OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What do you drive…

Started by Sparky, 05/14/2008, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gundarN

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/07/2010, 06:51 PMRE: the Celica All Trac/GTFour, whatever its called.
Celica 4WD Turbo: Carlos Sainz Edition.

Considerably closer than the standard GT-Four anyway, while obviously not as tuned as the Rally version.

"In racing series that are "production-based" (that is, the vehicles entered in the series are based on production vehicles for sale to the public), homologation requires not only compliance with a racing series' technical guidelines (for example, engine displacement, chassis construction, suspension design and such) but it often includes minimum levels of sales to ensure that vehicles are not designed and produced solely for racing in that series. Since such vehicles are primarily intended for the race track, practical use on public roads is generally a secondary design consideration, so long as government regulations are met."

Good enough for me.

BlueBMW

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/07/2010, 01:37 PMSure I'll race you, Although I'm pretty far from Tennessee. do you see a lot of old ford trucks like mine down there?
None that look that nice lol.  I'm sorry to say... there are a lot of trucks in Tennessee and most of them are junk.  If they're not junk, then they're lifted to the sky with no cats and black smoke everywhere...  And the locals wonder why our air quality is so poor...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Daihatsu Mira Limited, in purdy princess purple.  Feel free to laugh, though in truth it's not mine,
company car.  And a free car with free insurance beats everything else in my opinion. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

Anyone who has actually seen both a WRC car and the car on which it was based, in person, knows there is a huge difference between the two. Your car is nice, but it won't do 0-60 in 4 seconds, and it won't jump 5' dirt hills at 100mph and keep going like nothing ever happened. That's OK because you couldn't afford the WRC car. Not only are the shocks on a car like this $3000 per wheel, but they require a full time engineer from Penske or Ohlins or whoever to be on site just to tell you how to adjust them. Also, the anti-lag systems on WRC cars are louder than bombs and shoot fire from the exhaust, they are very hard to drive slow, and the road noise is fierce since there is no carpet or padding.

In the Group B era, where there were "evolution" versions of rally cars (technically) for sale you could, kind of, made the case that the road car and the competition version were similar, but not with something like this. The only overlapping parts are the shell and the block, maybe the suspension uprights, and the lights...maybe the blinker knob. However the head, the turbo, the ECU, all the manifolds, the control arms, springs, shocks, bushings, the entire brake system, all of the transmission and diffs (maybe not the case, but certainly the guts) and prop shafts, and all of the interior are either HEAVILY reworked or thrown out completely. And since this was the last Toyota WRC car (due to them being banned for cheating) there may have been even more than that done to it.

If its 'good enough for you', that's fine, that's what the Toyota marketing people want you to think. That's why they go racing in the first place, to sell cars, but...its all bullshit.
IMG

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/07/2010, 04:08 PMI don't want to take the chance of getting stuck behind a slow-moving truck. 
Slow moving? You got to be kidding me, just because it's a truck don't mean its slow, It'll outrun any average car and a lot of above average cars. This just shows how little you know about cars, but to each his own.

BlueBMW

My car is slow in a straight line but amazing on tight turns.  You barely have to brake... it just turns.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

Damn dude, take offense much?

Keranu

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/07/2010, 11:51 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/07/2010, 04:08 PMI don't want to take the chance of getting stuck behind a slow-moving truck.
Slow moving? You got to be kidding me, just because it's a truck don't mean its slow, It'll outrun any average car and a lot of above average cars. This just shows how little you know about cars, but to each his own.
I can take on anyone in my Keith Courage truck.

lazerdorks.org/images/keithtruck.jpeg
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

SignOfZeta

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/07/2010, 08:29 PMDaihatsu Mira Limited, in purdy princess purple.  Feel free to laugh, though in truth it's not mine,
company car.  And a free car with free insurance beats everything else in my opinion. :)
This is a LIE! I happen to know that SuperDeadite was offered the same Audi A6 that everyone else in his company drives, but he insisted on the purple Mira because it was "だいすき!!", or some such shit.
IMG

SuperDeadite

I've never even seen an Audi in this country.  They did offer me an RX-7 but it had a Canadian flag on it, so **** that!
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

I see some Audis here an there.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

1988 Toyota Camry LE Station Wagon.

shits so cash.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2010, 06:05 AM1988 Toyota Camry LE Station Wagon.

shits so cash.
Pics?

Sparky

Quote from: gundarN on 08/07/2010, 04:24 PM/misc/car.jpg
Had it 11 years, and there's nothing like four wheel drive and a turbo for sucking petrol.
And even with a child seat in it too.
i love the looks of this man!!! keep that wax flowing on her!!!
I dont see that much on the road... well here in canada  :oops:

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/08/2010, 04:42 AM....They did offer me an RX-7 but it had a Canadian flag on it, so **** that!
You bastard :P

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/07/2010, 11:51 PMSlow moving? You got to be kidding me, just because it's a truck don't mean its slow, It'll outrun any average car and a lot of above average cars. This just shows how little you know about cars, but to each his own.
come on lets all put our dicks back in our pants....<<unzips>> my saturn is not fast but it will never rust so go lick my tires :P

77FordTruckMan

it may not rust, but it will crack and eventually just crumble into dust. which is better, a dent that can be easily pulled out or a crack where you have to replace an entire door or whatever was hit? Both my parents drive Saturns and one time a drunk guy in an old Bronco ran up over the neighbors porch and hit both of their Saturns while they were just sitting in the driveway. My Dad's Saturn was totaled and my Mom's needed the whole trunk replaced. Damage to the old Bronco? A broken headlight and maybe a dent, that's it!

blueraven

I drive lots of things.

Quote from: Keranu on 08/08/2010, 02:36 AM
Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/07/2010, 11:51 PM
I can take on anyone in my Keith Courage truck.
/keithtruck.jpeg
hahahhahHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2010, 09:51 AMcome on lets all put our dicks back in our pants....<<unzips>> my saturn is not fast but it will never rust so go lick my tires :P
YOUR CADILLAC AIN'T NO HIPPER THAN MY BUS STOP

Sparky

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/08/2010, 04:08 PMit may not rust, but it will crack and eventually just crumble into dust. which is better, a dent that can be easily pulled out or a crack where you have to replace an entire door or whatever was hit? Both my parents drive Saturns and one time a drunk guy in an old Bronco ran up over the neighbors porch and hit both of their Saturns while they were just sitting in the driveway. My Dad's Saturn was totaled and my Mom's needed the whole trunk replaced. Damage to the old Bronco? A broken headlight and maybe a dent, that's it!
I have been in an accident with 1 of my saturns... and a fender got cracked... body kept its shape & the crack was barely noticeable so no repairs for me :)
hey i love my Saturn like you love your truck... lets just hug it out <<opens arms>> :P

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2010, 08:56 PM
Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/08/2010, 04:08 PMit may not rust, but it will crack and eventually just crumble into dust. which is better, a dent that can be easily pulled out or a crack where you have to replace an entire door or whatever was hit? Both my parents drive Saturns and one time a drunk guy in an old Bronco ran up over the neighbors porch and hit both of their Saturns while they were just sitting in the driveway. My Dad's Saturn was totaled and my Mom's needed the whole trunk replaced. Damage to the old Bronco? A broken headlight and maybe a dent, that's it!
I have been in an accident with 1 of my saturns... and a fender got cracked... body kept its shape & the crack was barely noticeable so no repairs for me :)
hey i love my Saturn like you love your truck... lets just hug it out <<opens arms>> :P
Same thing happened to my Saturn SL1 when I (accidentally) hit a deer. The only damage the dear caused was a crack in the plastic next to one of the headlights, not very noticeable. I did bust one of my tires too but I think that was from scrapping against the curb. Great long lasting cars from every owner I've talked to.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

BlueBMW

I repair my BMW as often as I repair my Turbo Duo... <sigh>

NecroPhile

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/07/2010, 11:51 PMSlow moving? You got to be kidding me, just because it's a truck don't mean its slow, It'll outrun any average car and a lot of above average cars. This just shows how little you know about cars, but to each his own.
Have you ever taken your truck to the track to see what it runs?  I can't see a mildly modified 335 on skinny Radial TAs even being able to break into the 15s.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2010, 08:56 PM
Alright, no hard feelings, one thing we can agree on is that the Pc Engine rules!

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2010, 11:28 AM
Have you ever taken your truck to the track to see what it runs?  I can't see a mildly modified 335 on skinny Radial TAs even being able to break into the 15s.
It's not a 335, it's a 351, no I haven't taken it to a track, I'm not saying it'll outrun a Ferrari or anything, But it is a lot faster than anything else I've ever driven, if I open the 4 barrels when entering the highway, I'm doing around 90 by the end of the short ramp, the speedometer only goes to 85mph but I've had it wrapped around to the 0 which is probably around 100-110mph.

NecroPhile

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/09/2010, 02:03 PMIt's not a 335, it's a 351
Hmmm..... perhaps you're not as knowledgeable about cars as you think - the 351M is part of the 335 engine family (Ford never sold a 335cid engine).  That's okay, though, you can keep living your life a quarter mile at a time, hauling ass with all of maybe 200 ponies, pulling .5g (or less) around corners, and laying down stopping distances that would make a 747 pilot's butt pucker.  :P

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

I'm jealous of the snow....  No snow where I live now.  Grew up in Colorado and miss it!

Your car will probably outlast most of the rest of our cars.  Those old camrys just dont die.

Sparky

hahahha, nice Ark... the mini grocery getter.... and looky at the snow, where the fruck do you live Canada?

Arkhan Asylum

I live in Ohio!

that snow was from like, february when I took the photo.

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmm..... perhaps you're not as knowledgeable about cars as you think - the 351M is part of the 335 engine family (Ford never sold a 335cid engine).  That's okay, though, you can keep living your life a quarter mile at a time, hauling ass with all of maybe 200 ponies, pulling .5g (or less) around corners, and laying down stopping distances that would make a 747 pilot's butt pucker.  :P
Hey, I never said I was that knowledgeable and hey it's more fun that way. gonna have to make a video one of these days.

SignOfZeta

What is "mini" about a Camry wagon?
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/09/2010, 11:32 PMWhat is "mini" about a Camry wagon?
Compare it to a 60's/70's Olds Custom Cruiser, a Caprice/Buick Roadmaster, Mercury Colony Park, etc, etc.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

What the flying fuck does "shits so cash" mean?  Kids these days and their phats and their bads and their sicks.  /get off my lawn!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/09/2010, 11:32 PMWhat is "mini" about a Camry wagon?
yes when stuck next to any American made station wagon, it sho' am tiny.

My dads friend has a vista cruiser.  Shit would destroy my camry lol... and our old caprice classic wagon was 2x bigger.

I like it though.  I blast depeche mode and putz along down the highway

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/10/2010, 12:25 AMWhat the flying fuck does "shits so cash" mean?  Kids these days and their phats and their bads and their sicks.  /get off my lawn!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shit%20was%20SO%20cash

Joe Redifer

I bet you used to say "the bomb", too!  People in the future are laughing at "shit so cash" right now and the people who used it.  And we all know that people in the future are better, just like we're better than those people who said "gnarly".  Though "gnarly" is kind of funny.

SignOfZeta

"American made station wagon". I barely remember those. My mom had a Fairmont wagon 20 year ago, and it was a decade old even then. It was about the same size as the Camry wagon, Accord wagon, Taurus wagon, or Saturn wagon. I don't consider any of these cars "mini" since the largest thing I've ever owned was a Jetta (non-wagon).

These days all the wagons you can buy in the US are German. Too bad, wagons are great.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2010, 01:46 AMThese days all the wagons you can buy in the US are German. Too bad, wagons are great.
Thats not true anymore.  Dodge Caliber and Magnum are like beefed up wagons...

and the Toyota matrix!  the Ford fiesta (lol), Subaru Impreza, Ford Flex i guess is like a mutant wagon....

all a station wagon is , is a sedan with the trunk included in the rest of the cabin, with a hatchback.   They have alot of them now.  They're not all that great, but they are basically the same as station wagons of the late 80s/early to mid 90s.

nectarsis

The Magnum has been dead for a bit now.  Caliber is more a hatchback (as is the Matrix)...Ford Fiesta even smaller.  The Subaru's have wagons (Impreza, Forester, Legacy/Outback), and I totally agree on the Flex lol ...bastard child of a wagon and suv.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SignOfZeta

Nothing you mentioned was a wagon except for the Magnum, and that's dead. A Fiesta is a hatchback, totally. Not a wagon at all.

A wagon is generally an optional version of an existing sedan. The Jetta, Audi A4, Merc E class, BMW 5 series...Camry, Fairmont...there are (or were) wagon versions of all of these. There was a wagon version of the Focus (and a hatchback, and a sedan) but they dropped then when the Mk1 was discontinued.
IMG

NecroPhile

I liked the looks of the Mazda 6 wagon, but they stopped selling it with the redesign.  :|

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2010, 01:46 AMThese days all the wagons you can buy in the US are German.
Don't forget the wagons from Volvo, Subaru, and Cadillac.

Sparky

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2010, 01:46 AM"American made station wagon". I barely remember those. My mom had a Fairmont wagon 20 year ago, and it was a decade old even then. It was about the same size as the Camry wagon, Accord wagon, Taurus wagon, or Saturn wagon. I don't consider any of these cars "mini" since the largest thing I've ever owned was a Jetta (non-wagon).

These days all the wagons you can buy in the US are German. Too bad, wagons are great.
i mentioned mini because this is what i compared it to which my dad drove back in 85... now that's a fucking wagon!!!
http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/1985_Pontiac_Parisienne.html

Also... have you ever noticed that station wagons like this 1 were used a lot in the movies? especially in the 90s... a  great getaway car and big enough for big scene dialogue for camera and crew... just a silly drunken observation :P

77FordTruckMan

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2010, 05:07 PM
What it lacks in horsepower it makes up for in torque, the 351m is a high torque engine made for towing and hauling.

77FordTruckMan

I saw an old AMC Eagle the other day, that's a different looking wagon. Kind of neat actually http://www.carlustblog.com/2008/03/car-lust--amc-e.html

NecroPhile

Quote from: 77FordTruckMan on 08/10/2010, 12:19 PMWhat it lacks in horsepower it makes up for in torque, the 351m is a high torque engine made for towing and hauling.
Yeah, 260ish ft/lbs stock and I'll be generous and say 300 ft/lbs with a 4bbl and full exhaust, which is roughly equivalent to a 351 powered eighth-gen f150.  Woohoo, feel the power and speed of blistering mid eights to 60 and 16s in the quarter!

blueraven

I drive a green 1995 Ford Ranger XLT with a tool rack and a toolbox. It's a work truck so it's not pretty, but it has zero rust and decent paint. I got it with a swapped 70k mile 3.0 Vulcan v6 engine, the body has 125K. The previous owner ran the first engine out of oil, and I had to fix it (dead alternator, dead ICM) before I drove it home. I replaced the entire cooling system last summer, and put a seat in it from the junkyard, because it had a milk crate for a seat when I got it, and his dog had eaten away the passenger side bench. I replaced all 4 turn signal assemblies, the back windshield, and had to drop the gas tank to fix the emissions leaks for my CA smog inspection. I put a lifetime set of shocks, a new battery and 4 new tires on it 2 years ago, And the AC kit will go in sometime in the next few weeks when I have time to install it (100+ days are all too common in the valley). 

It's not "Kickass" and it sure wont run 16's, in fact, its a fucking slug with 185 horse and a flat torque-curve of 180 ft/lbs of torque. The upside? I've had it for 4 years, no payment, It's reliable as hell, gets 25.5 highway (OD Automatic), the engine is near-indestructible and has loading zone plates which have avoided me soooo many parking tickets in this state.

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SignOfZeta

Quote from: blueraven on 08/10/2010, 02:20 PMI drive a green 1995 Ford Ranger XLT with a tool rack and a toolbox. It's a work truck so it's not pretty, but it has zero rust and decent paint. I got it with a swapped 70k mile 3.0 Vulcan v6 engine, the body has 125K. The previous owner ran the first engine out of oil, and I had to fix it (dead alternator, dead ICM) before I drove it home. I replaced the entire cooling system last summer, and put a seat in it from the junkyard, because it had a milk crate for a seat when I got it, and his dog had eaten away the passenger side bench. I replaced all 4 turn signal assemblies, the back windshield, and had to drop the gas tank to fix the emissions leaks for my CA smog inspection. I put a lifetime set of shocks, a new battery and 4 new tires on it 2 years ago, And the AC kit will go in sometime in the next few weeks when I have time to install it (100+ days are all too common in the valley). 
Damn, that truck has had a really hard life for only being a 95!
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guesti mentioned mini because this is what i compared it to which my dad drove back in 85... now that's a fucking wagon!!!
I'm quite familiar with that car. Before this ridiculous SUV fad hit, cars like this were very popular in my part of the country. There are even wagons bigger than this, like the early 90s Caprice, or the Ford LTD Country Squire which was HUUUUUGE. That doesn't make the Camry wagon small though, it just makes the GM ones huge. The Camry is a 3000 lb car that seats 5 and has an optional V6 engine. It just isn't a small car. Its not even below average.

A "mini" wagon would be something like:

grab.by/5PTN

or

grab.by/5PTv
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2010, 02:52 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 08/10/2010, 02:20 PMI drive a green 1995 Ford Ranger XLT with a tool rack and a toolbox. It's a work truck so it's not pretty, but it has zero rust and decent paint. I got it with a swapped 70k mile 3.0 Vulcan v6 engine, the body has 125K. The previous owner ran the first engine out of oil, and I had to fix it (dead alternator, dead ICM) before I drove it home. I replaced the entire cooling system last summer, and put a seat in it from the junkyard, because it had a milk crate for a seat when I got it, and his dog had eaten away the passenger side bench. I replaced all 4 turn signal assemblies, the back windshield, and had to drop the gas tank to fix the emissions leaks for my CA smog inspection. I put a lifetime set of shocks, a new battery and 4 new tires on it 2 years ago, And the AC kit will go in sometime in the next few weeks when I have time to install it (100+ days are all too common in the valley). 
Damn, that truck has had a really hard life for only being a 95!
It sure has, but I've finally worked all of the kinks out of it. The previous owner ran it through the ringer, thats why I got it so cheap :mrgreen:

SignOfZeta

When I got my Miata it looked like someone had lit it on fire. $7000 later, and its much better!
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/10/2010, 03:06 PM
Quote from: guesti mentioned mini because this is what i compared it to which my dad drove back in 85... now that's a fucking wagon!!!
I'm quite familiar with that car. Before this ridiculous SUV fad hit, cars like this were very popular in my part of the country. There are even wagons bigger than this, like the early 90s Caprice, or the Ford LTD Country Squire which was HUUUUUGE. That doesn't make the Camry wagon small though, it just makes the GM ones huge. The Camry is a 3000 lb car that seats 5 and has an optional V6 engine. It just isn't a small car. Its not even below average.
Ever try to actually seat 5 averaged sized white boys in a camry wagon?  It aint a fun time.

It fits in the compact-car parking spots at work.  That makes it tiny.

My friends are big(fat) and when they get in the camry, I cringe.  They barely make it.

BlueBMW

My car looks great but if you examine it closer you can tell its been hit in the front rear and underneath lol