OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PCE, SNES and Genesis Screen Comparison.

Started by awack, 03/25/2009, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Here are some of the newer Valis III shots matched up, including a couple from sega-16-
GenesisPC Engine
IMG IMG
IMG Valis3-pce-4.png
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG Valis3-pce-4.png
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

The PCE version is a touch dimmer but that is because it matches the dark, emotional tone of the game. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/01/2009, 09:07 PMThe PCE version is a touch dimmer but that is because it matches the dark, emotional tone of the game. :)
there is nothing dark and emotional about panty shots at random.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

That all depends on who's wearing the panties.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2009, 10:43 PMThat all depends on who's wearing the panties.
very
very
true

IMG
Im sorry.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

For shits and giggles someone should do Rondo of Blood vs. Symphony of the Night (Playstation). Not the same game I know, and I own and have played through both, but a side-by-side would be fun since there are some of the same locations appearing in both.

Tatsujin

and they recycled a lot of the rondo enemies just 1:1.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

valis3-pce-20.png

Why is Bobbin Threadbare attacking Princess Varna?!?
IMG

awack

Further down are side by side comparison shots, the clock tower has the most similar layout but i don't have any shots of that level.

Hey Tom, none of the rom sites i trust have BC Kid but from screen shots Ive seen look less colorful than bonk, of course bonk 2 is the bonk i think of when i think of the pce games.

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG                         

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

Rondo                                          SOTN
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Tatsujin

=D&gt;

it's amazing how good the pce can compete with the psx gekka no yasoukyoku grafx. and that was almost 32bit state of the art 2D grafx! considering the pce is almost a decade older than the psx.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Wow, the PCE version holds up really well in those shots, considering the age difference.

Arkhan Asylum

wow

there is some badass reasoning of why the PCE kicks a whole lot of ass.

The only system Ive seen compete equally is late end SNES stuff like Bahamut Lagoon and Chrono Trigger.

boogiecat

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2009, 06:01 AMWow, the PCE version holds up really well in those shots, considering the age difference.
Yeah im surprised also!! :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: boogiecat on 05/02/2009, 10:12 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/02/2009, 06:01 AMWow, the PCE version holds up really well in those shots, considering the age difference.
Yeah im surprised also!! :D
Holy F%#*!!!  :shock: I can't believe how well the PCE holds up. There's one or two shots where the PCE actually looks better. I'm impressed.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

but are we honest, not really that big surprirse there at all, not? :D

termis

Those were great shots.  Some of those Rondo sprites were definitely seemed to pop up later in SOTN.

No doubt that SOTN is better looking, but Rondo sure did age well for a game on an 8-bit system!

CrackTiger

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/02/2009, 03:51 AMIMG
He's not attacking her, he's just waving hello. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/02/2009, 11:49 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/02/2009, 03:51 AMIMG

He's not attacking her, he's just waving hello. :P
And she's having nothing of it. She's just looking away, ignoring him. Considering a dis of that magnitude it's no wonder it turns into a boss fight.

nat

Thanks for that, awack. That was just what I had in mind.... Although it's a pity you didn't have any of the clock tower, because that was one area in particular I would have liked to see a comparison of.

awack

Hey CrackTiger, i just checked, the 1st boss in valis III for the pce doesn't have the chain.

Picture just to show some of the art and detail that most people probably don't notice in rondo.
IMG

Some snes vs genesis.

EWJ
SNESGenesis
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Fatal Fury
SNESGenesis
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

World Heroes
SNESGenesis
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

I always thought EWJ looked "fat" on the SNES version, but that was just because of the lower resolution of the SNES.

guyjin

Quote from: termis on 05/02/2009, 11:27 AMThose were great shots.  Some of those Rondo sprites were definitely seemed to pop up later in SOTN.

No doubt that SOTN is better looking, but Rondo sure did age well for a game on an 8-bit system!
WHAT?!

How dare you say such a foolish thing. Did you not see those eye-slicing jagged lines? nasty stuff.  [-(
The PCE does not feature jagged jaggies, and is therefore better.

Joe Redifer

True, the PCE features smoooooth jaggies!  :)

Arkhan Asylum

8 bit!?!?!

its 16!

O_O

:-({|=

lol

Yeah the sprites in rondo look smoother.  SOTN has all those PSX sprite doodling swirly things going on where it looks like a 10x zoom of a 16x16 sprite lol.  Too much jigglejaggle

spenoza

Is jigglejaggle a technical term? Is that why the Firefox spell checker is flagging it?  ; )

Yeah, Dracula X is truly an impressive game, especially when compared to the SNES Dracula X.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2009, 02:42 AMespecially when compared to the SNES Dracula X.
that game is the biggest disapointment in whole history of all dracula games!

awack

boogiecat

As usual the PC Engine version of that game is the superior of the two..The Mega Drive version had its strong points also..

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: boogiecat on 05/05/2009, 08:59 AMAs usual the PC Engine version of that game is the superior of the two..The Mega Drive version had its strong points also..
I agree. It's not a blow out, but the colouring on the PCE port definitely brings it ahead on this one.
IMG

Tatsujin

again here. the sad thing is that the pce missing parallax and shows more flickers. but on the pure visual comparison, they're most equal.

termis

Wow, the Genny EWJ looks horrible with all the dithering (almost reminds of the old-school EGA Sierra games).  For any of you that have the RGB mod on the genesis the genesis, do you actually see all the dithering?  And if so, does that tend to dilute the benefit of the bright & clear color factor a bit?

As for Zero Wing, it's about 60/40 for me (edge: PCE) on this one.  The parallax might bring the edge back to the Genny's court if I saw it in action.

NecroPhile

Quote from: termis on 05/05/2009, 10:22 AMAs for Zero Wing, it's about 60/40 for me (edge: PCE) on this one.  The parallax might bring the edge back to the Genny's court if I saw it in action.
Same here.  I'd like to see the 'chicken wire' area in action, 'cause it looks like total poo in that screen shot.  Of course, I could overlook that just to see "All your base are belong to us" in action.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Neither looks superior in that one... they both have enough ups and downs to be on par with each other. :)

_Paul

Hmm it's 50/50 for me, but I do prefer the music on the Mega Drive version compared to the PCE CD tunes.

TurboXray

Quote from: termis on 05/05/2009, 10:22 AMWow, the Genny EWJ looks horrible with all the dithering (almost reminds of the old-school EGA Sierra games).  For any of you that have the RGB mod on the genesis the genesis, do you actually see all the dithering?  And if so, does that tend to dilute the benefit of the bright & clear color factor a bit?
Yup. You can see the dithering just fine with RGB out.

QuoteAs for Zero Wing, it's about 60/40 for me (edge: PCE) on this one.  The parallax might bring the edge back to the Genny's court if I saw it in action.
IIRC, the PCE version does have some parallax. But I give the edge to the PCE version if only for the fact that it's a 64k RAM CD game, not SCD.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, the stars in the bg of every level are paralaxial! :D
IMG

awack

With Tatsujins thread about the Soldier games i decided to do a pce vs pce vs pce.

Final Soldier on left, Soldier Blade on right and Super Star Soldier on bottom,  the 4th set of pics from the top, you can see that Super star soldier is missing a picture.

IMG IMG
                                IMG
IMG IMG
                               IMG
IMG IMG
                               IMG
IMG IMG

IMG IMG
                               IMG
IMG IMG
                               IMG

nat

Man, the best stages in FS come late in the game.

awack

I know, i know, the city in Final Soldier looks pretty good, ill try to knock out the rest of the levels later.

nat

The final level is just amazing, probably the coolest looking level in the entire Soldier/Gunhed catalog.

Arkhan Asylum

how about those compared to Burning Angels

boogiecat

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2009, 12:50 PMHmm it's 50/50 for me, but I do prefer the music on the Mega Drive version compared to the PCE CD tunes.
Yeah the music on the Mega Drive version was better..

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2009, 11:45 PMhow about those compared to Burning Angels
nobody needs to see that. BA is far inferior to all above titles :P

Ceti Alpha

Final Soldier is the least graphically attractive among these titles, but it holds up better than I thought it would. SSS actually looks pretty good too. The solar eclipse effect is super cool. However, Soldier Blade is, of course, the clear winner here.
IMG

awack

In the same order as before.

Quotehow about those compared to Burning Angels
Now, thats one ugly game from what i remember, ill look for some shots to post.

IMG IMG
                              IMG
IMG IMG
                               IMG

Couple of shots from Burning Angel.

IMG IMG

awack

Most people know how BM94/MB compare but im running out of the nicer looking games.
PC EngineGenesis
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

PCE all the way. The Genny isn't bad, but lacks the colour and detail of the PCE.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/08/2009, 11:05 AMPCE all the way. The Genny isn't bad, but lacks the colour and detail of the PCE.
Agreed.  Even if Mega Bomberman were better colored, it'd still be inferior for clipping off the top of the screen (those poor headless penguins).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

awack

Rastan Saga II.
PC EngineGenesis
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

The mega bomber man shots for the genesis are corrupt, there about a billion more colors than there should be.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: awack on 05/08/2009, 12:03 PMThe mega bomber man shots for the genesis are corrupt, there about a billion more colors than there should be.
A billion?!  :shock:  :lol:

As for Rastan Saga II, the PCE takes it again.
IMG