OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Outrun 3D - Sega Master System

Started by TheClash603, 03/18/2010, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Has anyone ever play Outrun 3D for the Sega Master System?  I just got a boxed SMS and boxed 3D glasses locally off of Craigslist, with the intention to play Outrun 3D.  Outrun is one of my favorite games of all time, and I was quite dismayed to see the 3D version not for sale on ebay.

Does anyone have this game, and can let me know if it is any good?  Anyone have a copy they want to sell?  I am half way to gaming bliss now that I finally found a reasonably priced pair of 3D glasses, now I just need the game to get to the promised land!

SuperDeadite

Wasn't this is Europe exclusive game?  You probably won't find much at this site, because we are all dumb Americans here.  The Europeans tend to avoid this place.  :dance: 8) :dance: 8) :dance: 8) :dance:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Luckily the US Master System is compatible with the Euro version, half of my games are actually Euro.

Just looked, apparently Space Harrier 3D is not easy to find either.  Balls!

Turbo D

That game is rare/expensive. heh. I was never able to get my dirty hands on it. I do have some other 3-D master games and love the hell out them.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I have Out Run 3D.  It didn't cost me as much as a rare/expensive game should.  I really wish I could have paid more.  Like Space Harrier 3D, it runs at half the frame rate and speed of the 2D version on the same system.  It's pretty choppy and the graphics are pretty small, but that is to be expected.  Also, like Space Harrier 3D, it is its own game and not a remake of the original in 3D.  What is kind of cool about Out Run 3D is that there is more stuff on the sides of the roads, like lakes and fields of flowers and whatnot.  The 3D is OK, not as good as Maze Hunter 3D or even Space Harrier 3D.  Maze Hunter 3D probably has the best 3D effects on the system.

TheClash603

I am happy to hear Maze Hunter has the best 3d, I picked one 3d game at random to try out my new glasses and that was it.

I will find outrun 3d for less than $50, ohhh yes, I will.

_Paul

What Joe said.

It's good, but not as good as the original.

esteban

I'd love to play Outrun 3D. I never knew it existed until recently...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Mother Fuck!  Of course I see this game only AFTER the auction ended...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260581743934&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

I easily would've been suckered into $75+ for this game.  Outrun is one of my all-time favorite arcade games, and 3D is SWEET!  I wonder if the music lives up to the classic...

MOTHER FUCK X 2!

Joe Redifer

You wouldn't think 3D was so friggin' awesome if it weren't for Avatar and all of its nonsense.  But remember this, Avatar fans... Sega did 3D before your strange little movie.  Therefore Sega is better than Avatar.

TheClash603

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/14/2010, 12:39 AMYou wouldn't think 3D was so friggin' awesome if it weren't for Avatar and all of its nonsense.  But remember this, Avatar fans... Sega did 3D before your strange little movie.  Therefore Sega is better than Avatar.
Agreed!

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2010, 07:26 PMMother Fuck!  Of course I see this game only AFTER the auction ended...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260581743934&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

I easily would've been suckered into $75+ for this game.  Outrun is one of my all-time favorite arcade games, and 3D is SWEET!  I wonder if the music lives up to the classic...

MOTHER FUCK X 2!
buy the uber awesome out run sega age for the saturn and live happily ever after!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

I have been eyeing that game for quite a while, but it is one of the more expensive US releases.  However, the fact Working Designs put it out for some reason...  further shows how awesome they are!

Tatsujin

i have all the japanese single ages which are particular cheap. especially outrun doesn't reach over 15 bucks.

there is also a hidden 60FPS mode on the disk, which gives it a damn smooth outrunning!! :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

TheClash603

Is there a 60 fps mode on the US game?

The port on the back of my Saturn is broke, meaning only US games for me.

Joe Redifer

I think Victor Ireland had all of the codes like the 60fps mode taken out of the US release.  I know definitely the arcade modes are removed, no more unlimited continues and "insert coin" screens.  Go for the superior Japanese releases.

Tatsujin

darn, if even joe say so, it must be very true!

TheClash603

I just got the USA version of Sega Ages today, and I have to say that I really like the packaging.  As usual, Working Designs really did a hell of a job, as is the case with all of the US Saturn games.

Oddly enough, there is a pamphlet that came with the game where you can order old games.  I wish I picked up a bunch of Parasol Stars for $9.99 in 1997...

RIP Working Designs

TheClash603

Just ordered my Outrun 3D from Australia for $55 shipped...  seemed reasonable, but it unfortunately didn't have a manual.

When it finally gets here in 2 weeks, I will come back to this thread to either rant or rave.   WOOOOOO!!!