OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

I beat Butcher Bay back when it was originally released. Still own it for PC too. I am pretty sure it was around the time I was running a Socket 754 Athlon 64 and a Geforce 6800 AGP unlocked via a bios flash. Those were some good times back then...

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2014, 02:25 PM
Quote from: Nando on 03/03/2014, 11:57 AMGOT ONE!

Go it this weekend, from Rob Ivy.

IMG
What a pretty little thing! I love the look of the Super Fami. Mine has slightly started to yellow on the bottom half of the shell. I may pick up another in better condition at some point.
Mathius, hold on to your money BROOOOOOOOO!!!
Yellow Super Famicom Hydrogen Peroxide Treatment

Ninja Spirit

Always wanted this complete. Now I have TWO copies.
IMG

I need a case for this badly, even a custom. That's what I get for not reading the eBay description hard enough.....BUT THE MANUAL, MAPS AND THE CD LOOKED SO DANG KLEEEEEEEEN!!!! lol
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 03/25/2014, 09:53 AMAlways wanted this complete. Now I have TWO copies.
IMG
I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of that for years...always get out-sniped.

Any interest in selling your extra copy? :)

Mathius

Nando

Quote from: Mathius on 03/25/2014, 12:47 PMLagrange Point! I am jelly.
I had no idea what I was looking up, and then I found this.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/lagrangepoint/lagrangepoint.htm

Some awesome interesting tidbits, the music for one.

Mathius

Quote from: Nando on 03/25/2014, 02:42 PM

That was the very article that educated me way back when. :)

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 03/25/2014, 09:53 AMAlways wanted this complete. Now I have TWO copies.
IMG

I need a case for this badly, even a custom. That's what I get for not reading the eBay description hard enough.....BUT THE MANUAL, MAPS AND THE CD LOOKED SO DANG KLEEEEEEEEN!!!! lol
IMG
Congrats man i have those games as well cib to.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Nando on 03/25/2014, 02:42 PM

The graphics look amazing.  I love the monster art.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/25/2014, 12:16 PM
IMG
I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of that for years...always get out-sniped.

Any interest in selling your extra copy? :)
It's loose. Do you mind?

jeffhlewis

Damn...I'm a stickler for completes. Not for collectard reasons I can assure you.

Thanks for offering though!

bob

god, i soooo wanted Night Creatures to be good.

Nando

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2014, 05:39 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/27/2014, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Nando on 03/27/2014, 02:20 PMIs it?
It's better than Energy
so wrong. Energy is playable, night creatures is pure trash
The best thing about Night Creatures is the cover art.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

I thought the graphics had a great atmosphere.  Judged book by its cover.

bob

neutopia 2 loosie today.  cant wait until it arrives.

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 03/28/2014, 01:14 AMneutopia 2 loosie today.  cant wait until it arrives.
Psyche yourself up by watching Turbo View's review of Neutopia 2. If you've already watched it then, well, watch it again. :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mathius on 03/28/2014, 01:23 AM
Quote from: galam on 03/28/2014, 01:14 AMneutopia 2 loosie today.  cant wait until it arrives.
Psyche yourself up by watching Turbo View's review of Neutopia 2. If you've already watched it then, well, watch it again. :)
Yes. Any time I get a new Turbo game, I watch the Turbo Views Review of it again, if there is one. :3
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/28/2014, 02:34 AM
Yes. Any time I get a new Turbo game, I watch the Turbo Views Review of it again, if there is one. :3
I do this as well :D

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 03/29/2014, 03:29 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/28/2014, 02:34 AM
I do this as well :D
Yesss!
IMG

Bernie

Picked this up last night via an estate sale/auction on eBay.  I was looking for an extra CD unit, and this one was perfect.  All I plan to keep is the CD ROM2 itself, everything else will be cleaned/tested and offered up here in the forums at some point. 

/SDC11713.JPG

geise

Damn Bernie!  Nice catch man!  Game on! :dance:

Ninja Spirit

Falcom Classics II, with Ys II and Tombs and Treasure

/1901387_10203200518635812_161560663_n.jpg

Bernie

How much of the Saturn Japanese RPG games, are actually in English?  They seem to have quite a few I would like to get, IF I can actually play them...

NecroPhile

Picked up Twisted Metal: Head-On and Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake for the PSP.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jtucci31

I've started Obeying today. Bought the region and video modded system which came with Keith Courage and 3x3 Eyes from CrackTiger, who rules! I'm having so much fun already

IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 03/31/2014, 06:11 PMI've started Obeying today. Bought the region and video modded system which came with Keith Courage and 3x3 Eyes from Black Tiger, who rules! I'm having so much fun already

IMG
Congrats! That Duo R looks really nice. Enjoy it, I remember how awesome it was when I got my first Duo!

Mathius

Duo-Rs are one sexy console! 99% of NEC consoles are though. :)

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 03/31/2014, 08:44 PMDuo-Rs are one sexy console! 99% of NEC consoles are though. :)
What is the 1%?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/31/2014, 08:50 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/31/2014, 08:44 PMDuo-Rs are one sexy console! 99% of NEC consoles are though. :)
What is the 1%?
I'm honestly not too hot on the Shuttle.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 03/31/2014, 08:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/31/2014, 08:50 PM
What is the 1%?
I'm honestly not too hot on the Shuttle.
Damn. I don't mind the console as much as I mind the weird looking controller

EvilEvoIX

I'll say, I lie awake at night just staring at mine.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

HailingTheThings

IMG

SamIAm

Gya ha ha!!

I found an unboxed Duo RX at a shop for 7000 yen today and bought it on the spot!

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

So I read something about prices in Japan going up because of Taxes, how does this affect the import bidness?

SamIAm

Sales tax increased from 5% to 8% on April 1st.

However, it's technically a "consumption tax" and only applies to goods being consumed in Japan.

So anyone purchasing Japanese goods outside of Japan is supposed to be unaffected.

Nando

Quote from: SamIAm on 04/01/2014, 11:17 AMSales tax increased from 5% to 8% on April 1st.

However, it's technically a "consumption tax" and only applies to goods being consumed in Japan.

So anyone purchasing Japanese goods outside of Japan is supposed to be unaffected.
OUCH! is that for everything? food, clothing etc? Sucks to live in JP , damn.

No doubt we'll see some prices rise overall.

SamIAm

Yes, it's for everything. It's going to go up to 10% in October 2015, too.

I'll have to resist going off on a full tangent, but the government needs it. Japan's debt level is the worst in the world, at over 200% of the country's GDP and over 20x its yearly tax revenue, plus the government has spent more than twice what it's brought in for several years in a row. Everybody knows that a currency crisis is coming, it's just a question of when.

The good news is, if the yen tanks, the cost of imports will plummet for US gamers.

And so, back to games.

Nando

Quote from: SamIAm on 04/01/2014, 12:18 PMYes, it's for everything. It's going to go up to 10% in October 2015, too.

I'll have to resist going off on a full tangent, but the government needs it. Japan's debt level is the worst in the world, at over 200% of the country's GDP and over 20x its yearly tax revenue, plus the government has spent more than twice what it's brought in for several years in a row. Everybody knows that a currency crisis is coming, it's just a question of when.

The good news is, if the yen tanks, the cost of imports will plummet for US gamers.

And so, back to games.
Yay for games?

I'd hate to see what will come of Japan, once the US is no longer able to protect it form its neighbors. Add to that a shrinking population and no real sustainable energy propositions, they are gonna go the way of the elfs!

Psycho Punch

My nes frontloader just arrived... what a shitty connector. Funny thing is that if I slap the top of the console the cart makes a perfect connection with the slot or something like that and it stays forever until I remove the game, it's more funny than my old PS1 that needed to be upside down to work lol.

When it arrived I first saw the Double Dribble cartridge, when I saw the "PAL-B" written on it's label I said "OH SHIT" really loud lol. Luckily the console was NTSC, the seller just removed the CIC check from the console. At least I think it is NTSC, but unless he changed the motherboard inside the console that's unlikely. Do you guys know how can I be sure?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

I used my head to find out if my nes is US version: I just saw what signal the console was uploading, it turns out that it was PAL-M. Nintendo officially distributed the US NES here with an onboard PAL-M image signal transcoder. :)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Ninja Spirit

Ohhhh that Ghostbusters II.....I bet the price rose higher since Harold Ramis died huh? Or would it take Bill Murray for that to happen?

xcrement5x

IMG
2014-03-31 Thrift Finds
First a bunch of random stuff I found at the thrift shop this weekend.  Nothing too amazing.  DJ Hero seems pretty kludgy to me. 

DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle.  Complete with turntable, connection dongle, PS3 game, and quick start guide.
Nascar 99 [N64]
Tetris 2 [GB]
Wall-E [PS2]
Van Helsing [PS2]
Clear Blue PSOne SCPH-110 Controller

IMG
Arc the Lad Watch - Anrietta

I picked this up and it finally arrived last week. This is the last one of 14 Arc the Lad Collection Pre-Order Watches that I needed to have a full collection.

IMG
2014-04-02 Pickups

Chu Chu Rocket Manual [DC]
Wild Arm Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy IX Original Soundtrack

Misc stuff here.  The Chu Chu Rocket Manual is to complete my copy, but the soundtracks are for my wife as she's a big fan of the FF games and Wild ARMs.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Nando

What's the game to the left of Joe & Mac?

dingsbums

That's Violinist of Hamelin - a really nice Platformer
Violinist of Hamelin (Super Famicom): Stage 1-1

@ Ninja Spirit

Not really  :wink: - 3100 yen on YAJ  :D

Nando

Awesome, I've had several people recommend me that game.