Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

whisper2053

Funny thing is, he's even going crazy on shipping. 30 bucks for a cd case? Come on guy...do you really need every freaking cent THAT badly??
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PCEngineHell

Quote from: whisper2053 on 04/28/2013, 11:43 AMFunny thing is, he's even going crazy on shipping. 30 bucks for a cd case? Come on guy...do you really need every freaking cent THAT badly??
EMS plus insurance will prob actually run close to that because he will have to insure it for the full amount it sells for. Insurance cost jumps every $50 or so value wise that you are insuring in most postal systems.

whisper2053

For a minimum of $1600 he can pay for shipping.
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: whisper2053 on 04/28/2013, 01:25 PMFor a minimum of $1600 he can pay for shipping.
Yeah, that's just cheap.  He could just bump it to $1630 and mark it FREE shipping.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PCEngineHell

Maybe he needs all that cash so he can help build a giant Pentecostal church?

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: whisper2053 on 04/28/2013, 02:29 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-HuCard-DARIUS-ALPHA-Japan-not-for-sale-/330914346826

Yeahhhh....about that...
I don't get why he's showing his receipt, that he paid 7,200 yen. (About $73)

Also, insurance on 160,000 yen is only 400 yen through EMS. It should be like 1200 yen to ship a CD case. The shipping about double what it would actually cost him.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/28/2013, 09:57 PMMaybe he needs all that cash so he can help build a giant Pentecostal church?
Plausible I suppose.  :-k

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/27/2013, 01:12 AMWHY does that sellers name seem SO familiar? hmmmmm
billygoins is resident overpayer/reseller/gouger wmacmonagle.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2013, 01:31 AMI don't get why he's showing his receipt, that he paid 7,200 yen. (About $73)

Also, insurance on 160,000 yen is only 400 yen through EMS. It should be like 1200 yen to ship a CD case. The shipping about double what it would actually cost him.
I don't get why he has "not for sale" in the listing.  Is that a language barrier thing?

NecroPhile

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/29/2013, 02:45 PMI don't get why he has "not for sale" in the listing.  Is that a language barrier thing?
He's likely referring to it never being available at retail.  To get it, one had to buy and send in registrations for both the CD and huey versions of Darius, then hope to be amongst the 800 randomly chosen winners.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2013, 01:31 AMI don't get why he's showing his receipt, that he paid 7,200 yen. (About $73)

LOL that's the letter that came with alpha
n00b

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/29/2013, 11:43 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/27/2013, 01:12 AMWHY does that sellers name seem SO familiar? hmmmmm
Good ol billy hahahaha

CrackTiger

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 04/29/2013, 01:31 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 04/28/2013, 02:29 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-HuCard-DARIUS-ALPHA-Japan-not-for-sale-/330914346826

Yeahhhh....about that...
I don't get why he's showing his receipt, that he paid 7,200 yen. (About $73)

His "receipt" says that "he bought" Thunder Blade, Daisenpu, Out Run and an Ave Pad 3.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2013, 11:43 AM
Good to know.  What a Douche.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

Dynastic Hero - started at $300 and is currently at $505 with about a day left.  :shock:

Psycho Punch

Now that's some Turbo Dickery... another one in the list of games that will be never bought, I guess.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2013, 05:55 PMDynastic Hero - started at $300 and is currently at $505 with about a day left.  :shock:
WOW why so much?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/02/2013, 09:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/02/2013, 05:55 PMDynastic Hero - started at $300 and is currently at $505 with about a day left.  :shock:
WOW why so much?
Its "rare" even though the pce version brand new is less than 1/10th of what the U.S version is going for...

whisper2053

IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: whisper2053 on 05/04/2013, 05:56 AMI just had to ask on this one.

Really? For a box?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empty-Box-turbo-duo-Very-Collectable-Rare-/111063421775
Thats not just any old Duo box though. That one has two glory holes punched into the back of it. That makes it twice as fuckable....err I mean collectable.

whisper2053

Hahahahaha I suppose I will have to take your word for that, sir!

Note to self...avoid boxed items that might be sticky from Professor. Check.
IMG

CrackTiger

I'd pay that much for a mint box with the sleeve. But the motivation is mainly sentimental and investment based, since I regret my Dad throwing mine away along with all of my Turbo boxes and cases the moment I moved out and I've always wanted to get another one. But it looks naked to me without the sleeve.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/04/2013, 07:03 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 05/04/2013, 05:56 AMI just had to ask on this one.

Really? For a box?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empty-Box-turbo-duo-Very-Collectable-Rare-/111063421775
Thats not just any old Duo box though. That one has two glory holes punched into the back of it. That makes it twice as fuckable....err I mean collectable.
DEAR LORD :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 05/04/2013, 05:14 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNGEON-EXPLORER-II-2-TurboGrafx-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-Game-COMPLETE-/130897745798?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e7a1d1786
Since when was Dungeon Explorer II worth more than $400?
Guy lives in Chandler AZ. I should go to his house and break it. Then watch him post the case and manual for $600

CrackTiger

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/04/2013, 07:20 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 05/04/2013, 05:14 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNGEON-EXPLORER-II-2-TurboGrafx-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-Game-COMPLETE-/130897745798?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e7a1d1786
Never, it sells on eBay for <$200.
Never?

http://item.ebay.com/221123806010

Its been fluctuating quite a bit for the past year.

That $200 BIN sale, I actually saw live. Got snatched up in the first 10 minutes. If I didn't already have a copy, I would have been all over it.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/turbografx-16/dungeon-explorer-ii-%5Bsuper-cd%5D#completed-auctions
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

PCEngineHell

Yeah that search is not pulling up all the ones that have sold as of the past few months. I know this because I started looking at the going price when people were contacting me about the copy I had. Going prices fluctuated from $150 to 400 or so depending on condition and if the manual was in color or not. I ended up opting to trade mine to a fellow gamer instead of taking it to ebay so my copy would not end up on those statistics.

CrackTiger

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/04/2013, 10:36 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/04/2013, 07:20 PM
Never, it sells on eBay for <$200.
Never?

http://item.ebay.com/221123806010

Its been fluctuating quite a bit for the past year.

That $200 BIN sale, I actually saw live. Got snatched up in the first 10 minutes. If I didn't already have a copy, I would have been all over it.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/turbografx-16/dungeon-explorer-ii-%5Bsuper-cd%5D#completed-auctions
Your definition of the word "worth" is different than others around here. I've seen it not get snatched up at BINs between $200 - $300 the past six months or so.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/05/2013, 12:19 PMYour definition of the word "worth" is different than others around here.
Indeed.  DK's concept of worth only coincides with other collectards.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/05/2013, 12:19 PMYour definition of the word "worth" is different than others around here. I've seen it not get snatched up at BINs between $200 - $300 the past six months or so.
Perhaps. That sale of $460 was when one particular ebayer was on a rampage to finish a TG16/CD set in record time. That same collector was also responsible for the $2000 Dynastic Hero sale from plcards. It doesn't matter what anyone "thinks" something is worth.

However, it is disingenuous to say its been selling for < $200 on ebay. There are two sales since August 2012 on that list that are < $200, one is for the disc only, and the other has a photocopied manual. Every complete copy put on auction since August of 2012 has been greater than $200.

So yes, there were some BINs of  < $200 that sat untouched, because they were disc only.

But in the end, who cares? I paid around $2-3 for my copy. Does that make it worth $2-3? No, I got lucky. Had the seller been educated on the game, I wouldn't have paid $2-3.

I don't think magical chase is worth $3,000 to me. I'd pay maybe $100 for it. You know who cares? No one. No seller is going to sell me a copy for $100. What is the point of saying "It is worth $100" if no one is ever going to sell it to me for that price. I can make up prices all day long. If no sales ever reflect that, who cares?

Also, I find it very ironic that this debate is going on, while there is an advertisement for VGPC on the bottom of my screen, where there are 2 cartridges saying "I'm worth $9000" and "I'm worth $2"
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

DK proves yet again that he is a moron.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/06/2013, 01:56 PMDK proves yet again that he is a moron.
BlackTiger told BigusShmuck "It's been selling for less than $200 on ebay!" That isn't true. Me being a moron, asshole, collectard, or any other cute names you come with doesn't make Black Tiger's statement any more true.

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 01:52 PMHowever, it is disingenuous to say its been selling for < $200 on ebay. There are two sales since August 2012 on that list that are < $200, one is for the disc only, and the other has a photocopied manual. Every complete copy put on auction since August of 2012 has been greater than $200.
No it's not.

There are copies that sell for <200$.  Your pricechart link just showed this to be true.

The current prices that are 400$+ are from idiot collectors who quite honestly should cease collecting games and go collect something else that can't be played.  That way, they won't be fucking it up for the rest of us.

I can't wait for CCAG this year so I can go scope out all the goons with overpriced crap and no clue what any of it is.   "eBay says it was this much so its this much!  Oh, it's an RPG ?  Oh ok!  Buy it!"

I've yet to meet a collector who accepts/contributes to retarded pricing that actually plays the games.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 02:21 PMBlackTiger told BigusShmuck "It's been selling for less than $200 on ebay!" That isn't true. Me being a moron, asshole, collectard, or any other cute names you come with doesn't make Black Tiger's statement any more true.
So one instance of the game selling for $460 must mean that it really is worth $400+.  :roll:

Using your beloved pricecharting as guide (even though it's far from comprehensive), it's obvious the average worth is well under $400.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/06/2013, 02:36 PMThere are copies that sell for <200$.  Your pricechart link just showed this to be true.

I agree. Except, either they were incomplete, or before August 2012, the summer of retarded price spikes.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/06/2013, 02:36 PMThe current prices that are 400$+ are from idiot collectors who quite honestly should cease collecting games and go collect something else that can't be played.  That way, they won't be fucking it up for the rest of us.
I'm curious. You can download an ISO and burn it to a high-quality CDR for about a buck. Even if lasers wear out due to CDRs, a laser replacement is still far cheaper than this game is going for. After you boot the CDR, there is no physical difference between the real thing, and the CDR. So, in that sense, the collectors paying through the nose, can't really fuck things up for you. Likewise, a $90 Everdrive would let you play any hucard in existence. Additionally, there are plenty of fine PC Engine Emulators. You could also buy the PC Duo version of the game for < $20.

So, my question is, why bother caring about these prices, if you just want to play? There are a myriad of options available to just play it.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 03:44 PMSo, my question is, why bother caring about these prices, if you just want to play? There are a myriad of options available to just play it.
A better question is why does this thread bother you so much?  It's sole purpose is to get a few lulz and cathartic release by bitching about overpriced games, and nobody is forcing you to participate.

bob

Looks like a couple of new douche bags on eBay. At least, new to me...

just_another_vintage_gamer and excitebytegamer.

Marll

Any time I go to e-Bay just makes me wish I'd had more income years ago when I first started using it to buy Turbo stuff....now most of the stuff that I don't have yet is priced way to high, or never seen on e-Bay...or of course when it does show up it's priced for $100s.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

bob

Quote from: Marll on 05/06/2013, 06:11 PMAny time I go to e-Bay just makes me wish I'd had more income years ago when I first started using it to buy Turbo stuff....now most of the stuff that I don't have yet is priced way to high, or never seen on e-Bay...or of course when it does show up it's priced for $100s.
Welcome.

CrackTiger

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 03:44 PMI agree. Except, either they were incomplete, or before August 2012, the summer of retarded GLORIOUS =P~ price spikes.
Were you really monitoring DEII sold and unsold (not asking) prices from August till now, or are just speculating based on what some chart says? I actually was keeping an eye on eBay DEII prices before August and through the new year, as I was interested in replacing the disc I traded off years ago when I was a starving student. I saw DEII consistently selling complete for (often well) below $200, but I continued to hold out for a properly priced disc-only copy from a reliable seller. Eventually I caved and bought a nice condition complete copy that a seller listed at a BIN of around $200, that people like you refused to jump on (even though it was the SCORE OF A LIFETIME! :shock:), and I made an offer well below that, which he accepted (after declining several lower offers). Even though complete copies had been recently selling for $100 - $150, I decided to pay a premium to have a premium condition copy immediately.

QuoteSo, my question is, why bother caring about these prices, if you just want to play? There are a myriad of options available to just play it.
Why do you see available copies of a game for a myriad of higher and lower prices, but purposely choose to pay much more for it? And even though throwing money away is a hobby you are passionate about, why do you bother caring so much about a thread dedicated to the opposite of your lifestyle? Why not put your energy into joining a chorus of like-minded price ceiling raisers?

You've been told too often, and if you ventured outside of these kinds of threads you'd already know, that we aren't whining about prices being too high. We're not stating prices we wish games would sell for. We're talking about real prices that we are actually buying games for at all the time. You speculate about what is happening to others, while we talk about what we are experiencing ourselves. So it's pointless trying to tell us that our reality is a pipe dream.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/06/2013, 08:03 PMWere you really monitoring DEII sold and unsold (not asking) prices from August till now, or are just speculating based on what some chart says? I actually was keeping an eye on eBay DEII prices before August and through the new year, as I was interested in replacing the disc I traded off years ago when I was a starving student. I saw DEII consistently selling complete for (often well) below $200, but I continued to hold out for a properly priced disc-only copy from a reliable seller. Eventually I caved and bought a nice condition complete copy that a seller listed at a BIN of around $200, that people like you refused to jump on (even though it was the SCORE OF A LIFETIME! :shock:), and I made an offer well below that, which he accepted (after declining several lower offers). Even though complete copies had been recently selling for $100 - $150, I decided to pay a premium to have a premium condition copy immediately.
Where are these mystical sales of $100-150 complete copies between August of 2012 and Now? JJ of price charting has better things to do with his time than purposefully delete database entries of Ebay sales. Also, if complete copies were sitting untouched for around $200, why were people bidding them up to $370? Yeah, before August, complete copies had been selling for well below $200. Shit happens, prices go up.  Also, I never called it the deal of a lifetime. Stop embellishing.

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/06/2013, 08:03 PMWhy do you see available copies of a game for a myriad of higher and lower prices, but purposely choose to pay much more for it? And even though throwing money away is a hobby you are passionate about, why do you bother caring so much about a thread dedicated to the opposite of your lifestyle? Why not put your energy into joining a chorus of like-minded price ceiling raisers?
Why do you assume I'm paying any of these prices? I paid like $2-3 for my copy. In fact, I've never paid close to that much for a game; you just admitted to paying more for a game than I ever have. You are the one that "Decided to pay a premium." That tells me you've contributed far more to raising the price of DE2 than I ever have.

Yeah, I trust a database of sales information that are directly linked to, and can be verified, over your memory of these sales. My bad.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 08:26 PMJJ of price charting has better things to do with his time than purposefully delete database entries of Ebay sales.
Maybe so, but that doesn't make his search algorithms infallible.  In past arguments with maroons (such as yourself), I posted two auctions of whatever title was being discussed that were omitted from his list, and others (Prof.?) have done the same a couple times too.  Chalk it up to poorly worded titles, incomplete descriptions, or the price gouging faerie - whatever the reason, it is an absolute fact that pricecharting is unreliable.

P.S. - We're still waiting for an answer on why you feel compelled to return to this thread.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2013, 09:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/06/2013, 08:26 PMJJ of price charting has better things to do with his time than purposefully delete database entries of Ebay sales.
Maybe so, but that doesn't make his search algorithms infallible.  In past arguments with maroons (such as yourself), I posted two auctions of whatever title was being discussed that were omitted from his list, and others (Prof.?) have done the same a couple times too.  Chalk it up to poorly worded titles, incomplete descriptions, or the price gouging faerie - whatever the reason, it is an absolute fact that pricecharting is unreliable.

P.S. - We're still waiting for an answer on why you feel compelled to return to this thread.
Maybe because that's his auction? Or a pal he knows? Either way, its ludicrous.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 09:45 AM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/06/2013, 08:26 PMJJ of price charting has better things to do with his time than purposefully delete database entries of Ebay sales.

Price Charting only includes items listed in the correct category on ebay. Its not a search algorithm, per se, it just use categories. So an item listed in just Video Games > Video Games won't ever make the list. Like wise, a copy of Keith Courage listed in Video Games > Video Games > Dungeon Explorer II will get listed in Dungeon Explorer II. So yeah, it isn't perfect. Its a resource, but I consider the data far more reliable than hazy memories of previous sales that are all magically beneath the sales listed in the proper category.

When name-calling fails, you resort to distraction. Nothing changes the initial point. "DE2 sells for less than $200 on ebay" is false.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

FiftyQuid

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 11:46 AMNothing changes the initial point. "DE2 sells for less than $200 on ebay" is false.
For BT's statement to be false, there couldn't be a single auction that ended under $200; yet your pricecharting link shows two instances where it sold for ~$1501, and it sold just last week for under $2002 (barely under, but under nonetheless).  No doubt there are even more instances; I'll trust BT's and Prof.'s memories long before I'll trust the demonstrably flawed pricecharting site.

And we're still waiting for an explanation of why you hang out in this thread so much.

1 - They were six months ago, but so what?  BT didn't stipulate a time frame; you applied that arbitrary limit to better your argument.
2 - Note that even though this auction is properly listed, it doesn't show up on your beloved pricecharting.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 12:50 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 11:46 AMNothing changes the initial point. "DE2 sells for less than $200 on ebay" is false.
For BT's statement to be false, there couldn't be a single auction that ended under $200; yet your pricecharting link shows two instances where it sold for ~$1501, and it sold just last week for under $2002 (barely under, but under nonetheless).  No doubt there are even more instances; I'll trust BT's and Prof.'s memories long before I'll trust the demonstrably flawed pricecharting site.

And we're still waiting for an explanation of why you hang out in this thread so much.

1 - They were six months ago, but so what?  BT didn't stipulate a time frame; you applied that arbitrary limit to better your argument.
2 - Note that even though this auction is properly listed, it doesn't show up on your beloved pricecharting.
1. The price of a share of Apple was $610 in August of 2013. It is currently $460. If I claimed Apple Stock was worth $610, that would be complete bullshit. Prices change. Also, there are two links between now and August 2013 in that list that ARE less than $200, which are disc only. Saying the statement "It sells for less than $200" gives the notion that you can easily get a complete copy for less than $200 on a routine basis. Good luck with that. 

2. That listing is a BIN, not an auction. Pricecharting only stores auction results. plcards got Bonk 3 for $20 off a BIN. I'd doubt anyone would claim that the current going rate for Bonk 3 is $20.

I've made it clear that I don't care about your question. Feel free to include it in every response.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG