OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

A Holiday Celebration Board.

Started by OceanBlueKirby, 04/02/2008, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanBlueKirby

It's now time to put my plan into action! From now on when a holiday is celebrated, it will be written in this topic instead of making separate ones for each. It'll be much more convienient

Today is April Fool's Day, so I can hope that at least the majority of folks have laid down a prank or two to someone else :P. I didn't have much of a chance to, since I was pretty busy for most of the day :(.

I do have an important announcement, though. I will be gone from the forums for quite a while. I need to get things done and set up for my Wii, so I'm afraid I won't be visiting for the time. Plus, I could be playing Blazing Lazers, which might lessen the time even more for here. Goodbye for now...

GOTCHA! APRIL FOOL :mrgreen:!

I will not be TOO busy to be on these forums, at least for the time. I haven't downloaded Blazing Lazers from Virtual Console, either, but the Internet Channel, Lords of Thunder, and Super Mario Bros. (I'll go into more detail on this later). I know this board was made late in the day for me, but at least I was able to make this in time.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Happy belated Fools Day everyone.  This year, I kept the pranks pretty low key.  After a fruitful day of dialing people at random, playing the part of the county coroner, and asking them to come down to identify a body, I went to my girl's place and told her 'we need to talk'.  After a half hour of her asking why, tears, and me explaining that I'm in love with her sister, I could no longer keep a straight face and had to let her in on the joke; the look on her face when I yelled April Fools was priceless.  Good time, good times.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Dark Fact

QuoteHappy belated Fools Day everyone.  This year, I kept the pranks pretty low key.  After a fruitful day of dialing people at random, playing the part of the county coroner, and asking them to come down to identify a body, I went to my girl's place and told her 'we need to talk'.  After a half hour of her asking why, tears, and me explaining that I'm in love with her sister, I could no longer keep a straight face and had to let her in on the joke; the look on her face when I yelled April Fools was priceless.  Good time, good times.
Was the doghouse warm enough for you? :-"
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

OceanBlueKirby

Today is Earth Day in the United States (this holiday was celebrated a month ago in Canada but I'm unsure if it is celebrated anywhere else). This means that it would be a good opportunity to try to do an action that is helpful to save the planet (if desired, of course). What I do/did is turn unplug any appliances that are not in use, and recycle any empty water by putting them in designated bins.

Whole Foods had also annouced that it would initiate the "use-again shopping bags" policy up to this point. Has this been of any success? I have not gone to any food shopping there for quite a while, so I cannot say if it was.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

nat

I try to live as Earth-friendly as I can, all the time. We always use those reusable shopping bags for instance, use "green" paper towels and kitty litter, etc. For me, every day is Earth Day! It's the Earth Century!

Turbo D

I'm like nat; I try to live everyday as earth day  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I decided that since I love the planet, I would not flush any toilets today.  I also refrained from showering, brushing my teeth, washing any clothes, using tissue (just used curtains or my shirt instead), wiping my anus after using the toilet, driving my car to the mailbox (I walked to the end of the driveway from the garage instead).  I also made sure all lights and power wherever I went was shut off at the breaker panel, gave people who used water for any reason a stern lecture about our poor planet and I hugged a polar bear who was stranded on a floating block of ice (yes, I also remembered to hug a tree).  Everyone appreciated these kind gestures from myself and showered with with praise and admiration.  How DARE we use resources from this planet!

Now I want to beat up a hippie.

NecroPhile

Happy belated Earth Day!  Like nat, I try to be kind to Mother Earth every day.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 04/23/2008, 01:46 AMToday is Earth Day in the United States (this holiday was celebrated a month ago in Canada but I'm unsure if it is celebrated anywhere else).
Earth Day is celebrated around the world on the same day. It wouldn't be much of an "Earth Day" if every country celebrated it on different months of the year. :wink:

I declare April 23 Northern Hemisphere Day! We can celebrate all our excesses and consumerism on one special day.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/23/2008, 11:14 AMEarth Day is celebrated around the world on the same day. It wouldn't be much of an "Earth Day" if every country celebrated it on different months of the year. :wink:
Incorrect, sir.  Earth Day for many parts of the world is on the Spring equinox; in the U.S. and many other countries, it's on April 22nd.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2008, 12:48 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/23/2008, 11:14 AMEarth Day is celebrated around the world on the same day. It wouldn't be much of an "Earth Day" if every country celebrated it on different months of the year. :wink:
Incorrect, sir.  Earth Day for many parts of the world is on the Spring equinox; in the U.S. and many other countries, it's on April 22nd.
OK, sir, there are two Earth Days:  one was started by the UN that is celebrated in the northern hemisphere in the spring equinox and in the autumn in the southern hemisphere. The other Earth Day (the more famous Earth Day I think we are actually talking about) is celebrated by 500 million people in 175 countries on April 22nd of every year. These two Earth Days have completely different origins and are celebrated separate from each other. Most countries celebrate the "April 22nd" Earth Day. The equinox Earth Days are a totally different event.

I guess my Northern Hemisphere Day idea wasn't really that far off. Seems like we already have one, but call it "Earth Day". :P In any case, my main point was that Earth Day in Canada is on the 22nd. But, Canada also celebrated the equinox Earth Day last month like Kirby stated, along with the US and Europe and the rest of the Northern Hemisphere.

So, if I haven't confused you by this point, I'll be amazed.  :wink:  Anyway, Happy belated Earth Day!  :mrgreen:

Here's the wiki that explains it much better than I just did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Happy Mother's Day to all.

The time seems to be right to tell of the "family business" I had gone through a few months ago. Some may already be aware of this, but I will state it here in tribute of my own mother. This is a sad circumstance, even on this particular day, which may not be suitable for some to hear:

Two years ago, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, which she had found out from an ulcered one on her left side. She had managed to cope with it in the time. Shortly around Christmas last year, the cancer had gotten worse, causing her to lose her sight and mobility. Shortly after my birthday, which was on January 15th, she was finally  taken to Southern Hills hospital for hopeful treatment. Family members would visit her everyday until she had passed away on March 8 at relatively 8:45 P.M. We returned to New Jersey to put her in the proper burial in the Saint Mary of the Lake church, just as she had requested.

Stating this, I no longer have a mother to celebrate Mother's Day to. No one has to worry about me for this, however, as I've managed to cope with it well.

I know I always do these holiday celebrations at night, but I'm just so busy during the day oftentimes ](*,).  I'll try to do them earlier in the day for now on.

OldRover

I would say to consider yourself lucky. When I think of the woman I was forced to call "mom" growing up, all I think of is hatred and resentment. Whether she is alive or dead is immaterial to me, but I hope for the latter. At least you have good memories to hold onto. Don't let go of them like so many others do.

My wife and I normally do not take part in Hallmark holidays, but we did this year...sort of. I got her a scented oil burner with a horse on it, and we got her mother an African-styled wall hanging.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

Sorry for your loss, Kirby; keep her in your heart and remember all the good times.

Happy belated Mother's Day to the millions of milfs that I know are roaming this forum yet are afraid to join.  :)
I hope y'all said thanks to your mama by sending flowers (or flours, eh nat?), chatting on the phone, giving her smokes during visitation hours, by buying her breakfast, or whatever else sounded like a good idea at the time.

guyjin

Quote from: OldRover on 05/12/2008, 07:50 AMI would say to consider yourself lucky. When I think of the woman I was forced to call "mom" growing up, all I think of is hatred and resentment.
That makes me really thankfull for my mom. Thanks, I guess.  :oops:

Ceti Alpha

Sorry to hear that Kirby. You really seem to have dealt with the loss very maturely. I hope I will be able to handle it as well as you. I've really been starting to think about my parents and how they are starting to get older. They're not sick or even close to unhealthy, but you never know. Anyway, I don't want to think about that right now. :)
IMG

Alt-Nintega

Seriously. what human celebrates, Earth Day???? Neo hippies???

NecroPhile

Quote from: Rad Pope Grafx on 05/12/2008, 06:07 PMSeriously. what human celebrates, Earth Day???? Neo hippies???
If by celebrate you mean throw a party and eat cake, then you might be correct though I'm sure that old hippies could also join the party.  If by celebrate you mean observe, then the answer would be unselfish people that are willing to sacrifice a bit in an effort to preserve precious resources for later generations.

OldRover

QuoteSeriously. what human celebrates, Earth Day???? Neo hippies???
Hippies are usually the ones to destroy things rather than conserve them. They prance around wagging their fingers at everyone else, yet are completely blind to their own wasteful acts and selfish principles.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Joe Redifer

Hippies conserve more water than anyone else since they do not shower.  The world owes its life to hippies.  If it weren't for hippies, the world would have exploded or ended or something like that by now.

Keranu

Hey I recently found out that hippies were responsible for making the government release their super computer technology to the people, from none other than the great Marty Goldberg!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Hobo Xiphas

don't forget that norwegian constitution day is coming up

be sure to eat some lutefisk

Ceti Alpha

Victoria Day is coming up on the 19th of May. It's a week early this year because Easter was so early. Too much time between holidays. I can't wait till this weekend. I need a good rest.
IMG

nat

NecroPhile

Victoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 05/13/2008, 01:30 PMVictoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:
lol!!  :lol: Almost! But I try to avoid the Molson Canadian.  :-& :-&

Schooner/Olands or bust!
IMG

Seriously though, aside from the Hockey Worlds going on in Halifax and Quebec City right now, I'm not watching too much else. All the Canadian teams are gone.  :cry:
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

i was going to mention victoria day but since i am an american who hates royalty i thought i would let one of the queen's subjects do it

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/13/2008, 03:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/13/2008, 01:30 PMVictoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:

Schooner/Olands or bust!  IMG

Seriously though, aside from the Hockey Worlds going on in Halifax and Quebec City right now, I'm not watching too much else. All the Canadian teams are gone.  :cry:
Is that the type of beer that has some considerbly highly hilarious commercials, poking fun at/offending Americans all the while? I have seen some of those advertisements on YouTube, and I have heard that it does taste awful, just as you say, Ceti Alpha. Is it really as bad-tasting as some imply?

Victoria Day is today for Canada, so whatever way folks there choose to celebrate it, I hope it was a fine day for them (especially for my good Canadian friends such as Ceti Alpha and Black Tiger).

Turbo D

Thanx for reminding me Kirby! Now I'm going to grab a beer and celebrate Victoria Day!  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 05/20/2008, 12:22 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/13/2008, 03:04 PM

Schooner/Olands or bust!  IMG

Is that the type of beer that has some considerbly highly hilarious commercials, poking fun at/offending Americans all the while? I have seen some of those advertisements on YouTube, and I have heard that it does taste awful, just as you say, Ceti Alpha. Is it really as bad-tasting as some imply?

Victoria Day is today for Canada, so whatever way folks there choose to celebrate it, I hope it was a fine day for them (especially for my good Canadian friends such as Ceti Alpha and Black Tiger).
lol Kirby. Yeah, Molson has the commercials that make fun of Americans. I think even one of the guys from the Daily Show is doing commercials for them now. Their commercials are sometimes funny, but the beer is awful.

Anyways, I had a good day off, though I feel like I could use another. hehe Thanks for the remembrance of Victoria Day Kirby.  :)
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Ugh. Hopefully, I can be forgiven (especially for myself for being a bit forgetful). Memorial Day was Monday, as was also the Summer Bank Holiday in the United Kingdom. I was with my sister and father for some portion of the morning, then he invited me to dinner with his friend and went to see Iron Man in theaters. Yesterday, I was also helping my sister pack up her belongings (which she is moving to Utah near Salt Lake City), so those circumstances may have caused to post the holiday celebration here to slip my mind. I'll try my best to remember to do so for now on.

guyjin

For my memorial day, we wandered around soutwest Iowa, leaving fake flowers on graves and visiting with old folks.

Not the most exciting holiday ever, but that's the way we've always done it.

NecroPhile

Happy Hug Your Cat Day, everyone.  I prefer to stroke the cat, but there's no holiday for that yet.

Turbo D

I better go hug my cats then  :) I had no idea that it was hug your cat day  :lol:
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

It wasn't, today is.

Necromancer is from the future. The future, I say!

Turbo D

I was too lazy to hug them yesterday anyways, lol. I'll go outside later today and find them.
IMG IMG
IMG

Turbo D

happy national donut day!  :lol: wtf? Ya, you heard right! Its national donut day. Now, go out and have a donut! I know I won't. Los Angeles is the the donut capital of the world, there are nearly 900 donut shops here!
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

900 donut shops in LA? and here I thought the city was populated by anorexics.

Turbo D

thats what i heard on the news! I live in the suberbs of LA county. There are at least around 10 - 15 donut shops in my town. I don't like to go to downtown too much. The traffic there is terrible and there are a lot of bums. There are these streets where there are like 100 bums or more on the sidewalks living in tents and stuff. Its really terrible, lol. Did i mention the terrible traffic? I got my van towed while I was at the Japan arcade in little tokyo!  :x damn addicting initial d 4 arcade! I was playing that thing for a good hour!
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 06/06/2008, 07:39 PM900 donut shops in LA? and here I thought the city was populated by anorexics.
..... and cops, which explains the donut shops.  :wink:

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OceanBlueKirby

Hm...Hug Your Cat and National Donut Day...I wasn't really aware of them...This board was primarily made to celebrate major holidays (or ones that are marked on any calendar), but if others choose, they can celebrate the smaller ones here too (just to inform that I'm allowing them).

OceanBlueKirby

Today is Flag Day here in the United States. This day was made in honor of, in 1777, congress's adoption of The Stars and Stripes as a symbol of the nation (source: Answers.com's entry on the subject). I hope this day was enjoyable for many, no matter what was done (I myself had went to see Kung Fu Panda today, and I've quite enjoyed it, too).

Tomorrow is also Father's Day. May the dads have a nice day, as well, for the holiday made specially for them (mine may want to relax a lot, and I'll make him a card to him, too).

Ceti Alpha

Today is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks in the audience.  :mrgreen:
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/01/2008, 10:46 AMToday is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks in the audience.  :mrgreen:
I prefer Happy Dominion Day (for all the DS9 fans).  Crack open a Molson and have a nice day, eh?

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/01/2008, 10:55 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/01/2008, 10:46 AMToday is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks in the audience.  :mrgreen:
I prefer Happy Dominion Day (for all the DS9 fans).  Crack open a Molson and have a nice day, eh?
right back at ya ceti :D spending with the family by the pool.... well its my daughters 5 foot blow up pool but im sure i will be in there with her as well!!! :D enjoy the day.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2008, 10:55 AM
That's pre-1982, but for the sake of DS9 that's what I'm going to refer Canada Day as for now on. hehe
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

It's appreciated that you were able to tell everyone of Canada Day, Ceti Alpha. May all of the Canadians be wished well for the day of their countrie's speciality. I hope that everyone had a good day today, too.