The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Why for a limited time only?  Fuckin' corn industry.  That logo is so much better than whatever the current Pepsi logo happens to be.

Arkhan Asylum

My Jones Soda ltd. edition D&D soda pop.

ill post a picture later!  Have to figure out where to display them!

PS: Eldritch Blast is green apple flavored soda.   Very wierd.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

What is this world coming to? Real sugar in soda? No high fructose corn syrup?

As you may know, I prefer artificially sweetened soda > corn syrup > refined sugar > raw sugar > dry, shredded coconut.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/09/2010, 07:15 AMWhy for a limited time only?  Fuckin' corn industry.  That logo is so much better than whatever the current Pepsi logo happens to be.
It's cheaper to manufacture with corn syrup. The blame rests squarely on the Soder Pop industry.

I agree about the logos, though. So wonderful. I wish more companies would go back in their own archives and use commercials, print ads, and billboards from 20, 30, 40 years ago. Advertising usually annoys me, but I find the "old timey" approach less offensive.

I saw some breakfast cereal box designs that had gone "retro"--it was pretty neat.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

I drank some pepsi throw back and it almost caused a pepsi throw up.  Science wins over nature yet again, new pepsi only for me.

Alt-Nintega

Got Crimson Gem Saga (PSP) for cheap today  :)

Ninja Spirit

shonenx

Damn ninja spirit, I loves me some mighty final fight great find....This is what i got saturday in mail from 
The Clash603.
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

jboypacman

Today in the mail....

Bonk's Revenge for the PC Engine and Fire Shark and Truxon for the Sega Genesis.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: jboypacman on 01/11/2010, 05:33 PMToday in the mail....

Bonk's Revenge for the PC Engine and Fire Shark and Truxon for the Sega Genesis.
Nice grabs jboy. :) And Ninja Spirit has a nice bundle as well. Always good to see someone pick up Galaga '88.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

jboypacman

Today on trade i got the following....

Montazuma the Return,Revenge of the Gator and AlleyWay-Gameboy

Altered Beast-Sega Genesis

jboypacman

Got a nice surprise in the mail box today....

Dino Land,Turrican,Midnight Resistance and Golden Axe for the Sega Genesis and Thunder Force V for the PS1.

Sparky

look at you jboy, with some genny lov'n these days :P
Some good games there, i really like that Dino Land, a decent pinballer :)

BlackandBlue

Showing some love for the DC homebrew scene!

IMG

And yes I am going to open them.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

jboypacman

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2010, 10:05 AMlook at you jboy, with some genny lov'n these days :P
Some good games there, i really like that Dino Land, a decent pinballer :)
Yeah i have been picking up Genny games on the cheap as of late and enjoying them a lot.

Tatsujin

some recent haulies :)

pce:
/pcehaul20100117.jpg
msx:
/msxhaul20100117.jpg
div:
/divhaul20100117.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Hey tats, what 3DO game is that? I have yet to really explore the Japanese catalog.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can play JP 3DO on NA hardware anyway.

shonenx

punch out on famicon  awsome!!
You're Already Dead !!!

Tatsujin

@ este: it's Seal of the Pharaoh. looks very cheap as alomst 99% of the 3DOs library :lol:

@shonex: yeah, bough that for 3 bucks. already owning a boxed one which dropped my wallet about 40 bucks.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jboypacman

Last night on a trade....

Super Bonk,Super Chase H.Q.,Super Mario Kart and Kendo Rage for the SNES and a Mattel Basketball 2 electronic hand-held.

TheClash603

Mario Party 3, Dr. Mario 64, and Inglorious Basterds blu-ray

jboypacman

Today's grabs....

The Great Circus Mystery,GODS and Mutant Fighter all for the Sega Genesis.

jboypacman

3 more Sega Genesis games today...

Rolling Thunder 2,Shadow Blasters and Ernest Evans.

Digi.k

hopefully gonna watch em all by the end of this week

/IMG_4055.jpg

RoyVegas

Picked up a boxed Turbo Booster.
All is well. :)

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 01/20/2010, 06:39 AMhopefully gonna watch em all by the end of this week

/IMG_4055.jpg
The last Star Trek film I saw in the theatre was the "Cold War" one (title escapes me at the moment). At the time, I was disappointed, big time. But now, just for a laugh, I think I'd want to see it again. I remember a bunch of very silly scenes, which is amazing, considering I've completely forgotten the contents of other films I've seen around that time.

Ceti Alpha

Nice grab este!!  =D&gt;  EDIT....Digi rather.....hehe  8-[

But you didn't like the Undiscovered Country (end of Cold War metaphor/mystery)? Wasn't the best TOS movie, but it's usually up there in people's favourites. I recommend watching the "trilogy" first (II, III, and IV). I'm actually craving some Star Trek IV action. I can't remember if Chekov ends up finding those nuuuuuclear wessels.  :-k

IMG
IMG

shonenx

I LOVE THAT MOVIE best part besides "wessels" is when spock knocks out the punk on the bus with the "Ghetto Blaster" and all the people on the bus clap...also kirk is a classic pimp in this film
You're Already Dead !!!

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: shonenx on 01/21/2010, 11:47 PMI LOVE THAT MOVIE best part besides "wessels" is when spock knocks out the punk on the bus with the "Ghetto Blaster" and all the people on the bus clap...also kirk is a classic pimp in this film
haha. Yeah, that was a classic scene. The guy who played the punk was one of the writers, production managers, or something or other and he also wrote the song that's playing in the boombox. Just a little ST trivia.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Tatsujin

shonenx

You're Already Dead !!!

Senshi

Nice pickup hoobs. I've been wanting that game for awhile. Did you outbid me on ebay a couple weeks back?...haha.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

hoobs88

Quote from: Senshi on 01/22/2010, 09:53 PMNice pickup hoobs. I've been wanting that game for awhile. Did you outbid me on ebay a couple weeks back?...haha.
I was the only bidder.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

jboypacman

There must be a glut of Genesis games in my area because i just picked up 11 games today at one stop...

The Revenge Of Shinobi
Columns
Target Earth
Battle Squadron
Last Battle
Atomic Robo Kid
Castle of Illusion
AfterBurner II
Galaxy Force II
Sorcerer's Kingdom
Spider-Man

Plus on the way out i spotted Duck Tales for the GameBoy cheap so i grabbed that one too. :D

shonenx

I picked up the Gamepark Wiz emulator system last week and tested it on vacation ..Its great  Go buy one now. the same day i grab the new dreamcast release rush rally.
IMG
IMG

And today i bought Slayers 2 for the Saturn and Zero Wing for our beloved PCE. the store I go to just got in like 30 more PC Engine games today, mostly CD based. All good stuff but i only buy titles i want to play.
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

Sparky

stopped into a local buy and sell shop today :)

PS3... Lord Of the Rings Conquest
PS2... Guitar Hero Metallica
DS... Cross Words & Trauna Center: Under the Knife
SNES... Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts & Thunder Spirits
NES... SMB3, WrestleMania, Zelda II, R.C Pro-Am & Jackal

a few things i will be selling as my wife gave me shiiit when i got home :P

Also got a gift for my buddy there... Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology (3 disc)

TheClash603

Wives and gfs just don't understand.  Every time I buy something she goes nuts, yet it is perfectly acceptable for her to buy 4 pairs of boots each winter.

Stay strong Sparky...  stay strong.

shonenx

my wife told me to buy my Japanese 360 :-"....only so id stop talking about it ](*,)  hahhaha :lol:
You're Already Dead !!!

Tatsujin

:lol:

my wife is totally ok with my stuff, as long i keep it clean. when she says sumthing, then i counter her with the every 2 month coiffure sessions she helds, which cost about more than my used junk i bring home in the same period of time.

btw. my coiffure is free and is called hair clipper.

Sparky

hahaha... coiffure (hair) love it, adding that into my canadian vocab bai!! :P

Also my wife is always good with my gaming stuff but since she is prego'd and due in march, sweet jesus everything gets under her skin, including me :P so i stay back 5 feet and just agree!!!

Tatsujin

yeah..when the hormons acting strange, the 5 feet back is best strategy :lol:

TheClash603

I did not buy them yet, but for fear of reproducing ruining my gaming, condoms are on the to buy list of today.

Tatsujin

/haul20100123j.jpg

kinda ecco shop pre-release (only disc 1 but it's sealed)
/eccopromo.jpg

le namco paddle pour le namco museum :)
/namcoanalogpaddle.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/25/2010, 03:20 AM/haul20100123j.jpg
I demand respectfully request that you post some pics taken with one of those Game Boy cameras (out the window, of the little 'un, self-portrait, or whatever else suits your fancy).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Coiffure  8)

You picked up some gaming goodness there Sparks. Super GnG.  =P~

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2010, 10:47 AMI demand respectfully request that you post some pics taken with one of those Game Boy cameras (out the window, of the little 'un, self-portrait, or whatever else suits your fancy).
I second that motion.
IMG

shonenx

Hey tatsujin !! I gotta know , What is the street fighter cd case in the top left corner. And also what is the star wars box?  :-k
You're Already Dead !!!

nectarsis

Star Wars=famicom, Street Fighter 2 (towards BOTTOM left) would be the PCE Hu.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Did you mean top right?  I don't know what that is; Dreamcast, perhaps.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!