OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

IMG

jtucci31

Yeah holy shit I'm jealous of those turbo games on the 3DS. I was just thinking about that, are there any Turbo games on the NA 3DS eshop at all?

ToyMachine78

I'm pissed. I bought Metal Slug 3 for Xbox thinking it was one of the backwards compatible titles with the 360 and its not. I just about spit my beer out last night when I started up the game and got a nice error window pop up! Grrrr...

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 11:30 AMI'm pissed. I bought Metal Slug 3 for Xbox thinking it was one of the backwards compatible titles with the 360 and its not. I just about spit my beer out last night when I started up the game and got a nice error window pop up! Grrrr...
I think that is a issue with a lot of the 2D titles from the original Xbox concerning compatibility with the 360.

Sparky

Since the snow has melted and our igloos are destroyed us Canadians are out and about :) got a few things today, starting to get back into comics.

IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 08:20 PMSince the snow has melted and our igloos are destroyed us Canadians are out and about :) got a few things today, starting to get back into comics.

IMG
Whats invasion?

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 11:30 AMI'm pissed. I bought Metal Slug 3 for Xbox thinking it was one of the backwards compatible titles with the 360 and its not. I just about spit my beer out last night when I started up the game and got a nice error window pop up! Grrrr...
Metal Slug 3 IS on XBLA. :)

Do the other SNK Xbox games work on a 360 too?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 09:38 PM
Metal Slug 3 IS on XBLA. :)

.  Really!!!!!??? Wtf!!!!!! How did I miss that!?

ToyMachine78

^^^^ WTH I didn't leave that lol

TheClash603

Tats, how is Outrun 3D?  60fps?

I would love to play it.

::runs to play SMS Outrun 3D and pretends it is as good::

Bardoly

/4uyu.jpg

Circus Lido and the Magical Chase soundtrack

/u7wa.jpg

3 more Turbo retail boxes knocked off of the list!
Only 4 more to go!

J.B. Harold Murder Club
Lords of the Rising Sun
Magical Chase   Lol.
Timeball

If anyone has any of the above retail boxes and is willing to trade/sell them, please let me know.
Thanks.

Nando

circus lido, a game that took me by surprised. I spent a stupid amount of time playing it. lol

SmaMan

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 09:38 PMMetal Slug 3 IS on XBLA. :)

I know SNK vs. Capcom doesn't work on 360, which sucks because that's really the one game I really want from its library. (and they wonder why few people have used the 360's backwards compatibility, amirite?)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

ToyMachine78

Yeah there are a bunch that work on 360. There are lists on the net.

xcrement5x

My slow boat shipment from Japan finally came in after almost 2 months of waiting.  This is the first time I've shipped this way and while it was pretty darn cheap compared to sending something EMS the time was killer.

First off, the reason I sent it slow boat:

IMG

Boxed Japanese Sega Saturn (white) with all the inserts, paperwork, and necessary hookups.

Extra Sega Saturn White Control Pad, didn't expect it to come with a box!

Sega Saturn Backup Memory Cart

Then some LaserActive MegaLD love:

IMG

All are Japanese games, but play in English as well.

3D Museum (no 3D glasses; but disc, instruction sheet, and reg card are in good shape)
Hi Roller Battle (complete with obi)
Rocket Coaster (complete with obi)

Then some misc stuff

IMG

On the recommendation of Dan I grabbed this Lunar Art book which is phenomenal.  Nice artwork, lots of color, and lots of pages.

Tricky (Kick) for the PC Engine, I've heard lots of good stuff about this game and had a blast playing it for a bit last night.

Tarako - A Falcom Drama CD with Popful Mail, more stuff for my Popful Mail collection.

messa!! Tiny Treasure Box - A doujin music album based on Falcom stuff.  I mainly bought if for a Popful Mail track, but the Ys tracks are much better on it.

and this embarassing addition
IMG

Osouji Sentai Clean Keeper for the Nintendo Wii (Limited Edition)

This LE isn't too bad, it comes with a cell phone charm set, unopened CD, and the game with all the documentation

This game however... makes me ashamed.  I picked it up with the slow boat stuff since I figured I could probably sell it for some bucks, but I feel like some kind of smut peddler selling it. Essentially the goal is to clean "grimy spots" off the girls on screen using the Wii remote.  But of course, would I expect anything different from Idea Factory?

A good link about it: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/03/12/how-to-erase-angry-in-dirt-osouji-sentai-clean-keeper/

Finally, so this post doesn't end in (as much) shame, I picked up a new figure for my desk.  Everyone's favorite PC Engine heroine.....
(everyone and favorite are debatable)

Wonder Momoooooo!
IMG

Nando

I had no idea the Wii had softcore stuff, but then again. JAPAN!

SuperDeadite

Momo's face looks like she's got a dick stuck up that ass.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/09/2014, 05:22 PMMomo's face looks like she's got a dick stuck up that ass.
And what's wrong with that?  :mrgreen:

Maybe it's a blue crab pinching her tush.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

/largo.jpg
/virtua.jpg

And about 75 magazines all pre-2000

/mags1.jpg

wildfruit

A new car

BlueBMW

Just think how many magical chases you could have got instead!! :D

Ope hooked me up with some spiffy stuffs.  Effectively doubled my MSX library! :D

/opiehookup_zps065b817a.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/10/2014, 05:37 PMJust think how many magical chases you could have got instead!! :D
Two?

What's the game above the MSX Salamander?

BlueBMW

Parodius.  The Ys 3 is also MSX.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Joe Redifer

6 MSX games down, 100's to go! I'm very curious about the MSX version of Ys 3. I'm sure it's glorious! :)

BlueBMW

Its my only game on floppy disk so heres to hoping the drive still works!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/11/2014, 12:22 AMI'm sure it's glorious! :)
Gloriously choppy frame rates/scrolling I'm sure.

Opethian

yea its a bit choppy but dem tunes!
IMG

jordan_hillman

/virtua.jpg

True Lies is actually a really awesome game
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

o.pwuaioc

removed

Ninja Spirit

MrFlutterPie

Nice Rushing beat :)  Are you going to get the whole trilogy?

Opethian

who made that custom case for gunhed special?

and what irem board is that? :D I cant zoom in and tell
IMG

dingsbums

I made the inlay for Gunhed Special myself (scanned the HU Card, cleaned the picture & printed it).
The PCB's are Undercover Cops & Heated Barrel.

Opethian

damn UC is it a legit japan version? those are fuccen pricey!
IMG

roflmao

Nice! 2 Pop'n Twinbees in a row. I love that game. :)

Nando

That Zenki game has some great graphics! What's the SCD game with the green label? Very very nice pick ups.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/13/2014, 04:38 PMNice Rushing beat :)  Are you going to get the whole trilogy?
Afraid it's damn near impossible with Rushing Beat Shura being in the three figure club.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: guest on 05/13/2014, 09:34 PMNice! 2 Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures in a row. I love that game. :)
Fixed. It's like Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures fused together.
SNES Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventure

Nando

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/14/2014, 12:54 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/13/2014, 04:38 PMNice Rushing beat :)  Are you going to get the whole trilogy?
Afraid it's damn near impossible with Rushing Beat Shura being in the three figure club.
Which one of the three is the best one?

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Nando on 05/14/2014, 10:54 AM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/14/2014, 12:54 AM
Which one of the three is the best one?
Peacekeepers IMO

Bardoly

dingsbums

Quote from: Opethian on 05/13/2014, 08:57 PMdamn UC is it a legit japan version?
No it's the World version - and yes I know about the differences but I don't really care because it was really cheap & it's fuckin' Undercover Cops  :dance:.

Quote from: Nando on 05/13/2014, 09:47 PMWhat's the SCD game with the green label?
That's Star of Quiz - not a good game really but when you want a complete
PCE collection ....  :-({|= :-".

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/14/2014, 02:04 PMSo how much did the Gunhed Special Version set you back?
11000 Yen on Yahoo in a bundle with 5 loose Trash games  8).

Bernie

Got in Cho Aniki and Ai-cho Aniki.....  I feel.....different now having played them..  The music itself is kinda disturbing, in a strange way.

Mathius

IMG IMG

Get that DVD now while you can. From what I have seen it is extremely cool!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/japandvd/japandvd.htm

roflmao

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/14/2014, 02:01 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/13/2014, 09:34 PMNice! 2 Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures in a row. I love that game. :)
Derp!  I had no idea!  Thanks for correcting me. :P

roflmao

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/14/2014, 02:01 AM
Derp!  I had no idea!  Thanks for correcting me. :P

roflmao

Derp! Double post...

jtucci31