RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

you should have grabbed the X1 keyboard and ran for it.  It's worth more then the computer itself is lol
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

That guy had all sorts of crazy stuff this year... its like he tracked us on our trends...

He had that X1 twin,  a boxed MSX Turbo R, a boxed X68000 expert, and two boxed wondermega 1 units.  Of lesser note was the boxed Duo-RX, boxed Super CDROM2, boxed IFU, boxed PC-FX, boxed Supergrafx, Hello Kitty Dreamcasts, and other stuff lol.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/27/2012, 10:41 PMThat guy had all sorts of crazy stuff this year... its like he tracked us on our trends...

He had that X1 twin,  a boxed MSX Turbo R, a boxed X68000 expert, and two boxed wondermega 1 units.  Of lesser note was the boxed Duo-RX, boxed Super CDROM2, boxed IFU, boxed PC-FX, boxed Supergrafx, Hello Kitty Dreamcasts, and other stuff lol.
...and boxed Neo CD frontloader.   :-" :P

Most of his stuff was mint. You should have seen the boxed PCE briefcase! I opened it up and went, "WOW!"

Opethian

DAMMIT HOW MUCH WAS THAT KEYBOARD!!!
IMG

Bernie

Glad it got there safe and sound.  Enjoy it!  :)

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2012, 01:22 PMMassive thanks to Bernie who was uber generous in sending me his loose huey:
/longnosed.jpg
I'm very rusty at it, the racoon with the big balls on level 2 is kicking my arse.

roflmao

I picked up PS2 Taito Legends 2 from a local Gamestop for $2.  It was loose so it's really not photo worthy (at least not till I make a DVD case for it).  $2 for a lot of neat shooties!

Terminarcade

Wow, I'm super jealous that MGC is not in my area... lots of great stuff to be found it seems.  :shock:

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/27/2012, 10:25 PMAnd here's some stuff I DIDNT buy while I was at MGC:
/CarlsonMGC1.jpg
How much did he want for teh Bazzy?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

majors

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2012, 11:50 PMI picked up PS2 Taito Legends 2 from a local Gamestop for $2. 
There is some win. Metal Black and Darius Gaiden worth the admission price with Elevator Action Returns as bonus!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

majors

Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 11:35 PMYou should have seen the boxed PCE briefcase! I opened it up and went, "WOW!"
Yes, that was a clean box:
/616-img_20120325_183314.jpg
Even I had to document it!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

SuperDeadite

Someone should have bought the A1ST

BlueBMW

I think he wanted $450 for it. Nice but too rich for me.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

Quote from: majors on 03/28/2012, 11:24 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 11:35 PMYou should have seen the boxed PCE briefcase! I opened it up and went, "WOW!"
Yes, that was a clean box:
/616-img_20120325_183314.jpg
Even I had to document it!
I'm feelin horny now!!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/28/2012, 11:39 AMSomeone should have bought the A1ST
I wanted that baby but yeah the price was a little steep. Still awesome to see though!

roflmao

I should post a pic of this just because it's related to obey, but I stumbled across the Gameboy version of Bonk's Adventure this evening at a local used bookshop for $5.  So far it's not bad!  Beat the first level and it seems to retain the spirit of the game.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2012, 11:23 PMI should post a pic of this just because it's related to obey, but I stumbled across the Gameboy version of Bonk's Adventure this evening at a local used bookshop for $5.  So far it's not bad!  Beat the first level and it seems to retain the spirit of the game.
If you ever want to sell that, I'll buy it.  :pcgs:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 03/29/2012, 07:57 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/28/2012, 11:23 PMI should post a pic of this just because it's related to obey, but I stumbled across the Gameboy version of Bonk's Adventure this evening at a local used bookshop for $5.  So far it's not bad!  Beat the first level and it seems to retain the spirit of the game.
Cool.  I'm going on a camping trip for a few days so hopefully I'll get to spend some quality time with it.  I'll let you know if I end up not caring for it (though I find that hard to imagine).

If you ever want to sell that, I'll buy it.  :pcgs:.

Mishran

/photoeig.jpg
Got these in the mail today. Got them all for dirt cheap, couldn't resist.

Ninja Spirit

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: dingsbums on 03/12/2012, 11:00 AM/2gt81hl.jpg
Where can I find a scan or at least can you take a close up pic of that PCE Rockman??? that looks so slick! Spine card and everything!

esteban

Hey Ninja! Nice to hear from you :pcds:

Folks here have scanned all the PCE Rockman stuff (from the same fellow who sells bootleg Sapphire & Fantasy Harrier), but while you are waiting:

Megaman/Rockman PCE thread

Bootleg PCE

There's another thread ("NES emulator") that documents the Megaman PCE project and Tom (Bonknuts) finding an ebay auction of said project.

Tatsujin

found one of there today :)

IMG

pics in action will follow, since i can't find my USB cable from my droid.

PCE looks fantastic on it in s-vid (for a portable LCD) :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Samurai Ghost

Wow, that's freakin' awesome!!  :D I didn't even know these things existed. Looks like you got one in great shape too!

Tatsujin

this isn't mine, but mine looks aslo in good shape. will upload pics by tomorrow.

just played some R-Type on it..lol, had to. screen looks good, equal to the sony PSone screen, but this straight AV and S-vid inputs. and a lot to adjust (vie soft menu).
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

cabbage

Tatsujin

Mathius

How does it work? I've never heard of these.  :-k

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2012, 06:09 AMfound one of there today :)

IMG

Holy crap! I love that this is an IREM-branded item! :pcgs:

What year was this product released? Did IREM officially sanction hardware products?

chany60126

Was having some issues with my camera, but here is my MGC haul:
IMG
Post-MGC Haul:
IMG

PunkCryborg

Oh man Chany where was that Ghost House??

chany60126

I got all of my turbo games including Ghost Manor from this vendor that was one or two spots to the right of Mad-Gear's booth facing the wall where the vendor hall doors were.

Mathius

Good thing I didn't see that Ghost Manor before you did.  :P

TheClash603

I bought these penis pills.

/img5327b.jpg

munchiaz

SMF

Street Fighter what have you done.......................... MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED LOL.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TheClash603

They were so funny, I had to spend $5 on them.  Not sure if I am going to actually use them...  seems like a decent chance it is just poison. 

When I was in NYC they were for sale in a cigar shop, but then I later saw them in two different delis, so apparently the product is pretty popular.

I wonder if it is an officially licensed Capcom product?

BlueBMW

Gotta love slow boat packages from Japan:

Already fixed the power supply on the 68k, not sure on the floppy drives yet though.

/japangoodz.jpg

TheClash603

Dolphins in 3D > Dolphins in 2D.

It's a known fact.

Mathius

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 04/01/2012, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2012, 06:09 AMfound one of there today :)
IMG

Holy crap! I love that this is an IREM-branded item! :pcgs:

What year was this product released? Did IREM officially sanction hardware products?
It was made in 2001, and sold for a more luxuriant price of 49800yens.

Quote from: IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC's HOME PAGEFebruary, 2001 IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC. began to manufacture "PRIVATE BASE."
Here some pics in action :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2012, 08:24 PMIMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Dang, that thing is awesome! The screen looks pretty nice. And are those speakers on the side?
Just the fact that it was made by IREM is enough to make me want it.

Too bad the screen doesn't have some kind of protective cover or folded the other way or something. Then it would be actually pretty cool to throw in a bag with a briefcase unit to take on long trips to remote islands without TVs!

Sparky

ya Taters thanks for sharing... i have a couple ps1 screens but that is way sexier.

VenomMacbeth

Some things I've acquired recently:

IMG

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Sparky

Nice, Einhander is a hell of a game man

bob

dotsandloops .com/flea1.jpg
dotsandloops .com/flea2.jpg
dotsandloops .com/flea3.jpg

BlueBMW

Last I checked... a boxed Chrono Trigger was getting pretty pricey!  Glad I got mine a while back on the cheap hehe.

NightWolve

Ah, beautiful, a Chrono Trigger cart. I own one myself actually - it was a Christmas gift (at $79.99) from a friend's mom, so I lucked out (would've had to settle for renting it if not for that being that it was my High School days)! I remember getting to play it all through my 2 weeks of Christmas break. Good times!

SuperDeadite

The only way to play Afterburner and Thunder Blade :)

IMG

bob

TheClash603

True Fact:  Alone in the Dark 2 is my friend's favorite video game of all time.

True Fact #2:  I laugh at him for that.