The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/09/2010, 12:09 PMI bought a transformer that I had as a kid a week ago.  after I bought it I felt stupid and was like why the hell did I buy this thing.  Well I got it in the mail today and when I saw it, it brought me back to when I was a kid, it was like seeing a familiar face.......... a bad ass soundwave robot face that shoots shit out its bazooka and has a kick ass cassette bird named laserbeak that flies out and beats the fuck out of those sissy autobots. They even got a friggin punch buggy named Bumble bee for gods sake.  Anyhow, Of course I had to make the robot transformation sounds and do the soundwave voice, but then I realized....... I need to get a autobot. I dunno it was pretty cool.
You were a kid a week ago? :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

RoyVegas

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/09/2010, 01:03 PMslightly less exciting but tasty none the less some furikake
I couldn't help but laugh at this.  Is the pronunciation Furrycock?  :|
All is well. :)

Digi.k

Quote from: RoyVegas on 04/09/2010, 01:10 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 04/09/2010, 01:03 PMslightly less exciting but tasty none the less some furikake
I couldn't help but laugh at this.  Is the pronunciation Furrycock?  :|
lol personally I thought it sounds like something else in japanese... and hey even mario used to have his own one

RoyVegas

Thanks for the clarification!  :lol:

TheClash603

I didn't buy furrycock, I am more into twinks.

Tatsujin

lol..furikake, one of the very few things i really can't stand! just few of 'em on the rice and it's dwon the toilet in no time.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

guyjin

does it suck?

please tell me it doesn't suck. Sega really needs to make something that doesn't suck.

Sparky

I got this in the mail today!!! :)......  and hells no not from ebay!
This fellow canadian i got this from even throw in 2 spare manuals which i will use for trading for that last manual i neeed :)

oh ya, i traded with the guy for my game, He grabbed my Lunar for sega cd and a few nes games.  win-win!

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Sweet Marie!! Nice grabs, Sparks!!  =D&gt;

I'll be curious to hear your comments on Terraforming.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Opethian

most recently:
Cyber Core and Psycho Chaser!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Waiting on Sega Saturn Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

RoyVegas

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/14/2010, 03:48 PManother blazing lasers
Just curious, what was wrong with the old one?

RoyVegas

Neo Geo 6 slot MVS Craigslist find. 

So Oldskool and I go to see this bad boy after finding it on Craigslist.  We walk in and the cabinet looks great but the monitor looks like shit.  We play with it a little bit to see if we can get it cleaned up but there is a big line though the top of the screen that we cant get fixed.  With the cost of a monitor I was pretty close to saying I didn't want it.  So I tell the guy I would buy it for the $375 he was asking but with the monitor issue it would cost me to much to fix it and I might as well just buy another Neo Geo.  He says throw him an offer.  I tellem to give me a idea where to start.  He says, $300, no less.  I pay the man and we are on our way.  We get it home, out of my truck and take apart my Power Stone (it doesn't fit out the door in one piece) arcade to make room for the Neo Geo.  We get the Power Stone outside and the Neo Geo on the dolly and try to take it up the first step by my front door.  Ever seen one of those logging shows where they cut the tree and it falls the wrong way and they run for their lives?  Well, that's what happened, TIMBER!  It falls over on it's right side and slams on the ground shattering the glass covering the monitor.  What's Oldskool do?  He laughs while I just stand there in shock.  I was just glad neither of us got hurt by the falling beast.  We pick it back up and plug it in to see if it even works anymore.  It works perfect (aside from the monitor issue mentioned before).

We get it in the house and set up.  Not liking the way the monitor looked, we compared the monitor to the monitor in the Power Stone arcade I was now going to be getting rid of.  Model numbers were an exact match!  Olskool and I both get excited to see if we can do a monitor swap even though neither of us had messed with a monitor replacement before.  We swap the monitors and bingo, now its great. 

Games it came with:
Baseball Stars Professional
Top Players Golf
Fatal Fury
World Heros 2
Nightmare in the Dark

In the end a little extra scratching on the side and the front glass gone.  Here it is.

IMG

NecroPhile

So much for 6 slots being fragile/finicky; that bitch can take a punch!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: RoyVegas on 04/14/2010, 03:56 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/14/2010, 03:48 PManother blazing lasers
Just curious, what was wrong with the old one?

Nothings wrong. I gave one to a friend as a gift with a system to get him started. I actually kinda missed it. 

oldskool

Sorry I really didn't mean to laugh, it just kind of came out.  Glad we got it all in shape though, a new glass is no big deal.

RoyVegas

Quote from: oldskool on 04/15/2010, 06:36 PMSorry I really didn't mean to laugh, it just kind of came out. 
I know you didn't bro, it was truely funny.  What made it funnier was the fact that everything still worked.  Now if it totally fell apart and it was basically trash it wouldn't have been so funny.

oldskool

Circuit boards are tougher than people think.  Hell I run them through the dishwasher.

OldMan

Yeah, I used to help out at an arcade. If we dropped something and it didn't work, it was cause one of the connections popped loose. Don't think I've ever seen one that just 'quit' when it got dropped (and yeah, we dropped a few...or more)
FYI Roy most of those monitors are actually standard hardware (there's were only about 6 different models the I saw); very rarely does the tube itself go bad. It's usually the driver board, which is a lot cheaper to replace. You can contact the mfg to see about replacement boards. Some of them will even do reasonably-priced repairs.
But then, you probably know that already :-)

Keranu

Quote from: rag-time4 on 04/03/2010, 08:03 PMAlong with my college grad gift from my wife (DRAC X) and an Ys III guide book!
IMG
You may very possibly be married to the greatest wife on Earth.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

jboypacman

Donkey Konga w/ Bongos for the GameCube

Blue Beetle action figure

Blockout!/Breakdown! for the Odyssey2

and the following Intellivision games:

Pitfall and Atlantis both boxed,Commando,Dracula,Ice Trek,Nova Blast and Microsurgeon

and some freebies:

Afro Samurai and Monster Hunter T-shirts and a Disgaea Custom Soundtrack

JapanTokei

I finally picked up a copy of Winds of Thunder complete with spine and registration card this week at Tokyo !!  yea!   :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  at a not so bad price of <3,000 yen

RoyVegas

I picked up a new/sealed copy of Somer Assault.  Split that baby right open! :)  Isn't she pretty?

turbogrfxfan

I got sidearms special.  I had regular sidearms when I was a kid.  I think It will bring bad old memories.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbogrfxfan

lol Im sorry tats I ment back.  I tought it was a pretty cool game. I just got psychic storm for 15.00. now that one I get mixed reviews on.  It looks pretty darn cool but gameplay may not. we will see I suppose

Joe Redifer

QuoteI picked up a new/sealed copy of Somer Assault.  Split that baby right open!
Sweet!  I want that game.  Congrats on opening it.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/18/2010, 02:24 AM
QuoteI picked up a new/sealed copy of Somer Assault.  Split that baby right open!
Sweet!  I want that game.  Congrats on opening it.
Well, I bought it just for the box.  Now I have an extra one thats in BEAUTIFUL condition minus the box.  It's in a Sparky stickered case.  The case is a pce Hu card case so it doesnt have that clear plastic clip..  Interested in it?

Joe Redifer

I might be if it came with instructions.  I could print up a spine label for it if I have a HuCard case.

WTF is a "Sparky stickered case"?  Does it have stickers of rainbows and happy faces on it or something?

Ceti Alpha

Nintendo DSiWare:

1. Bomberman Blitz: I know it's not OBEYing, but it is still Hudson and it's online. ;) (800pts)

2. AiRacer: Pretty cool racing game, but with planes. Nice use of the stylus in this game. (800pts)

3. Downtown Texas Hold 'Em: (200pts)

4. DSi Instrument Tuner: Awesome little application. This will definitely come in handy. (200pts)
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/18/2010, 07:45 PMI might be if it came with instructions.  I could print up a spine label for it if I have a HuCard case.

WTF is a "Sparky stickered case"?  Does it have stickers of rainbows and happy faces on it or something?
This is it.  A Sparky stickered case is a case made with Sparky's stickers.  You know, Sparky, the guy thats been selling badass replica stickers for Turbo games here for like the last year or so?  The only bad thing about it is the fact that the case is a PCE case without that clear plastic clip to hold the Hu card in. 

IMG

Sparky

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/18/2010, 07:45 PMI might be if it came with instructions.  I could print up a spine label for it if I have a HuCard case.

hahahah.. no, no... it is covered in sparkles and glitter!!!  yes glitter!!! :P

Joe Redifer

Glitter seals the deal.  I'll send a PM.

Ninja Spirit

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/19/2010, 06:25 PMIMG
IMG
Congrats i have that collection as well it's about the only way you can play salamander 2 on a console.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 04/20/2010, 03:07 AMCongrats i have that collection as well it's about the only way you can play salamander 2 on a console.
this, the one for the PSone and on the PSP via an TiVi adaptor (lol). not sure it is also sumwhere downloadable for those new consoles like PS3 or xbox 360 gew gaws.

guyjin

First, there was the Chopsado... and now, the Sparky case!

Joe Redifer

Sparky cases rule.  I want a New Adventure Island Sparky case.

JapanTokei

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

picked up these 2 goodies last night!!  I'm pleased as I have been looking for Takahashi yumeijin forever... (Great Advanture Island).  3000 yen for both, not a treasure bargain like Tatsujin tends to pull in but not too shabby for me..  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

3000 yens is very great. the takahashler isn't cheap over here as well :)

nectarsis

RoyVegas

Picked up this cool Turbo jacket.  No, it's not official or anything but it's pretty cool.

IMG

IMG

turbogrfxfan

Ceti Alpha

IMG

JapanTokei

You should really wear this and pimp it at a bar... I bet you get some interesting eyes and questions.. ahhhaha

Quote from: RoyVegas on 04/21/2010, 03:32 PMPicked up this cool Turbo jacket.  No, it's not official or anything but it's pretty cool.

IMG

IMG

turbogrfxfan

:evil: I dont get it how bout I wrap you around my neck and go to a bar?........ I bet you get some interesting eyes and questions as well  j/k :P

Tatsujin

Now that what I call a real Full MEtal Jacket!!!

Joe Redifer

My most recent acquisitions:

IMG

Apollo 13 - Blu-ray - "Houston We Have A Problem Edition"  Includes a special BD-Live game where you and up to 7 other online players try to create as many problems as possible for the entire city of Houston.

Toy Story - Blu-Ray - Also includes a regular DVD version in case I go over to a poor person's house.

Toy Story 2 - Blu-ray - Also includes a regular DVD version so I can throw it away and add to the landfill... which I did specifically on Earth Day.

iPod Touch - Finally got another iPod.  The iPod Mini was ass.  This, however, is much nicer.  It's like an iPhone without all of that phone bullshit.  Who talks to people any more, really?

Somer Assault - TurboGrafx-16 (US version of the PC Engine for all you Japanophles) - Got this from some guy named Roy.  I opened the package and immediately got a double dose of lung cancer.  Thanks, Roy!  Just kidding, the game is fine and I am really happy to have a "Sparky case" with it.  I want more Sparky cases as he makes better labels than I do.

Lots of groceries - From the local Kroger affiliate.  Running low, will purchase more on Sunday.

Not shown:
After Burner Climax - Playstation 3 - $10 Downloadable game.  It has a climax bar that replenishes as you play and when it fills up, you climax.  Also, you shoot down foreigners and who doesn't like doing that?