If you ever found yourself in a fight to the death with a hobo...

Started by Zeon, 07/02/2008, 07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeon

This stems from something I mentioned on the shout box the other day. The question is this:

If you ever found yourself in a fight to the death with a hobo what video game music would you want playing in the background?

Personally I would totally love the Dungeon Explorer II versus battle music, no way I'm gonna lose to a stinkin' hobo with that tune playing!

So what about everyone else what kind of epic video game music would you want in your fight to the death with a hobo?

Windancer

Mine would be from Ys book 1. the fight against Dark fact. that would be an epic battle to the death! Actually the Hobo may get pumped during that Tune and pose a threat LOL I could be in some trouble here  ](*,)

MissaFX

I'd want Rock is Sponge from Rez playing in the background myself, or maybe if it was an epic hobo, the song played when you fight sephroth in FF7.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

MissaFX

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/02/2008, 08:12 PM:-k :-k Epic hobo you say??
For example, as a six year old boy, Timmy was thrust on to the cold and hard streets by his unloving and undeserving parents.  Any deserving parents would have sold their kid on Craigslist, but that is another story.

In order to survive, Timmy found himself having to catch live rats.  Further, because all the metal barrels suitable to a proper hobo-fire were already claimed by other, or in some cases groups of hobos; Timmy was forced to eat his rats after he caught them, raw.  After 4 years of catching rats, Timmy graduates to catching and eating cats, soon then on to dogs.  By the time Timmy was 18, he could catch and kill one of the sewer aligators with his bare hands.  However this too became a bore for Timmy until one day he watched a special on African animals though the window of a department store and saw his future open up before him.  The next day he stole a ride on a UPS freight flight and he was on his way to Zimbabwe.  22 years later after he has been living off a diet of Lion and Elephant, as well as the occasional Rhino and our friend has officially become an Epic Hobo.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Joe Redifer

If I am fighting a homeless person I think I'd want music from a game that only homeless people would play, like Tommy Lasorda Baseball or something.  I bet homeless people would love that music and it really gives you the homeless "feel" which would be important to give the fight the proper ambience.  If I were fighting a human being that mattered, I'd want the music to be from a game that mattered as well, like Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf.

Zeon

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/02/2008, 08:54 PMIf I am fighting a homeless person I think I'd want music from a game that only homeless people would play, like Tommy Lasorda Baseball or something.  I bet homeless people would love that music and it really gives you the homeless "feel" which would be important to give the fight the proper ambience.  If I were fighting a human being that mattered, I'd want the music to be from a game that mattered as well, like Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf.
Keep in mind Joe Redifer that this is an EPIC hobo fight, to the death no less. Wouldn't you want some kick ass tune to pump you up and keep you from getting killed?

CrackTiger

Something epic like the big boss music from Kabukiden or the final boss music from Neutopia.

Then I'd bust out strictly crazy over the top moves, like trying to shouryuken or tatsumakisenpukyaku in real life. I'd likely have my throat slit with a broken beer bottle within 90 seconds.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

albinoMithos

Epic battle music?  Either the Dungeon Explorer II versus music or the overworld music from Bikkuriman's World.  There are others, but those kick ass. Also Missa wins this thread.

Turbo D

I'd have the music from the final form of Lavos playing. Thats as epic as they come!!!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I'd just tell the homeless person (who is inferior to real people so they are easy to defeat) that if he wins, he must get a job.  I'm sure he'd rather die.

ParanoiaDragon

The Ys Origin version of Termination(where you fight Darm), with it's Sephirothic vocals & guitar & violin, it gets me pumped!  I couldn't find a link to just the music, so, here's the boss battle of Thor Fact vs. Darm.....when you can actually hear the music:
IMG

WoodyXP

I'd have to bump the music from the final boss on Double Dragon II.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=YkaQs1sOhuU

Good ole fashioned, cheesey ass beating music.
"I bathe in AES carts."

termis

LOL, this thread is awesome.

I'd choose the BGM for Ken's stage from SF2 (complete with "Round one, Fight!" voice from the narrator).  Ain't no better one-to-one fighting music than that!  :D

PCEngineHell

I guess if it had to be,then Double Dragon or Final Fight music lol.

Ceti Alpha

Nice topic.  :lol:

I'd have to go with Soldier Blade level 1 music.  8)

Oh, I just hope I don't find myself up against Hobo with a Shotgun. http://www.hobowithashotgun.com/video.php
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

The more I think about it, the more I'd want the music from Sanford and Son to be playing (from the Sanford and Son videogame, of course).

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG