OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Yellowed SNES - interesting article

Started by guyjin, 03/18/2008, 03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

explains the possible causes of the yellowing SNES phenomenon. hint: not necessarily sunlight.

Turbo D

Can you tell me the reason so I don't have to read all of that? [-o<
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

bad mixture of flame retardant + heat + air = yellow.

Joe Redifer

Mainly air (oxygen), I think.  It's definitely not light as only certain pieces of the SNES are affected, such as the top half but not the plastic around the cartridge slot, or the bottom half.  I don't think I've ever seen around the cart slot turn yellow.  They should have made the SNES out of that.  I like how my NES doesn't turn yellow.  They really got cheap with the SNES.

Turbo D

I always knew the snes was retarded  :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

:oops:

oh well, it was almost a year ago.

NecroPhile

No biggie, guyjin.  Few people read every thread and could easily have missed it; even fewer will have remembered reading it last May anyway.  Dang interesting read, nonetheless.

nat

I read it a year ago and I still remember every word.

BANNED!
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

For not sharing the article and making us wait two months for MrFulci's link, I say Moderator, ban thyself!   :D

Kitsunexus

This is one of Benj's best articles.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Dark Fact

And all this time I thought someone took a piss on the SNES... :-"
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Turbo D

Quote from: Dark Fact on 03/25/2008, 04:20 PMAnd all this time I thought someone took a piss on the SNES... :-"
Thats just Nintendo's way of thanking their loyal customers; by pissing on them with cheap materials and crazy flame retardant mixtures :x. I suppose they meant well though  :?.
IMG IMG
IMG