10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Legend of Xanadu translation, looking for voice actors!

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 03/19/2011, 02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

_Paul

Yep, I recently YouTubed the cutscenes for them for reference. Excited about this one!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

incrediblehark

looking forward to this! has xanadu 1 been translated yet?

esteban

Quote from: incrediblehark on 03/19/2011, 08:52 AMlooking forward to this! has xanadu 1 been translated yet?
Actually, I believe the film (1980) was originally shot in English.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

incrediblehark

ParanoiaDragon

I'm just trying to debate if I should take time away from working on our 2nd game's music, to try out for the dub, & then if I get a part or 2, taking the time to do those parts. ](*,)  I did a part in Ys 4, but, I think that was before the Frozen Utopia days, & I'm really trying to get ahead on our current project, so, I'm unsure of what to do.  I'll probably just skip it & keep on with our game.
IMG

NecroPhile

Man, that's awesome.  I can't wait to play this fantastic RPG in glorious English!

P.S. - Can't you give up sleep and do both, P.D.?  If not, maybe Church will take your place.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arjak

I just posted a thread on this in the Homebrew section. Then I saw this thread.  #-o

I am VERY excited about this! I've already sent in auditions for several characters, and it seems possible that I will get the part of Nuse. Along with getting 2nd Place in Old Rover's contest, this is very fulfilling for me! :dance:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

ddd1234

I am playing this game...But can't get past the 4rth chapter. I need a proper guide, cuz the one on Gamefaqs is not helping.  :-k
OBEY TECH N9NE!

blueraven

This is, of course, the second chapter of the greatest RPG series of all time.

I Just finished recording my audition for Guess Who: Lykos/Ryukos.

Will have it encoded and sent off tomorrow.

SamIAm

Thanks for your interest, guys. I can honestly say after repeated playthroughs that I think this is an outstanding game, and I think you will all enjoy it very much when it's finished. For a PCE-CD game especially, it's fantastic. I'm actually looking forward to play-testing the hell out of it.

Only 2 days left until the deadline for voice acting auditions, by the way!

Finally, FYI, the gamefaqs guide gets east and west mixed up more than once. If you have any questions, let me know.

SignOfZeta

This is a great game and I'll be first in line to congratulate everyone when it is finished.

However, I'd be more interested in knowing when it's, say, half completed rather than just knowing it's "started". These projects are abandoned 100x as often as they are completed.

Also, dubbing...that's cool and all but it adds a lot of complexity to an already difficult and unpaid job making the chances for abandonment much higher.

Good luck!
IMG

Jesse813

Awesome :D I look forward to playing the game in English :D

SamIAm

The announcement of the project on Romhacking was a merely a pretext for getting an advertisement for voice actors on the front page. I actually asked them about just making an ad, and it was their idea to frame it in an announcement. Anyway, it's worked well, because it seems more than half my auditions came through there. :)