OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Japanese Xbox 360 - Why the hype?

Started by TheClash603, 02/06/2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

I have seen a few recent posts of people on these forums who have purchased and praised the Japanese Xbox 360.  I did a quick web search of why this might be, and didn't come back with any good answers...

So to anyone that has bought a Japanese Xbox 360, please let me know what for?  What are some of the games that you are buying the system for?

I hate missing out on good games, so if it is worth importing, I'll jump on board!

Raizen1984

Most of the people I know that bought one bought it for the shooters.  Otomedius G, Raiden Fighters Aces, Raiden IV, Shooting Love, Cave Stuff, etc.

I bought one for Cave, which is turning out to be a mistake, as Mushihimesama Futari is Region Free and Death Smiles will be coming over here; likely budget priced.

I'd hold off, unless you really like Otomedius and Shooting Love.

SignOfZeta

IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ParanoiaDragon

What's silly, is that if they ported those games to PS3, all PS3 games are regionless, so, they would be able to sell them worldwide.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Man. you beat me to it paranoia!

:)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/06/2010, 11:51 PMWhat's silly, is that if they ported those games to PS3, all PS3 games are regionless, so, they would be able to sell them worldwide.
Cave could and other developers could for shooters,but i hear it's the development cost that's keeping them away from the PS3.

At least that's the answer i get at any forum when i ask why no shmups for the PS3.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

that and developing for the PS3 is a pain in the ass from a technical standpoint.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/06/2010, 11:51 PMWhat's silly, is that if they ported those games to PS3, all PS3 games are regionless, so, they would be able to sell them worldwide.
In this case the publisher can decide to make their 360 region-free or not. Therefore if they are selling a Japan region-ed game we can only conclude that they don't want to sell it outside of the country. If they did, it would be a lot easier to just put it on 360 and turn off the region than it would be to design it for PS3.
IMG

TheClash603

I am happy to hear that I am not missing out on too much, since all of the games that were expected to be Japenese exclusive are coming here...  except for a few.  Not enough out that that is Japan only that makes me need to go get this system just yet.

Thanks for all the feedback!

shonenx

I love my JAP Xbox360!! Multi Reasons, As listed many times here Shooters are a great staple of the J360 its like the dreamcast is in 1080p.
But also there are a few games on the xbox J360 market place that u cant download to your console like raiden4 and raiden aces. (i know they have us versons but not Downloadable) and there are many Japanese Products (tv shows ,manga) that dont sell here for them to port the game to the USA like i pre-ordered the LE Box of Fist of the Northstar ( Hokuto Musou) for J360. Also the J360 runs with the Jasper Chip Set which sofar has been sans the red rings o death (yah yah i know ). The J360 has just started grabing a fan base over there hopefully theyll be more reasons. Also its neat getting a japan email and setting up a gold account on the japanese market place..........just wait for Hokuto Musou.
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

This thread did finally convince me to pick up Raiden IV.  For only $20, you couldn't go wrong.  Although I am not a fan of the games that give out infinite continues, because it is really difficult for me to get motivated to get good at the game, when I can just keep continuing.  Self control is for the weak!

ParanoiaDragon

No offense, but, I hope the 360 continues to bomb in Japan.  Mainly due to me wanting companies to focus on the PS3, as, I don't like playing my 360, so, I don't want to have any more games that I want that I can only buy on 360.  I have no desire to pay to have an account for my 360(whereas PS3 & Wii be free!), & I also don't even have an hd for the 360, & I don't want to buy one(unless it's dirt cheap).  If they made the intrenet free & lowered the price of the hd significantly, then I'd think about it.  But, even then, I hate Microsoft & my 360 is fairly old, so, I probably have a great chance at the ol RROD ](*,)
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/09/2010, 07:39 PMThis thread did finally convince me to pick up Raiden IV.  For only $20, you couldn't go wrong.  Although I am not a fan of the games that give out infinite continues, because it is really difficult for me to get motivated to get good at the game, when I can just keep continuing.  Self control is for the weak!
Did you get the GameStop version? It has the bonus soundtrack disc. Pretty kool.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

I did pick it up at gamestop, and I was very pleased with the game.  Haven't popped in the soundtrack yet, but will this weekend.  Funny though, I read IGNs review of the game and they mentioned how they were glad all games did not have music like this one now, which pissed me off!

shonenx

Hey paranoia i hate Microsoft as well but the 360 isnt a glorified bolt on blue-ray player Sonys first 2yr price tag was an insult, they just wanted they're dvd format in as many houses as  possible. When i buy a game system I dont care if it comes with a toaster attached. Also and this is just opion but i dont see any PS3 exclusives I NEED although for a month I will be jealious of 3d dot hero. The reason you pay for the xbox live is cause they had it up for over well 6 years and its solid ( Dont get me wrong it COULD BE FREE) but i understand they're reasoning. If you dont want to buy 360 games then sell youre 3six and buy more ps3 stuff or better PC engine games :lol:

Shooting love 20xx just went on the Japan xboxlive marketplace Downloads Go go go ...
You're Already Dead !!!

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I understand.  I have the 60gb version, but, I got it cuz there was a deal going on at the time where you get $150 credit to your newly opened Sony card account, plus 5 blu ray's.  So, I basically got it for $350, plus I sold the blu ray's, which, I figure I probably got around 50 bucks total, maybe more, plus there was 0% interest for a year, so, I was paying like, 30 bucks a month IIRC.  And mine's bc with PS2, so, that was important to me, though, I could always go out & buy a new PS2. 

3D Dot Heroes is probably the first game for the PS3 that I'll be buying on it's release date, & the Ratchet & Clank games are great(though, I am backlogged on them, I need to do a R&C run).  I'm waiting(& hoping) for Suikoden 6 & Wild Arms 6, & now that Falcom is supporting the PSP regularly, I'm hoping there will be some PS3 Falcom love going on :D

I love the Ubisoft made Naruto games on the 360, that's why I got the system(for free from my bro, though I'll probably start giving him some money anyways).  I was hoping they'd make it to PS3, but, nope, 360 only.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: shonenx on 02/12/2010, 05:37 PMHey paranoia i hate Microsoft as well but the 360 isnt a glorified bolt on blue-ray player Sonys first 2yr price tag was an insult, they just wanted they're dvd format in as many houses as  possible. When i buy a game system I dont care if it comes with a toaster attached. Also and this is just opion but i dont see any PS3 exclusives I NEED although for a month I will be jealious of 3d dot hero. The reason you pay for the xbox live is cause they had it up for over well 6 years and its solid ( Dont get me wrong it COULD BE FREE) but i understand they're reasoning. If you dont want to buy 360 games then sell youre 3six and buy more ps3 stuff or better PC engine games :lol:

Shooting love 20xx just went on the Japan xboxlive marketplace Downloads Go go go ...
nerdapproved com/police-air-freshener-siren.jpg

*makes police siren sounds*  FANBOY ALERT!!!  :lol: :lol:

To bad the PS3 doesn't have to have so many ridiculously overpriced add ons, or break down NEAR as often as a 360.  Bringing up the PS3's original price...add up the extras you needed for the 360 to get the same functionality it's damn near a wash.  Funny to  the PS3 for a LONG time was actually one of THE best blu ray players on the market (which again not an overpriced add on) which ironically Microsoft tried matching with an ill conceived add on (to little to late?).  As for the price for Xbox live...bringing in the six years deal makes NO sense as they've charged since day one.  :wink:

This tired fanboy based system bashing has gotten old (how many generations ago).  Play what GAMES you like who cares what system.  Obviously this gen if you want shootie action the 360 is the choice (and as more than a few are bullet hells which I could care even LESS about).  I am the oppisite here.  There's so little exclusive for the 360 that even catches my eye I could care less. Exclusives may be a thing of the past soon enough...how many are "timed" exclusives these days, outside the obvious 1st party games.

*Disclaimer*
P.S. This was written tongue firmly lodged in cheek in good fun   :wink: :wink: :lol: :twisted:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

shonenx

NECTARSIS..U da man ur mirror image of my rant is as much of a Concrete Opinion as mine. :dance: hahah I don't know about what 360 "addons" u taking about? (if ur talking about the hard drive then whatever cause it came bundle still cheaper than ps3)and also microsoft(who i hate) did pay for the red light of death repairs. Also the price tag does matter(<---opinion) because when your staring down all 3 new consoles at launch what u can afford does come into play (think o the parents who are like this toy costs how much?) Again this is alllllllll opinion i mean jeeezzz i am  standing in the school yard am i not? (looks around) 8-[  Plus read my first post in this thread i agree with ur play what u want stance. LOVE YAH :mrgreen:
You're Already Dead !!!

nectarsis

"Addons" the HD DVD drive, wireless internet connection, etc. ;)  *Gets ready for schoolyard rumble*  3 o clock...under the monkey bars   :twisted: :lol: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TheClash603

I had a launch day 20GB system and it lasted me until 1 year ago, and then the disc drive stopped spinning.  So I called up, because the word was out that all repairs were free, and guess what?  The RROD repairs were free, but a faulty disc drive was not!

I forgot what I paid, but I believe it was like $80 for the repair.  Ever since then I have been mostly a PS3 gamer...

shonenx

First off the HDDVD... um...... i already said i didnt want a toaster in my Video GAME console that is not a Needed add on (also jus more bull adding to the Corperate HD x BlU ray format war which is non gamer related ).

Ill give yah the bowdown in the wirless addon which never drops in price (overpriced) and that gamestop employees buy up the trade in ones for there friends in a blink o the eye (was told this at 3 gamestops)

And im not sure what addon the "etc" was do u have a pic of this " necessary  to be comparable to the ps3"  add-on?  :-k hehehe sorry i laugh at my own jokes thats how u know im not funny hahha.

And Clash im sorry about your repair charges that sux!!

Jus so u  know Nectarsis i have a ps2 modded and love it . I was a sonyfanboy . Jus wish sony had kept all those promises about the Hard drive we never got and the PS2 being my new home computer . I was hurt after the Promises never panned out (these were said mid ps2 life not pre release propaganda )
You're Already Dead !!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: shonenx on 02/12/2010, 05:37 PMi dont see any PS3 exclusives I NEED
Metal Gear Solid 4

the end!

I got a 360.  It died in a week.  Then the replacement died.  The 3rd one was OK.

I got a used PS3, tripped and dropped it on the way in the house, accidentally left it on for a month when I was on vacation, and it still works as good as new.

Guess which system I traded away for 300$ and some D&D books? :)

jboypacman

The 360 even now is too much of risk because they seem to have so many problems and myself personally could care less about these new gaming systems nothing really on them i would want to play so i will stick will my older gaming systems i just enjoy them more and they actually work.

Joe Redifer

I have both PS3 and 360, but I'd lick a monkey's nutsack before I'd buy a Japanese 360.

shonenx

Hey!!! Who says that monkey wants u lickin on his sack!!!!! =;.....Call me later(wink) :-" Nooo but seriously, this is fun an all but the thread was about what the benifets were of buyin a japan 360 over a USA model or in addition to. Instead its become the old school ground "hey your tg16 sux !! everyone has a genesis an wants to play sonic. " If yah have any real about the J3six jus PM me...an besides eventually well own all systems of the gen. Right? Its jus the order we play them in thats different .See yah.....also cal me a bout that monkey lick .....jus kiddin .....no seriously...cal me ..hahahahha
You're Already Dead !!!

geise

If I was rich I'd get a Japanese 360 so I could play OtomediusG.  Also, since I'd be rich I'd go ahead and get the crazy arcade controller for it as well.