Found early screenshots of the upcoming PS3/360 Splatterhouse game.

Started by Alt-Nintega, 05/02/2008, 06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

you sure that's a pic from actual gameplay, or just a cinema?

Rainbow_Bright

Graphics thesedays just don't hit the spot for me, I'd rather splatterhouse on my sexy engine.

jboypacman

Looks nice but i will stick with the PC Engine/T-16 versions.

Ceti Alpha

I'm going to reserve judgment until more gameplay footage is released. But from these shots it looks like a lot of other new gen games. I hope Rick isn't that big throughout the entire game. I'm also not huge on how the mast has evolved. I know the original mask was just a Friday the 13th rip off, but that's why I liked it so much. lol Anyway, that's something I could easily get over.

It goes without saying that in the end I'll probably prefer the original, but you never know. I could see playing this on the Wii being fun. Imagine swingin' that big stick with the Wiimote? If I ever do play this game it will be on the Wii.

So, I just noticed on that screenshot page that it's only listed as coming out for the PS3 and the 360.  :roll: The other article only mentioned that it was coming out for the Wii.  :-k
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Alt-Nintega

Man a new Splatterhouse is finally coming out and fans are already not giving it a chance because it isn't 2D.   ](*,)

I am not saying the game automatically is must have because of the screenshots alone. I am just happy Namco and BottleRocket (they made Mark of Kri and its sequel Rise of the Kasai for PS2) are keeping it as a action brawler like Splatterhouse 3 for Genesis not some Resident Evil or Manhunt clone.

Sure lots of awesome game series had made awful transitions from 2D to 3D (Contra, Castlevania, Sonic, Final Fight, Earthworm Jim) but not all of them turn out that way. Xbox Ninja Gaiden proved that.

Ceti Alpha

Oh, I'm not crapping on it. I don't want to let myself get too excited, or let myself get too jaded at the same time. All I have to say is that this better come out for the Wii. This game seems like it would be made for the Wii.
IMG

nat

Yeah, no shit. Not bringing this game to the Wii would be a huge mistake.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

It's too 'adult' for the Wii.  ](*,)

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/02/2008, 09:07 AMI hope Rick isn't that big throughout the entire game.
Agreed; I hope that's just Rick's mutant form or something along those lines.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/02/2008, 11:07 AMIt's too 'adult' for the Wii.  ](*,)

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/02/2008, 09:07 AMI hope Rick isn't that big throughout the entire game.
Agreed; I hope that's just Rick's mutant form or something along those lines.
If the new game is awesome, I could care less how Rick looks.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/02/2008, 11:07 AMIt's too 'adult' for the Wii.  ](*,)
Really? The GameCube got into Resident Evil and stuff like that. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't release Splatterhouse. My friend just told me he just got a new game for the Wii (ugh, I forget the name of it.. ](*,)), but when I showed him the screenshots of Splatterhouse he said that it was in the same vein.
IMG

NecroPhile

Sorry, ceti, I should've elaborated on that a bit.  I meant that the perception of all things Nintendo is that they are for kids and not for 'serious' gamers.  I hope the Wii does get the new Splatterhouse, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, as they may believe that it wouldn't sell very well.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

In case you guys haven't noticed, Namco has always prefered making games on Sony systems after their PC Engine days.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/02/2008, 12:20 PMSorry, ceti, I should've elaborated on that a bit.  I meant that the perception of all things Nintendo is that they are for kids and not for 'serious' gamers.  I hope the Wii does get the new Splatterhouse, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, as they may believe that it wouldn't sell very well.
Oh no, I totally know what you mean though. It wouldn't exactly surprise me if Nintendo decided against it because of the violence. It was just be completely lame if they chose to do that since they have the original Splatterhouse on the TG VC. hehe Seriously though, the original Splatterhouse was considered "extreme" BITD, but the new Splatterhouse isn't breaking any new gore ground - I don't think that is possible anymore.

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/02/2008, 12:36 PMIn case you guys haven't noticed, Namco has always prefered making games on Sony systems after their PC Engine days.
That's a shame if true.
IMG

nectarsis

The problem I have looking at the article is that it could almost be any of the modern 3rd person game (Devil May Cry, etc. etc).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/02/2008, 01:34 PMThe problem I have looking at the article is that it could almost be any of the modern 3rd person game (Devil May Cry, etc. etc).
I completely agree nec. It would have been cool if they kept the graphics somewhat retro. I don't know, but just something to distinguish it from all the other 3rd person games. I hate crapping all over something over a few unfinished screenshots, but you can clearly see where it's going.
IMG

guyjin

which is exactly why the Wii NEEDS this game.

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/02/2008, 12:36 PMIn case you guys haven't noticed, Namco has always prefered making games on Sony systems after their PC Engine days.
Aw, crap.

Keranu

Well I certainly like the extra gorey and dark scary style to this game. This screenshot is especially creepy, I've always found revealed muscular systems to be scariest thing imaginable. But yeah, it just lacks the style of the original somehow. Might be good, but like ceti I will have to wait for gameplay footage (and I also hope Rick doesn't look like a big dumbass the whole game too!).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Quote from: cetiThis game seems like it would be made for the Wii.
Why?  The Wii is for children and grandparents.  The target audience for this game probably don't own too many Wiis.  People want to see games like this have actual detail in the graphics.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Keranu on 05/09/2008, 12:21 AMWell I certainly like the extra gorey and dark scary style to this game. This screenshot is especially creepy, I've always found revealed muscular systems to be scariest thing imaginable. But yeah, it just lacks the style of the original somehow. Might be good, but like ceti I will have to wait for gameplay footage (and I also hope Rick doesn't look like a big dumbass the whole game too!).

Whoa the body damage is awesome!