RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: bozo55 on 05/24/2015, 07:27 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/23/2015, 12:48 AMLast I heard of Chris, he was thinking of deactivating his Facebook account citing a "broken heart..." I and others commented thumbs down on the idea and I think he just deleted the thread later. Anyway, doubt he's thinking about a new episode as of late.
But there's still half the library to review :(  I just recently got hooked on Turbo Views with that catchy rocking theme song intro.  If I had to make one complaint I'd say spida is too kind to the bad games.
No, everybody is so quick to trash a game.

A truly wonderful aspect of Bucci is that he tries to find something to appreciate.

It's so easy to trash. Especially when you don't even beat a game.

Bucci actually plays these games. And completes them. That's why I respect him more than 99.99% of everyone else. In the universe.

The last thing we need is for Bucci to get lazy and trendy and just trash a game.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: bozo55 on 05/24/2015, 07:27 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/23/2015, 12:48 AMLast I heard of Chris, he was thinking of deactivating his Facebook account citing a "broken heart..." I and others commented thumbs down on the idea and I think he just deleted the thread later. Anyway, doubt he's thinking about a new episode as of late.
But there's still half the library to review :(  I just recently got hooked on Turbo Views with that catchy rocking theme song intro.  If I had to make one complaint I'd say spida is too kind to the bad games.
I think he only reviews games that he actually beats (he beat Darkwing Suck and Deep Flu). Maybe reviews take long time to come out because the man is out there trying to beat those games.

TR0N

New review here i thought,maybe spida1a gave up  :?: :!:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turboswimbz

Nice review.  I like Cyber Core, maybe not the greatest game, but It's fun.  And as far as Music goes I always felt this game was under-appreciated.

AM I only one who will now spend the day playing cyber core. . . and probably ever other game that;s chatted about on here
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

Cyber Core.

I posted this open question:

QuoteWhat does the message ~"See you Summer '90" mean? It's at the end of the credits...

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 06/27/2015, 10:56 AMCyber Core.

I posted this open question:

QuoteWhat does the message ~"See you Summer '90" mean? It's at the end of the credits...

the next game release maybe?   download?  ?????????? I am so curious now.  ??????????
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Groover

I really enjoy your views on turbo games. It is nice since I know you grew up playing them and have ever since. I'm looking forward to your next episode.
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/27/2015, 07:53 AMNice review.  I like Cyber Core, maybe not the greatest game, but It's fun.  And as far as Music goes I always felt this game was under-appreciated.

AM I only one who will now spend the day playing cyber core. . . and probably ever other game that;s chatted about on here
Well, now I want to play Cyber Core too.  Nice review!

VenomMacbeth

I love bugs, and I love shmups, but there's something lackluster about this game that I can't quite place...maybe it's the size of the player sprite? I hate shmups with an unnecessarily large player ship...unless it's a mech.  Then, it's somehow excusable...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/28/2015, 12:01 PMI love bugs, and I love shmups, but there's something lackluster about this game that I can't quite place...maybe it's the size of the player sprite? I hate shmups with an unnecessarily large player ship...unless it's a mech.  Then, it's somehow excusable...
It appears to be a mediocre game...but the more you play it, you realize that some of it is nicely crafted.

I still enjoy going back and playing through it.

It grows on you. It never "wows" audiences with anything completely unique, but it won me over for simply being an honest, decent shootemup using the Xevious formula (air-to-air main gun, air-to-ground bombs for ground targets). I consider it an under-appreciated shootemup. DISCLAIMER: I love Dragon Spirit, which uses the same formula, so I have a soft spot for these games.

I have grown to love CyberCore.

I hope to make it my bride.

BONUS: This game has a neat sound test. :)

VenomMacbeth

Hm.  With that in mind, I may have to give it a shot.  The prospect of owning another turbografx shewtie (with a mutant cicada on the cover, no less) is pretty appealing.  Cicadas are my favorite ^-^
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

CyberCore Sound Test:

IMG

IGS ROCKS!

ChrisBucci

Thanks for watching guys.   I always appreciate your kind words.   

By the way ... One person left a comment that I shoud not have "censored a*#".    Haha.    My sincere apologies for not swearing more guys.    Lol.

Thanks again!   
Chris
😉

VenomMacbeth

THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Bardoly

Quote from: spida1a on 06/28/2015, 02:31 PMThanks for watching guys.   I always appreciate your kind words.   

By the way ... One person left a comment that I shoud not have "censored a*#".    He then got a tad irate about it.  Ha!    My sincere apologies for not swearing more guys.    Lol.

Thanks again!   
Chris
😉
No!  I appreciate family-friendly content, and I'm sure that many others do as well.  Keep it up!

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 06/28/2015, 01:25 PMCyberCore Sound Test:

IMG

IGS ROCKS!
Do this in "arcade" mode...

And you get TV station test/color bars.

Neat.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: spida1a on 06/28/2015, 02:31 PMBy the way ... One person left a comment that I shoud not have "censored a*#".    He then got a tad irate about it.  Ha!    My sincere apologies for not swearing more guys.    Lol.
I just went and looked at that.  What a psycho! 

As always, your Turbo videos are the best on YouTube!

esteban

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 06/28/2015, 05:56 PM
Quote from: spida1a on 06/28/2015, 02:31 PMBy the way ... One person left a comment that I shoud not have "censored a*#".    He then got a tad irate about it.  Ha!    My sincere apologies for not swearing more guys.    Lol.
I just went and looked at that.  What a psycho! 

As always, your Turbo videos are the best on YouTube!
OK, now I have to look and see what the drama is. KRAZEE.

ChrisBucci

Haha, thanks Jibb.  It's all good! 

Esteban ... No drama at all.  On a side note ... Did you find out anything on that screen you were taking about??   I am curious now for sure.

CGQuarterly

It isn't really "drama", but I've just never seen someone get worked up over the fact that a YT creator bleeped out their own swear-word.  I think I've used a swear-word maybe twice on my channel, and bleeped it both times.  Honestly, I just think it sounds funnier that way.  I'll leave the swearing to all of the angry video game reviewers.

Alt-Nintega

=D> spida1a never fails to disappoint!!! Top Notch review! Bravo! Still the best gamer show on youtube!!!

ChrisBucci

I think the "bleep" properly placed is funnier as well.   And there are some older videos where I DID swear a bit more.   But ... I just don't feel it is necessary really.   A lot of YOUNG kids watch my series (and their parents have told me so).  I'm not totally PG but it's all just a personal choice and ... it doesn't add a thing to it.

And honestly ... In the end ... It's my channel.   So I can do what I want.  Nyah Nyah Nyah, right?   Lol. 

And thanks everyone.  Truly!

Bardoly

I don't know enough about YouTube to know if it helps you or not, but after watching about 15-20 of these last night for the first time, I went ahead and subscribed to your channel.  you have some REALLY good stuff here.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/29/2015, 06:09 PMI don't know enough about YouTube to know if it helps you or not, but after watching about 15-20 of these last night for the first time, I went ahead and subscribed to your channel.  you have some REALLY good stuff here.
What? how have you missed these until now??? For what it's worth I always thought it was REALLY good because Chris REALLY cares and loves the games/system. (well maybe not all the games - I'm looking at you falcon - okay this is just me)

ChrisBucci

Ha!   Ah yes ... Falcon ... haven't gotten to that one yet.   :)

Thanks a lot Bardoly my friend!    I appreciate it.

esadajr

Quote from: spida1a on 06/28/2015, 02:31 PMThanks for watching guys.   I always appreciate your kind words.   

By the way ... One person left a comment that I shoud not have "censored a*#".    Haha.    My sincere apologies for not swearing more guys.    Lol.

Thanks again!   
Chris
😉
perhaps on the "not rated director's cut" edition, maybe.

Great review, thanks.
Gaming since 1985

ChrisBucci

Bardoly

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/29/2015, 07:21 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 06/29/2015, 06:09 PMI don't know enough about YouTube to know if it helps you or not, but after watching about 15-20 of these last night for the first time, I went ahead and subscribed to your channel.  you have some REALLY good stuff here.
What? how have you missed these until now??? For what it's worth I always thought it was REALLY good because Chris REALLY cares and loves the games/system. (well maybe not all the games - I'm looking at you falcon - okay this is just me)
I just haven't really been much of a YouTube watcher (or a watcher of much anything), I would rather play a game than watch others do so.  That said, these videos are short enough to be able to watch one when I have 10 spare minutes, so I've been watching them, and I really enjoy them.

Sadler

I'm surprised no one's posted this yet!
Valis 4

Good to see more import reviews!

ClodBusted

Chris, thanks for your entertaining Valis 4 review and sharing your thoughts about the PCE Valis 1 remake. I enjoyed it a lot.

esteban

Bucci! :)

Great video. I won't get into a discussion now about the games, except to say III tops my list.

There have been many discussions over the years about how to rank (1) PCE Valis games and (2) all Valis games across all platforms.

So,  comrade, before your skills/memories  atrophy, I know you will happily play Valis IV (SNES) and Valis I + III (Genesis)...and tells us about the nuances.

Wait, what's that? You need a break from the Valis series?

Dammit!

:)

BOTTOM LINE:
At least I'm not asking you to play all the PC versions. And I am sparing you from the awful Syd of Valis, too.

Groover

I enjoyed your recent video on Valis 4 and the remake of Valis. These games look interesting. As someone that enjoys these types of games I was wondering one thing. I don't have any of these games in the series. What would be a good one to track down and start with?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Groover on 07/18/2015, 07:55 PMI enjoyed your recent video on Valis 4 and the remake of Valis. These games look interesting. As someone that enjoys these types of games I was wondering one thing. I don't have any of these games in the series. What would be a good one to track down and start with?
It doesn't matter what order you play them in, really.

I played II, III, IV, I and was happy....Valis II is easy and short, so that may or may lot matter to you.

I say: grab the cheap and convenient games first. If PCE versions of II and III are significantly cheaper than TG-CD, grab the Japanese versions (because you can always watch the English cinemas on YouTube).

DesmondThe3rd

It was awesome, the same day I watched Chris's Valis IV cool review is the same day I finally meet him in person in Toronto. I'll have to see if I can find Valis IV now someday.

technozombie

I just finished watching cyber core and valis 4 great videos as usual!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Groover on 07/18/2015, 07:55 PMI enjoyed your recent video on Valis 4 and the remake of Valis. These games look interesting. As someone that enjoys these types of games I was wondering one thing. I don't have any of these games in the series. What would be a good one to track down and start with?
They are all over $100 each man. It's stupid. I been looking for them forever.

jperryss

The PCE versions can all be found under $30 on eBay.

MattJ

I love the Turbo Views series, spida! It is without a doubt my favorite gaming review series on You Tube!  :D
I purchased Final Lap Twin after seeing your review of it. I would normally avoid most sports games, but the way you showed how it mixes racing and RPG elements I knew it was something I should try out.
I hope you are doing well and look forward to your new episodes!

Oh, also, you mentioned in one of your earlier videos that the sound was starting to go out some in your TurboDuo. Have you had it upgrade since then with a cap job or have you started using something else like a Duo-R or RX?
- Matt J.

CGQuarterly

God damnit, I thought this thread was being bumped because there was a new video.

grolt

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/22/2015, 07:16 PMGod damnit, I thought this thread was being bumped because there was a new video.
Same here.  :cry:  Love spida's work, I've pretty much watched all of them and usually check them out again after I make it through the game in question.  Hope he can find more time to get through more of the library, since there are a lot of classics still left waiting in the wings.
I'm a notorious strange man.

Gredler

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/22/2015, 07:16 PMGod damnit, I thought this thread was being bumped because there was a new video.
You and everyone else now viewing this thread :P. I think we are all chomping at the bit for more content from Spida1a and that CGQ guy

Sarumaru

MattJ

Oops! Sorry my post got everyone's hopes up!  #-o

Hopefully spida will have something new up soon.

Damon Plus

Quote from: grolt on 10/22/2015, 08:13 PM
Same here.  :cry:  Love spida's work, I've pretty much watched all of them and usually check them out again after I make it through the game in question.  Hope he can find more time to get through more of the library, since there are a lot of classics still left waiting in the wings.
Which are the best games not reviewed yet?

shawnji

Just wanted to pop in and say that I didn't even realize you were on these forums, but your reviews were some of the first things I saw on YouTube about the Turbografx and were extremely helpful in pointing me towards some good games.  I definitely appreciate it and hope you'll keep doing more in the future.

MattJ

I'm personally looking forward to a Turbo Views episode that covers Legend of Hero Tonma, or one dedicated to the Arcade Card titles, similar to what Chris did when he talked about the Super System Card.
I'm happy for him to work at his own pace though. Chris' reviews are so top notch it is well worth the wait when a new episode arrives.  :D

InfraMan

grolt

Quote from: Damon Plus on 10/23/2015, 07:42 AM
Quote from: grolt on 10/22/2015, 08:13 PM
Which are the best games not reviewed yet?
I'm waiting for DRAGON'S CURSE, DYNASTIC HERO, SOLDIER BLADE, VEIGUES TACTICAL GLADIATOR, TIME CRUISE (since he's such a fan of pinball games), SAMURAI GHOST, DOUBLE DUNGEONS, FINAL ZONE II and as a guilty pleasure, NIGHT CREATURES.
I'm a notorious strange man.

technozombie

HaHa, same reason I clicked on the thread when I saw it bumped.

CGQuarterly

Someone needs to wake the Booch.