
Ehh,its actually all in good fun,because what he stated sounded so absurd and silly. Either way though he has been acting like a ass as of late,so if he did all the sudden quit games and showing up here for a bit I wouldn't be surprised. All he states anymore is he doesn't care if he gets banned,ect.. and hes been acting out often. Either way he needs to do whats good for him,but he could do it without being the drama queen of PCEFX.

PCEngineHell

Guess either Kits closed both his accounts or Aaron banished him to Amiga hell.

Dark Fact

homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dark Fact

Well, if he's coming back, I hope he has something mellow to listen to...or a cig. :-k
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Dark Fact on 03/16/2008, 01:24 PMKitsunexus got banned? Seriously? :-s
It wouldn't surprise me.  The jerks were talking about it.  As much as I hate some of the things he posts sometimes, honestly, banning the kid wasn't necessary.  Just mocking the hell out of him works wonders and he locks his own stuff when we do make fun of his awful threads.

EDIT: Whelp, yes, he was banned for a week.  And all the mods have banning powers now too.  Way to be transparent and honest guys.  I can't wait for the first time I get banned for making a bad joke.

Joe Redifer

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

nat

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 03/17/2008, 12:41 AMEDIT: Whelp, yes, he was banned for a week.  And all the mods have banning powers now too.  Way to be transparent and honest guys.  I can't wait for the first time I get banned for making a bad joke.
Make all the bad jokes you want.  Feel free to avoid attacking and abusing other members, however, and you shouldn't have a problem.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sinistron

I don't see why there's some who think it's wrong that he got a week long ban- the guy was BEGGING to be banned- even saying "PLEASE BAN ME" for the longest time.  A lot of people here did everything they could for the fella- but in the end his insistance on being that way became way too obvious and from my perspective- if he stayed here it would've eventually made it look like the moderators weren't doing their jobs.  It was his decision in the end and he chose to amp it up rather than tone it down.  I'll miss his silliness but he DEFINITELY had it coming.

Quote from: nat on 03/17/2008, 12:19 PM
Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 03/17/2008, 12:41 AMEDIT: Whelp, yes, he was banned for a week.  And all the mods have banning powers now too.  Way to be transparent and honest guys.  I can't wait for the first time I get banned for making a bad joke.
Make all the bad jokes you want.  Feel free to avoid attacking and abusing other members, however, and you shouldn't have a problem.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Joe Redifer

Sinistron, you just got one "Get out of banning free" card for spelling the word "definitely" correctly.  That is so rare to see on the internet.   =D&gt;

nat

Ceti Alpha

lolmax!! Is it a really commonly misspelled word here on the internets?
IMG

nat

How many internets do you know of? I only know of the one Al Gore created.

Wait, didn't we have this exact exchange in another thread? I guess you never answered my questions.

Joe Redifer

On all the internets I have seen, it is indeed very commonly misspelled, and I can't figure out why.  It is a basic word that is easy to spell correctly.  Nobody I know pronounces it as defiNATly... well maybe nat does since that's his name.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteWait, didn't we have this exact exchange in another thread? I guess you never answered my questions.
lol. I was thinking the same thing while reading your post. We've defiNATely had this exchange before on this here internet.
IMG

Keranu

Hey I always correctly spell definitely!

On the flip side, English spelling is retarded.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

All spelling is retarded. But if you think English is lame, try Russian someday...or French for that matter...or Malay. Three prime examples of having really messed up spelling rules.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Oh I'm sure other languages have screwed up spelling as well, it pisses me off. One thing I love about a language like Japanese (I swear I'm not an otaku animu! ^.^) is that things are spelt just like they are pronounced, using simple two-three lettered syllables. I think spelling in Spanish is a little easier than English too.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

spanish is easy; just attach "el" before and an "o" or an "a" at the end of any english word  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

OldRover

Yeah, spelling in Spanish is brain-dead simple if you understand Spanish phonetics. Everything is indeed spelled exactly as it's written.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

guyjin

Quote from: turbo D on 03/17/2008, 11:04 PMspanish is easy; just attach "el" before and an "o" or an "a" at the end of any english word  :wink:
tu es el baka.  :D

OldRover

Quote from: turbo D on 03/17/2008, 11:04 PMspanish is easy; just attach "el" before and an "o" or an "a" at the end of any english word  :wink:
That's not Spanish, it's Pittnish (see: The Mexican).

rag-time4

Quote from: OldRover on 03/17/2008, 10:48 PMAll spelling is retarded. But if you think English is lame, try Russian someday...or French for that matter...or Malay. Three prime examples of having really messed up spelling rules.
Rover, 2 of my roommates are from Malaysia! I've checked out the way some of their stuff is spelled.... they brought some food from Malaysia here with them...

I think their spelling is awesome from what I've seen.

For example, "chili sauce" is spelled "chili sos" .... As far as I'm concerned, that makes a lot more sense... and it rules!!

td741

Quote from: rag-time4 on 03/17/2008, 11:42 PMI think their spelling is awesome from what I've seen.

For example, "chili sauce" is spelled "chili sos" .... As far as I'm concerned, that makes a lot more sense... and it rules!!
My wife keeps telling me that they tend to change out the Malay spelling of borrowed English words every 4 or 5 years or so...  "Ambulans" for example. :P

Kitsunexus

Well I decided not to sell my collection...

...at Gamestop. Seriously, that isn't worth it at all! Getting only $20 for each game is bullshit, considering a lot of them are new, or were bought exactly on the new/used line - the part where a new game just becomes used and is thus still expensive.

I'm definitely not trading at EZPawn ever again, they only give you $7 for each game, and you walk back into the store and your game is $30. 0_______0

It was then up to eBay and Gamegavel, and I'm sorry, but an "auction site for hardcore gamers" Gamegavel is not. Perhaps in like three years, maybe, but right now there is NOBODY there pretty much, and I don't want to have to sell my games for $1.00 like everyone else does.

So it was pretty much down to eBay, but I'm too lazy to go buy envelopes and take pictures and type up decent listings and then ship them out when they sell. So I'm going to keep my games. ^___^

And I'm surprised German hasn't been mentioned as an inefficient spelling offender....  :-k
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

rag-time4

Quote from: td741 on 03/18/2008, 09:14 AMMy wife keeps telling me that they tend to change out the Malay spelling of borrowed English words every 4 or 5 years or so...  "Ambulans" for example. :P
Nice example td! I think having just the s makes more sense than also having an e at the end. What's the deal with that? Does it have something to do with the way the non-terminal s used to be written in the old days?

PCEngineHell

Thought you closed your account Kits and left for good,whats the deal ???

nat

PCEngineHell

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 03/18/2008, 07:10 PMDon't hold your breath for a reply, Michael.
Did you already have to ban him?!?  He must've got infected by the validusacoccus asshateus virus.

MissaFX

Tip for Kitsu: When you are going to piss a lot of people off, it is best to do it in a way that will make a few laugh.  Then at least whatever you did can be explained away as antics. :mrgreen:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

guyjin

Darn it, who am I gonna talk about the DS korg synthesizer with now?  :-k

PCEngineHell

Make a second account and have conversations with yourself,it worked for Kits.

Joe Redifer

Hey Guyjin, I recently got a new A-note for my Korg synthesizer DS.  It is incredible.  Way better than those shitty B-notes.  I recommend you upgrade your A-notes ASAP.

guyjin

Yeah, I already upgraded. it's awesome how you can have A flats AND sharps, rather than just B flats.  :dance:

NecroPhile

You need to upgrade and add notes H and J and start making decimalized music.  Instead of the octave, it's the decatave; instead of Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do, it's goes Do Re Mi Fa So La Wo Bo Ti Do.  All instruments will be extra big to incorporate the two new notes.  Triangles will have four sides.  Piano keyboards the length of zebra crossings.  'Course, women will have to be banned from playing the cello.

^ Just for nat.  :)

nat

td741

Quote from: nat on 03/20/2008, 10:51 AMHahaha, let's see if anyone else gets that one.
I'm lazy and this is the first quote I could find:
"Look, we all have something to bring to this discussion. But I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence."