OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Membership has its privileges.. the "F@ck EBAY Club" card

Started by Sparky, 07/10/2010, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

TGX16 that sounds good enough for the club :) as long as you are not one of those big money buyers on ebay that over spends at any cost to get that game you need?

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2010, 12:32 AMWhat happens after the year is up? :-k  Membership renewal? :D New cards? :dance: Nothing? :cry: The card self destructs? :shock:
hahahaha... i have thought about this <<sips wine>>  and i have some ideas, there will be something coming to members on our F-ebay clubs birthday i promise :)

Also Membership is always FREE and new members are always welcome but get caught breaking the club rules!!!.... well we don't talk about what happens on the open forum.  :-$

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2010, 10:59 PMTGX16 that sounds good enough for the club :) as long as you are not one of those big money buyers on ebay that over spends at any cost to get that game you need?

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2010, 12:32 AMWhat happens after the year is up? :-k  Membership renewal? :D New cards? :dance: Nothing? :cry: The card self destructs? :shock:
hahahaha... i have thought about this <<sips wine>>  and i have some ideas, there will be something coming to members on our F-ebay clubs birthday i promise :)

Also Membership is always FREE and new members are always welcome but get caught breaking the club rules!!!.... well we don't talk about what happens on the open forum.  :-$
Full of Awesome Sauce! :)

TGX16

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2010, 10:59 PMTGX16 that sounds good enough for the club :) as long as you are not one of those big money buyers on ebay that over spends at any cost to get that game you need?
Not a chance!!
A busdrivers pay do not give enough room for big spendings in that department.
I do know a good price when I see it but that not said I'll pay anything to get a RARE game....
I'd rather buy the jp version of say bonk 3 for 35 bucks (Witch I have) than pay 350 for the american version.
(but I do want it, the us version of bonk 3 ;D )
I do not strive for a complete collection of the NEC PCE PC-FX or Turbografx 16 game systems, only buy the games I realy want to play and games that are playable regardless of the language barrier...

Sparky

Duo_R

Sparks you can sign me up, I NEVER play stupid prices. I stopped selling on there years ago but I would never list something at a stupid BIN price if I did anytime soon. I buy a fair amount of games but again I try to pay below AVG prices.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Duo_R on 10/10/2010, 05:23 PMI NEVER play stupid prices.
Aww, but Stupid prices was a good game.  So was the sequel, Dumbass Gouging!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Duo_R

Lol!!!

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2010, 03:12 AM
Quote from: Duo_R link=topic=8quote author=guest link=msg=149109 date=1286781159]
Quote from: Duo_R on 10/10/2010, 05:23 PMI NEVER play stupid prices.
Aww, but Stupid prices was a good game.  So was the sequel, Dumbass Gouging!
375.msg149064#msg149064 date=1286745781]
 I NEVER play stupid prices.
Aww, but Stupid prices was a good game.  So was the sequel, Dumbass Gouging![/quote]
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

chany60126

Hey Sparky, I'd like to join club as well if that's alright with you. I have been burnt too many times by sellers gouging prices on my beloved turbo games.

Sparky

of coarse, pm me your details man and i will get your card out tomorrow. :)

Mathius

What does the Club consider a decent price to be for Dungeon Explorer II for the Turbo-CD?

blueraven

Mathius

blueraven

When I first joined the forum it was one of the most expensive games clocking in at around $70 IIRC. People were pissed that it was over $50 or something. 

I have the Japanese version. Paid $15.

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 10/12/2010, 03:01 AMWhen I first joined the forum it was one of the most expensive games clocking in at around $70 IIRC. People were pissed that it was over $50 or something. 

I hope for a deal around those prices, but I don't know if I will be so lucky. So far the lowest price I have been offered is $150 for a complete copy.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/12/2010, 03:14 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/12/2010, 03:01 AMWhen I first joined the forum it was one of the most expensive games clocking in at around $70 IIRC. People were pissed that it was over $50 or something. 

I hope for a deal around those prices, but I don't know if I will be so lucky. So far the lowest price I have been offered is $150 for a complete copy.
Yup. It's a sad thing. :(
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TGX16

About two years ago I've bought DE II from a seller in the UK (mint condition) for £25.00 at that time aprox. $ 45.00 I think
at the same tim i got Exile II complete with the cardboard slip in mint condition for the same price.

My latest buy is a Supergrafx with pad, cable and PSU for $120.00 (Sparky! should I send my membershipcard back?)
Considering the normal Ebay price for a SG I think the price were perfect!

Got my F@ck Ebay card the otherday by the way Thanks!!

Ceti Alpha

I just bought a GP2X WIZ the other day from a seller in Montreal. I payed $139CAD for it, which is pretty standard.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 11:31 AMI just bought a GP2X WIZ the other day from a seller in Montreal. I payed $139CAD for it, which is pretty standard.
Just what exactly is one of those? :-k

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/15/2010, 12:37 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 11:31 AMI just bought a GP2X WIZ the other day from a seller in Montreal. I payed $139CAD for it, which is pretty standard.
Here's a review of it. But it's basically a Linux based portable game console that plays emulators for a ton of consoles as well as MAME.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 01:25 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/15/2010, 12:37 PM
Here's a review of it. But it's basically a Linux based portable game console that plays emulators for a ton of consoles as well as MAME.
Nice! I need to get me one of those. I never could figure out a lot of emulators. Especially the NES emulator for the Dreamcast. Got KEGA and ZSNES most of the way figured though.

Ceti Alpha

They're pretty cheap for what you get and it has a Dpad, not a stick, which is what a lot of portable emulators seem to have.

I haven't tried loading emus up on the Dreamcast, yet. How are the Sega and SNES emus? And how does the Dreamcast controller feel playing those games?
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

DC controller is spot on perfect, but from what I've seen so far dreamsnes doesn't run very well... Pretty choppy actually.... :S

NES runs perfect tho!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Just a thought guys...  for those of us that do occasionally try and fetch a decently priced item off of ebay.... maybe we could have a thread dedicated to tracking any auctions we're trying to win so that we don't compete with each other on anything.  So one person could say.. "hey I'm wanting to go for this auction.... <link>"  Then the rest of us will know not to try for the same one.  Ebay gougery is bad enough, but if we compete with each other on the few reasonably priced items... :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/15/2010, 09:26 PMJust a thought guys...  for those of us that do occasionally try and fetch a decently priced item off of ebay.... maybe we could have a thread dedicated to tracking any auctions we're trying to win so that we don't compete with each other on anything.  So one person could say.. "hey I'm wanting to go for this auction.... <link>"  Then the rest of us will know not to try for the same one.  Ebay gougery is bad enough, but if we compete with each other on the few reasonably priced items... :(
Sounds good to me. :)

Mathius

As some may have seen I found myself a US version of Dungeon Explorer II for $150. The game is mint and even includes the back insert! I didn't think I'd ever pay that much for a game (excluding the Neo Geo), but I love the first game so much that I just had to experience it's English sequel. Yes, I could've bought the PCE version, but I would be missing out on the story. Plus I hear that the US version has some very good voice acting as well. I stand here to be judged. But go easy please. I have lost my protective shell due to molting. :mrgreen:

Sparky

ummmm.... ya that is high, i only paid $50 last year for it and would go as high as $100... where is your patience my friend?... i am willing to let this 1 slide, as long as you dont fuck up again :P <<huggles>>

but what say the members??

BlueBMW

Mathius sent me an unannounced freebie so... :P  He's good in my book!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

*Hugs* Sparky

Thanks for the kind words Beemer

DEII is the only high dollar Turbo/PCE game that I really REALLY wanted because of my intense love of the first DE. At least I am not buying it to have it look good on a shelf. This motherf@cker is going to get played! :twisted: I wish I could've waited long enough to get a deal like you did Sparky. But alas...:(

I'll never do it again <<<quiet weeping>>>

blueraven

uhhh, well you bought it on your own accord..

Have You beaten DE1? If you beat DE1 or 2 and post it on the "Race is on B1tches" clear thread ill let it slide... :mrgreen:

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 10/17/2010, 01:37 AMuhhh, well you bought it on your own accord..

Have You beaten DE1? If you beat DE1 or 2 and post it on the "Race is on B1tches" clear thread ill let it slide... :mrgreen:
I have never even posted in that thread. I usually keep track of my clears at PCE Daisakusen. I'll fix that though. :)

nat

I say we tell Nintega that Mathius has been slandering him here on the forums for weeks and then let things work themselves out naturally.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nectarsis

Quote from: nat on 10/17/2010, 03:50 PMI say we tell Nintega that Mathius has been slandering him here on the forums for weeks and then let things work themselves out naturally.
:lol: :lol: =D&gt; =D&gt; :twisted: :twisted:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: nat on 10/17/2010, 03:50 PMI say we tell Nintega that Mathius has been slandering him here on the forums for weeks and then let things work themselves out naturally.
Gee, thanks nat. :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

:lol:

$150 isn't the cheapest I've seen, but it's certainly not the most expensive either. Impatience with DEII is also understandable. Out of all the Turbo games I've wanted since I started collecting it's up there in the top 5, if not #1. Just don't do it again! :P
IMG

Marll

E-bay prices have gotten even more out of hand lately. How do I sign up?
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Marll on 10/21/2010, 03:35 PME-bay prices have gotten even more out of hand lately. How do I sign up?
you start by making fun of royvegas.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sparky

teasing Roy is to easy :P

Marll---> read over the first post to see if you qualify, then it would be cool to here what kind of buyer/seller you are and post your ebay handle please as our enforcers will need that if you break the rules. Dont break the rules  :twisted:

then send me your address :)

Mathius

Let's see more of you in the main forums too, Marll. We need to get to know you son. :D

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2010, 06:28 PMyou start by making fun of royvegas.
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2010, 07:15 PMteasing Roy is to easy :P
My fan club still running strong.  Love ya!  :wink:
All is well. :)

Marll

I can abide by these rules. Ebay handle is marcel_alexis.

I tend to be a very cautious buyer on ebay, and only really buy complete games that are in good shape. I have been known in the past to pass up auctions that seemed even a few dollars high because I wasn't willing to pay more than what I thought was fair, I can wait it out most of the time. I've recently been visiting vintage game stores in the Seattle area and got a few good deals:

China Warrior (Complete, good condition) $8
Andre Panza Kick Boxing (Complete, good condition) $5
Space Harrier (Complete, good condition) $15
Devil's Crush (Complete, good condition) $15
Valis 3 (Complete, decent condition) $19
Double Dungeons (Complete, amazing condition) $14 (really mint or I'd have passed on it)
Turrican (Complete, good condition) $17

A bit more about me in general as a Turbo player:

I've owned a TG16 since right around the time they were released in the US. I was a RABID fan of the system, constantly scoffing at friends with the Genesis because I KNEW that I had the superior system no matter what they said. I read every review in every magazine I could on the system, games and PCE stuff. I didn't have normal posters in my room as a kid, only TG ads that were cut out of the magazines and posted on the wall. I saved money from mowing lawns to buy a converter and Street Fighter 2 when it came out in Japan and endured the 3 months shipping time to my house...

My parents were cool and got me the Turbo for Christmas one year the Turbo CD and the Super System Card the year it was released. I have toted the system all over the world with me as I moved around while serving in the Army, the system has never failed me. I desire to have a complete collection some day, but not willing to compromise on quality or price (to a certain degree).

Biggest Turbo mistake was selling it at one point before I left for the Army...I bought it back after 2 months because I couldn't stand it...thankfully I came to my senses.

Mathius

You got lucky being able to buy your beloved Turbo back. I wouldn't have been able to stand it either.

Sparky

Marll---> thanks for taking the time man to post & that is good enough for this club :) i will have your card out soon.
hahaha... i also cut out ads when i was a kid of tg16 systems & games i wanted, kept them in a little binder.....i still have it :oops:

neoxeno

This club is a great idea, please please please let me in! :)

My ebay account is neoxeno78 and I'm an ebay member since 2004 and I only did 5 transactions. I prefer to deal with other collectors and I'm an active member on these forum : Atari age, digital press, cgcc, ccjvq. Thank you.
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

blueraven

Sparky

Quote from: neoxeno on 11/07/2010, 12:02 AMThis club is a great idea, please please please let me in! :)

My ebay account is neoxeno78 and I'm an ebay member since 2004 and I only did 5 transactions. I prefer to deal with other collectors and I'm an active member on these forum : Atari age, digital press, cgcc, ccjvq. Thank you.
i thought i replied back to ya <<blush>> send me your address... i have seen you on cgcc... that canadian game site.... :)

Marll

Made a purchases today, and didn't run it past the club  :oops:

$5.95 for Battle Royale with Game, Manual and Case (maybe sleeve, but not sure).

All the other listings on e-bay were around $20 at the time and this one was buy it now so I pounced. Any higher and I'd probably have passed, but been hard finding good Turbo games locally lately.

BlueBMW

Not a bad price considering I've paid $2 for just an empty case to sacrifice for another lonely game.

nat

I bought without running past the club, my first eBay purchase in over a year.

New Adventure Island (US ver), cart only, $18.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sparky

fack you guys are the best.... with the members we have, speaking for myself, i have no concerns that the rules will be broken but seeing these f@cking fantastic prices just makes me want to hug you all :P.....so keep them coming so non members can see what the smart people are paying  8) f@ck ya

neoxeno

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2010, 07:17 AM
Quote from: neoxeno on 11/07/2010, 12:02 AMThis club is a great idea, please please please let me in! :)

i thought i replied back to ya <<blush>> send me your address... i have seen you on cgcc... that canadian game site.... :)
Did you receive my PM?
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.