10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/12/2008, 08:45 PMArkhan I assume you dyed your hair blonde at one point and the pics show the result of letting it grow out?  Kind of looks like you're wearing one of those fuzzy Russian hats.  Also, that pic of you sitting on a rock... I really hope that's not your purse!
no thats my girlfriends purse, lol.  I picked it out though.

My hair is normally brown.  I dyed the underparts red, which faded to orangeish yellowish.  the black faded too.  dye blows weener.

;)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

guyjin

Quote from: turbo D on 08/12/2008, 09:03 PMLmao @ the emo walrus. By the way though Guyjin, I don't ever recall seeing a pic of you in any of these threads!  :)
that's because it does not exist. and will not exist. I pwn paparazzi.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 08/12/2008, 07:41 PMThis is kind of mean, but I just had to do it. Sorry, mr. large swiss pce collector.

IMG
be prepared for teh uncomfortable revenge. he's registered on this forum as well :twisted:

@nino: HA-HA!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

elnino

www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Turbo D

Here is a pic of my girlfriend Michelle playing some turbo express!  8)

IMG
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: turbo D on 08/16/2008, 03:36 AMHere is a pic of my girlfriend Michelle playing some turbo express!  8)
Hold on to that one and don't let go!  :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 08/16/2008, 02:12 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 08/16/2008, 03:36 AMHere is a pic of my girlfriend Michelle playing some turbo express!  8)
Hold on to that one and don't let go!  :mrgreen:
haha. agreed. But yeah, your gf is a cutie.  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

JoshTurboTrollX

Keranu in 2006

IMG

QuoteAs the lead guitar of the world famous band, the Lazer Dorks, Keranu once again proves- He is "no bitch to be messin' with!"
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

guyjin

JoshTurboTrollX

after taking off his makeup and leopard skin coat he took a moment to pose for a picture with me!

IMG
Keranu and JoshTurboTrollX-16
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Good times 8) .

Here is me trying to eat ten tacos, but failing after seven.

lazerdorks.org/images/wisconsin2008/08.jpg
lazerdorks.org/images/wisconsin2008/12.jpg

My younger brother was able to handle it with ease.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Ha ha I love the XtR3mE homophobia.  You know how guys always leave a seat between them so other people won't think they are gay?  You guys leave entire tables between each other!

Tatsujin

lol..keranu. why you're not more the fat after eating such stuff :lol:

bust3dstr8

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/19/2008, 04:30 AMHa ha I love the XtR3mE homophobia.  You know how guys always leave a seat between them so other people won't think they are gay?  You guys leave entire tables between each other!
I think that middle table is the staging area for addition waves of greasy meaty goodness. =P~
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 08/19/2008, 04:55 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/19/2008, 04:30 AMHa ha I love the XtR3mE homophobia.  You know how guys always leave a seat between them so other people won't think they are gay?  You guys leave entire tables between each other!
I think that middle table is the staging area for addition waves of greasy meaty goodness. =P~
Haha yeah I'm pretty sure that was why. That's hilarious though, the homophobic reference didn't even cross my mind! Brilliant!

Quote from: Tatsujinlol..keranu. why you're not more the fat after eating such stuff :lol:
Dunno, but I like to challenge myself to extreme eating. I downed a whole Little Caser's pizza, which wasn't that hard. You would expect that to be harder than eating 10 tacos, but those tacos REALLY fill you up and make you sick after the sixth. I'm hoping I can take on a White Castle Crave Case some day (and I've heard two tales of people doing it before).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Turbo D

Now I am craving ten tacos from taco bell!  =P~
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/18/2008, 10:39 PMKeranu in 2006

IMG

QuoteAs the lead guitar of the world famous band, the Lazer Dorks, Keranu once again proves- He is "no bitch to be messin' with!"
=D&gt; =D&gt; :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious! I want to be in The Lazer Dorks.
IMG

Sinistron

Quote from: Keranu on 08/19/2008, 05:30 AMI'm hoping I can take on a White Castle Crave Case some day (and I've heard two tales of people doing it before).
Dear lord... Your ass will be hugging the toilet like best friends after a ten year absence from that feat.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Keranu

My brother tells me of a fat kid he knows that claims he can do it with no problem. There is also an urban legend around here that a family friend has once ate 30 White Castles.
IMG

Lochlan

Quote from: Keranu on 08/19/2008, 11:00 PMThere is also an urban legend around here that a family friend has once ate 30 White Castles.
That is surely the tamest, least-exciting urban legend I have ever heard...

...although, that does add to the believability.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Keranu

Well there's another "urban legend" about the same guy that involved taking a crap on his neighbor's bed while they were on vacation. I put urban legend in quotation because it was an actual event and not a legend  8-[ .
IMG

Turbo D

One time I took a shit in my backyard and the dog rolled in it!  :lol:
IMG IMG
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: turbo D on 08/20/2008, 04:50 AMOne time I took a shit in my backyard and the dog rolled in it!  :lol:
haha... laughed hard at that one  :lol: and pictured it as well  :shock: :P

Sparky needs to post some picts  :-k  (not of me shitting or rolling that is !!!)

Tatsujin

guyjin

Quote from: turbo D on 08/20/2008, 04:50 AMOne time I took a shit in my backyard and the dog rolled in it!  :lol:
:shock:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 08/20/2008, 09:11 AM
haha. I really don't know what to say. That would suck cleaning your own shiza off your dog. And you just had to take a dump in your backyard didn't you. You just couldn't make it to the bathroom could you!  :P :lol:
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 08/19/2008, 05:30 AMDunno, but I like to challenge myself to extreme eating. I downed a whole Little Caser's pizza, which wasn't that hard. You would expect that to be harder than eating 10 tacos, but those tacos REALLY fill you up and make you sick after the sixth. I'm hoping I can take on a White Castle Crave Case some day (and I've heard two tales of people doing it before).
I used to have no trouble putting away 10 tacos... I remember once back in highschool I was visiting friends... and my friends were in the living room and I went in his dad's room to watch a basketball game... Warriors vs Jazz... I remember Tim Hardaway, who was my favorite player back then, got thrown out of the game for mocking a referee by clapping.

I brought in a 10 pack of tacos when I started to watch the game and they were done by the second quarter.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/20/2008, 10:22 AM
haha. I really don't know what to say. That would suck cleaning your own shiza off your dog. And you just had to take a dump in your backyard didn't you. You just couldn't make it to the bathroom could you!  :P :lol:
Ceti, he never said he cleaned it!  :mrgreen: :lol:

Quote from: Turbo D on 08/16/2008, 03:36 AMHere is a pic of my girlfriend Michelle playing some turbo express!  8)

IMG
Here's a pic of my wife playing Image Fight! Chicks dig the turbo!! hehehe

IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/30/2008, 05:59 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/20/2008, 10:22 AM
Ceti, he never said he cleaned it!  :mrgreen: :lol:
That's right!, I didn't clean it! lol! One of my parents tied the dog to the back of the truck and hosed it off. I was sleeping at the time of the cleaning, hahaha. Ahhh, good memories!

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/30/2008, 05:59 PMChicks dig the turbo!! hehehe
Damn straight! And we know how to pick the good ones too!  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

Sinistron

Nintega wouldn't believe it.  Poor soul.
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Keranu

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/30/2008, 05:59 PMI used to have no trouble putting away 10 tacos... I remember once back in highschool I was visiting friends... and my friends were in the living room and I went in his dad's room to watch a basketball game... Warriors vs Jazz... I remember Tim Hardaway, who was my favorite player back then, got thrown out of the game for mocking a referee by clapping.

I brought in a 10 pack of tacos when I started to watch the game and they were done by the second quarter.
Impressive!
IMG

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/01/2008, 01:23 AMNintega wouldn't believe it.  Poor soul.
Of course I would be skeptic Sinitron. Women usually don't get involved with men with such "geeky" hobbies. Maybe things are different in hicksville but whatever. I'll always be a closet gamer. My peers outside of the internet would most likely tell me to "grow up" and or "go get laid" when they find out I am a video game fanatic. The environment around me is so damn superficial that it is near impossible, (if not impossible period) to talk to anyone that excepts me for the unique individual that I am. In that case I would rather be alone than to be with a bunch of immature and judgemental tools that haven't got out of their high school phase and I have met a lot of people like that.

Sinistron

Quote from: Keranu on 09/02/2008, 06:42 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/30/2008, 05:59 PMI used to have no trouble putting away 10 tacos... I remember once back in highschool I was visiting friends... and my friends were in the living room and I went in his dad's room to watch a basketball game... Warriors vs Jazz... I remember Tim Hardaway, who was my favorite player back then, got thrown out of the game for mocking a referee by clapping.

Impressive!
Ten tacos?  I'm not impressed.

Quote from: Nintega on 09/02/2008, 02:26 PM
Quote from: Sinistron on 09/01/2008, 01:23 AMNintega wouldn't believe it.  Poor soul.
Of course I would be skeptic Sinitron. Women usually don't get involved with men with such "geeky" hobbies. Maybe things are different in hicksville but whatever. I'll always be a closet gamer. My peers outside of the internet would most likely tell me to "grow up" and or "go get laid" when they find out I am a video game fanatic. The environment around me is so damn superficial that it is near impossible, (if not impossible period) to talk to anyone that excepts me for the unique individual that I am. In that case I would rather be alone than to be with a bunch of immature and judgemental tools that haven't got out of their high school phase and I have met a lot of people like that.
Ninny old chap- you have to throw this "usually" word into the trash where it belongs.  Of course when you get fixed opinions like that people can just smell the fear and uncertainty on you- and you wind up getting chumped constantly.  You need to carry yourself a little taller- and next time some quiff gives you guff bash their fucking nose in- you'll feel better about yourself- even if you catch a beating for it later.  You'll go down smiling and you'll find yourself chumped less often.

As for chicks- you may think you won't get a chick if you tell one how geeked up you are about videogames- but trust me- way before that chicks aren't into cats who are afraid to be themselves.  You're more likely to find a chick who's A) into videogames or B) doesn't mind them than you are likely to find a chick who's into timid scaredy cats.  Think about it.  It's a choice between having a chance at getting a chick or having no chance at all.  I'm not trying to come off like the King of Pussy or anything either- this is just logic.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/02/2008, 03:22 PMNinny old chap- you have to throw this "usually" word into the trash where it belongs.  Of course when you get fixed opinions like that people can just smell the fear and uncertainty on you- and you wind up getting chumped constantly.  You need to carry yourself a little taller- and next time some quiff gives you guff bash their fucking nose in- you'll feel better about yourself- even if you catch a beating for it later.  You'll go down smiling and you'll find yourself chumped less often.  As for chicks- you may think you won't get a chick if you tell one how geeked up you are about videogames- but trust me- way before that chicks aren't into cats who are afraid to be themselves.  You're more likely to find a chick who's A) into videogames or B) doesn't mind them than you are likely to find a chick who's into timid scaredy cats.  Think about it.  It's a choice between having a chance at getting a chick or having no chance at all.  I'm not trying to come off like the King of Pussy or anything either- this is just logic.
Didn't we already have this discussion?  Methinks your argument is falling on deaf ears.

P.S. - I don't know if you were shooting for queef, but it made me laugh anyway.  Thanks for that.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2008, 03:29 PMP.S. - I don't know if you were shooting for queef, but it made me laugh anyway.  Thanks for that.
You are most certainly welcome Mr. Nat King Colon.

Sinistron

:-k Errr...  I think NecroPhile was talking to me there guy.  Just hazarding a guess.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/02/2008, 03:54 PM:-k Errr...  I think NecroPhile was talking to me there guy.  Just hazarding a guess.
Indeed.  Quiff equals queef, or close enough for government work at least.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2008, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Sinistron on 09/02/2008, 03:54 PM:-k Errr...  I think NecroPhile was talking to me there guy.  Just hazarding a guess.
Indeed.  Quiff equals queef, or close enough for government work at least.
Ok dude my bad. I guess....  :roll:

Sinistron

No more guessing Ninny! That's some of that timid shit we've talked about.  And don't roll your eyes at me kid!  :P Not unless you want the Abuse Caboose to pull up curbside and make an extravagant joke out of you.  Nat King Colon- joish that's forking horrendous.

Yeah- a quiff's kinda queefy in my book and vice-versa.
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/02/2008, 03:22 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/02/2008, 06:42 AM

Impressive!
Ten tacos?  I'm not impressed.
Geez how much do I have to eat to impress you man?  :P

PCEngineHell

Yea 10 tacos I can down easy. Im a big eater though so it takes alot before I feel full. I skip breakfast too though. I have weird eating habits.

Sinistron

Couple o' pics of me generated from YearbookYourself.com- good times.

/8bdbef25a.jpg
IMG

Ceti Alpha

HAHA!!  =D&gt;

I can't wait to try this out.
IMG

Sinistron

Why not be indulgent- here's the other 8 I did...

/64646355.jpg
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/10/2008, 09:14 AMHAHA!!  =D&gt;

I can't wait to try this out.
/Amakusa666/zombie.jpg
/zombie5.jpg, /zombie4.jpg, /zombie3.jpg, /zombie2.jpg, /zombie1.jpg

Ratix

Could be more recent...

IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Oh man, that poor SNES.  Too bad that's so typical.

Tatsujin

but that snes is sent back into the 70s retro look by purpose fo'sho!?

SNKNostalgia

drdre

Quote from: Ratix on 09/21/2008, 02:32 AMcould be more recent...
IMG
Wow, I didn't know they made a brown SNES!!
Is it an old Nintendo Club exclusive?
 :P
Arms installation is complete....good luck