10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Burn a Quran for world peace!

Started by NecroPhile, 09/08/2010, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you for or against this 'church' burning Qurans?

Yes.  Burn, motherfucker, burn!
3 (20%)
No.  It's a stupid idea.
10 (66.7%)
I don't know; I am le dumb.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

NecroPhile

What do y'all think of this?  I fail to see the point in pissing on the entire Islamic population, though the peeps sending death threats over such stupidity are equally foolish.  Can't we all just get along?

And people wonder why most of the Islamic world hates us.  :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

what a waste

at least RECYCLE them instead.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

I don't 'get' the concept of ever burning any books.  Regardless of what close minded bafoon thinks!  Any book about religion or not is filled with some knowledge that can be learned or argued.  I'm not islamic, I'm not Satanist, or Christian... I just don't get it? 

What does burning these books do?  Get your point across?  Nope!  Get you probably killed?  Probably yes.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

While I am for freedom of speech and protest, I think that the act in question is foolish as it will only lead to more hate. However, I do not see how this act would anger any logical person. Books are just objects; what is the significance of their destruction? Burning the Quran does not hurt the Islamic religion, or anything else. I could care less if some asshole burned a copy of AirZonk (my favorite turbo game.)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I am the furthest thing from religious, however I think the whole "Burn a Quran Day" is very foolish because it shows the same kind of religious intolerance that radical Islam showed us.  Basically those who participate are stooping to their level, albeit without killing people.  They do have a right to burn the Quran, though, just like they have a right to build a mosque two blocks away from the former World Trade Center site.  I think that is foolish and in very bad taste myself, but they have a right to do it and if we deny them from doing so then we are taking our own freedoms away.  Terrorism wins.

Keranu

With all the media hype surrounding this, I think Pastor Jones has already succeeded in spreading his message to the Muslim world.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

The media loves shit like this.

Mathius

This is just going to add to the pile of hate Islamic people already have for us. But, I don't think there is anything that's going to make them stop hating us short of all Americans packing up and moving to Saturn's moon Titan. Even then they will probably hate us from afar. Haters gonna hate. :roll:

blueraven

Mathius

He made the right decision. But, funnily enough I have more of a problem with burning the Quran then I do with a mosque on Ground Zero Texas, er, I mean Ground Zero.

Joe Redifer

They should build a mosque at Ground Zero Texas!  That'd be awesome!

QuoteI don't think there is anything that's going to make them stop hating us short of all Americans packing up and moving to Saturn's moon Titan.
The only thing that would truly stop the hate is time... generations upon generations worth.  But if every one of us converted to Islam as they see it, then it might be a step in the right direction in their eyes.

NecroPhile

So a tiny church with all of fifty followers does something stupid (something which the rest of the country condemns), and the terrorists Islamic world stages anti-US rallies, burns a bunch of US flags, and screams "Kill the infidels!" 'til they're hoarse.  Sounds rational to me.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/10/2010, 03:41 AMBut if every one of us converted to Islam as they see it, then it might be a step in the right direction in their eyes.
Nope.  Most everyone in the middle east is Islamic, yet they've been killing each other since time began.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Very true, hadn't thought of that.

Emerald Rocker

I think this was a scheme designed to sell copies of the Quran.  After all, you can't burn something you don't have.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club