10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Lyrics for video game music...

Started by Zeon, 10/24/2008, 07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeon

So I seem to have an active imagination. Often when I listen to chip music, my mind starts formulating lyrics for it. Often times, they have absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in the game the music is accompanying. Today I was bored to the point that I decided to write down the lyrics my mind made up for round 3 in Bonks Adventure (I think it's round 3):

Oh there he goes, Don Felipe, Oh here he comes Don Felipe!
Oh here we go, Don Felipe, Oh yes it's true he loves the melons
Oh they are so good, the watermelons. Everybody wants some of the melon

Oh there he goes, Don Felipe, Better watch out it's Felipe!
Oh there he goes, Don Felipe, Better watch out it's Felipe!

He's gonna throw a melon
Juicy ripened melon
Gonna get Don now
Watch out for that melon.

You know you love the melon
Juicy ripend melon
So don't dare fret now
He loves to toss the melon.

(instrumentation solo)

So am I nuts, or do you guys do the same thing sometimes?

Joe Redifer

You are nuts!  Post a MIDI file or MP3 of that music so we can sing along.

JoshTurboTrollX

QuoteOh there he goes, Don Felipe, Oh here he comes Don Felipe!
Oh here we go, Don Felipe, Oh yes it's true he loves the melons
Oh they are so good, the watermelons. Everybody wants some of the melon.....  ...etc
that actually works well (in my head) for level one.

I always sang "Whats the fuss tell me whats a happenin', Whats the fuss tell me whats a happenin', Whats the fuss tell me whats a happenin', Whats the fuss tell me whats a happenin',"  Whenever I got a star in Super mario One.

Or when you get invincibility in Sonic games for the Genesis-
"Recycle, Recycle Man, YEAH you gotta Recycle ,Recycle Man!! (repeat, till your un-invincible)  I should just record this crap and put it on youtube.....LMAO

but yes Zeon, I do get what your saying, and I do the same thing!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Oh man, I make lyrics to game music all the time! There are a lot classics around here that we sing and I gained some small status in a Ventrilo server for singing them.

One of my most famous is Level 1 - 2 in Super Mario Bros: "Do you have a problem? Do you have a problem? <lower> Do you have a problem? Do you have a problem? If so call <insert random phone number here and make the last digit a zero and stretch the sound for it>." Those creepy words randomly popped in my mind when I was like five.

I have a few for Bonk's Adventure too. For the desert level: "Baked burrito, baked, baked, burrito. Baked burrito, hot baked burrito." this goes on until the chorus "You can put it in the toaster oven! Or you can stick it in the microwave! And when it is done cooking, you can take it out and eeeeaaaatt it!"

I was working on an epic piece for the first level of Contra, but lost the lyrics (still remember some).

When I was playing FFVII the other month, I was singing along to the town and world map music making up lyrics on the spot for like an hour straight with no delays.

Nintega made up a pretty awesome song for some game in one of his YouTube videos.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ninja Spirit

Hahah I can't wait to hear that shit myself!

Back around 1994-ish, there was this annoying fat kid named Wallace from our days of hanging out at the Y during the summer, so we were playing Ninja Gaiden 2, and we made lyrics making fun of Wallace to Act 2-2 BGM

Arjak

I vaguely remember listening to midis of Castlevania music and making up lyrics. I can't post them because I either don't remember or they were somewhat offensive.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Lord Thag

I have a friend of invents obscene lyrics for game music. Occasionally, he's quite funny. Can't remembe any of them now though, alas.
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

kid_rondeau

This one works well for any of the Bonk games' (as well as Air Zonk's) invincibility music. I got the idea to sing these lyrics from "I Hate Your Guts" by the Nobodys, because it kind of sounds like that song:

"I really think (hey!)
I really think (hey!)
I really think I HATE YOUR GUTS..."

over and over again, until it stops. Find that next piece of meat!!!

somery

This is a great idea for a thread! I'm sure some of you have heard "Link, He Come to Town" that puts lyrics to the Legend of Zelda theme music...
Link, he come to town
Come to save
The princess Zelda
Ganon took her away
So now the children no play
But they will
When Link saves the day
Halelujah!
Now Link,
Fill up your hearts
So you can shoot
Your sword with power
And when you're feeling all down
The fairy will come around
So you'll be brave
And not a
Sissy coward

Now Link
Has saved the day
Put Ganon
In his grave
And now Zelda is free
And our hero shall be
Link
I think your name shall go down into history!

Ninja Spirit

Dungeon music of Last Battle/Fist of the North Star for Genesis