10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

My hair used to be much longer than it is now, but it was annoying as hell.  Plus I looked like an idiot.  So I got it cut and suddenly I started getting girlfriends.  I guess it helps to look like a moron instead of an idiot. :)  But I still wait at least 2 months between cuts.  I shave the back of my neck myself, no need to go in for a trim (not sure why anyone would pay someone to do this).

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI shave the back of my neck myself, no need to go in for a trim (not sure why anyone would pay someone to do this).
The back of my neck gets out of control if I don't keep it trim. I'm going to go in for a cut Monday. It's been over 2 months now since my last cut - I got a really short cut around xmas - too short if you ask me, but whatever. My hair is pretty much useless right now.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

To keep with the theme: I'm getting a hair cut in the next 2-3 hours!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MurderDate

Quote from: esteban on 03/02/2008, 09:13 AMTo keep with the theme: I'm getting a hair cut in the next 2-3 hours!
post pictures!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Keranu

PC Engine FX's favorite banned member

/l_96f7b19fb6ab85a68264a2a8c3e83cf1.jpg

I think he's outta his mind or something.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

What the hell is he doing in that picture?

He actually looks normal there, unlike all the pictures on his MySpace page where he tries to look like a 'G-ed out thug.

More important than all of that is: why do you have that picture of him?

Turbo D

:lol: the banned always want to comeback.

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 01:07 AMMore important than all of that is: why do you have that picture of him?
I can see him in the mirror taking the picture, haha, j/k
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 01:07 AMMore important than all of that is: why do you have that picture of him?
Found it while browsing his MySpace.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

We know you two are friends!

PCEngineHell

I think its funny. He has no furniture at all other then the dresser and his rubber maid storage. I guess he hit rock bottom and never rose again,poor poor Validius.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2008, 01:26 AMWe know you two are friends!
How can you not be friends with him? He's got class 8) .
IMG

Joe Redifer

Look in the mirror at the person taking the picture.  It's.... KERANU!

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2008, 01:54 AMLook in the mirror at the person taking the picture.  It's.... KERANU!
^_______^
IMG

MurderDate

he looks nice enough to me.  is he pouring vodka into a bottle cap to do a hobo shot?

nat

MurderDate

haha.. I don't know what's wrong with me - the first time I looked at that picture I swear I saw him holding a plastic 2 liter bottle and a little round disc like a bottle cap.  WEIRD !

I missed all the drama / sensation with this guy ..  was before my time.    I've only been collecting since October !

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/01/2008, 07:12 PMMy hair used to be much longer than it is now, but it was annoying as hell.  Plus I looked like an idiot.  So I got it cut and suddenly I started getting girlfriends.  I guess it helps to look like a moron instead of an idiot. :)
:lol: :lol: HAHA

Both my mom and my gf like me with a little bit of hair instead of being totally shaved, so I'm going to start doing that.... I need some kind of power tool that will let me cut it short because I've been shaving my head with a razor.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteBoth my mom and my gf like me with a little bit of hair instead of being totally shaved, so I'm going to start doing that.... I need some kind of power tool that will let me cut it short because I've been shaving my head with a razor.
Let me introduce you to a friend of mine:

IMG

It works like a charm. Though I don't shave my head anymore, I use it to trim my beard.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/03/2008, 03:30 PMLet me introduce you to a friend of mine:
Did you pick that trimmer because it says 'TURBO' on it?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: MurderDate on 03/03/2008, 02:58 PMhaha.. I don't know what's wrong with me - the first time I looked at that picture I swear I saw him holding a plastic 2 liter bottle and a little round disc like a bottle cap.  WEIRD !

I missed all the drama / sensation with this guy ..  was before my time.    I've only been collecting since October !
I think he was only here briefly because I missed him as well. Of course, I was MIA for a long time, but...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nat

Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2008, 10:29 PM
Quote from: MurderDate on 03/03/2008, 02:58 PMhaha.. I don't know what's wrong with me - the first time I looked at that picture I swear I saw him holding a plastic 2 liter bottle and a little round disc like a bottle cap.  WEIRD !

I think he was only here briefly because I missed him as well. Of course, I was MIA for a long time, but...
Ice ages came and went while you were gone. I think there was a Paleozoic era in there somewhere, too.

Dark Fact

The following picture may scare you...

/ymokriy/Yuriy.jpg

P.S. 700th post!!! :D

P.P.S. 4 Bonk smilies!!! :D :D :D
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

nat

Wow, Dark Fact looks very different than what I imagined. I guess I really didn't imagine anything, but if I had, it definitely would've been something different.

gekioh

IMG
Thats a link for my photo. Woo hoo I finally got my pic up here.

Rainbow_Bright

cool pic :) Whats your tshirt?

MurderDate

geki,  it doesn't count unless you inbed!! ya lazy crust punk !   :P

Ceti Alpha

QuoteDid you pick that trimmer because it says 'TURBO' on it?  Laughing
Am I THAT transparent?  :mrgreen:
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: natWow, Dark Fact looks very different than what I imagined. I guess I really didn't imagine anything, but if I had, it definitely would've been something different.
I guess you're disappointed to see that I'm not a horned dark priest with a blue face. :(
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

nat

gekioh

cool pic  Whats your tshirt?
My t-shirt is of a band called Misery. They are one of my favorites. They have been around for a while.

Rainbow_Bright

Yeah, I caught the misery bit..I thought it may have been Misery Index! I think they are some metal band or something ..Anyway, never heard of Misery the band :)

Dark Fact

Quote from: natA little.
Heh, so what would you have imagined me as? :D

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Dark Fact on 03/04/2008, 02:35 PM
Quote from: natA little.
Heh, so what would you have imagined me as? :D
Something other then a normal looking teen playing WOW.

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 11:30 PMWow, Dark Fact looks very different than what I imagined. I guess I really didn't imagine anything, but if I had, it definitely would've been something different.
Haha, same exact thoughts here!

Your picture is nothing to be scared of, Dark Fact. :)
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: PCEngineHellSomething other then a normal looking teen playing WOW.
Hey, I resent that remark! :evil:

I play City of Heroes. :wink:

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Nice! I like your laptop!  :mrgreen:
IMG

nat

Tatsujin, your last two pics are disturbing.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteTatsujin, your last two pics are disturbing.
hehe. Yes. Is that a cup of bubble tea Tats? Man, I gave that stuff a chance and it's just not right.
IMG

Sinistron

ha that does look like boba tea
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

quoth09

Quote from: rainbow_bright on 03/04/2008, 12:45 PMYeah, I caught the misery bit..I thought it may have been Misery Index! I think they are some metal band or something ..Anyway, never heard of Misery the band :)
here is their entry on Discogs.com:
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Misery+(4)

not my thing though, just being helpful.

Rainbow_Bright

bad link, but thanks for trying :) I don't think they would be my thing anyway!

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

nat

Finally we see the real Tatsujin. Unmasked.

Sinistron

IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Ceti Alpha

That is hilarious tats.  :lol:  =D&gt;
IMG

Joe Redifer

Suddenly I don't want to play that game you're holding anymore.   :D

guyjin

what game is that, anyway?