RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

nice tggo finally complete us set?
IMG

chany60126

Wow, nice haul Terry! Your copy looks minty. Congrats!

Mathius

What evil dragon did you defeat to score that, Terry?

tggodfrey

I climbed through Chaney window after he left for work today!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Mathius

Quote from: tggodfrey on 04/16/2014, 10:48 AMI climbed through Chaney window after he left for work today!
I knew it!

Mathius

2014 MGC Haul. Thanks to Nectarsis for Override and Atomic Robo Kid. Not pictured Final Fantasy II from Bartre. Thanks brother! Sorry for the blurry pics. The majority of these I have been after for years. I've just been biding my time and being patient.

/zps2bad89d1.jpg

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 04/16/2014, 01:48 PM2014 MGC Haul. Thanks to Nectarsis for Override and Atomic Robo Kid. Not pictured Final Fantasy II from Bartre. Thanks brother! Sorry for the blurry pics. The majority of these I have been after for years. I've just been biding my time and being patient.
/zps2bad89d1.jpg
The Mega Drive looks immaculate! Jealous of the Snatcher and I've been wanting Bomberman '93 as well. Nice haul! I live near in the good ole Midwest and i wish i would've went

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Mathius on 04/16/2014, 01:48 PM2014 MGC Haul. Thanks to Nectarsis for Override and Atomic Robo Kid. Not pictured Final Fantasy II from Bartre. Thanks brother! Sorry for the blurry pics. The majority of these I have been after for years. I've just been biding my time and being patient.
/zps2bad89d1.jpg
Cool.

Man I wish there were a way to reply without pressing QUOTE.

nectarsis

MGC Haulies...some freebies from Beemer, the Saturn was a DAMN solid trade from Mad-Gear/16-bit, and the TG setup was a gift from a number of some of the coolest peeps on the forum, Im eternally gratefull  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ughh can't seem to get these to show full, gotta view image  ](*,) ](*,)

/zpsqcynwfhf.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

IrishNinja

guys, the MGC hauls are amazing but ya'll don't need to quote them in their entirety every time
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: IrishNinja on 04/16/2014, 03:36 PMguys, the MGC hauls are amazing but ya'll don't need to quote them in their entirety every time
Quoted for truth.

Nando

Is that a Dragon Knight VHS tape?

nectarsis

Quote from: Nando on 04/16/2014, 04:15 PMIs that a Dragon Knight VHS tape?
Yep, nabbed it from a vendor with usually ridiculous prices so I was happy when it was only $1 lol
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Nando

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/16/2014, 04:31 PM
Quote from: Nando on 04/16/2014, 04:15 PMIs that a Dragon Knight VHS tape?
Yep, nabbed it from a vendor with usually ridiculous prices so I was happy when it was only $1 lol
That's so rad.   Gonna try and find it online, let me know if the animation is any good.

MrFlutterPie

I hate how the new forum messes up pics! It's so much harder to look at.  Is there anyway we can get this issue fixed?

NecroPhile

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/16/2014, 05:28 PMIs there anyway we can get this issue fixed?
Heh, you're hilarious.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

A quick note on that Mega Drive. It looks like it has never been used. I haven't ever seen an old console look so untouched. It's flawless! I think the Japanese version of the MD looks the most esthetically pleasing. So sexy!

PunkCryborg

Matt I'm very jealous of that boxed mega drive! I need one to compliment my boxed JP SMS. Of the games you got Elemental Master is one of the best, that game is a blast!

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/16/2014, 11:27 PMMatt I'm very jealous of that boxed mega drive! I need one to compliment my boxed JP SMS. Of the games you got Elemental Master is one of the best, that game is a blast!
EM is so awesome! This is the first time I have gotten a chance to play it as I try to avoid emulation if at all possible. Great soundtrack too. But, hey, it's Techno Soft! :D

PCEngineHell

I gather the Mega Drive suffered revisions with crippled audio circuitry also, no? I have only owned one in my lifetime and it was a early model 1, so this is something I have wondered about but never had a chance to look in to for lack of buying any others.

Mathius

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/16/2014, 11:31 PMI gather the Mega Drive suffered revisions with crippled audio circuitry also, no? I have only owned one in my lifetime and it was a early model 1, so this is something I have wondered about but never had a chance to look in to for lack of buying any others.
I asked the seller if he knew anything about that but all he said was to Google it. I took a chance and as this one a pretty early model and was just so damn sexy I couldn't pass it up.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2014, 05:59 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/16/2014, 05:28 PMIs there anyway we can get this issue fixed?
Heh, you're hilarious.  :mrgreen:
Heh. Took a second, but I got it.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/16/2014, 04:01 PMMan I wish there were a way to reply without pressing QUOTE.
Yeah man, and it's too much work to take a few seconds to delete some IMG tags...

jeffhlewis

MGC 2014 Haul. My goal this year was to go light on the purchases, since Elevator Action Returns is all I was really looking for. I had Carlson hold it for me, then I came back drunk during the Saturday night party, and here's what that turned into:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

-Gradius and Magicoal from Nectarsis (thanks man!)
-Megadrive 2 + Bonus Sonic & Knuckles from Chris @ Windy Gaming
-Alien Soldier/Elevator Action Returns from Carlson

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Mathius on 04/16/2014, 11:34 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/16/2014, 11:31 PMI gather the Mega Drive suffered revisions with crippled audio circuitry also, no? I have only owned one in my lifetime and it was a early model 1, so this is something I have wondered about but never had a chance to look in to for lack of buying any others.
I asked the seller if he knew anything about that but all he said was to Google it. I took a chance and as this one a pretty early model and was just so damn sexy I couldn't pass it up.
Yeah I'm just too paranoid to take a chance on one these days. Most sellers I have asked simply have no idea how to check since it wouldn't be as obvious as it is over here in telling the Genesis Model 1 revisions apart. Anyway, they do look damn cool though in or out of the box, so if you got it at a good price then good for you. I forgot if I sold or traded mine off. Its been a quite a few years at least.

TheClash603

Elevator Action + Alien Soldier = Awesome

IrishNinja

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/17/2014, 12:02 AMElevator Action + Alien Soldier = Awesome
this - amazing haul but these really stand out, love them both!
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

bartre

Mathius

Quote from: IrishNinja on 04/17/2014, 12:04 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/17/2014, 12:02 AMElevator Action + Alien Soldier = Awesome
this - amazing haul but these really stand out, love them both!
I might just use my newly acquired Mega Everdrive for Alien Soldier. Snatcher is one of the few games I'd pay big (read: stupid) money for.

Is there any differences between the arcade Elevator Action Returns and the Saturn version?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: bartre on 04/17/2014, 12:05 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/17/2014, 12:02 AMElevator Action + Alien Soldier = broke ass hoes
fixed.
No hoes came with the purchase unfortunately.

Joe Redifer

To my knowledge the board revisions in the JP Meg Drives should be the same as the US Genesis. So a VA2 Mega Drive will sound the same as a VA2 Genesis. It will also have the same crippled pre-amp and only output the LEFT channel through the mono outputs instead of summing both left and right. A VA6 or 7 (I forget which is the final revision of the model 1) should sound just as broken as the US version.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/17/2014, 12:24 AMTo my knowledge the board revisions in the JP Meg Drives should be the same as the US Genesis. So a VA2 Mega Drive will sound the same as a VA2 Genesis. It will also have the same crippled pre-amp and only output the LEFT channel through the mono outputs instead of summing both left and right. A VA6 or 7 (I forget which is the final revision of the model 1) should sound just as broken as the US version.
How can I tell which revision MD is mine?

InfraMan

Quote from: esteban on 04/15/2014, 01:28 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2014, 10:01 AMfinally got my hands on one of these without giving away an arm and a leg too :P
IMG
If it wasn't for superdeadite's videos, I wouldn't even know what this game was.

I actually would want to play it. I can't say that about a lot of games.
Ha ha, awesome... it's good to know I'm not the only person in the world who loves this game. Pepsiman!!!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: InfraMan on 04/17/2014, 10:08 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/15/2014, 01:28 PMIf it wasn't for superdeadite's videos, I wouldn't even know what this game was.

I actually would want to play it. I can't say that about a lot of games.
Ha ha, awesome... it's good to know I'm not the only person in the world who loves this game. Pepsiman!!!
My friends and I always end up playing this when we have game night, it's really hilarious and fun

PunkCryborg

IMG

Pink game boy is a present for my wife and the other stuff is buttons to mod this and other game boys with back lights. Can't wait to work on this stuff!

synbiosfan

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/17/2014, 11:23 AMPink game boy i a present for my wife and the other stuff is buttons to mod this and other game boys with back lights. Can't wait to work on this stuff!
For your wife, sure...

Really, that's a great present that she should love =D>

bob

looks mint.  good pick up, man.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: galam on 04/17/2014, 12:02 PMlooks mint.  good pick up, man.
The game boy color i got from you is gonna have some work done too :) I just wish there was a good game boy color led light kit out :(

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Mathius on 04/17/2014, 01:13 AMHow can I tell which revision MD is mine?
You need to open it up to be sure. But here is a nice guide:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

If it boots straight to the game (without the licensed by Sega nonsense) then you're good. But even units with that screen can still be good.

For JP Mega Drives, look at the SEGA logo on the bottom right corner of the console (it's right next to MEGA DRIVE). Does it have an ® after the A in SEGA?

Motherboard revisions:

-With an ® next to the Sega logo: VA0, VA1, VA2, VA3, VA4
-Without an ® next to the Sega logo: VA5

Bottom line, either way you should be good as long as it says AV Intelligent Terminal/High Grade Multipurpose Use. If it doesn't, it can still be good just as long as it's not a VA7 (the last version that comes in that shape).

Looks like yours is the SEGA® model so you're definitely good!

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/17/2014, 04:52 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/17/2014, 01:13 AMHow can I tell which revision MD is mine?
You need to open it up to be sure. But here is a nice guide:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

If it boots straight to the game (without the licensed by Sega nonsense) then you're good. But even units with that screen can still be good.

For JP Mega Drives, look at the SEGA logo on the bottom right corner of the console (it's right next to MEGA DRIVE). Does it have an ® after the A in SEGA?

Motherboard revisions:

-With an ® next to the Sega logo: VA0, VA1, VA2, VA3, VA4
-Without an ® next to the Sega logo: VA5

Bottom line, either way you should be good as long as it says AV Intelligent Terminal/High Grade Multipurpose Use. If it doesn't, it can still be good just as long as it's not a VA7 (the last version that comes in that shape).

Looks like yours is the SEGA® model so you're definitely good!
Awesome! Thanks JoeJoe! :D

bob

A little bit of thrifting and a little bit of Five Below.
The GC and PS games cost $5 total.

dotsandloops .com/games/rosco.jpg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: galam on 04/17/2014, 10:24 PMA little bit of thrifting and a little bit of Five Below.
*Thumbs Up*
IMG

InfraMan

Quote from: galam on 04/17/2014, 10:24 PMA little bit of thrifting and a little bit of Five Below.
Tiny Blanka is teh cool!  :mrgreen:

bob

Quote from: InfraMan on 04/17/2014, 11:12 PM
Tiny Blanka is teh cool!  :mrgreen:
Yeah, one of those deals where you don't know which one you are going to get.  It was a $5 crap shoot.

dotsandloops .com/games/ww.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/16/2014, 11:49 PMMGC 2014 Haul. My goal this year was to go light on the purchases, since Elevator Action Returns is all I was really looking for. I had Carlson hold it for me, then I came back drunk during the Saturday night party, and here's what that turned into:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

-Gradius and Magicoal from Nectarsis (thanks man!)
-Megadrive 2 + Bonus Sonic & Knuckles from Chris @ Windy Gaming
-Alien Soldier/Elevator Action Returns from Carlson
You ROCK for fitting the image to the width of the thread. And congrats on the pickups. :)

Mathius

^^Yes how did you go about doing that, Jeff?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2014, 01:50 AMBonus Sonic & Knuckles from Chris @ Windy Gaming

What ver. of Sernic + Knux is that, the cover almost looks shiny?
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/18/2014, 02:03 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/18/2014, 01:50 AMBonus Sonic & Knuckles from Chris @ Windy Gaming

What ver. of Sernic + Knux is that, the cover almost looks shiny?
PAL version maybe? Could be the Japanese MD version too, I guess. I should've checked. During tear-down at MGC we all raided Jeff's bag to see what he scored. :mrgreen:

wildfruit

Its Japanese version pal version looks the same but mega drive is in a different font

ApolloBoy

IMG

wildfruit