The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

nothing of great importance but had to get one of this multi plug extensions from japan for my japanese consoles.

/vGwx8me.jpg

Bloufo

Found a cheapie third party Wii U GC controller adapter,

IMG

Nice step-down voltage converter for hooking up some of my older US/JP consoles. In this neck of the woods we operate on 220/230 volts.

IMG

Got one of these Magic-NS controller adapters,

IMG

If you're going to use a compatible controller with it on a Nintendo Switch, with the Switch being out of its dock, you need that adaptor cable (as below),

IMG

Also picked up one of these SNES to NES/SNES Classic controller adapters,

IMG

With this adapter, if you wanted to you can now also use your old wired SNES sticks in a 'wireless' fashion (albeit tethered to a Wiimote) on the SNES Classic by syncing to an 8bitdo classic wireless receiver.

IMG

Warbucks

Everyone seems to be on an adapter kick lately. :lol:

xcrement5x

Wow, that is kind of a weird setup, I wouldn't call it wireless, but "less wires" ;)

But I guess if it works who cares!

EDIT: Just got a new thing!

IMG

The Summon Night 6 Wonderful Edtion for the Playstation Vita is here!

Released by Gaijinworks this LE is pretty amazing, and they definitely set the bar high with this one when it comes to production values. 

Besides the game itself there is a double-sided poster, character plush, full CD soundtrack, coaster set with headshots, and a 200 page hardbound artbook! To keep it all together it comes in a heavy chipboard box with full color printing all over and magnets to keep it closed and with a helpful pull ribbon for opening.

It was a long time coming, but man was it worth it. 

EvilEvoIX

Got a bunch of those SNES classics.  Sold them to my friends for cost
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2017, 12:30 PMWow, that is kind of a weird setup, I wouldn't call it wireless, but "less wires" ;)

But I guess if it works who cares!

EDIT: Just got a new thing!

IMG

The Summon Night 6 Wonderful Edtion for the Playstation Vita is here!

Released by Gaijinworks this LE is pretty amazing, and they definitely set the bar high with this one when it comes to production values. 

Besides the game itself there is a double-sided poster, character plush, full CD soundtrack, coaster set with headshots, and a 200 page hardbound artbook! To keep it all together it comes in a heavy chipboard box with full color printing all over and magnets to keep it closed and with a helpful pull ribbon for opening.

It was a long time coming, but man was it worth it. 
I got a gray plushie with my PS4 one.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

I got mine today. Pink plushie. The pin just makes me want WD pins. :(

TR0N

IMG
Yeah LRG got the PS4 version of skullgirls out finally.For the FOTNS bluray it's just  SD and not HD but it's picture is still good.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

The really nice thing about that Fist blu is the disc count compared to the dvd set.

TR0N

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/14/2017, 07:53 AMThe really nice thing about that Fist blu is the disc count compared to the dvd set.
Yeah it's only three discs plus fotns on bluray is cheaper then the dvds.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

I find it odd when you can buy a Blu-ray compilation release for penny o. The dollar of a DVD older release.

nectarsis

/zpskvtppabb.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jtucci31

The short but sweet Titanfall 2 campaign was really great. And still has a decent amount of people playing it online.

PukeSter

Will be buying this when it comes out. As an n64 fan, I'm extremely excited! The regular controller is okay but not perfect. This looks quite a bit comfier. Supposed to come out in December or January.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller

IMG

nectarsis

finally got off my ass and got a case for my 3DS, plus other goodies

/zpsx3nwzho2.jpg

Mathius

Groover

I bought Night Trap and TED V2 today.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Stranger things season one for $10. I could not say no to that

nectarsis

a nice hauly this year (COD is an early Christmas present for one of the kiddos) a few movies for the wifey

/zpssjui5tkb.jpg
/zpsmdrdoxy9.jpg

Mathius

Oh man it's a super haul! And a Stranger Things Christmas all around too. Such a great show. I just started watching it last week. Right up all our alley.

Flare65

The Honest Movie Trailers recently did Stranger Things.  Worth a watch...here is a link and they don't spoil anything about season 2.

Flare65

IMG

Some pick ups.

Got Ar Nosurge Plus in a trade.  Plan on playing this one when I'm stranded at the in-laws for three days at Christmas.  Wife said I had to remain sober with her family this year.  :(

Semisphere is a very different puzzle game from anything else I have played. Lots of thinking on this one, but very enjoyable.....the sound track is so relaxing it puts you to sleep.  It did come with a soundtrack CD that I'm going to burn a copy of it for my alarm clock and use it as a white noise machine.

Curse of Castilla is a great Ghouls N' Ghost style game.  Sound track sounds like it came straight off the Sega Genesis.  Enjoying this one a lot.  Highly recommended.

Axiom Verge.  I thought long and hard about buying this on either the Switch or the Vita.  I already had it digitally on the Vita from some sale Sony did a while back.  I hated the touch controls the Vita version used on the corner of the screen for certain abilities.  I settled on the Switch version instead for the larger screen and the extra buttons the controller.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 11/25/2017, 04:53 PMThe Honest Movie Trailers recently did Stranger Things.  Worth a watch...here is a link and they don't spoil anything about season 2.
Well they kind of do spoil two things.

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/25/2017, 05:54 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 11/25/2017, 04:53 PMThe Honest Movie Trailers recently did Stranger Things.  Worth a watch...here is a link and they don't spoil anything about season 2.
Well they kind of do spoil two things.
I would recommend going in completely blind so that the little surprise touches they put in will have full effect. Don't even watch the opening credits before you actually dive in properly.

Digi.k

Got a new Amp.. now waiting on the speakers and cables... and best way to hook the retro stuff to it..
/ipDMRYI.jpg

Gredler

Nice receiver!!!

I literally just hooked up a Onkyo 6xx model to my old school game center two weekends ago. I am using some old Sony satellite speakers and s-video, composite, and component for all of my systems that support them, and it actually improved the video quality of all of the connected systems. I also need to invest in a powered sub, but that and some better front speakers will have to wait until after the holidays. Enjoy and please update us with your speaker selection when they land!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Flare65 on 11/25/2017, 05:18 PMIMG

Some pick ups.

Got Ar Nosurge Plus in a trade.  Plan on playing this one when I'm stranded at the in-laws for three days at Christmas.  Wife said I had to remain sober with her family this year.  :(

Semisphere is a very different puzzle game from anything else I have played. Lots of thinking on this one, but very enjoyable.....the sound track is so relaxing it puts you to sleep.  It did come with a soundtrack CD that I'm going to burn a copy of it for my alarm clock and use it as a white noise machine.

Curse of Castilla is a great Ghouls N' Ghost style game.  Sound track sounds like it came straight off the Sega Genesis.  Enjoying this one a lot.  Highly recommended.

Axiom Verge.  I thought long and hard about buying this on either the Switch or the Vita.  I already had it digitally on the Vita from some sale Sony did a while back.  I hated the touch controls the Vita version used on the corner of the screen for certain abilities.  I settled on the Switch version instead for the larger screen and the extra buttons the controller.
Nice get on the Ar no Surge, I know it's quite hard to find now.

cr8zykuban0

Sold off my xbone to get me a switch and also got some games to go along with it!
Tiny Barbarian dx
Super Bomberman R
Ittle dew 2+
Bonding of isaac
Splatoon 2 (got this for 35 bucks!)

Also got me a nice copy of cyber lip! very happy to have this!!!
IMG

Medic_wheat

For a moment I thought cyberlip was ported to the switch lol.

That would be something. Neo Geo games getting physical ports to the switch.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/28/2017, 10:08 PMFor a moment I thought cyberlip was ported to the switch lol.

That would be something. Neo Geo games getting physical ports to the switch.
that would be awesome to see. Maybe at least the higher end neo geo titles or a sequal to snk arcade classic

NecroPhile

I snagged me a OLED Vita, Mod Nation Racers Roadtrip, FIFA Soccer, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and 4 and 8 gig memory cards.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I got a brand-new looking copy of Jumping Flash in a bigdickPSX box for 18$

it looks like whoever owned it never actually touched it.

The case has like no doofy nicks or dents.

Fuck N64.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2017, 02:19 PMI got a brand-new looking copy of Jumping Flash in a bigdickPSX box for 18$

Fuck N64.
I played the hell out of that game when it was new. Really need to track down a longbox copy as I haven't played it since.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2017, 02:19 PMI got a brand-new looking copy of Jumping Flash in a bigdickPSX box for 18$

Fuck N64.
Longboxes R Dumb.
that's why I don't have that game.
JF2 now, that's a good game.
Came in a standard jewel case and everything.

Arkhan Asylum

OG BigDick PS1 boxes are awesome what are you talking about.

They don't fit good, get in the way, and break easily.

Its the best.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 11/30/2017, 04:04 AM

Fuck N64.
Longboxes R Dumb.
that's why I don't have that game.
JF2 now, that's a good game.
Came in a standard jewel case and everything.
You could buy the game loose as put it in a jewel case with fan art.

Mathius

I like ps1 style longboxes way better than the fragile Sega versions. Games like Doom that were re-released in standard jewel cases just didn't have the same cool factor.

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 11/30/2017, 05:51 PMI like ps1 style longboxes way better than the fragile Sega versions. Games like Doom that were re-released in standard jewel cases just didn't have the same cool factor.
The only reason the longbox doom MIGHT be better is because the disc has actual art on it.

but longboxes are dumb.
they were dumb for saturn, and they're even dumber for PSX cuz you can't really replace them

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me Dragon Slayer - The Legend Of Heroes, Dragon Slayer - The Legend Of Heroes II, Pastel Lime, Hatsukoi Monogatari, Dennou Tenshi - Digital Angel, Dragon Half, Private Eye Dol, and a few things for Secret Santa.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2017, 10:26 AMYesterday's mail brought me Dragon Slayer - The Legend Of Heroes, Dragon Slayer - The Legend Of Heroes II, Pastel Lime, Hatsukoi Monogatari, Dennou Tenshi - Digital Angel, Dragon Half, Private Eye Dol, and a few things for Secret Santa.
I find dragon half to be funny for an early dub.

Bloufo

Clone 2600 for $5 from a thrift store,

IMG

IMG

Also picked up a mini SNES, and one of those Retro Gen adapters,

IMG

A bit of trivia,

As I found out, SMS/Mark III games can work on a SNES. lol

IMG

Digi.k

love that SNES jnr

finally got my speakers after a mix up from amazon where it said that they were delivered and I had to dispute it, after a week I got my money back and ordered from another place.

/zx1DRTJ.jpg?1

xcrement5x

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/06/2017, 09:58 AMlove that SNES jnr

finally got my speakers after a mix up from amazon where it said that they were delivered and I had to dispute it, after a week I got my money back and ordered from another place.

/zx1DRTJ.jpg
I've had Amazon dicking up my order recently too, or maybe it's the USPS.  Either way when I pay for prime I expect the delivery windows to be correct, even if they take like 3 friggin days to ship the item.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2017, 10:18 AMI've had Amazon dicking up my order recently too, or maybe it's the USPS.  Either way when I pay for prime I expect the delivery windows to be correct, even if they take like 3 friggin days to ship the item.
I just had them 1 day a single Lupin movie (LOOOOL) because they waited to ship it. I ordered it Sunday and they didn't ship until yesterday. This is the kind of crap that causes them to lose money.

Gredler

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/06/2017, 09:58 AMlove that SNES jnr

/zx1DRTJ.jpg
Dang I looked those up on Amazon and wow they cost a pretty penny, congratulations on those bad boys I am sure they will sound spectacular!

Mathius

The wifey bought me an early Christmas gift this year. I finally got a snes mini! I'm super impressed with its build quality, especially the controllers. Great and surprising selection of games. My only complaints are the length of the controller cords though I'm sure someone out there will be making extensions for them soon.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 12/06/2017, 05:24 PMThe wifey bought me an early Christmas gift this year. I finally got a snes mini! I'm super impressed with its build quality, especially the controllers. Great and surprising selection of games. My only complaints are the length of the controller cords though I'm sure someone out there will be making extensions for them soon.
I highly recommend the wireless hori snes controllers. They look and feel great IMO.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Mathius on 12/06/2017, 05:24 PMThe wifey bought me an early Christmas gift this year. I finally got a snes mini! I'm super impressed with its build quality, especially the controllers. Great and surprising selection of games. My only complaints are the length of the controller cords though I'm sure someone out there will be making extensions for them soon.
they already exist man.  It's just usb exts. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZN8NG7/ref=asc_df_B06ZZN8NG75293303/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B06ZZN8NG7&linkCode=df0&hvadid=228860412633&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3971286824721349580&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003974&hvtargid=pla-377660178601

Also after hearing about them, and no one complaining too much about the lag, I think I am also going to grab a wireless to go with mine too.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

I'll check out those wireless Hori controllers I guess.  :)