genesis/sega cd sound and video issues

Started by TH0R, 11/09/2008, 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TH0R

there's a low, kind of fuzziness in the sound ... more noticeable at higher volumes, and some weird vertical bars in the backround...especially on the dark screens...constantly, using sega a/v cord and a/c adapters...are the a/c adapters different for both systems though?

Joe Redifer

The bars are just a fact of life concerning composite video on the Genesis.  You can get around this by adding a 32X (assuming it has all of the required cables).  This clears up the vertical bar problem since it has its own composite video encoder.  Or you can use RGB or get an S-video mod.  The fuzziness you hear is likely inherent to the particular model of Genesis you have.  Late model ones and some model 2's have this.  Late model 1s do not have "High Definition Graphics" printed above the cartridge slot.

IMG

The AC adaptors are different.  The Genesis model 1 uses one that is 17w and the Sega CD model 1 uses one that is 35w.  I have no clue about the model 2s.

TH0R

thanks, i checked the adapters and they are both 18w... i also have a gen/scd both version 1 that plays fine w/out these problems, originally it came with some funky power adapters that completely f'd everything up when i hooked it up but worked fine still with the 18w adapters...weird... the one with the sound/ vid issues is also a version 1 gen w/ a version 2 scd ... sux though, i was hoping it could be fixed by replacing sound caps or something

CrackTiger

I think that Model 2 Sega-CD systems run fine on a Model 1 Genesis ac adaptor.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TH0R

does the mega drive/ mega cd have the same problem? can i use a mega drive with my scd 2?...weird, my buddy has a similar problem with his ps3