OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Fire Pro Wrestling

Started by NecroPhile, 09/21/2010, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

linkin' logs

The long running wrasslin' series that started on the PC Engine is now coming to a Xbox 360 near you!

How did this crap series manage to stay alive for so long and with so many sequels when loads of fun series were allowed to wither and die?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

While Firepro was CRAPAROO on PCE, the series was great by the time it hit SFC, amazing by the time it hit Saturn, and stayed amazing through GBA and PS2. And I'm not saying this as a fan of wrestling games, because I'm not. Firepro S, A, D, and Returns are legitimately amazing games. During this era Firepro basically became not just a game, but a hobby in itself thanks to the almost unlimited customization options, AI routines, and even move creation.

This new one however...it seems Firepro in name only. The series has hit its lowest point since the PCE games (lower, possibly). Oh well.
IMG

DirkFunk

FirePro Wrestling D was ultimate.

They should just translate the text in that and bring it to XBLA. . .

They would probably get sued by every Wrestler from the 1970s to 2000s though.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/21/2010, 03:38 PMWhile Firepro was CRAPAROO on PCE, the series was great by the time it hit SFC, amazing by the time it hit Saturn, and stayed amazing through GBA and PS2. And I'm not saying this as a fan of wrestling games, because I'm not. Firepro S, A, D, and Returns are legitimately amazing games. During this era Firepro basically became not just a game, but a hobby in itself thanks to the almost unlimited customization options, AI routines, and even move creation.

This new one however...it seems Firepro in name only. The series has hit its lowest point since the PCE games (lower, possibly). Oh well.
Agreed, the GBA, Saturn, and Dreamcast releases are so excellent!  Was a great time when Fire Pro on Saturn was the bomb and WWF No Mercy on N64 was out.  My friends and I would have wrasslin' nights arguing which were better!  lol
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: DirkFunk on 06/10/2011, 04:33 PMFirePro Wrestling D was ultimate.

They should just translate the text in that and bring it to XBLA. . .

They would probably get sued by every Wrestler from the 1970s to 2000s though.
Anyone interested in this should just buy Firepro Returns for PS2 which (inexplicably) was released in the US a couple of years ago. Its fantastic. I think I paid $10 for my copy new.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

was 'Pro Wrestling' on the NES the first game in this series?  It has many similarities to the PC Engine games.....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/14/2011, 02:19 PMwas 'Pro Wrestling' on the NES the first game in this series?  It has many similarities to the PC Engine games.....
According to wikipedia, it's not part of the series but was developed by the same guy - Masato Masuda.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

what is a better wrestling game for the PCE? I saw this and was going to pick it up in the future. I don't have any and after playing a couple of wrestling games like 3 bout count on Neo Geo with some friends, I want to play some more!

SignOfZeta

IMG