OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/30/2011, 11:43 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 07/30/2011, 10:33 PM$5 Taco Bell Box Meals Rule!
This needs more bells.
Mighty Taco is 1000x better.

http://www.mightytaco.com/main.php

Order some to your homes, you won't be disappointed.

SuperDeadite

When I was a UB student, ate a lot of Mighty Taco.  It was good for filling up on lots of tacos, but
the Taco Bell Quesidiazs were way better then anything at Mighty.

Typically though it was all about Duff's wings, and Ted's Hotdogs.  Ted's onion rings were incredible.
For non fast food it was all about the local Beef on Wack with lots of kraut.  Buffalo had some great food,
but too much damn snow.  Buffalo should move to Japan already.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

I miss how Taco Bell tasted back in the late 80s and early 90s. Same with Pizza Hut. When Pizza Hut started using red onions on their pizzas instead of white onions that's when I started giving my business to other chains. Their reasoning is that red onions look better. Pizzas with white onions taste much much better. It drives me crazy. [-(

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/31/2011, 02:24 AMWhen I was a UB student, ate a lot of Mighty Taco.  It was good for filling up on lots of tacos, but
the Taco Bell Quesidiazs were way better then anything at Mighty.

Typically though it was all about Duff's wings, and Ted's Hotdogs.  Ted's onion rings were incredible.
For non fast food it was all about the local Beef on Wack with lots of kraut.  Buffalo had some great food,
but too much damn snow.  Buffalo should move to Japan already. 
My girth is indicative of how good the food in Buffalo, NY is.  Saibot can attest, I took him to get some wings when he was here, and he's coming back for more!

SuperDeadite

I could so go for some real Kimmelwack rolls right now.  I'd eat some with every meal if I could....

16bit

Latest shipments...Swords of Destiny is pretty awesome, enjoying it more than Devil May Cry. And I can now understand what all the Yuna hype is about. Also...Dogora may be the strangest Japanese monster movie I've ever seen.

/lot1u.jpg

Mathius

I heard that Jim Power has very good graphics but horrible controls. Let us know how it plays.

Tatsujin

Jim Powers most notably has good musics and.. yeah good musics.

Graphic wise it is far inferior compared to the original Amiga version. Control isn't the best either.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

16bit

Quote from: Mathius on 07/31/2011, 06:27 PMI heard that Jim Power has very good graphics but horrible controls. Let us know how it plays.
Actually, I know that Jim Power is known to be bad but I'm going to go against the grain...I love this game. The controls really aren't that bad. The one hit kills might get annoying if you like to rush through levels, and the jumping takes some getting used to. But I find the game enjoyable enough to play through...I haven't beat it yet though. There is also a cheat mode that can add to the fun, but I want to try to beat the game before messing around with it.

If you want to talk horrible controls...Slime World takes the win. What a slug-fest. I had high hopes for this game too.

Joe Redifer

Doesn't Jim Power have only one tune?  I know the Mega Drive version has but one track.  I really like Chris Hülsbeck's (or however you spell his name) arrangement of it located on some non-game music CD with arrangements of his tunes.  I haven't heard the PCE arrangement of the tune yet.

16bit

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/01/2011, 01:58 AMDoesn't Jim Power have only one tune?  I know the Mega Drive version has but one track.  I really like Chris Hülsbeck's (or however you spell his name) arrangement of it located on some non-game music CD with arrangements of his tunes.  I haven't heard the PCE arrangement of the tune yet.
No, this version has a track for every level as well as boss music...and it is a surprisingly good soundtrack. Check out the music for level 3, it's my fav:
And I just checked out the Mega Drive song which ironically is the same as the song for Level 3.  :D

But check out the other Jim Power songs posted by the same youtuber....good stuff.

Joe Redifer

Yeah, that's the arranged version I am talking about.  It's pure win.

Dalder

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/30/2011, 07:05 PMSpriggan  =P~

Picked up a few items these last few weeks as well:

Thanks again bernielindell for the Sega CD Dungeon Explorer!

/JulyHaul.jpg
Wow nice on Steam Hearts and Doko Do Pen !!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/01/2011, 05:31 PMYeah, that's the arranged version I am talking about.  It's pure win.
This
is by far my fav track of the game :)

the very beginning gets me the goosbumbs everytime :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Jim Powers has an excellent soundtrack, worth the purchase alone IMO!

Hülsbeck is one of my favorite game composers, loved the turrican game soundtracks he worked on!!  Truly legendary!
More people should share their Jim Powers love!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Taito F3 set and  broken Raiden :(
IMG

Tatsujin

Kyuukyoku Tiger II isn't so Kyuukyoku unfortunately :(

Sleepy Gnome

i have no idea what any of that is but it looks quality!!!!!! congrats.

SuperDeadite

I've been blessed by the Cougar of the Heavens!!!!!! :)

IMG

liquitek

Looks like a good venue.  My bro lived in Gifu for about a year and taught English.
I don't know the Pink Lady but enjoy!

TheClash603

I don't know what's going on...  my phone broke and I haven't been here as much lately.  Now, nothing is in English anymore.

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

What Konami game second from the bottom on the right is that?

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Tatsujin

BlueBMW

The weekends haul:

And so it begins....  #-o

/NeoHaul1.jpg
/NeoHaul2.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sleepy Gnome

Joe Redifer

Curious... why don't the Saturn games have the plastic cases, but seemingly everything else?

Opethian

those MAS sticks are awesome!!
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Two MAS sticks marks the beggining of a Neo-Geo library.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/07/2011, 05:04 PMCurious... why don't the Saturn games have the plastic cases, but seemingly everything else?
They were omitted to save on shipping from japan.  It was a random grab bag deal someone was doing on another site.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

1980-20..

Not purchased any gaming goodness for a while but yesterday i picked up this kapowww!

IMG
IMG

Opethian

necta: fuck yea IP man!!!
1980: nice red cab did you get any game with it?
IMG

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

1980-20..

Quote from: Opethian on 08/07/2011, 08:13 PM1980: nice red cab did you get any game with it?
It came with Tecmo world cup 96 and top player golf. Its got a MVS one slot pcb inside but its faulty.

I cant make my mind up if its an original NEO GEO cab or not.

TR0N

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 08/08/2011, 03:21 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 08/07/2011, 08:13 PM1980: nice red cab did you get any game with it?
I cant make my mind up if its an original NEO GEO cab or not.
I'd say conversion given it's button layout and the shape of it's panel.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

dingsbums

Lot of PCE stuff this time  :D

/img1464901x676.jpg

Opethian

nexzr fuck yea!! did you get that from kitkit?
IMG

dingsbums

I have seen Kitkit's sale thread and he had nice games for good prices but nearly all of the CD games I was interested in were without the Spine  :(.
Some games on the pics come from Yahoo & some come from an Austrian collector (Nexzr, 1941, Rayxamber III & Space Invaders CD).

Lilgrafx

Well I didn't buy it but for my Birthday today my brother got me 27 turbo grafx games and one pce game. He bought them at a local game store all for $10. I went in that store once a week for the entire summer and never found anything, but the one time I didn't go with him some collector unloads all his games on the store.

Some of the titles include
Air Zonk w/ Manuel
Adventure Island w/ manuel
Splatter house complete
Sintron Complete
Raiden complete

Needless to say when he put them all in front of me I almost cried. I'll post pictures of all of them sometime this week.

roflmao

Wow, hot damn.  That's awesome.

I got Gradius III (SNES) today.  I gave my previous copy to my brother so it's nice to have it again.  I still haven't beaten the third boss yet, but I got *this* close this afternoon. :)

TR0N

Victory or death !! Man borderdown is hard though  :shock:
/dcandpceimport.png
/ps2andps3lot.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

RR1980

wow your brother is awesome Lilgrafx!

and man Tron you got magical chase!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 08/10/2011, 01:41 AMVictory or death !! Man borderdown is hard though  :shock:
/dcandpceimport.png
/ps2andps3lot.png
Psychonauts is a great pick-up as well.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/10/2011, 12:15 AMWell I didn't buy it but for my Birthday today my brother got me 27 turbo grafx games and one pce game. He bought them at a local game store all for $10. I went in that store once a week for the entire summer and never found anything, but the one time I didn't go with him some collector unloads all his games on the store.

Some of the titles include
Air Zonk w/ Manuel
Adventure Island w/ manuel
Splatter house complete
Sintron Complete
Raiden complete

Needless to say when he put them all in front of me I almost cried. I'll post pictures of all of them sometime this week. 
Thats just uberrad. probably one of the best gift in your whole life..hahaah :D

Mishran

Just now traded a pawn shop owner two NES pads which I paid four buck for the pair at a Goodwill and five dollars cash for a new in box Acemore Super Stick for my Turbo. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but it goes well with the new in box Super Stick I bought at a flea market last year for $3. Aside from the grinding and squeaking the stick makes when you move it around, I think the controller works rather well. Box has seen better days though.