@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Membership has its privileges.. the "F@ck EBAY Club" card

Started by Sparky, 07/10/2010, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Quote from: neoxeno on 11/21/2010, 09:48 PMDid you receive my PM?
I did man but your card is sitting on my desk at work with Marll  :oops: need to lame them there and out they go but consider yourslef a member... sorry for the delay work has been crazy for me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 11/21/2010, 05:16 PMI bought without running past the club, my first eBay purchase in over a year.

New Adventure Island (US ver), cart only, $18.
Not bad.  I got mine earlier this year for $23 (unboxed but otherwise complete).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

I have to start recording what I paid for games in the pcedai notes. I just end up forgetting most of the time unless it's a really sweet deal.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

If you have not received your card yet well all are in the mail now :) with bonus bits :)
updating the the first page with all our members and keep me posted with your cards if and when you get them.

EDIT: refined first post of terms and rules so things are clear :)

neoxeno

I received the card and the little goodies, thanks sparky.

I also bought two games on ebay and I think the price was fair: Champion forever Boxing (JIC) and Falcon (IC) for 12$ (17$ with shipping).

Champion forever Boxing
Falcon
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

Marll

I got what I think is a good deal at a local game shop in Redmond, WA.

Shockman in mint condition for $18. Manual, card and sleeve. No box or tray though.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

nat

Quote from: Marll on 12/01/2010, 02:20 PMI got what I think is a good deal at a local game shop in Redmond, WA.

Shockman in mint condition for $18. Manual, card and sleeve. No box or tray though.
What shop? That's local to me, I wasn't aware of any shops in Redmond still carrying TG-16 games.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

rag-time4

Here are my recent ebay auction wins, which I feel pretty good about.

I can post links after the Secret Santa is over.

Way of the Samurai 3 NEW/SEALED (360) 11.50
Blue Dragon Strategy guide NEW/SEALED (360) 2.79
PCE Makai Hakkenden Shada, Teh Kung Fu, Zero 4 Champ, Genpei Toumaden 2, F1 Triple Battle, and a NEW Lodoss War 2  30.00(from hit)
5X Mario character stylus (for my work as a delivery driver!!) .01
Blue Dragon (complete - 360) 4.98
Super Mario Brown Mushroom plush (need this identified) 4.25
Lost Oddessey Strategy guide (360) 5.24
Nobunaga's Ambition 2 manual+map only (NES) 14.49 (been wanting this for 3-4 years and lucky to find it at auction!)
Sonic's Genesis Collection (360 complete) 9.50
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, VIII, and XI (PS2 complete) all for 13.24 (gift for a buddy)
Gex 1 and Bushido Blade 1 Strategy guides (PS1) 1.75

blueraven

Sheesh, ever since I joined the club I pretty much used the forum exclusively for Turbo, and have done much, much better!

Since joining I have made 5 eBay purchases. All US titles.

Splatterhouse manual $4.25 shipped
TG-16 IFU $20 (working, listed as broken)
JJ and Jeff .99c (on eBay from forum-member oldskool)
*super-secret-secret-santa-item*
RType US - complete, manual THRASHED $6
Super Star Soldier - complete, manual THRASHED $7 (same seller $14 after shipping, he only charged me $1.60!!!)
       *For both of these I wasn't expecting the cases or manuals.

I was going to buy Dungeon Explorer loose for $5 but BMW sent me his extra copy :D

Marll

Quote from: nat on 12/01/2010, 10:09 PM
Quote from: Marll on 12/01/2010, 02:20 PMI got what I think is a good deal at a local game shop in Redmond, WA.

What shop? That's local to me, I wasn't aware of any shops in Redmond still carrying TG-16 games.
It's a place called Amazing Heroes. Not much Turbo stuff there now, just 3 copies of Keith Courage, Sherlock Holmes Vol 1. Takin' it to the Hoop, and Tiger Road.

Buddy of mine goes in there a couple times a week to check for Dreamcast games and tipped me off.

turbogrfxfan

i guess i did pretty bad.  on a whim I bought a supergrafx for 140 plus 60 for shipping from hit japan.  he was sellin it for 185 but i knocked him down a bit.  im not a cib guy so i dont care about that.  I think it would of been a good deal if it was 140 total but you cant really blame him or me for the shipping.  whats ur guys opinion?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

nat

I got my SuperGrafx for $65 shipped... from Japan, no less. Mint condition, but no box. $140 seems high no matter which way you slant it.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/12/2010, 03:29 PMi guess i did pretty bad.  on a whim I bought a supergrafx for 140 plus 60 for shipping from hit japan.  he was sellin it for 185 but i knocked him down a bit.  im not a cib guy so i dont care about that.  I think it would of been a good deal if it was 140 total but you cant really blame him or me for the shipping.  whats ur guys opinion?
It was an impulse buy, nothing more.  It happens to the best of us.  And after your last supergrafx incident... I think we can let this one slide :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Marll

Mathius

Seems okay to me, but the seller's feedback is a little worrisome.  :-k

NecroPhile

Quote from: Marll on 12/14/2010, 01:11 PMThinking about these...
Those are decent prices, but I'd be concerned about what condition they'd arrive in.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Marll

I agree, after reading more of the feedback, I'm not sure I want to take a chance. I'm pretty picky about the condition of my games, so should probably avoid any disappointment.

nat

What they said. The price is definitely right, though.

chany60126

I have been looking to buy a Super Grafx system, and a guy offered to sell me one for $200 shipped. It is in mint condition and comes with the box, styrofoam. Is this a good price, or do you guys advise that I wait for a better deal?

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/21/2010, 12:01 PMI have been looking to buy a Super Grafx system, and a guy offered to sell me one for $200 shipped. It is in mint condition and comes with the box, styrofoam. Is this a good price, or do you guys advise that I wait for a better deal?
$200 mint with box sounds like a deal to me. :)

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 12/21/2010, 12:48 PM
Quote from: chany60126 on 12/21/2010, 12:01 PMI have been looking to buy a Super Grafx system, and a guy offered to sell me one for $200 shipped. It is in mint condition and comes with the box, styrofoam. Is this a good price, or do you guys advise that I wait for a better deal?
yeah that sounds good to me i just paid 206 total for a sgx unboxed with a ave six controller. do yeah Id frikkin buy it.  everything unboxed is selling for around 2 so if this is cib id get it
$200 mint with box sounds like a deal to me. :)

nat

If you care about the box and all that, go for it. I got my system loose, however, for $65 used.

chany60126

Wow, $65 is a mighty fine price! May I ask when and where you got it? For me, the most important thing is the console itself with all the hookups, but the box is always a plus. I am kinda inclined from buying from this seller since he resides in the U.S.

Shipping alone from Japan usually costs about $65+ for a system.

I am not sure what the SGX system sans the box goes for these days.

Sparky

i payed $110 for mine, but was loose with a couple games... here is a pict.. did not have the original AC though
i forget if that was shipped  :-k

IMG

If it is in sweet ass shape and in the USA like nat said go for it... if he has a game to throw in that would be mighty nice of him  :)

turbogrfxfan

for shits sake!!!  I fuckin hate myself!!!!!  FUK!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  Im so pissed.  Mine doesnt even have a fuckin gsx controller!! and I paid 200 for it. ug well I got my fuckin piece of shit sgx and im not even happy!!  Lesson learned.  no more impulse buy!!...............................ahh I feel better now..............if I can get a sgx controller ill be happy and forget about it

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/22/2010, 06:48 PMfor shits sake!!!  I fuckin hate myself!!!!!  FUK!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  Im so pissed.  Mine doesnt even have a fuckin gsx controller!! and I paid 200 for it. ug well I got my fuckin piece of shit sgx and im not even happy!!  Lesson learned.  no more impulse buy!!
Its ok, I spent a bundle on a PC-FX and a Laseractive... while very cool, they both will get VERY little use :P  Money could have been better spent on some obey :lol:

We still <3 you turbo lol.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nat

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/21/2010, 10:01 PMWow, $65 is a mighty fine price! May I ask when and where you got it?
I had a buddy of mine pick it up for me when he was in Japan. He got it at some shop in Akihabara. I also got a boxload of games and other video game stuff at the same time to save on shipping. The total bill was like $350, but the SGX accounted for $65 of that. It came loose with A/V cable and AC adapter (original). No controllers, but IIRC I got like three Ave 6 pads in the same lot so it didn't matter.

That was in 2006, I believe. 10+ years after I first learned of the SuperGrafx and made it a mission to own one. I'm a very patient guy when it comes to holding out for good deals. Believe it or not, somehow the SGX flew under my radar until the mid 90s when I finally joined the Turbo List.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nat on 12/23/2010, 08:03 PMBelieve it or not, somehow the SGX flew under my radar until the mid 90s when I finally joined the Turbo List.
Yeah, that actually really surprised me when I read that. I learned about it from reading all the game magazines BITD in the mall cigar store while waiting between buses on my way home from school. There were some small articles on the SGX, but it really intrigued me seeing it in the back pages of the mags in black and white, with all the ads and game store. It really did look "super". When the new issues would arrive I would hate it when I saw my bus was arriving. The fifteen or twenty minute wait just wasn't enough time when the new EGM or GamePro magazines were released.  :mrgreen:
IMG

chany60126

Wow nat, that is a great story. Man I wish I had friends that went to Japan and help me out like that. The Super Grafx is such a neat looking system like Ceti said, and would really love to play some of those fantastic games like Daimakaimura and Aldynes without having to emulate them.

Finding a good deal on classic games is really hard these days, especially with this whole 'retro revival' fad many people seem to be in. Although $200 shipped ain't a bad offer for a cibler system I suppose, I'm going to see if this seller will throw in some games or lowers the price. If someone else gets it, oh well.

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/23/2010, 11:38 PMWow nat, that is a great story. Man I wish I had friends that went to Japan and help me out like that. The Super Grafx is such a neat looking system like Ceti said, and would really love to play some of those fantastic games like Daimakaimura and Aldynes without having to emulate them.

Finding a good deal on classic games is really hard these days, especially with this whole 'retro revival' fad many people seem to be in. Although $200 shipped ain't a bad offer for a cibler system I suppose, I'm going to see if this seller will throw in some games or lowers the price. If someone else gets it, oh well.
As with nat patience is key. If you don't want to pay that price just make a thread here and let it incubate for however long it takes. I am sure someone here will bite sooner or later.

TGX16

I got my SGX for $120.00 + shipping from JP. right pad and RGB-cable not original PSU.

nat

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/23/2010, 11:38 PMI'm going to see if this seller will throw in some games or lowers the price. If someone else gets it, oh well.
That's a fantastic attitude to have. There's one thing you can be sure of, and it's a truth that I live by: there will ALWAYS be a better deal some day down the road. Always.

(Although, I'll admit, to date I haven't seen a better deal on a SGX than the price I paid. :) But I'm sure it will happen.)

termis

I sold mine, loosie, but complete with matching controller, ac cable, power adapter + 1 game (battle ace) to a former member of this board for $120 shipped. 

and tgxfan, those controllers shouldn't be specific to the supergrafx, as the background color of that controller matches not only the supergrafx, but the coregrafx (1) as well.  So you should be able to find them without too much hassle.  I remember picking up loosie PCE controllers in Japan for <$5, so even if you triple the price shipped to US, it still shouldn't be a huge expensive item.

turbogrfxfan

Yeah Thnx for the info.  I think thats what im going to do.  Im pretty over the price I paid for it now and Im just happy to have it. Im sur ethat core controller would do just fine. :)

Gogan

Pickd up world heroes 2 for $14 shippd from the bay.
Think I got a deal, I've been wanting this game since I was 14 lol
Nothin beats the real thing.

Marll

Actually considering this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Hucard-Case-2-Games-Turbo-Grafx-16-Turbo-Duo-/320633879730?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4aa744bcb2

I have the case labels from Sparky, so could complete Aero Blasters (which I don't currently have) and Vigilante (which a friend will buy for $10). Still seems high to me, but finding a source for HuCard cases is hard.

Also looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Turbo-Grafx-16-Game-Cases-TurboDuo-/260711665954?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cb3a05122

Thoughts?

BlueBMW

Marll, honestly the last time I bought some cases etc, I paid something like $25 shipped for 9 sports titles (all complete with manuals and everything)  So that price seems a little bit high, unless you're just set on getting "original" cases for those particular games.  If you're just trying to pretty up your collection, find a lot of cheap sports titles and use the uber awesome Sparky labels.

Marll

Yeah, I was thinking similar, the only thing that kind of made that auction interesting was the Aero Blasters, which I could "complete" with a Sparky label, otherwise it seems way too high. I'll probably just buy cheap sports titles and do it that way.

Ceti Alpha

That second auction with the eight cases went for a decent price, I think. Less than two bucks per case.
IMG

TGX16

Well m8's!
A call to...not arms perhaps but Sparky.  :-"
Could you please make a good set of the sapphire coverart?
I do not have access to colorprinters, so for me it's a bit hard to get a nice cover for my
"Bemmer bootie sapphie" 
You could mark them "F@ck Ebay"  8)
I for one need two complete sets
There has to be others who need  also?
If needed I'll go down on my knees and begg  [-o&lt;

Sparky

i certainly will TG16 :) For F-ebay members

sorry guys i have been on hoildays for the last 2 weeks and i have been a lazy bastard and need to hook people up with manual inserts & a couple F-ebay cards, when i get back to work tomorrow i will get back to it :)

Happy F-ebay New Year

Marll

I would love to get some tray art and insert action for my 3 copies (gave the other 2 to friends that are starting their collections  =D&gt;  ). The work on the case labels is top notch, would love to have something of similar quality for the inserts!

tsuran

Hello all, I'm new to the community, but I saw this thread, and decided to respond lol! For a long time now, I've disagreed with the path Ebay has taken, and have tried to steer clear of it as much as possible. Although I'm new to the NEC scene, most of the priced I've seen on there are absurd, and I've been forced to look elsewhere. Sign me up! I'd like a real reason to be the way I am lol!
Posting is overrated.

Phades

Sign me up! I had a decent TG-16 collection back in the early 90's but have recently started collecting again. I can't believe the prices for some of this stuff.

Sparky

welcome guys, new members are always welcome but i would like to see your ebay ID's,
cant be to safe these days with all the ebay fuckery :P

tsuran

Posting is overrated.

Sparky

looking good tsuran... :) card will be in the mail monday

IMG

Sparky

hello fellow members... long over due but club members do have privileges and here is one of many that will happen (when i have time)

FREE inserts for BlueBMW FREE givings https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9018.0

Just pm me your address members and there yours.....and the first lucky few will get a FREE white tray insert (yes just like the the real pce games you own)

IMG

IMG

IMG

I wanted to do something for xmas but it was busy times for me... so a little late but this will help with the January blahs!!!

bartre

ah hell, i suppose i have to join now, i need something for my sapphire game, it's so cold and lonely.
may I join?
I rarely use ebay, mostly get my games from digitpress or Racketboy.

Sparky

have to join? no you don't and i am not sending a insert to people that feel they have to join.  <<waves>