@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

"Super Star Soldier" High Scores

Started by Turbo D, 03/27/2008, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo D

IMG

Here's the official high score thread for Super Star Soldier!

Normal Game
#1 5,494,000 - shubibiman (difficulty normal)
#2 4,737,300 - bust3dstr8 (difficulty normal)
#3 4,703,000 - Sensato Black Lion (difficulty normal)
#4 1,117,800 - Arjak (difficulty normal, stage 6)

2 Minutes Game
#1 511,800 - shubibiman
#2 421,300 - Nat

5 Minutes Game
#1 1,477,000 - shubibiman
#2 1,048,800 - Opethian
#3 549,100 - Arjak
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Hey did you make that banner, turbo? :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

I sure did  :mrgreen: Now I just have to make a high score, lol.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

Are you playing in arcade mode, Turbo?

Turbo D

I sure am, arcade mode rocks!  8) For anyone posting their score, make sure to let us know what mode and difficulty you use.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Lovely banner, turbo D.  I wish that I currently had a copy so I could make a run at the top score; I suppose that I could load it on the ol' flash cart, but that somehow sounds like cheating.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shubibiman

Lovely banner indeed.
Here are my scores :

-5 minutes mode : 1 477 000 pts
-2 minutes mode : 511 800 pts
-Normal mode (difficulty level : normal) : 5 494 000 pts

I have some screenshots as proofs for these but I was too lazy to look for them. ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Sensato Black Lion

Just discovered this game a month ago. Really awesome game. Cleared the game in one life. Woohoo! Gotta find where to die in order to restart at the beginning of Stage 8 in order to score more.

IMG

Arjak

This is the best I've ever done in this game! :D

5 Minute Game: 549,100

Normal Game: 1,117,800 (Stage 6, Normal Difficulty)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

_Paul

Quote from: Sensato Black Lion on 08/10/2009, 11:27 AMJust discovered this game a month ago. Really awesome game. Cleared the game in one life.
I hate people like you :P

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2009, 04:24 AM
Quote from: Sensato Black Lion on 08/10/2009, 11:27 AMJust discovered this game a month ago. Really awesome game. Cleared the game in one life.
I hate people like you :P
Damn! Yeah, most impressive.
IMG

bust3dstr8

After breaking my balls for nearly a month...the bitch gave up teh 1LC.

/dsc02015q.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG

nat

SignOfZeta

I've been trying to beat this game for years and have only gotten as far as the last boss. I'm playing it again and I'll post a high score when I have one.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about clearing it in one life. If you die in this game you are pretty much screwed and may as well start over. When I do finish it I'm pretty sure it will be with one life.
IMG

Opethian

SSS-5min.jpg
5minute calavan!!!
IMG

cabbage

5min calavan: 1 328 200

sss_5m_1328200.jpg

geise

nice cabbage!  I'll have to give it a go this weekend.

NecroPhile

I didn't think to post this here from Ark's contest:

/sssyy.jpg
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

chany60126

Lots of love for Super Star Soldier lately. :P
I too got in on the action. Made it to stage 6 on the normal difficulty. 1,129,400

IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/10/2010, 01:47 AMI've been trying to beat this game for years and have only gotten as far as the last boss. I'm playing it again and I'll post a high score when I have one.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about clearing it in one life. If you die in this game you are pretty much screwed and may as well start over. When I do finish it I'm pretty sure it will be with one life.
Zeta, I apologize for not encouraging you sooner:

You can beat this game. If I am attempting to beat Turrican on TG-16, surely you can beat Super Star Soldier.

Good luck. And never give in. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

fenix

After playing 2 minute game for about an hour and a half....

IMG

cabbage

2 minutes: 494 800
sss_2m_494800.jpg

Quote from: fenix on 08/26/2012, 06:39 PMAfter playing 2 minute game for about an hour and a half....
The caravan modes are very addictive!  :oops:

PunkCryborg

PukeSter

1 Life Clear on Normal Mode: 4,710,600

The difficulty is fair except for the last boss. I can get through the first four phases no problem, but with the Brain it is as if you need to lightning to succeed. The lightning is also hard to get before the fight, and the item ship doesn't always show up.

If anyone has tips for how to tackle the brain with the pea shooter, I'd be obliged.

IMG