OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grache

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/20/2015, 01:10 PMBack 10-25 years and they were very common here back then.
I know virtually all TVs in Europe were SCART, but I thought, at least in Spain, that most only did composite?
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

roflmao

Between Christmas gifts and some money I got from Christmas, this past month has been pretty good to me.  Here are my recent adds:

PS1
Chrono Cross

PS2
Raiden III

Gamecube
Animal Crossing

NES
High Speed
Pinball
Sky Shark

GBA
Gradius Galaxies
Iridion 3D
Iridion II

PCE
Battle Lode Runner

DVD
Ys Book II

I've also got a few goodies coming from Beemer, but I'll post those when they arrive.  Or I'll forget.

cr8zykuban0

pickusp from the last 2 weeks! got a few more turbo stuff on the way!
IMG

esadajr

what the mail had for me,

ner7mGUOeQA/w443-h295-no/IMG_20150124_125312.jpg
XEplErJEgIE/w737-h553-no/IMG_20150124_134015.jpg
Gaming since 1985

cr8zykuban0

this just in! so happy to own this awesome title!
IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

dingsbums

Obey  8)

IMG

No obey  :wink:. Finally bought a (Japan) N64 since I want Bangai - Oh again  :D.

IMG

MrFulci

I never cared for the N64, but I did like this image, comparing it to spinning disc systems.

IMG
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2015, 11:04 AMCho Aniki 64?
nah its virtual pro wrestling 2 odo keisho aka wrestlemania 2000

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: MrFulci on 01/25/2015, 12:36 PMI never cared for the N64, but I did like this image, comparing it to spinning disc systems.

IMG
Very True.  The older consoles simply last, my NES, MD, SNES, Colecovision, Atari 2600, LYNX, Gameboy, all work.  Game Gears are finicky but work with new caps.  I think the 360 had over a 25% failure rate which is the worst ever I believe.  I think the PS3 was 10% but easily over shadowed by the XBOX.

How are the Wii Consoles in terms of reliability?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

wildfruit

My wii and launch day Dreamcast still work perfectly

cr8zykuban0

No obey  :wink:. Finally bought a (Japan) N64 since I want Bangai - Oh again  :D.

IMG[/quote]
god damn son!! very nice j64 haul. ive been getting addicted to japanese n64 collecting!

bartre

My parents once literally dropped a tv on my 64 as a child.
Didn't even crack the plastic.
The tv however developed this discoloration in the upper corner...

HailingTheThings

IMG

bob

A few NES loosies.

Kung Fu Heros
Willow
Operation wolf
Lunar Pool

JapanTokei

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/25/2015, 01:13 PM
Quote from: MrFulci on 01/25/2015, 12:36 PMI never cared for the N64, but I did like this image, comparing it to spinning disc systems.
Very True.  The older consoles simply last, my NES, MD, SNES, Colecovision, Atari 2600, LYNX, Gameboy, all work.  Game Gears are finicky but work with new caps.  I think the 360 had over a 25% failure rate which is the worst ever I believe.  I think the PS3 was 10% but easily over shadowed by the XBOX.

I keep reading the Sega Nomads and GameGear LCDs puke out after these years (reason is I've been looking to pick one up and get the SMS adapter so I can relive some of my SMS gaming days!)... so I guess with exception of those 2 systems' LCDs, agreeing the oldies are the best!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/25/2015, 01:48 AMthis just in! so happy to own this awesome title!
IMG
Big Van Vader is so awesome lol. You should check out the All Japan Pro Giant Gram games also.

Lost: "GG 2000: All Japan Pro Wrestling 3 Vader and Hansen tag team play through"
They were ported to Saturn and DC. Tons of fun.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/26/2015, 01:35 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/25/2015, 01:48 AMthis just in! so happy to own this awesome title!
IMG
Big Van Vader is so awesome lol. You should check out the All Japan Pro Giant Gram games also.
They were ported to Saturn and DC. Tons of fun.
nice! thanks for the recommendation! I will have to check it out  im also surprised to see john laurenitis amd bart gunn who was tag team champions with billy gunn as well. also mma fighters in the game too. I love how so many different wrestling styles are represented in the game. a awesome game for sure

ToyMachine78

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/25/2015, 01:13 PM

IMG

My PS4 lasted about a month before failing. Shipping it for service next week.

VenomMacbeth

I broke down & ordered Eternal City a few days ago...I hope it's good enough to hold my attention for a bit, as I've been groping for a PCE game for to actually put some time into, instead of just arcade titles.  Whenever db_Electronics has the Turbo PC Henshin back in stock, I'm hoping to then get Neutopia, Dungeon Explorer...any other English-friendly turbo games? ;)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

JapanTokei

I haven't heard of this game ..  Is it for PCe?  How is it? 

I got no time for games these days, but just wanted to mention I saw a sick game at Yamada denki ( think massive bestbuy during bestbuy's heydays). Its  ps4 game where youbplay young Yakuza guy during the go-go $$$ days on the 80s Japan.  Liked insanely good with storyline too..  Any one of you having played that?   What is it called ?    Tats: maybe you know? 

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/30/2015, 03:08 PMI broke down & ordered Eternal City a few days ago...I hope it's good enough to hold my attention for a bit, as I've been groping for a PCE game for to actually put some time into, instead of just arcade titles.  Whenever db_Electronics has the Turbo PC Henshin back in stock, I'm hoping to then get Neutopia, Dungeon Explorer...any other English-friendly turbo games? ;)

Mathius

Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/30/2015, 09:45 PMI haven't heard of this game ..  Is it for PCe?  How is it? 

I got no time for games these days, but just wanted to mention I saw a sick game at Yamada denki ( think massive bestbuy during bestbuy's heydays). Its  ps4 game where youbplay young Yakuza guy during the go-go $$$ days on the 80s Japan.  Liked insanely good with storyline too..  Any one of you having played that?   What is it called ?    Tats: maybe you know? 

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/30/2015, 03:08 PMI broke down & ordered Eternal City a few days ago...I hope it's good enough to hold my attention for a bit, as I've been groping for a PCE game for to actually put some time into, instead of just arcade titles.  Whenever db_Electronics has the Turbo PC Henshin back in stock, I'm hoping to then get Neutopia, Dungeon Explorer...any other English-friendly turbo games? ;)
Tokie, if you don't start having more time for your games a "you" from the past is going to materialize in front of you and kick your ass.

cr8zykuban0

recent pickups from my local game store, retro city.
IMG

JapanTokei

Matti!!!!

There is no comeback I can to that..  Lol.. Truth hurts best from your friends ..  Hahha

For what it's worth I did buy Phantasy Star 1 for SMS and plan tobplay that again sometime soon since my 12 year old days. . hopefully my past doesnt appear before me by then or my are will be aching for sure.  Haha

Quote from: Mathius on 01/30/2015, 10:46 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/30/2015, 09:45 PMI haven't heard of this game ..  Is it for PCe?  How is it? 

Tokie, if you don't start having more time for your games a "you" from the past is going to materialize in front of you and kick your ass.

VenomMacbeth

Yup, it's a PCE Hucard.  I've never played it.  I've heard it's not very good, but it's got a bunch of interesting elements (mechs, exploration, side-scrolling action) that I'm hoping will make it an enjoyable experience despite it's supposed flaws (repetitive backgrounds, bland graphics, crap controls).

There's a thread about it not too far back in the PCE section if you're interested.

[EDIT] On another note, I just ordered one of db_Electronic's universal region convertors & am actually even more aroused than I thought I'd be.  I can't wait to finally play all four of my turbo games (Bonk's Excellent Adventure, Silent D. Buggers, Cadash, Sidearms) on the big screen...got a total Bonk boner, ya know?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Opethian

IMG

thanks elabits (also got a sokoban world!)
IMG

Tatsujin

1486654_10204343625444605_6926251172503279638_n.jpg
10685332_10204382475575834_3104644701295821993_n.jpg

this nice analog steer wheel for the ultimate 60fps outrun experience :D

10891875_10204155480261093_1275395226007684970_n.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Ope gots a Turbo Twin! :D

Tats gots a uber awesome fap machine! :D

cr8zykuban0

hell yeah cyrill! awesome gets!!! didnt know you lived in japan

JapanTokei

Ope's got TWO Turbo Twins doesn't he?  I see the red one too... nice..  been wanting one of those boxed for a while myself :)

Tats' setup is SWEET.  I love Outrun!!!

Quote from: Mathius on 01/31/2015, 10:57 PMOpe gots a Turbo Twin! :D

Tats gots a uber awesome fap machine! :D

Opethian

had it RGB and stereo modded by Kiel. looks awesome in RGB and the Translated LaGrange Point was courtesy elabit
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/31/2015, 10:41 PM1486654_10204343625444605_6926251172503279638_n.jpg
10685332_10204382475575834_3104644701295821993_n.jpg

this nice alnalouge steer wheel for the ultimate 60fps outrun experience :D
10891875_10204155480261093_1275395226007684970_n.jpg
Wow, that Saturn Setup is the best!!!  True 60FPS as well and the wheel!  I could sit there for hours playing that!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

vmorr

Local buy today. Not exactly a bargain but can't recall ever coming across another one. Just want Knuckles' Chaotix and that's probably all I'll buy for this thing.

/2zi0r9y.jpg

BlueBMW

32x?  Get Kolibri... you must get Kolibri....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

HailingTheThings

^ Yes, also check out Tempo.

Also, I bought a new TV, a bigger Panasonic Tau in black, has all the cute things I needed, also has composite/S-Video in the front. Yay. Here is a shitty picture:

IMG

Also, it has really come to my attention that the picture projecting from my Duo-R is off to the left more than it should be on most every game I play. Some games it looks pretty bad. I think doujindance did something else wrong on the mod besides the s-video as it only does this when using the RGB. eff.
IMG

MrFlutterPie

I bought a stupid ass Xbox 360 wireless adapter because my 360 is the crappy ancient original model.  #-o

jeffhlewis

Am I reading that right? 540 yen each for FF2 and Riding Hero? Damn.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/01/2015, 09:06 PM^ Yes, also check out Tempo.

Also, I bought a new TV, a bigger Panasonic Tau in black, has all the cute things I needed, also has composite/S-Video in the front. Yay. Here is a shitty picture:

IMG

Also, it has really come to my attention that the picture projecting from my Duo-R is off to the left more than it should be on most every game I play. Some games it looks pretty bad. I think doujindance did something else wrong on the mod besides the s-video as it only does this when using the RGB. eff.
Nothing wrong with your mod.  RGB tends to favor one side of the screen for some reason.  When going RGB adjusting the monitor is quite normal.

And yes jeff, FF2 and Riding Hero are worthless over here.  You can find boxes full of FF2 in some stores.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

cr8zykuban0

vmorr

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/01/2015, 08:32 PM32x?  Get Kolibri... you must get Kolibri....
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/01/2015, 09:06 PM^ Yes, also check out Tempo.
Appreciate the suggestions. I'll keep an eye out, they both look interesting. Pretty much just assumed all games on the 32x were crap lol

JapanTokei

Deadite is the RGB master and seems to know everything about it  :) 
I just bought a SCART TV from europe (will pick it up in the US), so I can finally try out my RGB moded Duo-RX after all these years!!  ETA March is when I can finally do that.... lol

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 02/01/2015, 09:51 PM

IMG

Nothing wrong with your mod.  RGB tends to favor one side of the screen for some reason.  When going RGB adjusting the monitor is quite normal.

And yes jeff, FF2 and Riding Hero are worthless over here.  You can find boxes full of FF2 in some stores.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 02/01/2015, 09:51 PMNothing wrong with your mod.  RGB tends to favor one side of the screen for some reason.  When going RGB adjusting the monitor is quite normal.
Good to know, thank you very much. Would a proper component mod have her favor* both sides equally?

*That's what she said. - Sorry, Nulltard.

Quote from: vmorr on 02/01/2015, 11:35 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/01/2015, 08:32 PM32x?  Get Kolibri... you must get Kolibri....
Appreciate the suggestions. I'll keep an eye out, they both look interesting. Pretty much just assumed all games on the 32x were crap lol
When I first got a 32x at a young age I thought that as well. It wasn't until much, much later that I realized the 32x had at least, oh I don't know, five good games, depending on who you ask, of course.
IMG

xcrement5x

Space Harrier 32X is also pretty friggin' awesome too.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

cr8zykuban0

just got these in. i did an awesome transaction with a member of the neo geo forums. traded my ninja masters mvs kit for 140 bucks cash and these awesome titles!!
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2015, 10:25 AM
Space Harrier 32X is also pretty friggin' awesome too.
I totes have a loosey goosey coppo o'dat gamu, tis fun, think I snagged it from a local Play N Trade for a few bucks yearsss and yearss agozers.

IMG
IMG

wildfruit

Got galaga 88 and Valkyrie no Densetsu from blue bmw

TR0N

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/02/2015, 05:10 PMjust got these in. i did an awesome transaction with a member of the neo geo forums. traded my ninja masters mvs kit for 140 bucks cash and these awesome titles!!
IMG
I wouldn't congrats you for the PS1 port of x-men vs sf but the Saturn version is more closer to the arcade.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: TR0N on 02/03/2015, 02:48 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/02/2015, 05:10 PMjust got these in. i did an awesome transaction with a member of the neo geo forums. traded my ninja masters mvs kit for 140 bucks cash and these awesome titles!!
IMG
I wouldn't congrats you for the PS1 port of x-men vs sf the Saturn version is more closer to the arcade.
foreals? i might have to look into getting a saturn copy. i recently got children of the atom on jap saturn. cant wait to try it out

TR0N

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/03/2015, 02:56 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/03/2015, 02:48 AM
IMG
I wouldn't congrats you for the PS1 port of x-men vs sf the Saturn version is more closer to the arcade.
foreals? i might have to look into getting a saturn copy. i recently got children of the atom on jap saturn. cant wait to try it out
Yeah the saturn version is closer to,thanks to it using the 4-meg ram cartridge.The PS1 version has it's share of cuts just to be able to run on the console.
X-Men vs. Street Fighter Review for the Sega Saturn
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

ill have to look into that tron. for some reason, my action replay 4 in 1 cart wont read on my saturn and its the only way I can play imports :(

does anyone know why this may be? does it only work with certain models of the saturn?