@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 03/22/2013, 04:52 PMHere is the latest Victory Run.  I am not sure why YouTube has "stretched" my video to the incorrect aspect ratio.  I am using the same settings, same file format, same EVERYTHING as always.  And.....that is bugging the hell out of me....you have NO idea.  But, I'm not re-uploading it again.  Ha ha.   
Thanks everyone as always.
Chris

Victory Run:
I didn't know until now damn it jim i'm a doctor not a bricklayer !!!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Carparama

esteban

OVERALL, EXCELLENT Victory Run review. :pcgs:

STATUS on MINUTIAE: Bucci was too nice about the sound effects in Victory Run. Even back in the day, I thought the sound effects were WEAK SAUCE and WAY TOO LOUD. It's OK to have rudimentary sound effects if the VOLUME is low (subtle). Sadly, far too many developers erred on the side of ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME with SFX. Call it a pet peeve. To add insult to injury, the tunes in Victory Run are actually good, so *overly loud* SFX interrupt the experience. NOTE: ENGINE/ACCELERATION SFX ARE BASIC BUT FINE and add to the experience.

WHAT BUCCI COULD HAVE EMPHASIZED MORE: He does point out that folks have to experiment/develop/devise strategies for managing parts (a crucial element to game if you actually intend to beat it)...but the same can be said for managing the terrain (the car responds differently to different terrrain....trial and error on later tracks is TOUGH PILL TO SWALLOW because you worked so hard, conserving your parts, pushing speed limits to make good time, only to SCRATCH YOUR HEAD wondering why you are FAILING to make any good time on the SAVANNAH stage--should you stay in third gear? will that be fast enough to make good time?)

BOTTOM LINE: Bucci delivers another enjoyable, fair review of Victory Run. I happen to love the hell out of this game, but I suppose he's right: most folks won't have the patience to get past a few stages.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ChrisBucci

Thanks for watching and esteban...thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game.  One of the reasons I started Turbo Views a few years ago was to begin "discussions" about TurboGrafx possibly in the YouTube arena (granted...you guys don't need MY help due to this awesome forum, but with others who aren't a part of this necessarily).  So, it's great when we can all just talk about our different opinions and ideas on the same subject.  You know?

Thanks always everyone.  :)
Chris

Carparama

I just watched the World Class Baseball and I was shocked when you said the fielders may not be in the right place.  The shadows WOULD screw somebody up, but until you mentioned them, I never noticed.  I always followed the ball.  I also started playing this game in 1991, so how did I never notice?  :)

Love watching these reviews every so often.

EvilEvoIX

This guy is the best.  I love everything about this guys reviews.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ChrisBucci

Ha ha, Carparama.  Indeed!  And that is the great part about this whole "review" thing...you'll do things one way, I'll do things another way.  And in the end...we go...what the what huh?   ;)

Thanks EvilEvoIX.  I am not a professional.  But I try to be as detailed, honest and precise as I can so that way...even if you don't agree with me...you'll know where I'm coming from.  You know?  And hopefully, those who have never played any of the games before can form their own opinion about it based on what they see/hear.  Not sure if I pull it off all the time...but, what can ya' do?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: spida1a on 03/23/2013, 08:47 PMHa ha, Carparama.  Indeed!  And that is the great part about this whole "review" thing...you'll do things one way, I'll do things another way.  And in the end...we go...what the what huh?   ;)

Thanks EvilEvoIX.  I am not a professional.  But I try to be as detailed, honest and precise as I can so that way...even if you don't agree with me...you'll know where I'm coming from.  You know?  And hopefully, those who have never played any of the games before can form their own opinion about it based on what they see/hear.  Not sure if I pull it off all the time...but, what can ya' do? 
When you play your Duo, do you just use Composite lead?  Any modding done to your consoles especially fro video capture?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ChrisBucci

Yup.....I have it connected to a good old fashioned standard-def TV with composite cables.  Then the signal is split and I capture footage using a Sony Handycam with pass-through (from 2000, ha ha).  :)

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG

ChrisBucci

Ha ha.  The nice part is, the video quality captured via the Handycam won't look any better than it does.  It converts it to digital, sharpening it up making it look even better than it would coming out onto the TV via S-Video (it also cut down on any analogue noise pumping into it, which is a great thing).  So...we're good to go.  :)

bob

Quote from: spida1a on 03/24/2013, 06:28 PMHa ha.  The nice part is, the video quality captured via the Handycam won't look any better than it does.  It converts it to digital, sharpening it up making it look even better than it would coming out onto the TV via S-Video (it also cut down on any analogue noise pumping into it, which is a great thing).  So...we're good to go.  :) 
Have you ever tried one of those Dazzle vid capture devices? Wonder how it works with game consoles. I bought one to convert a HI-8 tape to digital and it did the trick. Maybe I should try it just to see.

esadajr

Quote from: Retro Nick on 02/18/2013, 10:42 PMI love Turbo Views! It is the primary reason why I just bought a PC-Engine Duo.
Yes, what he said
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: Mathius on 03/13/2013, 11:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/13/2013, 10:46 PMYep, all of his DVDs are top notch.  I've watch 'em multiple times.
Me too. I get as big of a nostalgia boost from his DVDs as I do actually playing Turbo.
I wonder what kind of extras will be on volume 3, perhaps the Dracula Xcellent master tape.
Gaming since 1985

TR0N

All right a new one finally !!!!!!
Prince of Persia
IMG

TR0N

IMG

turboswimbz

I love me some boxy boy.  Need to finish puzzle 250. 249 down over 5 months.  just 1 more.  I never seem to be able to make it to the end without a mistake.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esadajr

Another great review. I remember playing the same kind of game (can't remember the name) on the PC. I couldn't stand only being able to push the boxes.
Gaming since 1985

TR0N

Huzah !! New review finally !!
Fantasy Zone
IMG

CPTRAVE

Yup, just saw his new review. Great ! :) Can't wait until the next one.

Mathius

turboswimbz

I enjoy fantasty zone,  It's a great escape game.  You can't be not happy while playing it, and in a few hours bam completed! 

Great indepth look into the game too, the TG-16 port is quite well done, and there is a lot of subtle depth in it that most people overlook.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: TR0N on 09/18/2013, 01:06 AMHuzah !! New review finally !!
Fantasy Zone
:dance: Thanks for posting!  *Heads off to turboviews.com*
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Otaking

Great to see Turbo Views is back, was wondering where he had gone.  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

TR0N

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 09/18/2013, 02:51 PMGreat to see Turbo Views is back, was wondering where he had gone.  :D
The black hole know as job  :roll: :wink:
IMG

retroguy

I'm waiting for him to review Double Dungeons. I never thought it deserved all the hate it gets. Sure it's simplistic, but after a few levels, it grows on you and, while repetitive, the gameplay can be kind of addicting. I'd give it at least a 3. I'm curious what he thought of it.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mathius

Quote from: retroguy on 09/21/2013, 07:25 AMI'm waiting for him to review Double Dungeons. I never thought it deserved all the hate it gets. Sure it's simplistic, but after a few levels, it grows on you and, while repetitive, the gameplay can be kind of addicting. I'd give it at least a 3. I'm curious what he thought of it.
I was hoping for a Ys III review during the summer. Summertime is RPG season for me and I thought it would be a fitting review this time of year. Like Double Dungeons Ys III will get reviewed eventually.

munchiaz

Another great ep. Fantasy zone was my first game when i got my turbo grafx a few years back. A fun little shooter indeed

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 09/21/2013, 07:26 PMAnother great ep. Fantasy zone was my first game when i got my turbo grafx a few years back. A fun little shooter indeed
The game definitely benefits from turbo switches.

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

JoshTurboTrollX

I can't believe watching an episode of this makes me actually want to play Power Gorf!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/30/2013, 02:48 PMI can't believe watching an episode of this makes me actually want to play Power Gorf! 
Since you have a (neo-geo mvs) now id suggest a loose copy of (neo turf master) even more  :wink:
IMG

Mathius

More Turbo Views goodness for me later tonight? I am gonna run out of popcorn.

esteban

On PowerGolf: I never thought this game had overly-challenging controls, but Bucci suggests in his videos that some folks find the mechanics frustrating.

I enjoy PowerGolf, but I do wish these old golf games had a greater variety of courses (or some element that kept things feeling fresh...like "hurricane golf" with constantly windy conditions and the occasional sandstorm...oh, I can dream...).

BOTTOM LINE: A lot of these old golfing games have fidgety controls, I just don't know if PowerGolf is significantly more fidgety than the average 8-/16-bit game.

YANDMAN

Hi Chris have been watching your videos for a long time and really enjoy them, We have spoken before through the tube, Keep up the good work

EvilEvoIX

Outstanding quality in these vids, a true fan made these.
IMGIMGIMG

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys!  Glad you're enjoying it still.  Hard to believe it's been 5 years so far.  Ha ha.  :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: spida1a on 12/06/2013, 05:59 PMThanks guys!  Glad you're enjoying it still.  Hard to believe it's been 5 years so far.  Ha ha.  :)
Enjoyed everyone so far.  I made the mistake of trying to catch up on your pinball vids.  Man, that sucks hours of my life away and I'm not even near the end of them.  Great stuff!  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

djolof

Quote from: spida1a on 12/06/2013, 05:59 PMThanks guys!  Glad you're enjoying it still.  Hard to believe it's been 5 years so far.  Ha ha.  :)
When do you think you'll release the 3rd dvd set?!

TheClash603

Quote from: djolof on 12/08/2013, 05:33 PM
When do you think you'll release the 3rd dvd set?!
The blu-ray ultimate bundle is needed too.

ChrisBucci

Thanks for the interest in the third DVD set, truly!  I am actually recording the next "Memory" commentaries as we speak.  I'm hoping to do pre-orders after the first of the year and delivery in February.  :)

Got the next two videos in the editing bay as well.   :)

johnnykonami

You know, I had seen your Turbo reviews on youtube before, but I didn't put it together until just now that you were the same guy with the sweet pinball collection I was linked to from pinballarcadefans.  Turbo collecting I've been able to do for years now, but one of the these days I'd like to own a Black Knight 2000 (Pinball tables have always been a little pricey for me.)  Anyways, nice job on both your TG-16 and your pinball videos!

Oh, and I just noticed Classic Game Room had to take their videos off of youtube, is this gonna effect you in the same way?

sirhcman

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

I know what I am watching tonight. Do you? 8)

Bernie