@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Zeroigar ADPCM music dumper.

Started by Mednafen, 07/29/2008, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mednafen

March 14, 2015 Update:

I fixed the ADPCM decoding algorithm in the music dumper(it was totally wrong before), and uploaded the updated source code and Opus encodes(playable directly in Firefox, at least) of the resulting WAV files to:

lost: sarsie.fobby . net/pcfx/zeroigar/

Mednafen

Aww, no comments? :(
The game has some good music, even if the gameplay is mediocre!

albinoMithos

She's not lying the music is pretty awesome.

MissaFX

Even if I don't say nothin', rest assured, I am impressed. :D
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Arm

The tunes are pretty catchy. They sound like other shoot em up from the early 90s due to the nature of the synth.
For some reason, they also remind me of some of Nihon Falcom Ys series music and Iwadare's early Langrisser music style.

esteban

CALL TO ARMS:

No...

CALL TO ACTION: I want as much PC-FX music available for folks to download and listen to. Even slow folks. Like me, who still listen to a lot of stuff as .mp3's...

Anyway, I already have MIRACULUM, but it is the only PC-FX game currently listed:

https://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=platform&val=pc-fx

I would love to add more soundtracks.

If you can help (including cover image, any trivia or interesting information), then do not hesitate! Do it, now!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

esteban

Joe Redifer

PM me when you get dat up yo!

Mednafen

esteban

Quote from: Mednafen on 03/14/2015, 08:11 AMUpdated.
Thank you! :)

A long time ago I downloaded Miraculum (thank you for that!)...have there been any developments since then (meta data/tags for track listing...composer... re-rip using different settings/format...etc.)

Also, to your knowledge, what PC-FX soundtracks have been liberated so far?

Again, comrade, thank you.

Mednafen

I *think*(things get jumbled around a bit as you get older :p) I still need to go back and fix the Miraculum music dumper to use the proper algorithm.

I updated the Der Langrisser FX dumping program(and music file encodes) a few years back: http://sarsie.fobby.net/Music/der-langrisser-fx/

At one point I had written an (unreleased) program to extract the ADPCM music from Farland Story FX, but I seem to have lost the source code...

esteban

Quote from: Mednafen on 03/14/2015, 08:34 AMI *think*(things get jumbled around a bit as you get older :p) I still need to go back and fix the Miraculum music dumper to use the proper algorithm.

I updated the Der Langrisser FX dumping program(and music file encodes) a few years back: http://sarsie.fobby.net/Music/der-langrisser-fx/

At one point I had written an (unreleased) program to extract the ADPCM music from Farland Story FX, but I seem to have lost the source code...
Firstly, thank you for the information. :)

Secondly, ...

No! Don't say that the Farland Story FX project was lost! That is a cruel, cruel tease. :( :)

esteban

SamIAm

Hey esteban (and any other loonies who like game music as much as me).

I used Mednafen and the two player mode to make a rip of the chiptunes from Battle Heat. I didn't get the menu and title screen stuff, but the menu is pretty unremarkable and the title screen cuts out early.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32377930/Battle%20Heat%20Music.rar

I recommend tracks 1, 2 and 6. 3 and 10 are OK.

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 03/16/2015, 01:02 AMHey esteban (and any other loonies who like game music as much as me).

I used Mednafen and the two player mode to make a rip of the chiptunes from Battle Heat. I didn't get the menu and title screen stuff, but the menu is pretty unremarkable and the title screen cuts out early.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32377930/Battle%20Heat%20Music.rar

I recommend tracks 1, 2 and 6. 3 and 10 are OK.
Hell yes! :)

Thank you. I'll update the music page and make all of these PC-FX soundtracks available...at some point in near future.

QUESTION: There are no official track names, are there? I know it is unlikely, but just curious if any info exists for PC-FX soundtrack (composers?).

The music is the most important, of course.

:)

SamIAm

If there's a longplay out there, I suppose I could look at the credits.

I'm actually not sure which theme corresponds to which player, because you get different music depending on who is fighting who, and who is player 1 and who is player 2. I'm pretty sure for most of them, but not quite all of them.

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 03/16/2015, 10:52 PMIf there's a longplay out there, I suppose I could look at the credits.

I'm actually not sure which theme corresponds to which player, because you get different music depending on who is fighting who, and who is player 1 and who is player 2. I'm pretty sure for most of them, but not quite all of them.
I've been listening to all the tracks throughout the day :)

Very nice. Thanks again.

Mednafen

I found the old Farland Story FX ADPCM music dumper I made while digging around in an old hard drive.  Now I remember why I didn't ever upload it, the music is really meh....but if you still want to listen: 

http://sarsie.fobby.net/pcfx/farland/

PS: 10 and 11 are lies and do not exist, death to the binary-clad ones, long live 12.

esteban

Quote from: Mednafen on 03/17/2015, 01:03 PMI found the old Farland Story FX ADPCM music dumper I made while digging around in an old hard drive.  Now I remember why I didn't ever upload it, the music is really meh....but if you still want to listen: 

http://sarsie.fobby.net/pcfx/farland/

PS: 10 and 11 are lies and do not exist, death to the binary-clad ones, long live 12.
I can't wait to hear this. :)

Thank you for salvaging it.

Even one song that is semi-decent will make it worthwhile, as far as I am concerned.

Joe Redifer

I'm curious WTF .opus is and why of all things you chose that. A zip archive would have been nice as well but looking at the .opus choice it likely would have been some odd compression format like .zoo instead or maybe .cpio. :)

Mednafen

https://www.opus-codec.org/

Opus is an open audio codec standardized around 2012.  It has higher quality at lower bitrates than alternatives, and it actually has a realistic chance of eventually being supported natively in Microsoft's web browsers, which is sadly more than I can say for Vorbis...

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/18/2015, 03:53 AMI'm curious WTF .opus is and why of all things you chose that.
Do you prefer .bill?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Well actually I prefer .aif since I can play that. Well I can play .opus as well but I can't convert it to anything. Well I can convert it but I have to do it in real time by recording an AIF as it plays.

esteban

I know there are only a few fellow freaks out there, but here is what we have so far:

IMG

SamIAm

kazekirifx

I'd kill to have all the Blue Breaker chiptunes. As far as I know the game doesn't have a soundtest. Is there any conceivable way to extract those?

esteban

Quote from: kazekirifx on 03/30/2015, 09:36 PMI'd kill to have all the Blue Breaker chiptunes. As far as I know the game doesn't have a soundtest. Is there any conceivable way to extract those?
If the Gods are gracious.

Joe Redifer

I like playing the chiptunes on my TurboGrafx-16 where they belong. Listened to all of Team Innocent like this.

kazekirifx

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/31/2015, 06:24 PMI like playing the chiptunes on my TurboGrafx-16 where they belong. Listened to all of Team Innocent like this.
You played the HES files on your TG16?

Joe Redifer

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Joe Redifer

Turbo Everdrive. Rename the .HES file to .PCE, load it and play.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/02/2015, 05:42 PMTurbo Everdrive. Rename the .HES file to .PCE, load it and play.
That was one of the first things I tried and it has never worked. From what little info I've found online, it sounds like the different firmware revisions are only to support slightly different physical components.

I just went though a bunch of .hes files which don't have working sound roms and even tried some that do and still none of them worked... until I finally found a couple that did. One of which sounds like it's missing random sound channels compared to what it sounds like in Mednafen.

Maybe the Turbo Everdrive is finicky like the Tototek card, which sometimes won't play particular roms unless they're the only one on the card?

I'm still not comfortable recording .hes soundtracks off of the TE until I can do more tests to rule out the missing instruments/sound channels.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kazekirifx

How about ease of use? Isn't it a bit of a chore to have to load each one as an individual ROM? It's not quite as slick as a sound test I'd imagine. Would be cool if someone could design a nice .hes player to run on the PCE. (Sorry I'm just talking out of my ass here, as I don't have any of the technical skills.)

Joe Redifer

It's worked for me on the ones I tried and Team Innocent sounds exactly like the PC-FX. Maybe even better since the Turbo Graffic 16 is actually a real PC Engine whereas the PC-FX is only a wannabe PC Engine. I have the original Turbo Everdrive. I'm sure there are bad HES files out there, though... people not making them correctly or whatever.

Kfjfeowi you don't have to load each and every individual song. Just press left and right. There's no onscreen help, of course.