10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Contra ReBirth - WiiWare

Started by Alt-Nintega, 05/13/2009, 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-Nintega

Konami has been on the roll with their WiiWare games. Glad Konami has been taking a page from Capcom by making new games with a retro coat of paint. If this doesn't excite you I don't know what will.

Dark Fact

Any word of a U.S. release?

Oh, and LOL at KONTORA. :lol:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Joe Redifer

Oh snap!  I'd buy this.  Much better than that shitty Contra 4 on DS.  Ug!

geise

Well Contra 4 wasn't developed by Konami so that's one reason you might not have liked it.  I didn't feel it was terrible, but it definitly wasn't The Alien Wars.  Konami really likes to liscense out their older games series to other devs now.   :cry:  I would be all over this WiiWare version though.

NecroPhile

Looks promising, though the fireballs exploding from everything look like total shit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

I hope this remix of alien wars turns out to be good.Btw at 1:08 of the video you hear a line from super contra "what is this place!"  :lol:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

CrackTiger

Looks pretty cool in motion. The attempt to add story to the game makes it look kinda like Uwe Boll's Contra. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Games shouldn't have stoies.  Premises, sure.  Stories, no... unless they are RPGs or the like.