@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Midwest Gaming Classic 2012

Started by Mathius, 05/18/2011, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

ran into pretty much everyone 'cept mish.  great first night ( a little tiring.. ) complete with a 5 foot long pizza!

Going to be a great weekend!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

I was looking around yesterday with the wife for signs of anyone Turbob related, but didn't see anyone. There is always today though. Anyone here up this damn early besides me? :lol:

esteban

SPECIAL REQUEST: If you folks have a chance to pick up any rare PC-Engine titles, please keep me in mind. Thanks :pcgs:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

We were setting up mainly in the museum room til around 1am.  We helped run the 'up to par' tournament, which was actually a lot more fun than I anticipated.

I'll be floundering about in a Tandy shirt throughout the weekend.... well, actually, I might change my shirt on Sunday!  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/24/2012, 09:52 AMWe were setting up mainly in the museum room til around 1am.  We helped run the 'up to par' tournament, which was actually a lot more fun than I anticipated.

I'll be floundering about in a Tandy shirt throughout the weekend.... well, actually, I might change my shirt on Sunday!  ;)
I think I passed you in the hallway earlier. Didn't hit me till you were already gone. :lol:

DragonmasterDan

Nice to see everyone today!
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/24/2012, 10:06 PMNice to see everyone today!
Convention.......games(!).............................tired....

Tatsujin

lol guys, that was fun. benby, thanks a lot for the live broadcast :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/25/2012, 12:03 PMlol guys, that was fun. benby, thanks a lot for the live broadcast :D
I'm hoping one of these bastards will post pictures at some point! :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

We're planning on it. Lots of things to do. :wink:

Mathius

My legendary haul
IMG

Talkin' to Trickman Terry
IMG

A rare photo of Sushi-X. He's so stealthy I was lucky to capture him on film.
IMG

Pinball babe
IMG

BlueBMW doing something important
IMG

Bartre playing under a table
IMG

After my first trip to the vendor hall
IMG

A shot of Madgear's booth
IMG

Part of our Turbofest in the Die-Hard Gamer Room
IMG

TheClash603

Nice!  I need to get a Super Grafx so I can finally play 1941!

I hope that in line with NEC tradition, all of your Turbo guys at least ran the TRAIN on "Pinball babe."

nectarsis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/25/2012, 12:03 PMlol guys, that was fun. benby, thanks a lot for the live broadcast :D
That was EPIC!!!!  (though us hearing each other was a pretty difficult).  

Mathius I never saw that Saturn D&D....NICE!!!! 

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY again bro :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

nectarsis

Thanks to everyone that helped make this such a fun show...special thanks to BM for all the goodies, the condo, and to Josh for dropping off the new monitor

show pics:  http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x285/nectarsis/MGC%202012/

Goodies before the show:
IMG

IMG

the BM hauly part 1
IMG

BM hauly part 2
IMG

Mathius

Nec, Madgear made me a deal for Counter Attack and D&D. Can't wait to get home and tear into this stuff!

jeffhlewis

Hey guys - it's Jeff from the Die Hard Gamer Room. Just wanted to say it was awesome to meet everyone in person and I hope to be around the forums more here as I start up collecting PCE again!

I've got some photos from over the weekend, once I have a chance to sort through everything I'll post 'em up. I had enough energy to unload the car last night and pass the F out.

BlueBMW

Im on the way home.  Dead tired hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Good to see you here, Jeff! I am about to head out towards home now. Be home in 5 hours.

alexsduo

Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

good god, the drive home was an ordeal for me, ended up being ~14 hours.
all said and done though, loads of fun!
hope to see y'all next year.

Mishran

Left the hotel this morning, so we won't be making it home until this evening. I'll post a pic or two of my goodies. Just a few PCE games and MVS carts. Nothing great, but I'm happy with it.

PunkCryborg

I just got home. Had a great time guys! I'll post my hauls in a bit :)

Mathius

Made it home! Sad to leave (I held it together than I did last year lol) but have some great memories. :D

Sparky

wow guys looks like good a time... <<jealous face>>............ and so does the pinball babe :)

DHG Hunter

Thanks again for all of the help folks, and remember, next year Mati runs the whole show...

(Irony is he thinks I'm joking, muahahahaahahaha)

Later.

Keranu

Did Mysterious Song and Jungle Bros ever get up and running on display?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Keranu on 03/26/2012, 10:40 PMDid Mysterious Song and Jungle Bros ever get up and running on display?
They were both up and running and seemed to be a hit. I saw a lot of people playing both. One of JoshTurboTrollX-16's kids didn't like Jungle Brothers and I hope he was punished appropriately.

DHG Hunter

Quote from: Keranu on 03/26/2012, 10:40 PMDid Mysterious Song and Jungle Bros ever get up and running on display?
I actually just posted about this on the MSR thread.  We had a few complications, but suffice to say it ended up in the DHG Room for a good chunk of Saturday rather than outside in the hall.

Later.

Mathius

Quote from: DHG Hunter on 03/26/2012, 10:30 PMThanks again for all of the help folks, and remember, next year Mati runs the whole show...

Later.
*Looks for "resign" button*

DHG Hunter

Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 12:10 AM
Quote from: DHG Hunter on 03/26/2012, 10:30 PMThanks again for all of the help folks, and remember, next year Mati runs the whole show...

Later.
It has been deleted.  >=)

Later.

Mathius

Quote from: DHG Hunter on 03/27/2012, 01:14 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 12:10 AM

Later.
It has been deleted.  >=)

Later.
Noooooooo!

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 03/25/2012, 03:12 PMBartre playing under a table
IMG
god that's a terrible picture of me.

Nando

majors

IMGMain Turbo area

IMGHappy Tony.

http://wedoca.dyndns.biz/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=21

Gallery is slow, and I never got ppl shots :(

Fun times! Saw some old heads, met new cats...I need to remember that you cannot buy beer AFTER 9pm in Wisconsin.

Greets to everyone, let's do it again soon. Come down south where the weather is warm :P
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Nando

No beer after 9pm? that's odd and I thought Texas was funky with alcohol
Great pics man!

majors

Bars and resturants, yes...not at grocery store and quickie-marts after 9.
TG/PCE Collection.

PunkCryborg

Highlight of the weekend was playing boxy boy at BMWs pad

Mathius

Vendor area
IMG

IMG

IMG

DHG Room
IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

More soon...

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Very short video of Turbo Fest

OldRover

Did anyone get video of the MSR or JB displays? It'd be cool to link to them from the Frozen Utopia FB page. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

majors

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2012, 11:09 AMHighlight of the weekend was playing boxy boy at BMWs pad
Who was playing again? Music is relaxing...

Punk' needs a Fami now that he got the a rainbow of carts!
TG/PCE Collection.

Keranu

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/27/2012, 12:46 PMVery short video of Turbo Fest
Nice! I love the way each monitor is set up as a small booth complete with posters!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 03/27/2012, 03:42 PMDid anyone get video of the MSR or JB displays? It'd be cool to link to them from the Frozen Utopia FB page. :)
I am asking around to see if anyone shot video.

BlueBMW

Bossman

Sorry guys, it seems i missed meeting up with you while at the show.  I did meet Tony though.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 05:12 PMI am asking around to see if anyone shot video.
Mati:

I unloaded the videos off of my 4S last night and checked them out - I took a video walkthrough each day of all the games up and running right after we set them all up and before the crowds showed up. I'll post them on youtube soon; they came out really well.

I was going to dub music over them but I don't want to disturb the sound of all the machines running at once. It sounds so awesome.

I brought my Nikon DSLR with me over the weekend but just never got a chance to really get out there and do photography. Definitely will be taking more photos next year.

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/27/2012, 06:12 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2012, 05:12 PMI am asking around to see if anyone shot video.
Mati:

I unloaded the videos off of my 4S last night and checked them out - I took a video walkthrough each day of all the games up and running right after we set them all up and before the crowds showed up. I'll post them on youtube soon; they came out really well.

I was going to dub music over them but I don't want to disturb the sound of all the machines running at once. It sounds so awesome.

I brought my Nikon DSLR with me over the weekend but just never got a chance to really get out there and do photography. Definitely will be taking more photos next year.
Agreed. The natural sounds of the room are more awesome than any dubbed music. :)

Ash

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2012, 11:09 AMHighlight of the weekend was playing boxy boy at BMWs pad
I Had A Good Time With You Guys At BMW's Pad too. I had a wonderful time at MGC :)